Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“(Premium/LE) Would you like to destroy AT-ATs with a Hyper-Loop TOW CABLE? (Read how in 1st post)”

• Yes, I think using the Hyper Ramp to simulate Tow Cabling an AT- AT would be rad! 37 votes
    82%
  • No, I think the Hyper Ramp is already being used enough. 8 votes
    18%

(45 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Who knows, maybe this is already in the works, but how many of you would like to see more creative usage of the Hyper Ramp on the Premium/LE models?

During Escape from Hoth:

- Shoot a couple shots to approach AT-AT with your Snowspeeder.

- Shoot the Hyper Loop Ramp to simulate firing a Tow Cable.

- Ball flies around Loop 2-3 times with Cable Wrapping Sound Effects.

- Ball is returned to right flipper for a Combo shot to the Bobble Tie Standup. (To release the Tow Cable)

- Combo successful: AT-AT comes crashing down. Violent shaker action!

- Combo fails: Player must shoot Ramp again to try for combo.

- Kill 2 AT-ATs this way to go to Victory Multi-Ball!

#2 6 years ago

Feel free to share your ideas on how the (Premium/LE) Hyper Loop Tow Cable could be implemented!

#3 6 years ago

Congrats to all the LE owners who got theirs today!

Can't wait to see more videos of the Hyper Ramp Loop and Death Star in action!

#4 6 years ago

WTF with all these polls?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They are here to stay. Please don't ruin them for those who want to have a voice on future coding.

I am respecting the etiquette and not posting in other threads.

I ask you to respect what I am trying to accomplish.

If you don't like the polls, you don't have to read them. Simple.

Oh ... and please watch your language in my thread. Let's keep this clean and constructive.

Thank you.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Quoted from Hoser:

Oh ... and please watch your language in my thread.

The letter F was offensive?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

- Combo successful: AT-AT comes crashing down. Violent shaker action!

That only disables the @ - @ you need a shot to kill it for F sakes

#8 6 years ago

I like the ideas here. I hope they program something like this in.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That only disables the @ - @ you need a shot to kill it for F sakes

Soooooooo F'n true! Got to finish that AT-AT off! Where, on the playfield, would you put that final shot to take it down?

BTW ... language is a sensitive subject after I got moderated for the first time in my life yesterday.

Trying to figure out if I'm humiliated ... or proud.

Quite a feat for this eternal optimist!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I like the ideas here. I hope they program something like this in.

Thanks.

Let's brainstorm.

What other ways can they incorporate that awesome Hyper Ramp Loop?

#11 6 years ago

I love this idea. The final shot could be randomized between the left orbit, left ramp, or either side of the loop shot.

Maybe your goal is to take down as many as you can, building a big jackpot that you can collect by hitting the tie fighter after a shot into the hyper loop ramp. The final collect would show Luke taking out a walker with a thermal detonator.

Could be a really cool risk reward situation.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The letter F was offensive?

brought to you this week by......

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I love this idea. The final shot could be randomized between the left orbit, left ramp, or either side of the loop shot.
Maybe your goal is to take down as many as you can, building a big jackpot that you can collect by hitting the tie fighter after a shot into the hyper loop ramp. The final collect would show Luke taking out a walker with a thermal detonator.
Could be a really cool risk reward situation.

Cool stuffs. Keep the ideas coming Pinsiders!

#14 6 years ago

WTF SMH

#15 6 years ago

Had to look that one up on google.

SMH = Shaking My Head

Learn something new everyday, I suppose.

What's next? Emojis?

I kid ... I kid ...

#16 6 years ago

#17 6 years ago

Well played. Well played.

I'm starting to warm up to your style of sarcasm.

(that was a compliment)

#18 6 years ago

Played the pro again recently.

Gotta say, Stern is heading in the right direction with newer codes.

The extended trash talk by the Emperor after a Tilt is brilliant!

Let's keep them motivated to continue polishing the code!

#19 6 years ago

This sounds like a great idea.....that will never happen. If you think of great and creative things for them to add in the code you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. When X-Men was released there were so many great code ideas posted, but all we got was minor bug fixes and capping off the final modes so they could throw it in the bin and call it finished.

Your best bet is not to put to much thought into how cool the code could be and just accept and try to appreciate what they give you.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This sounds like a great idea.....that will never happen. If you think of great and creative things for them to add in the code you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. When X-Men was released there were so many great code ideas posted, but all we got was minor bug fixes and capping off the final modes so they could throw it in the bin and call it finished.
Your best bet is not to put to much thought into how cool the code could be and just accept and try to appreciate what they give you.

Sadly this is true. Many of Sterns premium features could be much more interesting and fun if additional code was added for the devices.

It would also be nice if there was a mode in GB Premium / LE that required the player to hit the moving Slimer mech at different shots...great idea that never happened.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for the perspective.

I still believe nothing ventured noting gained.

Yes I have a ton of polls. Do I expect the ideas to happen? Not really. But hey, if Stern thinks one or two doable, and the people on pinside vote heavily for it (over 80%) ... You never know.

BTW ... I picked up an X-Men LE after the big code update. It is still my favorite pin!

#22 6 years ago

All kinds of video of the LE coming out now.

What do you think of the idea of using the Hyper Loop to simulate a Snow Speeder Tow Cable?

How else would you like to see the Hyper Loop used creatively?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sadly this is true. Many of Sterns premium features could be much more interesting and fun if additional code was added for the devices.
It would also be nice if there was a mode in GB Premium / LE that required the player to hit the moving Slimer mech at different shots...great idea that never happened.

The code is usually slightly different btwn most le's and pro's. It's pretty rare they don't code something for the featured items that separate the pro from the LE. The main one that comes to mind is second playfields. Maybe they could do something different with them but.. like the crossbow is basically the same on a pro to le TWD. same animation and result, not sure about the hammer on Metallica Since I haven't played it much.

Wonder what would happen if they kept the pro and LE premium playfields the same. Except maybe part of a ramp, adding a few more balls in the trough for a higher count multiball mode and a few inserts in order to light a few more modes that were really fun. If they really changed the code to that degree would it still be considered the same game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 26.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-poll4-premle-tow-cabling-an-at-at-with-hyper-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.