Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MPW-77861 (resized).jpg
IMG_7840 (resized).JPG
cfcac9ce716fd5eda0c6d4c23d406567 (resized).jpg
2017-05-05 22_20_19-sternpinball.com star wars - Google-Suche (resized).jpg
IMG_5675 (resized).JPG
Megan (resized).png
article-2257238-16C0F099000005DC-713_634x585 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1169 (resized).PNG
IMG_0930 (resized).png
IMG_0890 (resized).JPG
Obi-Wan-Kenobi_6d775533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9003 (resized).JPG
170503152251-02-darth-vader-name-memphis-hospital-worker-trnd-exlarge-169 (resized).jpg
troll (resized).png
IMG_5672 (resized).JPG

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

I'm as excited about a new Star Wars pin (Ritchie design) as the rest of you. But on a side note, and something more tangible, anyone have good info about when AFMr might be shipping? Or if the LE's will ship first?
May the 5th, and every other day in May, be with you al!!

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Today is Revenge of the Fifth day.

pasted_image (resized).png

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

I'm as excited about a new Star Wars pin (Ritchie design) as the rest of you. But on a side note, and something more tangible, anyone have good info about when AFMr might be shipping? Or if the LE's will ship first?

Could try asking in the AFMr thread if anyone knows anything it will be a regular in that thread.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Probably, as long as they get out ahead of Dialed In. As that game keeps making the rounds, it's swaying more people to order. Star Wars is a monster license, but it doesn't have a good pinball past.
I think the game will be great. They delay probably won't hurt anything. They just don't want to cut the legs off of Aerosmith quite yet.

What kinda pinball past does Dialed In have???

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

A guy at my work spent $7500 and a year and a half putting together an R2D2 that makes noise, has lights, moves as he did in the movie. He's also have other mods lined up for it in the future. So for the true Star Wars nerd I'd say a $6k pin isn't out of the question.

Megan Fox has one of those things too.

article-2257238-16C0F099000005DC-713_634x585 (resized).jpg

Megan (resized).png

#206 1 year ago

I have owned data east star wars since 2001. Its a good looking machine, but its very boring to play. I think Jar155 means that all the past star wars games are not that great. A point that is sad but true. Compare all the star wars pins to star treks. Even the data east 25th Star Trek is more fun then the other star wars tables. Next Gen great, Stern Star Trek also great. I hope Ritchie can do to the license what its been missing. A Star Wars machine that is fun to play.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Today is Revenge of the Fifth day.

More "accurate" pic...
IMG_5675 (resized).JPG

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

I have owned data east star wars since 2001. Its a good looking machine, but its very boring to play.

Did you update it with the new fan software? Supposed to significantly improve the game.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you update it with the new fan software? Supposed to significantly improve the game.

pinballcode.com

#210 1 year ago

Well, seems that they messed up the index of their hompage...

2017-05-05 22_20_19-sternpinball.com star wars - Google-Suche (resized).jpg

#211 1 year ago

Nice find! I just googled it and saw the same thing.

#212 1 year ago

Did the link work? Doesn't anymore

Edit: nvm it's working again and to ASLE as url says. Wonder if it was ever linked to SW? That would be a wild leak

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

What kinda pinball past does Dialed In have???

None, but that's better than 3 strikes against it...

I think Star Wars will be great, but it won't automatically sell well based on the fact that it's Star Wars. It will have to be good. Thankfully Steve Ritchie rarely misses, so we can expect good things.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Well, seems that they messed up the index of their hompage...

It was there, I saw it. Then Poof! it was gone.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

None, but that's better than 3 strikes against it...
I think Star Wars will be great, but it won't automatically sell well based on the fact that it's Star Wars. It will have to be good. Thankfully Steve Ritchie rarely misses, so we can expect good things.

The rumors so far are a 3-bank rising target and a Getaway supercharger. Hopefully the game will have something new.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

cfcac9ce716fd5eda0c6d4c23d406567 (resized).jpg

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The rumors so far are a 3-bank rising target and a Getaway supercharger. Hopefully the game will have something new.

Is that for the pro or the premium / LE ?

#218 1 year ago

If only pinball were still primarily on location, collectors wouldn't have to attach all the emotional baggage to each new machine to justify their multi-thousand dollar "investment". People would just be happy about a new game, throw their quarters in it and decide whether or not it was something they wanted to continue playing.

If only pinball were still primarily on location, it would probably be dead.

