Megan (resized).png
article-2257238-16C0F099000005DC-713_634x585 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1169 (resized).PNG
IMG_0930 (resized).png
IMG_0890 (resized).JPG
Obi-Wan-Kenobi_6d775533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9003 (resized).JPG
170503152251-02-darth-vader-name-memphis-hospital-worker-trnd-exlarge-169 (resized).jpg
troll (resized).png
IMG_5672 (resized).JPG
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Im on the marked for a nib pinball.
This talk about star wars beeing revield on the 4th, is that only pinside rumors or is it confirmed?

As of now, im thinking about ordering a ST premium or a GB premium.

#2 6 years ago

Rumor as nothing is official till Stern does the reveal. People just want Stern to reveal on the 4th since it is Star Wars day. Which if they are ready would really set off the reveal amongst Star Wars fans. May the 4th be with you!

#3 6 years ago

IS the theme star wars and from SR? Or only rumors on that also?

#4 6 years ago

I hope not. My birthday is on May 4th and I get wished "May the 4th be with you" more than "Happy Birthday" every year by anybody who finds out. LOL

#6 6 years ago

If there is a 2 week delay between tease and reveal pinside is going to go mental.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

If there is a 2 week delay between tease and reveal pinside is going to go mental.

Just the newer section, which is usually feeling pretty mental about some game and then its problems anyways

#8 6 years ago

I really would love to know how much an LE is going to cost me, because I'm holding out on other games. Hopefully we don't get SuperLE'd

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I really would love to know how much an LE is going to cost me, because I'm holding out on other games. Hopefully we don't get SuperLE'd

If there is no super LE, surely there will be multiple LEs.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I hope not. My birthday is on May 4th and I get wished "May the 4th be with you" more than "Happy Birthday" every year by anybody who finds out. LOL

That sucks. My dad's birthday was April 1st.

#11 6 years ago

Every stern seems to be epic at announcement time.

Too bad it won't be based on the "original" films...I can't get in to the new Disney releases as much.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That sucks. My dad's birthday was April 1st.

You're fooling, right?

Quoted from Otaku:

May the 4th be with you!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Every stern seems to be epic at announcement time.
Too bad it won't be based on the "original" films...I can't get in to the new Disney releases as much.

It is based off the original trilogy.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

If there is no super LE, surely there will be multiple LEs.

I'm hoping there is a dark side LE, and a light side LE.. and I'm hoping I can get a dark side one..

#15 6 years ago

I'll be on the road to Allentown May 4th so I won't be able to look here for updates

#16 6 years ago

I'm hoping there is a dark side LE, and a light side LE.. and I'm hoping I can get a dark side one..

Yes to dark and light.

Do you have a distributor you deal with it? You should call them now and get on the list.

#17 6 years ago

Down for this title with my distributor SLE bring it on !!!!!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Down for this title with my distributor SLE bring it on !!!!!

So there will be an SLE?!

#19 6 years ago

My vote for ST or GB premium HUO that you can inspect. Let the kinks and code get worked out with SW.

Quoted from DEN:

Im on the marked for a nib pinball.
This talk about star wars beeing revield on the 4th, is that only pinside rumors or is it confirmed?
As of now, im thinking about ordering a ST premium or a GB premium.

#20 6 years ago

Sorry, I'll be ignoring this "holiday," as I'm all partied out from Alien Day.

#21 6 years ago

You forgot code to be finished October 2019......

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

GOT Code was "completed" pretty quick

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Im not so sure these kind of comments are valid anymore. Sterns resources have exploded in the past couple years. Yes, BM66 was rushed out the door and that was said so right up front by Gomez so it was really no surprise. So BM66 is the exception. But look at AS, exceptional release in every aspect.

Last time Steve Ritchie & Dwight Sullivan did a game together was GOT and they absolutely nailed it. The flow, speed, rules, and scoring are unprecedented - there aren't many pins out there that hit on so many levels of scoring dynamics and strategy elements. And it was all together, for the most part, from release.

Prior to that; Dwight stepped into the trenches of ST and revitalized Steve & Lonnies vision bringing it to where it is today; a huge success.

So It seems Steve & Dwight mesh together well. Here's my prediction for SW: Sterns already on their back with this title, it has so much hype because it's Star Wars that theyre almost setup for failure for that aspect alone. But the reality will be, the game will kick ass from top to bottom, side to side in every way shape and form and once over-hypers and haters get over themselves on their personal nitpick issues, the game will break through and shine to those who really know and enjoy pinball. My biggest concern isn't layout, flow, speed, code, rules, or art...it's the LCD integration. Aerosmith LCD nailed it out of the park, while BM66 fell on its face (IMO). So it'll be curious to see how the LCD plays out in SW.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My biggest concern isn't layout, flow, speed, code, rules, or art...it's the LCD integration.

Aerosmith LCD nailed it out of the park, ...

For sure #1 issue agreed

Well that agreenace didn't last long

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure #1 issue agreed
Well that agreenace didn't last long

LOL! You don't like AS animations? I dont see how it could have been done any better? Clips from their music videos? ...yea, that would have fallen harder on its ass than BM66

#26 6 years ago

So still no clues at all? Only people guessing. Nice!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL! You don't like AS animations? I dont see how it could have been done any better? Clips from their music videos? ...yea, that would have fallen harder on its ass than BM66

Haha...now don't go thinking "at least they aren't clips of these old bastards" equals "Animations are awesome!"
I think some of them are funny and fit the theme...dude looks like a lady and shit like that; it got a chuckle or 2. Over all I think it's a decent job (haven't paid attention to BM66), but it's kind of boring and the band part is pretty lame...and that's what's shown the most. And as I've said before the whole "toys in the attic" thing is a little on the nose.
I didn't hate it by any means...but it didn't interest me that much either.

But overall the LCD integration has always been the part that worried me most aboot moving to LCDs....i mean you can really screw up a game bad if it gets out of hand.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes to dark and light.
Do you have a distributor you deal with it? You should call them now and get on the list.

I called/e-mailed on April 3rd, and at the time they said that they already had 40 people on their list. I can't imagine what it is now. I just e-mailed again to specify "dark" if it's a thing.

#29 6 years ago

May the 4th is a big holiday for SW geeks, but it almost seems too geeky for Stern to even know about it.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Aerosmith LCD nailed it out of the park, while BM66 fell on its face (IMO).

Say what you will about B66 in general, but even at this early stage in the code B66's LCD integration absolutely kills AS (IMO).

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Say what you will about B66 in general, but even at this early stage in the code B66's LCD integration absolutely kills AS (IMO).

To each his own, but I gotta disagree with you there buddy. Batman 66 is the same 4 second clips over and over and over again.

Aerosmith has a much better flow, animations, and variety to the display. But whatevs that's like, your opinion man!

#32 6 years ago

To each his own, but I gotta disagree with you there buddy. Batman 66 is the same 4 second clips over and over and over again.
Aerosmith has a much better flow, animations, and variety to the display. But whatevs that's like, your opinion man!

Wow. We must be playing a different game.

Anyway, Lets hope Stern pull out all stops on Star Wars. The theme is made for killer LCD integration.

#33 6 years ago

I think the LCD fits Batman perfectly. The art on the machine is lifelike.

The LCD for Aerosmith fits perfectly, because of the style of art on the machine.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My biggest concern isn't layout, flow, speed, code, rules, or art...it's the LCD integration. Aerosmith LCD nailed it out of the park, while BM66 fell on its face (IMO). So it'll be curious to see how the LCD plays out in SW.

I think BM66 LCD nailed it as well with much much more to come.

AS LCD is a grand slam.

The LCD on Star Wars will be the least of my worries, i think they will crush it AND absolutely anything is better than a DMD.

Hopefully Ritchie layout brings something new and unique, sounds like it does. Dwight will be excellent as usual.

Biggest letdown? The ARTWORK by far with a lack of being able to get creative and the fact that GB, AS and BM66 are absolutely gorgeous, especially GB and AS, two of the best ever imo.

#35 6 years ago

Tomorrow boys and girls.
Lets see if it was Alot of bullshit/wast of time talk on pinside OR we see the new star wars super limited lcd special 22000usd model.
Tik-tak-tik-takkkkk!!!!

#36 6 years ago

My guess, tomorrow....................crickets.

#37 6 years ago

Batman was released 4-6 months early and still in beta code it was released on alpha.

Aerosmith had an extra 4-6 months development time anything less than having the LCD and code complete would puzzling! So I would expect AS to be more cohesive at this point.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Batman was released 4-6 months early and still in beta code it was released on alpha.
Aerosmith had an extra 4-6 months development time anything less than having the LCD and code complete would puzzling! So I would expect AS to be more cohesive at this point.

Good points, time will tell I suppose.

#39 6 years ago

I think tomorrow (5/4), we are just seeing a teaser video like what happened with GOT to announce that a SW pin is coming. Then the full reveal (pictures and models) a couple weeks later.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

we see the new star wars super limited lcd special 22000usd model.

SLE is 14k. That way people can say "Stern lowered prices".

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

SLE is 14k. That way people can say "Stern lowered prices".

Hah seriously the sad thing is, this is extremely plausible.

#42 6 years ago

I predict nothing tomorrow.

#43 6 years ago

500 LE Dark Sight theme, 500 LE Light Side theme, Premium and Pro general Sw theme.

#44 6 years ago

ugh, proved my point. Move along.

#45 6 years ago

I would love to see a combo Dark side vs. Light side like the Transformers combo LE. Best of both worlds.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

500 LE Dark Sight theme, 500 LE Light Side theme, Premium and Pro general Sw theme.

Source?

#47 6 years ago

Wouldn't Star Wars have a 'Dark Side' and a "Force" Edition or 'Alliance' and 'Empire" LE's or something like that?

I don't really think of the "Dark" vs. "Light" with this franchise.

#48 6 years ago

Not sure if this has been discussed, but while we might get a teaser before too long, I suspect any release would probably coincide with the annual SW merch in September.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but while we might get a teaser before too long, I suspect any release would probably coincide with the annual SW merch in September.

Inclined to agree. Disney will allow ZERO details about the forthcoming movie to be revealed before they want them to be - this includes anything you might see in pinball art.

Notice how there's almost zero t-1000 on the T2 game? That's why.

#50 6 years ago

Who said that Sterns Star Wars pin will be based on the new movie?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-on-the-4th?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.