DI-toy2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3777 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170717-081114 (resized).jpg
0-9xvLTTK5EFEBnGG5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-214452 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).JPG
IMG_3897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0422 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is ZERO comparison.

Sorry but there is definitely a comparison, I agree DI has more stuff on the PF and yeah build quality but SW is super fast with vastly superior sound/sfx too me anyway, and some of us prefer an open PF not too mention theme which is where the zero comparison should apply, don't get me wrong DI is a fine game, after playing quite a bit and seeing the final wizard mode in action which was impressive I'm still not buying it, SW has a lot more to offer me and many others, can't we just be happy to have both games, pinside is horseshit some times.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here is my 2 cents. If money is an issue, SW pro all day. No brainer. If money is not an issue, DI

Money isn't issue and I'm buying SW pro so please explain, what am I doing wrong?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Get a SW pro and a DI standard

I'll tell ya DI is just not my style like Tron and AC/DC so many pins, thats my problem I know but I will play DI when I see it, I think the code is great and I like the animations more and more, its the first JJP game I actually like and hopefully they release something in the future I can't get behind, BTTF or Bond or even another original with a better premise, like I said glad that both are out there.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What you're doing wrong is you're trying to argue a point people don't want to argue. Buy what you want. You spend a lot of time justifying why you want Star Wars more than Dialed In. I don't think anybody really cares what you buy, just buy it! Just remember that your choice is personal and it's not everybody's reality.

Luckily you don't do that right? thank god for ur unbiased and equally balanced arguments. I'm not trying to justify a god damn thing, yeah I'll buy what I want. Thanks

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, I don't justify my purchases to Pinside. I don't really care what the masses think of what I buy or sell. I don't feel the need for their approval on pinball purchases.

Wow, I stated my opinion in regards to what Whysnow stated, that's not justifying just responding, thats kinda what happens here not sure if you knew that or not, anyway don't care at all, good luck to you sir.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

hen you noticed i owned both WOZ and Hobbit before? DI just does NOTHING for me! Ive played it and felt good shot wise but thats it for me. Id rather own a SW pro then any JJP game they have made yet.

I don't think ur allowed to state that view, you could be accused of trying to justify ur purchase or that ur a JJP hater, be careful and remember the value is with DI, oh and build quality. just wait and see the responses I get for this comment, but I love it.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

ts all good. I buy what i like and if JJP comes out with a theme and coded game the way i prefer i definitely wouldnt hesitate to buy one

Me too.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The bigger concern to me is that DI is blowing SW up in the polls.

Why? the biggest concern u should have is being concerned at all with pinside polls which mean exactly shit, I know many pinsiders that don't post do not take part in polls and are buying SW, and DI or both.

#93 6 years ago

I haven't seen the original SW trilogy in a while but in all my memories of those films the hyper drive really isn't in any of them, would much rather have had the upgrade to the Pre/Le be a Jabba bash toy or Darth or better yet both, wheres the Emperor? still happy with the layout and looking forward to playing my Pro, which might be tomorow.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

??? Half the time spent on the Millennium Falcon is Han/Lando trying to get the hyperdrive working after it's either broken or been disabled.

Yeah I remember that but its not really what stuck with me from 3 of the biggest films from my childhood is all I'm saying, now the weird creature that ends up being "no cave" or the toothy sandy monster in Jedi, the garbage compactor scene and Luke losing his hand or the snow beast, Han being trapped in carbonite, Jabbas lair etc. they are imprinted on my brain. I'm not saying the hyper drive thing isn't going to be great I have no idea but the hyper drive isn't exactly warp speed. Oh no, I'm a geek.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

People care about theme and gameplay and less about who manufactures the game. The whole Stern vs JJP is so old now.

Thank you well said,
WOZ becomes Evil Dead (spinning house with no sign of a rainbow in sight)
The Hobbit becomes The Highlander
and DI just a cooler sci fi original theme and I would have or still would own at least 2 JJP pins while also taking a close look at #3. Ok I know theme isn't that important to everyone but its the most important thing for me, it won't save shitty gameplay but its definitely the first piece of the puzzle.

