Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rob_G
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
IMG_0135 (resized).JPG
Quality Control.jpg
QC.jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I just received New stern premium Star Wars. First issue out the box, fork ramp won’t go down all the way, seems bent or mos aligned. Now the game froze while I had it turned on and now it won’t do anything except some lights on the board. First new Pinball, is this a lemon I should try and return?

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Bummer. I would email your distro asap.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

I just received New stern premium Star Wars. First issue out the box, fork ramp won’t go down all the way, seems bent or mos aligned. Now the game froze while I had it turned on and now it won’t do anything except some lights on the board. First new Pinball, is this a lemon I should try and return?

That's horrible. I can't see how this is happening they test games before they pack them. Email your distributor asap. I guess I'll stay away from Star Wars.

#4 3 years ago

Don't return it. You distributor/Stern will get you going.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

Dont return it but do contact both seller and stern quickly to get it resolved. My escape ball gate was not working on my le. I simply loosened the gate shaft and moved it by hand till it moved freely the tightened it up. Saying that to show some things are easy once you know what direction to go in. Also mine locked up on old code , new code no issues.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That's horrible. I can't see how this is happening they test games before they pack them. Email your distributor asap. I guess I'll stay away from Star Wars.

Or this is an isolated incident that Stern will quickly resolve.

#7 3 years ago

Definite buzz kill for sure....wow! Stern will get you taken care of though so no worries there.

#8 3 years ago

QC.jpg

Quality Control.jpg

#9 3 years ago

My guess is something happened in transport. Driving down the highway can certainly shake something lose.

When we sell games locally (especially to non-pinheads) we open the box, inspect, debug, dial in all the switches to make sure it plays perfectly. Our last Aerosmith worked for about 3 or 4 plays then Jack started acting up. Turns out the optics in the toy box were barely plugged in, and soon became unplugged.

A quick call to your reputable dealer you will get some help and the game will be working in no time. It happens, Pinball Machines break.

Greg

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

My guess is something happened in transport. Driving down the highway can certainly shake something lose.
When we sell games locally (especially to non-pinheads) we open the box, inspect, debug, dial in all the switches to make sure it plays perfectly. Our last Aerosmith worked for about 3 or 4 plays then Jack started acting up. Turns out the optics in the toy box were barely plugged in, and soon became unplugged.
A quick call to your reputable dealer you will get some help and the game will be working in no time. It happens, Pinball Machines break.
Greg

Thanks for all the replies. I have some older games but this is the first new out of the box I have bought. Theres no telling whats wrong. I will wait and hear from Stern. Just sucks when this is your first experience buying a new pin and it was delivered after the tech support is closed. Thanks for the responses.

#11 3 years ago

"...stay away from Star Wars"???

Good grief...overreact much??

These are complex electromechanical devices with hundreds of connections in the backbox and cabinet, shipped via truck and bounced around during shipping and delivery. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how many do unload and unpack without problems! Stuff happens, and this is in NO WAY indicative of a Star Wars pinball problem.....

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

These are complex electromechanical devices with hundreds of connections in the backbox and cabinet, shipped via truck and bounced around during shipping and delivery. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how many do unload and unpack without problems! Stuff happens, and this is in NO WAY indicative of a Star Wars pinball problem.....

Mine was perfect on delivery. I just didn't think appropriate to post anything positive and rub it in on the ops thread. I LOVE my Star Wars and we are getting quick and meaningful updates. Op if you were closer I would offer unlimited play on mine until your is fixed, but Texas is a big place. This will be solved this week by Distributor and Stern, move along, move along.

#13 3 years ago

My Star Wars was the first nib game I bought that needed zero adjustments. Stern will get you going, be patient.

#14 3 years ago

Good idea! Don't buy anything because something may go wrong with it. Now go put on your helmet and go play outside.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Thanks for all the replies. I have some older games but this is the first new out of the box I have bought. Theres no telling whats wrong. I will wait and hear from Stern. Just sucks when this is your first experience buying a new pin and it was delivered after the tech support is closed. Thanks for the responses.

Distributor first. Then stern. Best to call stern. Don't assume they are going to reply to an email.

#16 3 years ago

Check all connections. And reset them. Ive had pins from Stern where a connection was one pin off. It looked plugged in until we unplugged the connection and plugged it back in the correct way. Also try to update to the new code. Maybe reinstalling the code might help? Again check and double check all connections, pull pf up and get a flash light and check everything!

#17 3 years ago

Yes...definetely open the backbox, pull the glass and lift the playfield up..... check all connectors, especially the node boards.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

God put me here to over react, I am just following orders.

#19 3 years ago

Over reacting is why God put me here.

I’ve had minor issues with every NIB purchase. Stern or his distributor will have him playing in short order. Shipping can shake things up a bit.

No need to panic.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I’ve had minor issues with every NIB purchase. Stern or his distributor will have him playing in short order. Shipping can shake things up a bit.
No need to panic.

I tried reloading the code and now it’s frozen at 748/4xxx mb. Now I really don’t know what to do

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good idea! Don't buy anything because something may go wrong with it. Now go put on your helmet and go play outside.

Helmet is on. Going out if mom lets me.

IMG_0135 (resized).JPG

#22 3 years ago

Helmet is on. Going out if mom lets me.

Lol....hilarious!

#23 3 years ago

I think a bicycle helmet with one of those little side mirrors would be more appropriate!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My Star Wars was the first nib game I bought that needed zero adjustments. Stern will get you going, be patient.

Pretty muck every NIB I've bought required a bit of tweaking. Usually minor stuff. Switches, connections, lose stuff on the playfield. They all have something. It's no big deal. And I agree, for bigger stuff Stern will get you back on your feet.

#25 3 years ago

My first nib I started a game and hit the left flipper and nothing happened. Turns out someone forgot to put a nut on the plunger link.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

My first nib I started a game and hit the left flipper and nothing happened. Turns out someone forgot to put a nut on the plunger link.

What game was that?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

What game was that?

Met pro led

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

is this a lemon

download (resized).jpg

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

On the second game with my SWLE the nylon nut fell off the right flipper.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside