(Topic ID: 228234)

Star wars Pinball 2000 shall i take it??

By demetris74

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi guys

I found a good working Star wars P2k and i was about to take it for €1500 euros. But i was drawn back just after i read some nightmares of finding parts.
    This one is working but what ever happens that would be a flower pod in my living room.

I will take care the CPU fan and PSU crt repairs but more than that what can fail?

Shall i take it or not

thanks

#2 5 years ago

Not really any worse than other games. Some parts like the special reflective glass and Prism card can be more expensive and a little harder to find. In fact, I worry more about the glass than the PC. There are altenatives for the PC, like Pinbox. I've had more of a challenge finding certain plastics for my old games, and bought what might have been the last brand new cam on the planet for my Secret Service up post. If the price is right for its condition, I wouldn't let the parts issue sway my decision.

#3 5 years ago

Ohh dint know that is a special Glass, but makes sense for the reflection.

Thanks for the advice I will have to take the chance then, and not worry about it i guess

#4 5 years ago

No problem with Nucore or pinbox. But it seem to be kinda shitty game

#5 5 years ago

I bought one as my first pin. Definitely not the best pin, but fun especially for kids. Parts are a little harder to find

#6 5 years ago

it seems that all the action is to interact with the screen shooting things, i was to sell my white water for this. WW is so much fun i am guessing Star wars will not be the same. And wont worth the blink and technology for this trade.

#7 5 years ago

It's a shitty game that isn't worth the potential hassles. If you have a WWater don't see why you'd trade down.

#8 5 years ago

Made my final decision guy will let it pass, doesn't worth the stress just thinking about it braking down. Will keep my white water and continue to have fun

thank all yo

#9 5 years ago

I have had rfm for years now and its been good. Ep1? I had the kit for a week and it really is nothing special so I ended up selling the kit. There was alot of interest in the ep1 kit and it was very easy to sell in the end. Rfm is better game and it is a good system no matter how much it gets bashed on this forum. If you find a rfm kit it would be more enjoyable for you to have both. Kids love this machine.

1 month later
    #10 5 years ago

I have an Episode 1, which is really not that bad of a game. Got it with PC issues, random reboots, etc. Installed Pinbox, and it's been running close to a year with zero issues. Parts are always an issue, unless you have a relatively new pin, so I never let that sway me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pinball-2000-shall-i-take-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.