#180 6 years ago

I've been playing SW for 3 hours now and for me its way better than DI, I said for me, while DI taps into that old school Lawlor style feel which is good SW is sheer pinball bliss, If ur into speed and heavy adrenaline style action it makes DI seem boring, sorry thats my view.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Ok, i'm in a similar boat. I don't have the coin to buy dialed in. but i can get a pro of star wars, ghostbustets, Metallica or aerosmith. sort of torn here. i like them all. any advice?

SW

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Metallica is one of the best pins also consider Spiderman if you like Steve Ritchie flow.

I've owned both Met and SM and I like SW more

1 week later
#291 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

you can hit the end of the road with what the code has to offer

10 minutes?

3 weeks later
#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you are a pinball player, DI is for you.

I believe the opposite is true, if you are a player then its all SW, DI is a fine game just can't compare to the speed and shots and for me coding of SW, DI is fun yeah but SW is pure pinball bliss.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

DI offers an awesome, unique experience that feels like a full-featured 90's Bally/Williams.

It was special in the 90's I don't want that anymore, why do people want a game thats feels like a 90's DMD, we have those and this is part of the problem these days, I hate to say it but that whole B/W's JJP build quality toys crap is getting old, actually I love saying it, SW plays better, feels more modern to me anyway and the theme? come on glad to have both out there but SW is the better game.

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Good to have many choices but both don't seem to have as much buzz as a 22 year old remake and a to production home brew.

R u a cave man? I don't understand this sentence at all.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

A few more bug fixes then on to the next title. I dont see any signs of that changing with the amount of new games being released.

I'd be just fine with that, pin is amazing.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

No problem at all. I figured you would not want me to spend hours talking neg about SW right?

It would be funny actually to listen to you try and make SW look like a terrible pin, almost as funny as someone trying to make Dialed In seem like a good theme, build quality right?

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

better art. better theme.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

QED guy is great, kids love hitting him

and he looks like he enjoys hitting kids, gently.

DI-toy2 (resized).jpgDI-toy2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#383 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Pinball is weird. People would choose a vastly inferior game due to a disaster theme being such a hangup.

What makes it inferior? I've played both and SW is way more my style and I'm not talking theme either, they are very different and shouldn't be compared, whats next next IM or TZ? I'll take IM all day, but thats the type of pin I prefer, would u say IM is inferior to TZ or simply different? If you mention build quality I swear I'll open a vein.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Better than a not very fun game with good call outs, don't you think?

SW is damn fun. I don't know where you played the game but it must have been set up like shit, DI is ok and yeah its loaded with crap but a lot of it is just that crap, lame toys, shit music and call outs, then the theme of course, emoji's and selfies, come on. Its a good thing a lot of pinsiders really love DI and don't mind the theme and all that but SW kicks its ass in terms of gameplay.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Can you talk about the actual gameplay besides theme? Because you keep saying gameplay, but you never talk about gameplay.

Sure, I really like the shots, ramps are smooth and while the left ramp is an easy shot the right is actually a challenge to make and thus rewarding, I like the horseshoe shot very much, fast and implemented well into the game, spinner is in a good position and fun to hit, the two gates by the pops kinda keep you guessing as to whether or not the ball is flying right back or not and adds to the gameplay, tie fighter is ok but I really like the button mash that follows, when theres lots going on it adds a fun element to the action, scoop is what it is and I've gotten pretty good making that shot, enjoy the R2 animation for mystery, I like the fact the drops on the pro aren't just targets and also like the 3 bank under the LCD which increase shot mulitpliers, big time risk reward and certain modes use the mini LCD quite well, shot multiplier did nothing for me at first but now that I really understand it and know in what modes it can deliver big points its like a game with in the game, SFX, music, lighting and call outs are all great to me anyway, so far I'm really liking the LCD clips and they will only get better, Boba Fett mode is very cool, hopefully they add a Jabba and Darth mode in the same style, even more characters I wouldn't complain. Lots of multi's and shes fast, the LE options do nothing for me but to each his own. What else? Code, I really like it, I like the stacking and if you can get 2 multi's going then a Tie fighter multi, hyperspace its quite the thrill, DI delivers a different experience not bad but different.

