Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Thumbs up.gif

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t get into BM66. Best code in a poor layout is not for me.

This^

It may have good code, but the layout feels clunky.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm just going to put this out there in regards to the premium hyperloop and why it is so special (at least to me). I have wanted a Getaway (steve richie) pin for a while now. I always thought the supercharger was one of the coolest toys in pinball history (maybe i'm boring). I could never come across one i liked for the price, so it never happened.
BOOM Stern Star Wars released. This hyperdrive loop is 5X cooler than the Getway supercharger, plus with the new depth and ruleset of this generation. It was win win for me, i get one of the best toys ever (IMO), plus the star wars theme (awesome), plus a steve richie fast flowy layout (yes).
anyways, just my thoughts on why the hyperdrive loop sells itself.
Nothing wrong with the pro, but it lacks what makes this machine so special. It is the only premium i might argue for vs a pro.

I dunno, the Pro is pretty great. Yes, you are missing the hyperloop, but you do gain smooth-as-butter deathstar and hoth shots. The Pro is fast as all hell. Otherwise the game is basically identical. The Pro is an exceptionally low-maintenance machine which is great as well.

EDIT: I miss the wireform ramps more than I miss the hyperloop/deathstar

#53 1 year ago

Star Wars Pro is an excellent game. I bought the pro first, then upgraded to a premium. For me the features were absolutely worth it. But the pro is a good game also, and it’s an easier game.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm just going to put this out there in regards to the premium hyperloop and why it is so special (at least to me). I have wanted a Getaway (steve richie) pin for a while now. I always thought the supercharger was one of the coolest toys in pinball history (maybe i'm boring). I could never come across one i liked for the price, so it never happened.
BOOM Stern Star Wars released. This hyperdrive loop is 5X cooler than the Getway supercharger, plus with the new depth and ruleset of this generation. It was win win for me, i get one of the best toys ever (IMO), plus the star wars theme (awesome), plus a steve richie fast flowy layout (yes).
anyways, just my thoughts on why the hyperdrive loop sells itself.
Nothing wrong with the pro, but it lacks what makes this machine so special. It is the only premium i might argue for vs a pro.

Very cool that you were able to get a feature you love in an even better game!

For me personally, the Getaway supercharger never did much for me either. Yes, it's a cool trick, but I do not like that I am not interacting with it at all. To me, the No Fear jump loop is a very similar feature, but so much cooler because it is up to me to keep it going. I will admit, it is fun to watch though, and kind of amazing how fast it can get the ball winging around.

I'm glad we have options. While it isn't a selling point for me, it's cool that it a special feature for you and many others. SW in any form is such an amazing game, and it's a shame it is so polarizing. I know you can never make everyone happy, but I'm really not sure why so many people do not give it a chance (or do and just do not click with it).

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t get into BM66. Best code in a poor layout is not for me.

I have both and really enjoy both games but I feel SW Prem is more of an adrenaline rush. The hyper loop shot never gets old and the death star can be backhanded on a "perfect" shot.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have both and really enjoy both games but I feel SW Prem is more of an adrenaline rush. The hyper loop shot never gets old and the death star can be backhanded on a "perfect" shot.

Yes! Set up the game at 6.5 and you should be able to backhand the fork ramp if it is hit just right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside