DI-toy2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3777 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170717-081114 (resized).jpg
0-9xvLTTK5EFEBnGG5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170716-214452 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).JPG
IMG_3897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0422 (resized).PNG
There are 558 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

I expected more for this monster theme however, in the end I enjoyed playing SW Pro.

I'm surprised people keep expressing this sentiment.

I did not expect more from Stern's Star Wars precisely because it's such a monster theme. What has Stern done in the recent past to make people believe the opposite other than perhaps GB?

#402 6 years ago

CRAZY? HERES YOUR NEW PHONE! EMOJI TIME! NOW YOUR DIALED IN!

Come on Guys Dialed in is a fun game lots of tech packed into a great looking cabinet. But the call outs in this game? Let's not go there.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

CRAZY? HERES YOUR NEW PHONE! EMOJI TIME! NOW YOUR DIALED IN!
Come on Guys Dialed in is a fun game lots of tech packed into a great looking cabinet. But the call outs in this game? Let's not go there.

Better than a not very fun game with good call outs, don't you think?

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How are the Fake3PO call outs now that it's in a home environment?

Awful but I didn't turn the machine up much and was entertaining so it's going to get worse I'm sure I don;t remember a tion

Quoted from SilverballNut:

There are almost no callouts and the voice is done by the clone wars narrator and is not meant to sound like C3PO.

I don't know what the clone wars are and I don't care if this dude is C2po's dad; it sounds like shit.

#405 6 years ago

Hard to find a real piece of sh**t pinball machine if you are into pinball. Almost every game has a unique feature that a true pinball enthusiast can enjoy in some way shape or form. Perhaps not every game is a keeper but if you love pinball hard to say I wont even play a particular game. Dialed in is a good Game Star Wars is a good game I own both for a reason. Lots were not collection worthy in my opinion. Both of these are collection worthy again in my opinion. I can think of a lot worse games out there but if you were alone and drunk enough I bet you would play some of them too.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Hard to find a real piece of sh**t pinball machine if you are into pinball. Almost every game has a unique feature that a true pinball enthusiast can enjoy in some way shape or form.

Ah so you don't have access to any 90 Premier/Gottlieb machines eh?

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm surprised people keep expressing this sentiment.
I did not expect more from Stern's Star Wars precisely because it's such a monster theme. What has Stern done in the recent past to make people believe the opposite other than perhaps GB?

Maybe what I wanted to say was that I *hoped* for more, and not expected more... In all honesty I'd have to admit I really didn't expect a lot. I don't think their heart is in it. Business is business you might say. I mean why invest more time/money/soul into a new game than you have to if it's going to sell anyway?

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How are the Fake3PO call outs now that it's in a home environment?

I really don't know what you are talking about with this. There are almost no callouts and the voice is done by the clone wars narrator and is not meant to sound like C3PO. I'll have to pay more attention, but definitely nothing bugging me near as bad as the damn DI selfie/emoji crap.

Eskaybee regards anyone with a British accent as a "Fake C3PO." If you think he's harsh on SW, you should see his review of Dunkirk.

#409 6 years ago

I really don't know what you are talking about with this. There are almost no callouts and the voice is done by the clone wars narrator and is not meant to sound like C3PO. I'll have to pay more attention, but definitely nothing bugging me near as bad as the damn DI selfie/emoji crap.

Gotcha; ill stop calling him Fake3PO. But his jackpot call outs in SW really are ear wrenching arent they? Although, i must be on crack cause i was a harsh critic of Dialed In's call outs when i first saw videos, and then again after playing it a couple times. Then the game and theme integration clicked with me and i love the call outs now. What's wrong with me? mommy, am i normal? And maybe this is a question for Dialed In owners, but it feels like DI call outs get intensified as you progress and start blowing the game up; could be in my mind though.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Eskaybee regards anyone with a British accent as a "Fake C3PO." If you think he's harsh on SW, you should see his review of Dunkirk.

Gotta confess, i dont know what DunKirk is

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

SW is damn fun. I don't know where you played the game but it must have been set up like shit, DI is ok and yeah its loaded with crap but a lot of it is just that crap, lame toys, shit music and call outs, then the theme of course, emoji's and selfies, come on. Its a good thing a lot of pinsiders really love DI and don't mind the theme and all that but SW kicks its ass in terms of gameplay.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's okay. The people in Dunkirk don't know where Hesperia is, either.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's the one where an army of Fake C3POs are fighting Nazis at the beach.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

SW is damn fun. I don't know where you played the game but it must have been set up like shit, DI is ok and yeah its loaded with crap but a lot of it is just that crap, lame toys, shit music and call outs, then the theme of course, emoji's and selfies, come on. Its a good thing a lot of pinsiders really love DI and don't mind the theme and all that but SW kicks its ass in terms of gameplay.