Quoted from jar155:

Better than a not very fun game with good call outs, don't you think?

I won't say DI is not a very fun game because it is, but you stated SW is not a very fun game, why? I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

We all have different priorities and you've made it clear what yours are.

and? If someone asks me a question or I feel the need to respond then I will, r u the pinside police? and if so why aren't you after the anti SW repeat posts? Man 2 posts that aren't even really related, good work Columbo

1 month later
#481 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

DI is the smoothest silkiest pins ever released. Technically it's essentially unbeatable layout and feel. Unless you're a die hard sw guy, I can't see how anyone can recommend that game over DI.

Like this, I recommend SW over DI, DI is a great playing pin but the theme and gimmicks are terrible, SW is pure pinball bliss, fast with amazing A/V and good code.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's the modern collector. Theme over gameplay. Get used to it. There's no arguing against it.

Theme is part of the gameplay, it affects the kind of music that's played, the callouts, the connection one can feel with the game, who are you "Tommy"? because that's the only way ur comment makes any sense, would you buy a "Magic Mike" pin if the gameplay was great?

magic-mike (resized).jpgmagic-mike (resized).jpg

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not even close (SW is not even in the same league and is no question a flop considering the franchise it's leveraging). On top of that you have Hazoff defending SW so that pretty much ends the debate on it even having a case ; )

Thank you very much

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not even close (SW is not even in the same league and is no question a flop considering the franchise it's leveraging).

Oh so ur the new authority on whats a flop and when one game isn't even close to another, or is this like when you came into the Alien thread to announce how you were 1st in line and had spoken to the gods who reassured you first dibs, how that work out for ya?

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Does DI give that epic and exciting game play?

SW does it much better but they are very different games.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

To each their own, but in my opinion your way off...DI LE is probably 10X the machine my SW LE is....SW is fun, but its not in the same league as DI....I only bought the over priced machine because my kids wanted it....have u even played one? do you own any JJP machines or do you hide your collection, because you secretly work for Stern

No I hide it because if you can believe it some pinsiders took time to look into my collection and ratings in a feeble attempt to rebut my opinions, and that is lame on a level I'm not familiar with, no doubt DI is amazing, I can't connect with it because I'm a theme whore, I'll admit that, Superjackpot gave a well thought and respectful review with reasons why he prefers DI, I think thats great and agree with him on many points, but why did you have to say "10x the machine" its not, those are the comments that will set people off. I have played plenty of DI and WOZ, almost bought TH and am genuinely looking forward to owning a JJP machine, POTC and TStory aren't for me and if I had to take one now it would be DI by a wide margin, I still enjoy the style of Stern's gameplay the most, was never really a Plawlor fan and have always gravitated towards more of an open PF style game, AFM, IM, SW but I don't think DI is any better than SW its different but for me its not the second coming, I don't really like the look of POTC, not into the ramp style, not into mini PF's, GOT pro for me is better than MM, that's sounds ridiculous I know but its true. I'm just really sick and tired of the Stern bashing and the overly enthusiastic comparisons, but then again I don't care and I like to aggravate people so it all works out in the end. Oh Yeah

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've never understood why people hide their collection and machine ratings from others.

Hopefully you never do.

1 week later
#512 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsideuser:

The ball running times at the DI are much longer. No cheap drains like the SW.

