Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clones.jpg
#2 8 years ago

Its for the DE and Sega versions currently...

#3 8 years ago

Stern is doing Star Wars, that seems pretty confirmed now, but that doesn't mean this is a clue, these displays are for any machine, like the Data East Star Wars or Sega Trilogy pins.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern is doing Star Wars, that seems pretty confirmed now, but that doesn't mean this is a clue, these displays are for any machine, like the Data East Star Wars or Sega Trilogy pins.

I'm on the side of seeing Star Wars later rather than sooner. IMO, I think we will see it after #9.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm on the side of seeing Star Wars later rather than sooner. IMO, I think we will see it after #9.

Nah, 2016. Stern isn't saying to themselves "we have this huge franchise, with a crazed collector userbase, that's massively hyped up, let's wait and see how this whole Star Wars fad plays out in a few years."

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, 2016. Stern isn't saying to themselves "we have this huge franchise, with a crazed collector userbase, that's massively hyped up, let's wait and see how this whole Star Wars fad plays out in a few years."

Absolutely, there will be a Star Wars pin way before #9

#7 8 years ago

What a great theme. Yoda would council patience until it's released.

#8 8 years ago

There could easily be multiple Star Wars related machines over the next years. There's more than just The Avengers in Sterns Marvel lineup with Iron Man and Spider Man (VE?) being huge favorites and X-Men also being Marvel albeit unrelated film wise.

With Disney steering the Star Wars franchise into a similar style of a shared universe , it would not shock me to see machines based on Rogue One, Han Solo, or the other "Star Wars Anthology" films down the road, in addition to 1-3 machines based on the core episodic releases of episodes VII, VIII, IX.
If Stern/pinball were struggling more, I would expect them to be more likely to wait and do the whole trilogy (ie - LoTR era) but they have more than enough momentum to handle a few Star Wars releases over the next ~5+ years at this point. Of course that can change over time, but I would be shocked to glimpse Sterns forecast and see only one lonely Star Wars machine over the next 5+ years. Heck, with most original actors back in the licensing fold right now, it's not even unrealistic to imagine a new/refreshed 'Original Trilogy' pin.

Short version: The franchise is too popular to not do multiple releases with the current level of pinball interest (imo).

#9 8 years ago

IMO, it's hard to imagine Stern breaking up the new trilogy. Lord of the Rings, Transformers, Spider-Man, and does Pirates of Caribbean fall into this category(?)

On the flip side: Iron Man, Batman, Austin Powers, Star Trek, Avengers were all done after 1 or 2 of the movies in the series.

Note: If Stern releases Star wars only based on part, all I care about is that the pin is great. We all deserve a great Star Wars machine.

#10 8 years ago

Yep, gotta believe sooner rather than later. Star Wars is gonna be hotter than hell for the next 5+ years. Plus, Ritchie is on deck and I would imagine that SW is his for the taking, if he wants it.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There could easily be multiple Star Wars related machines over the next years. There's more than just The Avengers in Sterns Marvel lineup with Iron Man and Spider Man (VE?) being huge favorites and X-Men also being Marvel albeit unrelated film wise.
With Disney steering the Star Wars franchise into a similar style of a shared universe , it would not shock me to see machines based on Rogue One, Han Solo, or the other "Star Wars Anthology" films down the road, in addition to 1-3 machines based on the core episodic releases of episodes VII, VIII, IX.
If Stern/pinball were struggling more, I would expect them to be more likely to wait and do the whole trilogy (ie - LoTR era) but they have more than enough momentum to handle a few Star Wars releases over the next ~5+ years at this point. Of course that can change over time, but I would be shocked to glimpse Sterns forecast and see only one lonely Star Wars machine over the next 5+ years. Heck, with most original actors back in the licensing fold right now, it's not even unrealistic to imagine a new/refreshed 'Original Trilogy' pin.
Short version: The franchise is too popular to not do multiple releases with the current level of pinball interest (imo).

I didn't know it was confirmed though.

What would be cool is if they made one cabinet for multiple Star Wars playfields with different rule sets.. Probably won't happen but I could see doing that with a single property like Star Wars.

#12 8 years ago

I'm praying Ritchie is doing Star Wars.

Just look at the LE models for AC/DC, Star Trek, and GOT…

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I didn't know it was confirmed though.

The Star Wars Universe, or Stern making Star Wars machines?

The Star Wars universe is 100% in motion as we speak. The new comics and books are already out, and Rogue One comes out next year detailing the theft of the Death Star plans pre-episode IV. The Han Solo movie is in the works.