Can you talk about the actual gameplay besides theme? Because you keep saying gameplay, but you never talk about gameplay.

Also, the music on Dialed In is fantastic. The call outs are weak for the most part, but the music and sound effects are quite good. Probably the best since Ghostbusters. And a lot of the call outs on Dialed In are actually pretty funny, especially from the male news anchor.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok I know theme isn't that important to everyone but its the most important thing for me, it won't save shitty gameplay but its definitely the first piece of the puzzle.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I like DI plays great but the theme kills it for me. SW looks great.

We all have different priorities and you've made it clear what yours are.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

lso, the music on Dialed In is fantastic. The call outs are weak for the most part, but the music and sound effects are quite good.

The sound quality is noticeably worse in DI than the previous JJP games and especially the new SPIKE 2.1 games because of the way they have the speakers firing upwards to make room for putting the boards in the backbox. The sound is not crisp at all like it is on WOZ. I'm all for getting the electronics out of the lower cabinet, but they could have come up with a better way. This is yet another reason I prefer the Stern screen size and SPIKE in general.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Can you talk about the actual gameplay besides theme? Because you keep saying gameplay, but you never talk about gameplay.

Sure, I really like the shots, ramps are smooth and while the left ramp is an easy shot the right is actually a challenge to make and thus rewarding, I like the horseshoe shot very much, fast and implemented well into the game, spinner is in a good position and fun to hit, the two gates by the pops kinda keep you guessing as to whether or not the ball is flying right back or not and adds to the gameplay, tie fighter is ok but I really like the button mash that follows, when theres lots going on it adds a fun element to the action, scoop is what it is and I've gotten pretty good making that shot, enjoy the R2 animation for mystery, I like the fact the drops on the pro aren't just targets and also like the 3 bank under the LCD which increase shot mulitpliers, big time risk reward and certain modes use the mini LCD quite well, shot multiplier did nothing for me at first but now that I really understand it and know in what modes it can deliver big points its like a game with in the game, SFX, music, lighting and call outs are all great to me anyway, so far I'm really liking the LCD clips and they will only get better, Boba Fett mode is very cool, hopefully they add a Jabba and Darth mode in the same style, even more characters I wouldn't complain. Lots of multi's and shes fast, the LE options do nothing for me but to each his own. What else? Code, I really like it, I like the stacking and if you can get 2 multi's going then a Tie fighter multi, hyperspace its quite the thrill, DI delivers a different experience not bad but different.

Quoted from jar155:

I won't say DI is not a very fun game because it is, but you stated SW is not a very fun game, why? I'm not trying to be a dick, just curious.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

We all have different priorities and you've made it clear what yours are.

and? If someone asks me a question or I feel the need to respond then I will, r u the pinside police? and if so why aren't you after the anti SW repeat posts? Man 2 posts that aren't even really related, good work Columbo

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The sound quality is noticeably worse in DI than the previous JJP games and especially the new SPIKE 2.1 games because of the way they have the speakers firing upwards to make room for putting the boards in the backbox. The sound is not crisp at all like it is on WOZ. I'm all for getting the electronics out of the lower cabinet, but they could have come up with a better way. This is yet another reason I prefer the Stern screen size and SPIKE in general.

Really i thought it was noticeably better and the best stock sound system ive heard to date?

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really i thought it was noticeably better and the best stock sound system ive heard to date?

He prefers SPIKE in general. That's crazy talk. Nobody with any level of objectivity would.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gotcha; ill stop calling him Fake3PO. But his jackpot call outs in SW really are ear wrenching arent they? Although, i must be on crack cause i was a harsh critic of Dialed In's call outs when i first saw videos, and then again after playing it a couple times. Then the game and theme integration clicked with me and i love the call outs now. What's wrong with me? mommy, am i normal? And maybe this is a question for Dialed In owners, but it feels like DI call outs get intensified as you progress and start blowing the game up; could be in my mind though.

I thought the callouts were supposed to be Admiral Ackbar.

#421 6 years ago

I thought it was the announcer from Clone Wars cartoon.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I thought it was the announcer from Clone Wars cartoon.

Whatever that is

#423 6 years ago

There are custom callouts from all three. Main ones are from the Clone Wars character. There are also some a C3PO and Admiral Ackbar sound alikes. They all all fine IMO. Most of the voices in the game are right from the movies. You feel like you are in the universe for sure when playing.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

He prefers SPIKE in general. That's crazy talk. Nobody with any level of objectivity would.

The speakers fire upward inside the head and there is an opening in the front for the sound to come out. Not like it's a Bose sound tube either. Sorry, I noticed the muddy sound while playing the game and compared to the AS nearby DI sounded not nearly as good. Closer examination found this new head design where the speakers don't point outward. It also does not sound as good as the WOZ that I am sitting 20 feet from as I type this. Shrug.

I am an electronics engineer so I am entitled to my opinion on the guts of the machines even though it makes no difference on game play. I prefer a dedicated system to a PC any day. Baby steps. JJP will get there some day. At least they got the PC out of the cabinet.

#425 6 years ago

Star Wars Limited Edition . Based on theme alone. WOZEC over Dialed In .

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

...Based on theme alone...

Love Rob Knapp but hate reading this

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am an electronics engineer so I am entitled to my opinion on the guts of the machines even though it makes no difference on game play. I prefer a dedicated system to a PC any day.

Ok, but as an owner of a pinball machine collection, I prefer anything over the problematic and half-baked SPIKE system. It's still not finished and they're several games in.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

prefer anything over the problematic and half-baked SPIKE system. It's still not finished and they're several games in.

Just curious, what's wrong with the spike system? How is it half baked?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Ok, but as an owner of a pinball machine collection, I prefer anything over the problematic and half-baked SPIKE system. It's still not finished and they're several games in.

WOZ has been the least reliable game I've ever had... The problems with SPIKE are way overblown fake news.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The problems with SPIKE are way overblown fake news.

Ok, sure. That's embarrassing that you would even say that.

Pinside has devolved into a place to push fanboy agenda rather than to be a site to discuss pinball honestly. This kind of garbage is ridiculous.

It's one thing to have an opinion on an a game. It's another entirely to just blatantly mislead others and lie to suit your fanboy biases.

I'm going to go enjoy the weekend. Have fun spinning crap, everybody.

#432 6 years ago

Played SW pro and DILE for first time last night. SW just didn't do it for me. Games were super short. Gameplay was fast and drains were even faster. Granted I did not know rules but there just seemed to be a mess of info and lit inserts. Really hard to get a feel for how to play. I also felt like shots were not interesting. Only played a few games and no interest in playing more.

On the other hand, DILE was a blast to play and amazing to look at. Great fun making the smooth shots and felt engaged the whole time I was playing. Callouts and inserts gave me a pretty good idea what to shoot for. Love the light show, sounds, all the magnets, toys, and feel of game. Some of it is a bit goofy but I like that. Pinball should not be too serious in my book. Out of all the new pins and great older titles available, this is what I wanted to play the most. Wish the price was a little lower.

Also played AS prem, AFMr, and BM66 for first time. AS prem was terrible. Instant drains on first 3 plunges without ball hitting flippers. Trunk thing was not working well, ball flying everywhere, upper playfield a dud, and nothing shot well. Not a fan of band but thought it would be more fun to play. AFMr was beautiful but what a drain monster. Right flipper was weak and sticky. I wanted one but not sure now. BM66 was a surprise. Played a little clunky but thought it was fun and shots felt good. Still don't see how Stern justifies the price on that one. DI still the most fun out of all.

#433 6 years ago

Not saying there aren't problems. Just overblown.

#434 6 years ago

I had the chance to play swle and DILE yesterday at Bloomies here in NY for a few hours for free. I'm in the market for a single machine, so this topic is of interest to me.

This was the first swle I have played, but did play the pro once before.

I must say the more I played it the more I liked it. At first I was not impressed with the game play (second time on this machine), but as I got in deeper, and made better shots, it's design revealed itself. Of course the theme and video/sound is great.... This is star war after all - and it reminds me of a fun star wars spoof film I made for a client where I shot their executives on green screen and composited them into the film seamlessly and shot new scenes as well. I can post a link if anyone is interested in seeing amateurs take on the iconic roles.

In contrast to SW, playing Dialed in feels like a luxury European car. I can't explain exactly. Perhaps it's the Guage of the metal, but the sound and feel of the mechanics as the ball moves just reminds me of the experience I recently had when visiting my mom and driving her mercury marquis for several weeks, then returning home and getting back in my 911. The weight, precision, solidity all stood out in stark contrast after having not driving it for 3 weeks.

They are both great games that could make anyone happy for years, but in playing DI, one can just sense the 3 years Pat Lawlor had to design this pin. It's precise and buttery smooth at the same time. The more I play the theme I like it as well. I was planning on waiting till jj#4 gets released to see if I want that as my only pin, but no matter how good it is, I think the time and effort that went in to DI's design will prevail. Needless to say I'm really thinking of ordering one soon.

But I can now really see why people have multiple pins. As we crave novelty, I think it's the switching back and forth between great games and experiences that make us appreciate each more.

Perhaps this doesn't bode well for the concept of monogamy.....

#435 6 years ago

Hello everyone.. I'm writing you from my honeymoon. I must tell you it is the longest honeymoon I've been on so far. Me and my Star Wars LE are having a great time. I will let you know when we get back.

Take Care!

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not saying there aren't problems. Just overblown.

Of course they are overblown by a vocal few.

I love my 3 Stern spike games. Sound is Awesome! LCD placement and crispness is great

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Hello everyone.. I'm writing you from my honeymoon. I must tell you it is the longest honeymoon I've been on so far. Me and my Star Wars LE are having a great time. I will let you know when we get back.
Take Care!

Sounds like my honeymoon. I had to play with my own balls, too.

2 weeks later
#438 6 years ago

I received my DICE today.

As I suspected, If you couldn't live without another Star Wars pinball in your life, go for SW.
If you're looking for an actual pinball experience, Dialed In has 8x the amount of actual stuff going on.

If I had to choose one over the other, Dialed in has way more for your buck.
So smooth, so much depth, so much to experience, relatively bug-free out of the box.

Jersy Jack for the Win...

Quoted from _xizor:

Got my SWLE, I'm awaiting DICE, played DI standard, my vote is now for Dialed In if I had to choose.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

If you're looking for an actual pinball experience, Dialed In has 8x the amount of actual stuff going on.
If I had to choose one over the other, Dialed in has way more for your buck.
So smooth, so much depth, so much to experience, relatively bug-free out of the box.

The problem is the value of having more to "experience." DI is packed full of little things but I don;t know how much they really add to the game. The points & goals are in the modes...everything outside of that and MB seems a little trivial to me...but I have not mastered all the subtleties of it yet.
Spider value & skill shot to hold it, Transit value, Hurry up modes, drone shots, Bob modes...any of it worth anything really?
hard to tell...maybe I just haven't found the correct way to roll them in to other things to get a payoff.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The problem is the value of having more to "experience." DI is packed full of little things but I don;t know how much they really add to the game. The points & goals are in the modes...everything outside of that and MB seems a little trivial to me...but I have not mastered all the subtleties of it yet.
Spider value & skill shot to hold it, Transit value, Hurry up modes, drone shots, Bob modes...any of it worth anything really?
hard to tell...maybe I just haven't found the correct way to roll them in to other things to get a payoff.

Yea im not real sure of all the rules eaither but i sure am having fun .... over 300 games allready .

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Keith does a great job with scoring logic and balance. I'm sure he will have it all worked out.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Keith does a great job with scoring logic and balance. I'm sure he will have it all worked out.

I think its ted on code? Maybe Keith is assisting?

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh he's going to be working on it?

EDIT; posting as you did

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think its ted on code? Maybe Keith is assisting?

Ah, I did not know that.

#445 6 years ago

Ted Estes is the lead programmer, but Keith does help. I don't know to what degree, but he is on the team.

#446 6 years ago

perhaps this is why I’m less about SW right now. It feels like there is a lot to work out yet.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Star Wars Limited Edition . Based on theme alone. WOZEC over Dialed In .

I have all three....DI LE by far, WOZ RR, and Hobbit are a tie for 2nd, SW LE a very distant 4th on game play (although I like the theme)...WOZ theme is a little painful, but the game is fun in doses.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have all three....DI LE by far, WOZ RR, and Hobbit are a tie for 2nd, SW LE a very distant 4th on game play (although I like the theme)...WOZ theme is a little painful, but the game is fun in doses.

Its a free thinking world and every one has an opinion . Glad you have all four . Peace

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Its a free thinking world and every one has an opinion . Glad you have all four . Peace

All good...peace

#450 6 years ago

I don't like the theme enough to buy DI but would have it over SW for sure.

SW just lacks cohesion and button bashing tie fighters gets old so quick.

SWLE is not as fully featured as LOTR or TSPP pro.

Stern have nailed it with the screen but the value isn't there anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 558 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-or-dialed-in/page/9?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.