That's not because of cheap drains it because DI is easy, SW is a great pin, if you need all that world under the glass horseshit then probably not for you, don't let the old timers and low skilled players turn you away from SW's just because its fast and challenging or isn't loaded with crap like TZ, I do enjoy playing DI but it still feels like it was made for children, the music and SFX the whole thing screams toddler time.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All depends on set up...just like any pin. My ball times on sw are similar to di . The new di code made things more difficult also out of the box.

Well I would say you have DI set up to play very fast and SW to play very slow, only way I could see that happening.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.sound, music, graphics, game play, quality, code, etc....its not even close

Yeah it is, SW has much better sound, music, comparing the the graphics and giving the upper hand to DI is a joke and code wise they are way too different in style, either you like DI or SW but for me one isn't better than the other. "build quality"

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not even close on the sound quality....I think most would agree.....I think u need to buy a JJP machine so you can actually do a real comparison....I have several Sterns, and JJP machines sitting right next to one another...its not even close

I'm sure the actual quality is better although I don't notice it very much from Stern to JJP, but I would rather listen to Sabbath through an old beat up mono hifi than Taylor Swift through a 2k super system, I've never upgraded the sound or added sub woofer's to my pins so I won't comment on audio quality, but I will on the sounds themselves and in that sense SW win, its not even close.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I guarantee you that you can't get to Armageddon. Dialed In is a MUCH harder pinball machine than Star Wars. Saying that DI is easy is laughable.
Just like the early Hobbit defenders (those who bought one or shared their positive opinions before even trying it), the early Star Wars defenders will drop off. Star Wars is not a good game, especially compared with other recent releases. It has some bonehead design decisions (that hyperloop and jump fork are pinball garbage), it has some baffling code decisions, and it apparently takes dozens of hours of tweaking before it's not annoying to play. I've yet to play a Star Wars that didn't have aggravating issues.
But Star Wars is definitely not hard. You'll see the end of that game 20 times before you see the end of Dialed In once.

Ur not fooling anyone, it appears that SW was a very important theme for u and they let u down, that makes it all but impossible it seems for you to get any enjoyment out of it at all, no matter on how well the code developes or gameplay thrills, I can't take anything you say regarding SW seriously, calling the hyperloop and fork jump garbage just proves it even further, I wish you could get over it becasue its a great pin, but I can't over the theme and kiddie feel of DI so I'm not one to talk I guess, I would use garbage as a term to describe Build it bob and whatever the woman is supposed to be in the back, not too mention the very shall I say happy style cell phone on the PF, all garbage, but if I was to put serious time on Dialed In they I would get to Armageddon pretty damn quick, you have no knowledge of my skills.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So...you're admitting that you've barely played it. This is why nobody takes you seriously around here. Maybe also that you typed that all as one single sentence. That's impressive for all the wrong reasons.
If all you care about is theme, then by all means, have at it. I actually like playing pinball. If you can't admit that the fork ramp is stupid, then I question your judgment, because it's objectively stupid to have something in a game that acts as a ball hangup several times a ball. It's objectively stupid to have something that's not very reliable introduced as the "premium" addition to a pinball machine.
Also, if you're going to talk about pinball machines, PLEASE talk about the actual playing of the pinball machines. You don't do that, and it's like trying to discuss sports with a cat. I guess there's no point.

Thanks for the grammar lesson, that's important on a pinball site, I have explained before why I like the gameplay of SW and many other games so that's just dumb, as for being taken seriously around here, the day I am is the day I leave the site, the last thing I would want to do is fit in, some people enjoy my posts I'm sure of it but don't care either way and no offense to pinsiders but this isn't where I gage my worth I know you were trying to come across like a big shot with a harem of pinside followers and that ur points ring true above all but you look foolish sir, DI is a fun but easy game for me anyway and all I would need is a few hours to crush that thing, oh yeah. Put that in ur pipe and suckle.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Still enjoy owning them both...fun to move from one back to the other with the diff'rent styles.

Law don't be coming into this thread and make sense, its just wrong, only critical judgment is welcome here, that's the whole point, damn you sir.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 21.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Union, KY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-or-dialed-in?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.