As far as Stern and the licence, it's unofficial but based on my limited info that is the case.

My personal approach would be an Episode VII machine, and something like an overall trilogy machine at a minimum. Then 1-2 machines either based on side stories (how sweet would a Boba Fett machine be?) or the original trilogy (DE rerelease with new code and art? something original?)

#14 8 years ago

They can just make one now then release a remake down the road like Spider-Man.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What is this "#9" everyone keeps referring to?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Episode 9

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

1 - Phantom Menace
2 - Attack of the Clones
3 - Revenge of the Sith
4 - A New Hope
5 - The Empire Strikes Back
6 - Return of the Jedi
7 - The Force Awakens
8 - May 2017
9 - TBA

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Star Wars is broken up into three trilogies. The original films were technically films 4-6, the prequels were 1-3, and the new films will do 7-9.

#19 8 years ago

Oh, duh. I just didn't get that he was referring to the 9th movie. Thanks!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Star Wars is broken up into three trilogies. The original films were technically films 4-6, the prequels were 1-3, and the new films will do 7-9.

"Star Wars is broken up into two trilogies. The original films were technically films 4-6, and the new films will do 7-9"

Fixed it for you

#21 8 years ago

I hoped star wars... :applause:today from reliable source 1000% .... next pinball ... ghostbuster .... hopefully something good .... not like the last !!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yep, gotta believe sooner rather than later. Star Wars is gonna be hotter than hell for the next 5+ years. Plus, Ritchie is on deck and I would imagine that SW is his for the taking, if he wants it.

Personally I'd prefer Borg for Star Wars.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Ritchie is on deck and I would imagine that SW is his for the taking, if he wants it.

I may be in the minority here....but no thanks on Ritchie. Give SW to Borg & Lyman. They are the all-star combo of Stern these days.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Personally I'd prefer Borg for Star Wars.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I may be in the minority here....but no thanks on Ritchie. Give SW to Borg & Lyman. They are the all-star combo of Stern these days.

Honestly, I would be cool with that too.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

"Star Wars is broken up into two trilogies. The original films were technically films 4-6, and the new films will do 7-9"
Fixed it for you

??? Don't think there was anything to fix.

#27 8 years ago
#28 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

??? Don't think there was anything to fix.

Clones.jpgClones.jpg

#29 8 years ago

Ritchie on Star Wars, I'm guessing with Dwight Sullivan, and Borg and Lyman on Aerosmith. Wish we could switch those, Borg did the Data East Star Wars, but it was a last minute retheme. I'd love to see him get a chance to do Star Wars from scratch.

#30 8 years ago

Yeah I would much prefer Borg... I am kinda over Ritchie ATM.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Borg and Lyman on Aerosmith

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

What a waste.

Worst thing is they'll most likely make an awesome game and I'll end up with an Aerosmith themed game in my house.

#32 8 years ago

Aerosmith? gross

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Borg and Lyman on Aerosmith

#34 8 years ago

All just rumors, so you never know, but yeah, Aerosmith seems like a giant waste of that duo's talent and time.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All just rumors, so you never know, but yeah, Aerosmith seems like a giant waste of that duo's talent and time.

There's an understatement

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aerosmith seems like a giant waste of that duo's talent and time.

It would go great next to Kiss in somebody elses gameroom.

#37 8 years ago

Ghostbusters, Star Wars.......things are about to get expensive!

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm praying Ritchie is doing Star Wars.
Just look at the LE models for AC/DC, Star Trek, and GOT…

Give me Borg on this one!

1 week later
#39 8 years ago

Check this out broskies:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-achat-et-vente-divers/longueuil-rive-sud/pinball-star-wars/1126485293

Pretty damn cool custom machine! Looks like a wicked airbrush job...

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Give me Borg on this one!

Same here. I like Steve's designs but many of them are similar. John's layouts seem more unique and offer greater variety in terms of shots / toys.

#41 8 years ago

My vote would also be Borg and Lyman on Star Wars.

#42 8 years ago

whose hypothetically next in the rotation for a game? I think its gone Metallica - Borg, Star Trek -Ritchie, Mustang - Trudeau, Walking Dead - Borg, WWE - Trudeau, Kiss - Borg, GOT - Ritchie

Trudeau on Ghostbusters then Borg could be up if Star Wars is next, i dunno

#43 8 years ago

But Aerosmith could be after GB

#44 8 years ago

I see Borg doing Aerosmith and Ritchie doing Star Wars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pin-clue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.