DI-toy2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3777 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170717-081114 (resized).jpg
0-9xvLTTK5EFEBnGG5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-214452 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).JPG
IMG_3897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0422 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 6 years ago

It amazes me so many people can predict the future prices of used pins that just came out.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

& would you rather see SW icons on the PF or Flo and Bob the builder?
Imagine SW as a theme for JJP on that same DI playfield...Id buy it.

Who cares its a super loaded fun original themed pinball and is a breath of fresh air from all the licenced stuff imo. Most who like b/w original themed pins will love di as its a modernized version of those(which many are top pins ).

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Its sad how stripped down Stern's LE's are now.....Not worth buying

But it has a numbered plate.....

#195 6 years ago

Again buy what you enjoy playing and don't worry about what other's think. If you want unique toys and layouts go with jjp and if you like a typical fan layout and speed go with any stern pin made in the last 6-7 years. No wrong awnser to this ......all pins are not for everyone.

1 month later
#354 6 years ago

No right or wrong awnser as both have good and bad things for many people. I think sw pro is great for 5400 and i will own one at some point bc its relativity cheap and offers almost identical gameplay to the much more expensive le/premium much like met(which i love) . I actually just watched all the sw films to see what the big deal was ...they were ok but not my thing so the theme does nothing for me. Which brings me to dialed in and y i appreciate it as a cool original theme with lots of neat modes and tons of awesome music, sounds and callouts. Dialed in is very fast, flowy , difficult with tons of randomness due to all the magnets and toys. Theme is fun and very well done with lots to discover . It wont be for everyone especially people who are huge on licenced themes bc its very different from that ..but man its a great playing pin with captivating light show and lots going on.

#361 6 years ago

Depends who u ask.... i dont care for sw theme that much and really love original themes over most licenced stuff. There is just something cool and refreshing about something new and off the wall..... much like some of the best pins of all time (many 90s b/w pins). Dialed in is done very well and it works great once you play it a good bit. So many neat things going on and to discover in the journey.

1 week later
#418 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The sound quality is noticeably worse in DI than the previous JJP games and especially the new SPIKE 2.1 games because of the way they have the speakers firing upwards to make room for putting the boards in the backbox. The sound is not crisp at all like it is on WOZ. I'm all for getting the electronics out of the lower cabinet, but they could have come up with a better way. This is yet another reason I prefer the Stern screen size and SPIKE in general.

Really i thought it was noticeably better and the best stock sound system ive heard to date?

2 weeks later
#440 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The problem is the value of having more to "experience." DI is packed full of little things but I don;t know how much they really add to the game. The points & goals are in the modes...everything outside of that and MB seems a little trivial to me...but I have not mastered all the subtleties of it yet.
Spider value & skill shot to hold it, Transit value, Hurry up modes, drone shots, Bob modes...any of it worth anything really?
hard to tell...maybe I just haven't found the correct way to roll them in to other things to get a payoff.

Yea im not real sure of all the rules eaither but i sure am having fun .... over 300 games allready .

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith does a great job with scoring logic and balance. I'm sure he will have it all worked out.

I think its ted on code? Maybe Keith is assisting?

1 month later
#487 6 years ago

Yea the theme is original and quirky but thats y the game is phenomenal ... it has great flow, lots of shots, lots toys , great code, tons magnets that do alot, one the best lightshows ever imo and the game just clicks on all levels once u understand what pat was going for.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Does DI give that epic and exciting game play? It looks fun, but the sounds and music don't seem to get very intense. Haven't played it, only watched a ton of video.

Its very fun and a great rush trying to beat the modes and hit sim shot. Also the mb is crazy with all the magnets. Then trying to advance to the 3 wizard/mini wizard modes is very challenging also. Game has it all imo and is only game i play now ...even with some great pins in my collection. Best lightshow and smoothest gameplay in my experience.

1 week later
#513 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's not because of cheap drains it because DI is easy, SW is a great pin, if you need all that world under the glass horseshit then probably not for you, don't let the old timers and low skilled players turn you away from SW's just because its fast and challenging or isn't loaded with crap like TZ, I do enjoy playing DI but it still feels like it was made for children, the music and SFX the whole thing screams toddler time.

All depends on set up...just like any pin. My ball times on sw are similar to di . The new di code made things more difficult also out of the box.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I would say you have DI set up to play very fast and SW to play very slow, only way I could see that happening.

Yep my di is brutal just like all my other b/w pins...that way they dont get boring as quickly in home use . My sm has the longest ball times and them met.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And yet, somehow, SW is still more addictive and fun to play. Go figure. (Although, I'll grant you that SW is missing a ringing cell phone, emojis, selfies, and Flo from the Progressive commercials.)

Op person owns both.... do u ? His opinion is his opinion and yours is yours. No right or wrong awnser..... just preference. Just like i prefer dile ... dont mean sw sucks tho. People take things way to serious anymore.... its pinball for goodness sake lol.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As a matter of fact I do own both....and I never stated that SW sucks....not sure where u got that?

Say whaa? Think u misread some thing's? I was on your side? Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 21.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
13,700 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-or-dialed-in?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.