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

R2D2? The first thing I noticed were the familiar shapes on the right side of the picture.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

R2D2? The first thing I noticed were the familiar shapes on the right side of the picture.

IMG_7840 (resized).JPG

#221 1 year ago

Quick, who can name them all?

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quick, who can name them all?

I see MM, FT and TAF... not sure about the other two

#223 1 year ago

I would say from left to right is:

Theater of magic
Circus Voltaire
Twilight zone
Popeye
The Addams Family Gold

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would say from left to right is:
Theater of magic
Circus Voltaire
Twilight zone
Popeye
The Addams Family Gold

If you look in the reflection of the Circus Voltaire backglass glare you can see a MM and FH behind the camera man.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If you look in the reflection of the Circus Voltaire backglass glare you can see a MM and FH behind the camera man.

Was going to say there's room for more. Could fit at least another 30 games in there.

#226 1 year ago

Kiss is a good example that even very loyal fans have price limits. The KISS ARMY did not fork out hundreds or even tens of thousands of dollars to get the pinball machine. Pinball remains a high end toy for a niche market. I don't see Star Wars being much different. They can only sell so many SLE type games.
As always, I wish them the best.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Bahaha, yeah.... I thought I seen the name of the camera in the reflection of the brass coin door on ToM.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Kiss is a good example that even very loyal fans have price limits. The KISS ARMY did not fork out hundreds or even tens of thousands of dollars to get the pinball machine. Pinball remains a high end toy for a niche market. I don't see Star Wars being much different. They can only sell so many SLE type games.
As always, I wish them the best.

I've always thought that KISS fans as a whole are less affluent than hardcore Star Wars fans.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Bahaha, yeah.... I thought I seen the name of the camera in the reflection of the brass coin door on ToM.

Cannon

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I've always thought that KISS fans as a whole are less affluent than hardcore Star Wars fans.

I think SW fans simply take fanatic to a whole new level, there was a guy on UK to years ago who remortgaged his house to buy something SW related can't remember what it was now but I remember thinking "holy sh*t that's insane" but the dude that's spent 300k to look like Jabba the Hut shows SW fans are on a whole different level to any other group of fans

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think SW fans simply take fanatic to a whole new level, there was a guy on UK to years ago who remortgaged his house to buy something SW related can't remember what it was now but I remember thinking "holy sh*t that's insane" but the dude that's spent 300k to look like Jabba the Hut shows SW fans are on a whole different level to any other group of fans

I think he mortgaged his house to build a full size AT-ST in his yard.

I agree, SW fans will spend $$$. Pottery Barn kids had a millennium falcon bed for $4,000, as I recall. I suspect cross marketing would be worth Stern's effort, particularly at the big conventions.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I suspect cross marketing would be worth Stern's effort, particularly at the big conventions.

Cross marketing is something Stern should be doing on all their licenced releases, why just continue to sell to the same group over and over when there are potential customers out there unaware of your products.

Steve Jobs said it best "a lot of the time people don't know what they want until you show it to them" Apples success has been down to just that, they make people want their products! Are they the best on the market? Nope, yet people love their products even when they are offering less while being more expensive than their competitors, marketing has always been Apples key to their success.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That story is fake

#234 1 year ago

What the remortgage of his family home or the Jabba the hut botox story? Regardless which one is fake the other is still mental

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cross marketing is something Stern should be doing on all their licenced releases, why just continue to sell to the same group over and over when there are potential customers out there unaware of your products.

That's pretty much what Stern does.

They do Comicon to market to the comic geeks.

They do Price Is Right to market to old people.

They do CBS Morning News to market to people who want real news and not a Spring fashion show.

They hit Rolling Stone to roll out KISS (probably other bands too, but I've only seen KISS).

They hit theaters with Meteor (might be the first movie cross-promotion that had the actual title & logo)

MPW-77861 (resized).jpg

#236 1 year ago

machines are not coming through that door on the end.

#237 1 year ago

Must be two, I didn't see that one. I seen a Nikon.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cross marketing is something Stern should be doing on all their licenced releases,

Word on the street is they are making a super LE bunk bed set for the super LE owners. Sad thing is there are only going be like 50 of them built. Maybe they will release a few more if they sell out fast enough.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

What the remortgage of his family home or the Jabba the hut botox story? Regardless which one is fake the other is still mental

Jabba. Didn't look up the other

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 62.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Washington, DC
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Orlando, FL
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 249.99
Great American Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 109.95
Hookedonpinball.com
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside