(Topic ID: 40033)

Star Wars pin speculation, what are the odds ???

By pinball_erie

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Jasontaps
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is there a Star Wars pin on the horizon ?”

• No doubt it will happen, biggest movie franchise of all times ! 24 votes
      44%
    • Probably, given Stern's relationship with Disney and SW popularity. 29 votes
      53%
    • Probably not, been done 4 times already. 2 votes
      4%
    • No way, won't happen ! 0 votes

(55 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

What are the odds this will happen ? Stern seems pretty cozy with Disney. Better start saving now, it's tough being a Star Wars nerd !!! It's pretty funny seeing peoples faces when they go into the "Star Wars" movie room in the basement. I had my high school hockey team I was coaching over and they were all stunned that a fiercely competitive hockey coach would be a SW nerd at heart.........they all skated suicides for mocking me :0

#2 11 years ago

High!

#3 11 years ago

Odds are pretty high. New SW movie in 2015, followed by 2 others in the trilogy, as well as studio confirmed one-off films of popular characters. Data East produced SW in the 90s, and there was Ep 1 alongside RFM.

The Magic Eight Ball says be patient, but it's probably coming.

EDIT
    I forgot Sega's SWT and that weird Empire Strikes Back game that exists only in the realm of legend and eBay.

#4 11 years ago

Especially with the Zen Pinball guys doing a bunch of virtual tables, I'd say the odds are pretty good...

Later,
    EV

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

they all skated suicides for mocking me :0

Now why you gotta coach the Mites like that? No 5 year old ever benefitted from neutral zone push ups!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Now why you gotta coach the Mites like that? No 5 year old ever benefitted from neutral zone push ups!

Funny you should say that, I now coach my son's team, which is a mite team !!!! My wife warned me to be nothing like I was with the high schoolers. When a 7 year old makes a mistake, I find it funny. When my high schoolers made a mistake, I felt like I was stroking out. GOOD TIMES !!

#7 11 years ago

I would be so into this. Hope they have at least some parts of the game from original movies, but if they don't, I will probably still get it!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_erie:

What are the odds this will happen ? Stern seems pretty cozy with Disney. Better start saving now, it's tough being a Star Wars nerd !!! It's pretty funny seeing peoples faces when they go into the "Star Wars" movie room in the basement. I had my high school hockey team I was coaching over and they were all stunned that a fiercely competitive hockey coach would be a SW nerd at heart.........they all skated suicides for mocking me :0

Another PA Star Wars nerd. Nice to meet you!

I'd say the probability is pretty high. Hopefully Steve and Lyman are still on the payroll and get the job if/when it happens.

#9 11 years ago

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!

#10 11 years ago

I really hope so, I just hope it is not stern who buys the rights. Hopefully JJP will take the opportunity to make a great pin with an awesome theme.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

Another PA Star Wars nerd. Nice to meet you!
    I'd say the probability is pretty high. Hopefully Steve and Lyman are still on the payroll and get the job if/when it happens.

I wouldn't mind Borg doing it. I have talked to him about my SWDE I have, still his favorite game he ever designed. That would be a neat "full circle" concept for him, super nice guy !!
    I managed to turn my 7 year old into a SW nerd as well. We went to Fla. last year and hit the Star Tours, I highly recommend it to all. He was like a crack head when we spilled out into the Star Wars only gift shop. My wife took a picture of him with that 50 yard stare thing going on, funny as hell.

Looks like Altoona is about the same distance to the Ohio show as Erie is, ever take that in?

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I really hope so, I just hope it is not stern who buys the rights. Hopefully JJP will take the opportunity to make a great pin with an awesome theme.

Only problem is that it would be 2 years late to my door

#13 11 years ago

Disney and Stern combination brough us one of the best pin ever : Tron. Now lets be honest and compare Tron to Star Wars. Impossible. Star wars is way to deep and been going for more than 30 years. A multi generation product. Would be an awesome combination and marketing move to sell pins and bring all these generations together to the silver ball world. And think about pros and LE versions. Die hard Star wars fans like me are crazy about limited collectible Star Wars stuff. Very excited since George finally passed the torch to more creative minds not tied into prequels and have at last the freedom to continue the story. Now just give it to Steve and Lyman for an awesome product, tons of code updates and you have my money.

3 years later
    #14 8 years ago

Ok, Ghostbusters has finally hit and it looks great.
    You knew this topic would come back at some point so lets let it rip.
    What are your thoughts.
    Will it come out this year?
    Will it be based on just The Force Awakens?
    Will there be a Jar Jar Binks topper available?

#15 8 years ago

My thought is that a Star Wars pin release coinciding with the movies would have as good a chance at success as any other theme we have seen recently, and could be one of the all-time greats if done exceptionally well. (I'm assuming Stern would be the one to build it, based upon history and licensing realities.)

I would not expect it this year My guess is that they will wait until they get their LCDs (and any other new goodies they might be working on) fully baked and might want to incorporate stuff from the upcoming films before releasing this title (doubt the market could absorb a game for each movie).

#16 8 years ago

I'd like to see Borg do it as well, seems only right. Borg is not the same designer like his Data East days and this is a good thing.

#17 8 years ago

I guess we're going to have to watch for the leaked photos like Ghostbusters was
    Having said that, Stern, please don't release it right after Ghostbusters. This is my first premium I have ever ordered and I need time to recoup.

#18 8 years ago

Really low.

However I'm hearing rumblings about an "Outland" pin!!!

#19 8 years ago

Funny, I heard Zarzod, not Outland.

#20 8 years ago

I was thinking about this earlier.
    Star Wars came out in 1977, so that makes next year 40th anniversary, so maybe next year?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pin-speculation-what-are-the-odds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.