• Latest reply 6 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Plans after watching DF stream?”

• Star Wars is a dream theme and I was buying no matter what 17 votes
    20%
  • Eh, still need to wait and see for myself. Looks like some potential is there but verdict is still out 40 votes
    46%
  • Was not necessarily looking to buy but now on my watchlist 8 votes
    9%
  • Not for me, I'm cancelling my pre-order 14 votes
    16%
  • WOW! I mean, just WOW! Putting in a pre-order ASAP 8 votes
    9%

(87 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I was actually pretty impressed with the Star Wars Pro on the stream found here:

Game seemed VERY fast and it looked really fun with the PF multipliers, changing shot multipliers, and numerous modes. Light show and sounds looked fantastic.

I wasn't overall very impressed when SW was first revealed but after the stream I'm certainly looking to see more. My gut feeling is that a heavily modded Premium (Refinery edition maybe) might be the way to go on this title.

So, what's your thoughts after watching the stream?

Darin

#2 6 years ago

Put me down for, "Looking forward to playing it, not interested in buying one NIB"

#3 6 years ago

Pro for me. . Video helped tremendously.

#4 6 years ago

Still "meh" for me.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Pro for me. . Video helped tremendously.

Is this the first pro with color changing GI and inserts? That was a pro we just watched, most impressive! My concerns with the game were answered last night in a big way. I'll be getting one for sure, how and when are a different story; what version is the bigger question. I thought the main differences between versions was the hyperdrive loop, outlanes save gate, lighting and 6 ball mb. But the pro has the lighting and a 6 ball multiball as shown last night, so that only leaves 2 differences between the versions? Am I missing anything?

#6 6 years ago

Wasnt really interested...now I am excited to see the premium gameplay, I will buy one.

#7 6 years ago

It intrigues me. If it wasn't for the recent PF issues with GB and cabinet issues with AS I probably would buy one now to see if it meshes with me. I like that the rules take some of the concept from GOT as that ruleset keeps me hitting start as their are so many different ways to attack the game. With Star Wars it looks like it may have that same feel. I also like that it has some good flow but I'm still gun shy with Stern so I'm currently not looking to buy. Sad to say this as I've been a huge Stern supporter and the game looks fun.

#8 6 years ago

Dropped out of my LE before the stream, after the stream going to happily wait patiently now and see how the code and game as a whole turns out, can get a Premium anytime so going to just enjoy the ride

#9 6 years ago

Game looked pretty good on the stream but I am going to wait and see on the Premium and how the code shakes out in the coming months.

#10 6 years ago

Looks decent right now, and I'll have to play it myself before I get too worked up about it. Hopefully it's great and I can wait for a while to see premiums come up in the secondhand market. I'm not interested in buying one NIB.

#11 6 years ago

Im still in line for a Premium but the Premium / LE vid will determine if I'm all in or I wait a while. Looked far along code wise via previous efforts and Dwight's enthusiasm showed he's into his work, for sure. He made ST a much better game as well so can't wait!

#12 6 years ago

They have my attention but I still need to play the damn thing before I plop down any $$$ and put it into my lineup. Sounds like pros are heading out the door now so knock on wood it'll be at the local barcode soon enough.

#13 6 years ago

Looks fun, I was going to seek out a got pro, but think this will have a bit better art sounds and animations. Definately want to play it and see how well they code the game, good news is I bet they will be everywhere so a guy could find one to try.

#14 6 years ago

The clips on the screen and sound effects/music and overall presentation are very well done and sell the theme.

Code seems as deep as GOT/LOTR etc but without any proper toys/mechs, it just seemed like multiball after multiball. Like GOT, they're banking on theme and code to sell it, hoping we'll forgive how cheap the game is. Look at this game and then go look at nearly any pro Stern has done recently except GOT, this is as barebones as it gets. Some orbits, ramps and 5 drop targets. Sterns been using magnets too much the last few years, but this is the one game where Magnets would've suited the theme best and there aren't any.

Will keep an open mind for the premium and some hands-on time myself, but I don't think the NASCAR/BF ramp and the Death Star with a glowing egg in the center are going to change my mind much.

#15 6 years ago

I was looking to buy my first NIB with this SW as I'm a huge fan of SW and SF fan more globally. At first I've been disapointed by the artwork, and now by the animation. It looks so cheap! Seems like Stern still have to work a bit on pinball machine with LCD screen.
Well, I have time and like others I'll wait 2018 with late premium for my final decision.

#16 6 years ago

Option F, was in before and still in. If I don;t like it I can sell it to the option A crowd

#17 6 years ago

Still in on LE. Pro looks like a heck of a lot of fun though.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from SChlafi:

At first I've been disapointed by the artwork, and now by the animation.

Apparently from my understanding from folks who've talked to Steve, his big beef with Lucasarts was the art and too many hands in the jar. He apparently didn't have a lot of control over that aspect and wanted it drastically different. I think it looks good, but it probably was going to look even better at one point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-plans-after-deadflip-stream and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.