So far, Star Wars appears to be doing a good job of giving us many ways to approach the machine. Great stuff Stern! Please don't take these suggestions as criticism. Just some simple ideas on how to continue evolving an already great machine.
There appears to be an exploit for competitive play.
- The Left "ENDOR" Ramp is one of the easiest shots in the game.
- I have seen many video's of people "Safely" backhanding it repeatedly. So, why allow that ramp to start the modes of OTHER PLANETS?
The Simple FIX to this Exploit:
- When you Shoot a Lit Planet Shot: ONLY Modes from THAT Planet become Select-able!
- HOWEVER, If you PASS (instead of starting a mode), and then SHOOT a DIFFERENT LIT PLANET SHOT, you then have the option to stack from THE TWO PLANETS YOU HAVE ALREADY VISITED. (Note: The two Lit Planets would need to be hit on the SAME BALL in Play)
WHY DO THIS???
- It makes no sense to start a Tatooine Mission when visiting Hoth (for example)
- There is a danger of monotonous play during competition, as players will gravitate towards riding the Left "Endor Ramp" to start hard to reach planet modes (that can be easily spotted lit by the Ball Launch Path selection).
- This change helps BALANCE the game by making it difficult for players to choose which hero to bring with which path.
- This would work equally well for both Stacking or No-Stacking settings!
- With Mode Stacking turned on: The OPTION to "PASS" would become more enticing. The prospect of SHOOTING a 2nd Different Planet ON THE SAME BALL to STACK MODES would prove MORE REWARDING. (less luck ... use SKILL to earn that stack!)