• 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Thumbs up.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder if the pro is any good miss out on hyper loop but might get a smoother game like TWD pro.

I'm a huge fan of the pro. Death Star is still not an easy shot, but if you hit it, it never rejects, and it can be backhanded. And my Hoth shot is smooth as butter...no smacking the silly forks that do not move out of the way quick enough. The hyperloop is ok...but I can't stand it hanging over the flippers, and you do not really interact with it other than loading the balls. I like smacking the ball out of the "trap" to start hyperspace multiball and get jackpots on the pro instead. The pro just looks and plays more "cleanly" in my opinion.

The other premium stuff is not a big deal to me either. The virtual ball save is just as quick as the physical gate (and never has issues). The cracking egg Death Star is downright silly looking on the premium. The lightshow when you blow it up on the pro is just as effective, and less cheesy (again, just my opinion).

This is one pro that gets written off way to quickly.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm just going to put this out there in regards to the premium hyperloop and why it is so special (at least to me). I have wanted a Getaway (steve richie) pin for a while now. I always thought the supercharger was one of the coolest toys in pinball history (maybe i'm boring). I could never come across one i liked for the price, so it never happened.
BOOM Stern Star Wars released. This hyperdrive loop is 5X cooler than the Getway supercharger, plus with the new depth and ruleset of this generation. It was win win for me, i get one of the best toys ever (IMO), plus the star wars theme (awesome), plus a steve richie fast flowy layout (yes).
anyways, just my thoughts on why the hyperdrive loop sells itself.
Nothing wrong with the pro, but it lacks what makes this machine so special. It is the only premium i might argue for vs a pro.

Very cool that you were able to get a feature you love in an even better game!

For me personally, the Getaway supercharger never did much for me either. Yes, it's a cool trick, but I do not like that I am not interacting with it at all. To me, the No Fear jump loop is a very similar feature, but so much cooler because it is up to me to keep it going. I will admit, it is fun to watch though, and kind of amazing how fast it can get the ball winging around.

I'm glad we have options. While it isn't a selling point for me, it's cool that it a special feature for you and many others. SW in any form is such an amazing game, and it's a shame it is so polarizing. I know you can never make everyone happy, but I'm really not sure why so many people do not give it a chance (or do and just do not click with it).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-premium-gotten-better?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.