Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“After Shooting a Lit Planet: Should you only be able to select Modes from THAT Planet? (Read first post for Details)”

• Riding the "Endor" Ramp to start Death Star (and other planet) Modes feels like the easy way out. I want a bit more of a challenge. Make me to shoot the other Planets to start their modes, please. 22 votes
    58%
  • I don't care for shooting a variety shots on the playfield. I want All Mode Starts, Jackpots, and Points to be at the easiest shot to hit. The "Endor" Ramp! 16 votes
    42%

(38 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170823_160731595 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_161629565 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_160735215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170823_160337478 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

This poll is BS. You either offer us the choice of voting for your personal preference, or voting for you basically calling us lazy idiots.

Quoted from zacaj:

Also fuck those poll options, dude. Really?

If I could upvote that a million times...

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody seen this game used in real tournament play yet? Be curious to see if top players in the world spam the left ramp like we predict here.

We've used it in league for several weeks. Using the Endor Ramp, or any other mode start location really, is a strategy I've shown to everyone else, because frankly, shooting the Tattoine scoop is problematic at best, and a guaranteed SDTMFM drain at worst.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Ride the Endor Ramp Train.

Yet another pinside that fails to read what was actually said, quotes it anyways, and skews it to suit their own agenda. WOW THAT NEVER HAPPENS HERE, RIGHT?

You know, for someone that has so many problems with how this game was designed, maybe you should just stop being annoying with all these posts and polls about it, and just finally admit that YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME. Jesus Christ. There's a reason I said "or any other mode start shot".....leaving Endor for *LAST* to qualify is the smart play for those that have half a brain, because it IS the easy shot. Qualifying Death Star and Hoth on ball 1 should be priority. Then, and only then, assuming that you haven't already started a mode, should any kind of sane person other than one trying to eke out a bare minimum of points, even be thinking about shooting Endor to qualify those modes. Getting the other three going is massively more valuable than just cheesing Endor to death. Go to Endor on ball 3 if you haven't had any luck with the other ones.

I'd be fine with them removing stacking altogether after the first character is completed, as was suggested above, but you're advocating for it to be gone entirely, which is advocating for lazy play. Modes don't time out. You have to finish them either way. Eliminating stacking completely is a stupid move, especially if there is some grand plan for a massive wizard mode after finishing all characters. Really, it should be:

1st - Stacking
2nd - No stacking
3rd - Stacking
4th - No stacking

Then, you get the best of both worlds, advancement that's not INSANELY SLOW and also a bit of a reward for clearing those non-stacking sections in the form of getting to stack again then the uber wizard mode. Having all 4 be non-stacking...who the hell wants to play that game? It would take *literally* longer than getting to Valinor even if you assume the LOTR player and the SW player made a flawless series of shots to get to the end. That's just dumb.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"Eliminating stacking completely is a stupid move"
But isn't that the very option Stern just gave us was to turn On or Off stacking completely. All or nothing? I'm confused. Are you advocating for more nuance.. cause Stern don't do nuance, yo

Right, and I'm fine with there being the *option*. Doesn't mean it will ever get used by 99% of players, because stacking is a hallmark of modern pinball code, and this game as it currently sits (with the intention to be able to add additional characters), is way the hell to deep to be solo-shooting through EVERY...BLOODY...MODE...without stacking. I don't see any way they could make qualifying stacked modes any more difficult other than just removing them, or just making some kind of ridiculous overcomplicated mess of the code (Shoot one mode start only get that shot's modes, shoot two mode starts within X seconds then get to stack modes from those two? How do you even relay that info to the player?).

And how do you figure Stern doesn't do nuance? Both Dwight and Lyman are good with that. AC/DC's scoring for Album Multiball is brilliant. Spider-Man is brilliant with the shot multipliers and rules around getting to Superhero without using an extra ball. The combo chaining bonus giving playfield multipliers is awesome. I feel like I own one of the LEAST nuanced games stern has released in recent years (Metallica), and that's still been one of their most popular games.

Games that are completely lacking any kind of nuance? WWE, Avengers, Transformers (to a lesser degree than those two..at least it has shot multipliers). Those three are the 'cream of the crud', and I actually really like Transformers. KISS is pretty straightforward too, but there's a lot to do there. Kind of like Metallica....lots to do there, but it's not hard to understand at all.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

why is Mode stacking default off in tournament mode?

I'm pretty sure this is because, IMO, multiballs are too easy to get. That's my one actual beef with the code, but it's also why I prefer mode stacking on. Ultimately, any way it's set everyone theoretically has the same opportunity. The last thing on earth you want to do for tournament play is present really good players with easier routes to have longer balls.

Unfortunately, "tournament rules" don't always equal "fun"..... getting 5 million points instead of an extra ball from a mystery award for example...

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Grand Wizard Mode

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did everything about the Sith just become crystal clear to anyone else? X_X

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll5-how-to-fix-the-endor-ramp-mode-start-exploit?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.