Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“After Shooting a Lit Planet: Should you only be able to select Modes from THAT Planet? (Read first post for Details)”

• Riding the "Endor" Ramp to start Death Star (and other planet) Modes feels like the easy way out. I want a bit more of a challenge. Make me to shoot the other Planets to start their modes, please. 21 votes
    58%
  • I don't care for shooting a variety shots on the playfield. I want All Mode Starts, Jackpots, and Points to be at the easiest shot to hit. The "Endor" Ramp! 15 votes
    42%

(36 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170823_160731595 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_161629565 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_160735215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_160337478 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago

I don't consider it a flaw either. it's just a way to make the game easier and more approachable on default settings. If I were to own the game I'd turn off mode stacking to make the game more difficult because it's too easy IMO on default settings to get through all of the modes. That solves the issue and forces you to shoot all of the shots. it also makes the game feel less convoluted and allows you to feel more theme immersion as you can focus on one story mode at a time. I don't even own the game and I've already made it through all the modes in a single game a handful of times already on route.-when they spot you modes and allow you to stack it really isn't that challenging to do. Last night I had everything qualified for Jedi Multiball except "Jedi Master". I love the game but people will start getting bored of it if you can make it to the end that easily. My preference would be for mode stacking to be "off" by default as I prefer having more of a challenge. Yes, I know I can choose not to stack modes but that puts me at a disadvantage when competing against other players on location. -You have to maximize scoring using every advantage you can get!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't consider it a flaw either. it's just a way to make the game easier and more approachable on default settings. If I were to own the game I'd turn off mode stacking to make the game more difficult because it's too easy IMO on default settings to get through all of the modes. That solves the issue and forces you to shoot all of the shots. it also makes the game feel less convoluted and allows you to feel more theme immersion as you can focus on one story mode at a time. I don't even own the game and I've already made it through all the modes in a single game a handful of times already on route.-when they spot you modes and allow you to stack it really isn't that challenging to do. Last night I had everything qualified for Jedi Multiball except "Jedi Master". I love the game but people will start getting bored of it if you can make it to the end that easily. My preference would be for mode stacking to be "off" by default as I prefer having more of a challenge. Yes, I know I can choose not to stack modes but that puts me at a disadvantage when competing against other players on location. -You have to maximize scoring using every advantage you can get!

Stopped out to play Star Wars on my way home from work and on my second game made it to Jedi Multiball and defeated the Emperor on my first ball! I won't spoil it but it's a pretty intense mode and was a rush to play! Once you defeat him your flippers go dead and you start the game over as a new character. Ended up putting up my best score to date. I'm thinking there must be a grander wizard mode planned for if you defeat the Emperor with all 4 characters in the same game. -probably be an hour plus game for that!

I still think default settings are too easy though and default difficulty should be turned up and perhaps mode stacking disabled by default. I have a feeling now that I've made it once it will be a pretty regular occurrence similar to how DTR was in LOTR.

IMG_20170823_160337478 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170823_160735215 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170823_161629565 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170823_160731595 (resized).jpg

#50 2 years ago

Currently with mode stacking "on" it's way too easy to make it through all of the modes. Then, after you beat the Emperor you have to basically start all over by choosing a new character and play through many of these same modes again. Doing this for all 4 characters would make for an incredibly long game even with stacking left on. Most modes you'd end up having to play through 2 or 3 times. I had a great game last week where I reached Jedi Multiball and defeated the Emperor ball 1 but it was kind of a buzzkill to have to basically start the game over with a new character and have to play through many of the same modes again. Reminds me of 90's games where you have to start over again after reaching the Wizard Mode in a game.

My preference would be to have mode stacking "off" which makes the journey to Jedi MB a bit longer but instead of having to play through the entire next character's mode arc, you get spotted all of the modes that you completed with your initially character. This would mean that you would most likely only have to play 1-2 modes with each of the remaining 3 characters. Once you complete all modes using a combo of all characters (and possibly some other new requirements achieved) then there could be some kind of Ultimate Wizard mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside