Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ChipScott
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171007_105800.jpg
    sw (resized).jpg
    D6768953-8C7D-453E-ABC0-5D35735AF0B0 (resized).jpeg
    91113A7D-F842-49AC-AC23-26EAC2B45B14 (resized).jpeg
    Purple Haze Pot (resized).jpg

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Oh, man! This new code is a blast!!!

#52 6 years ago

Fantastic update. Really dig the new modes, and the cyan multiplier makes it SO much easier to know what to shoot for when I’m trying to finish a mode. The horseshoe lock also works every time for me now woohoo!

#53 6 years ago

Thank you Dwight!!

#54 6 years ago

Is sterns site down? SW shows code 0.00 on all 3 pins

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

It appears to be gone to me too. Makes you think they may have pulled it due to a bug. Hope not.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Same, Im on the phone with them now trying to figure out whats goin on. Ill report back.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from djoverpour:

Same, Im on the phone with them now trying to figure out whats goin on. Ill report back.

thanks. I should of downloaded last night.

#58 6 years ago

May be size of files related? Downloaded this morning and unzipped the files. One of the files was 4gb in size and too big to fit on my fat32 formatted usb stick.

#59 6 years ago

I played a bunch of games on the new Premium code last night and overall I'm very happy with it. Video mode seems pretty cool, integrating the middle button for turbo is a nice touch. And the light saber duel is awesome (wasn't going for it so not sure how I qualified it). I know people like to carp about "theme integration" or whatever, but I don't get it. The modes have their own distinct feel and the movie callouts are generally well thought out (just one example but I love Han yelling "what the hell are you doing?" when I miss shots in Rescue the Princess), and that holds for these new modes too.

One issue I've run into -- I was not having any problems with my ramp in ~125 games on 0.89, but after installing 0.91 it seems to occasionally stay up about 1/4 of the way (lower than the "half up" setting for catching balls coming down out of the ramp), just enough to block the ball, where it sits until a ball search kicks it loose. I've also had a few balls get stuck behind the fully up ramp and not be detected until ball search, which I had not noticed before. Of course it's possible both things were happening before and I somehow didn't notice. I'll try to document the when and where on my ramp issues better, but would be interested if anyone else is experiencing them with the new Premium/LE code.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from djoverpour:

Sat on hold for a long time so I just left them a message. Surely they took it down and are working to get it going again.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

May be size of files related? Downloaded this morning and unzipped the files. One of the files was 4gb in size and too big to fit on my fat32 formatted usb stick.

No, FAT32 I don't think has a file restriction thats NTFS. File is 4g zipped but 3.79 unzipped anyway.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

the color on the inserts are better, easier to determine the mode shots vs the combo shots now.

yeah makes a BIG diff'rence to me.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, FAT32 I don't think has a file restriction thats NTFS. File is 4g zipped but 3.79 unzipped anyway.

Not for me. 1 file is 4GB exactly and the other 181MB. I've used this same usb stick to upgrade .89 and didn't have an issue.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

yeah makes a BIG diff'rence to me.

IIRC FAT32 is the format that has the 4gb file restriction. Regardless, it sounds like the main file is less than that anyway.

#64 6 years ago

.91 Code is a major improvement.

First hyper drive ball after updating to .91 skipped off the rail diverter, smacked the glass hard and landed straight into the plunge lane. I think timing still needs to be worked out. 4-5 other hyperdrive balls worked fine...

Skipping Yoda's scolding cut scenes is much welcomed, but would like more variety for end of ball cutscenes.

Video mode is very basic and crude. I realize this is a pinball machine, but I expected higher production values. A better game could be made in Unity in 4-5 days. No joke.

Light Saber Duel is cool. I would like options to make completing the mode easier. You have to make 3-4 shots for each character to escape and a few shots here and there to add time to the clock to keep the mode running. It's a bit much.

Shooting for the Death Star in mini wizard modes, there should be more emphasis like in a voice callout given to the player that the ramp is up and the death star is ready to be killed. Also, I hate those timers on the death star shot. The ball bounces all around while the damn timer counts down. It drives me crazy. Once the death star is already to kill just keep it that way until it's hit or the ball drains. I have played over 400 games and only made the death star explode once!

Escape light will turn on but gate is closed. This bug is still happening. It's probably left over code from the pro. This seems to happen when the escape light is lit somewhere deeper in the game code.

The default audio level is way too loud. Please consider setting default audio level to 15.

Stern if you're watching please consider addressing the above feedback!

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

IIRC FAT32 is the format that has the 4gb file restriction. Regardless, it sounds like the main file is less than that anyway.

I downloaded this morning and the zipped file is 4.18GB. One file is just for 4GB after unzipping.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

Not for me. 1 file is 4GB exactly and the other 181MB. I've used this same usb stick to upgrade .89 and didn't have an issue.

I had this same problem last night when I downloaded the update to a Mac (never had an issue before). This morning I downloaded to a PC running Windows and the mainfile was smaller (slightly under 4GB). I was able to copy it to a USB stick fine this time and updated my machine.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Diz:

I had this same problem last night when I downloaded the update to a Mac (never had an issue before). This morning I downloaded to a PC running Windows and the mail file was smaller (slightly under 4GB). I was able to copy it to a USB stick fine this time and updated my machine.

interesting. I'm on a MAC too. I wonder if the latest OS upgrade has anything to do with it?

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

interesting. I'm on a MAC too. I wonder if the latest OS upgrade has anything to do with it?

Maybe. I'm running High Sierra.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

Not for me. 1 file is 4GB exactly and the other 181MB.

Then you have bad files or something EDIT: as tricky mac i see now

sw (resized).jpgsw (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Then you have bad files or something

Will try on a windows machine later. My guess it’s related to the new Mac OS somehow.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

I have experienced the same - looks down at 2pm CST 10/06/17

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Moortus:

Escape light will turn on but gate is closed. This bug is still happening. It's probably left over code from the pro. This seems to happen when the escape light is lit somewhere deeper in the game code.

I am fairly certain this is not a software issue, but a hardware one. The gate wouldn't open on my LE either and once 'adjusted' it has been problem free since.

Rob

#73 6 years ago

In my case, the escape gate always opens if I select "Light Escape" prior to plunging the ball. However; sometimes it lights during gameplay, but the gate doesn't open. A sticking mechanism would stick some of the time under all conditions and that's not what I'm seeing.

#74 6 years ago

Version .92 just posted on the Stern site

#75 6 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V0.92 - October 6, 2017
    ==================================
    Fixed:
    - Bug fixes related to timed events introduced in V0.91

#76 6 years ago

I tried .91 on a windows machine and it worked fine. Must be something with the compression utility in the new Mac OS released last week. Downloading .92 now on a windows machine

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

LE/PREMIUM V0.92 - October 6, 2017
    ==================================
    Fixed:
    - Bug fixes related to timed events introduced in V0.91

Wonder what they were specifically. I'm hoping this fixes my seemingly new issues with the ramp.

#78 6 years ago

I played a premium today with the new code on it. Is the hyperloop always so crappy? I had one mode start for deathstar where the ball started going around the hyperloop during mode select and then just fell off the rail and caused my ball to end. I hope they can figure it out. It seemed to work ok during the hyperspace mode but the ball kinda dropped out after about 5 loops but the mode continued. Is this how it's supposed to work?

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Wonder what they were specifically. I'm hoping this fixes my seemingly new issues with the ramp.

One of them was the callouts at the beginning of video mode. In .91 3PO and Han were talking on top of each other.

In .92 there's a proper video scene, then the mode begins.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I played a premium today with the new code on it. Is the hyperloop always so crappy? I had one mode start for deathstar where the ball started going around the hyperloop during mode select and then just fell off the rail and caused my ball to end. I hope they can figure it out. It seemed to work ok during the hyperspace mode but the ball kinda dropped out after about 5 loops but the mode continued. Is this how it's supposed to work?

No, that's not normal. I know what you are talking about, but I have not been able to reproduce it. A lot of this errant behavior was fixed, but maybe there's still a small bug there somewhere.

Rob

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Moortus:

In my case, the escape gate always opens if I select "Light Escape" prior to plunging the ball. However; sometimes it lights during gameplay, but the gate doesn't open. A sticking mechanism would stick some of the time under all conditions and that's not what I'm seeing.

Next time it happens, trap the ball and open the coin door to see if you can hear the coil lightly buzzing. Try to rule out that it's not sticking when the light is on and the gate isn't open.

Rob

#82 6 years ago

Anyone have this problem? Ive been playing version .89 on my premium and having a lot of fun. Yesterday I downloaded the new .92 onto a new flash drive, formatted FAT32, put it into the usb drive on the spike board, turned the machine on, and the machine/game just started up like normal as if there wasn't anything in the drive. This was off of a Mac computer.
    On an earlier post it seemed someone else had an issue with Mac, but success with a Windows computer...so, I downloaded again onto a fresh new flash drive off of a Windows computer, but same thing! Seems the spike board isn't recognizing there's a flash drive in the usb port?!
    Am I missing something? Any suggestions?

#83 6 years ago

Read back several posts in this thread. Several mention issues when using their Mac.

Update - sorry... didn't read the whole post. Did you unzip it correctly and then put it on your USB drive?

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Did you unzip it correctly and then put it on your USB drive?

To expand on this, you need to unzip the zip file you download from Stern. This will create a folder with two files in it. Put both of the files (NOT the folder, just the two files that are in the folder) onto the USB drive.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Moortus:

.91 Code is a major improvement.
    First hyper drive ball after updating to .91 skipped off the rail diverter, smacked the glass hard and landed straight into the plunge lane. I think timing still needs to be worked out. 4-5 other hyperdrive balls worked fine...
    Skipping Yoda's scolding cut scenes is much welcomed, but would like more variety for end of ball cutscenes.
    Video mode is very basic and crude. I realize this is a pinball machine, but I expected higher production values. A better game could be made in Unity in 4-5 days. No joke.
    Light Saber Duel is cool. I would like options to make completing the mode easier. You have to make 3-4 shots for each character to escape and a few shots here and there to add time to the clock to keep the mode running. It's a bit much.
    Shooting for the Death Star in mini wizard modes, there should be more emphasis like in a voice callout given to the player that the ramp is up and the death star is ready to be killed. Also, I hate those timers on the death star shot. The ball bounces all around while the damn timer counts down. It drives me crazy. Once the death star is already to kill just keep it that way until it's hit or the ball drains. I have played over 400 games and only made the death star explode once!
    The default audio level is way too loud. Please consider setting default audio level to 15.
    Stern if you're watching please consider addressing the above feedback!

Agree 100 percent. Please do a mini update to fix escape, ball lock and Death Star timer.

Also please add a 3 second timer for the lockout as it can launch SDTM.

#86 6 years ago

Download speed is a joke.

First try failed after 2 hrs, overnight download complete but won't unzip, new download is currently between 6-9hrs.

Updating is now turning into a multi-day affair.

First-world problems I guess, don't mean to be a whiner, just hope Stern is listening.

Upside, the Prem / LE is a great game after all the negative hype.

#87 6 years ago

Must be your PC. Download took me about 20 minutes late yesterday for the .92 code. Another 10 minutes to transfer to USB stick and just minutes to put the new code in the game.

I have updated code three times with no issues and I am not real tech savy. I can't say it's been too tough for at least me.

Does take some time but shouldn't take hours.

#88 6 years ago

Can you guys please help me with the update. I am having a really tough time. Maybe you can list the USB drives that work? My Windows PC no longer says format with FAT32, my only options are Exfat, NFST or something but no Fat32. So I used my mac, to do fat 32 then transferred the two files from the download on it. Ive tried like 10 times, and Im tired. Why does it not work! Can someone give me some brands of usb drives you used, anything else Im doing wrong? So frustrating. It should be easier.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Must be your PC. Download took me about 20 minutes late yesterday for the .92 code. Another 10 minutes to transfer to USB stick and just minutes to put the new code in the game.
    I have updated code three times with no issues and I am not real tech savy. I can't say it's been too tough for at least me.
    Does take some time but shouldn't take hours.

Wtf?

Aaarrrgh!

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you guys please help me with the update.

PM me... I'm not to far from you. You can come get my USB drive that worked if you want. Plus I have a Flynn sign I'll sell you if you are still looking. Can't remember what I paid for it???

#91 6 years ago

So, for High Sierra folks, I can confirm that you're unable to copy from Finder to a FAT-32 formatted external volume. Thankfully, you can do it in terminal. Here's the commands that I ran to make it work:

marcs-mbp-4:~ ms$ cp /Users/blah/Downloads/Star_Wars_LE-0_92_0-100617/star_wars_le-0_92_0.spk.002.000 /Volumes/Stick/

marcs-mbp-4:~ ms$ cp /Users/blah/Downloads/Star_Wars_LE-0_92_0-100617/star_wars_le-0_92_0.spk.002.001 /Volumes/Stick/

Where blah is your username and Stick is the name of your external FAT-32 volume. I just ran my update this way without issues, so, you should be all good to go.

Marc

#92 6 years ago

Ok, update finally worked! Thank you for the advice Asylum and fosaisu ...The dang file was still zipped, and yes, I tried to update with a zipped group of files while still in the folder...im such a dumbass.
    Im no IT guy, so for anyone interested, yeah, i had issues with Mac, but on the Window's computer I downloaded the file, then moved it to the desktop. I now notice that the file still had a damn zipper on it. One thing I noticed was there wasn't an "unzip" option, but an "extract" option, which when selected made a second, open file on the desktop. I then opened the folder and then dragged the 2 files individually (thanks again @fosaisu) to the zip. Took about 20 minutes. Ejected and then put in Spike usb. The first upload said unsuccessful, but have me the opportunity to try again, and it worked! Thank FG!!! Lightsaber Deul is cool, and no I'm no good at pinball and only saved 1 character before draining hard as hell...but it was awesome

#93 6 years ago

To @oneangrymo
    I noticed formatting was different on different sticks. I initially got the ScanDisk brand, but noticed too it would only format to ExFAT. I had an older flah that was PNY brand, and while the Gigabyte size wasn't enough, it formatted to FAT32. so, I went and got a new PNY brand flash with more storage and was happy to see it formatted to FAT32. Even the geek at Best Buy admitted the packaging doesn't mention what it was or coyld format to. Here's a pic of the stick/brand that worked...

20171007_105800.jpg20171007_105800.jpg

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can you guys please help me with the update. I am having a really tough time. Maybe you can list the USB drives that work? My Windows PC no longer says format with FAT32, my only options are Exfat, NFST or something but no Fat32. So I used my mac, to do fat 32 then transferred the two files from the download on it. Ive tried like 10 times, and Im tired. Why does it not work! Can someone give me some brands of usb drives you used, anything else Im doing wrong? So frustrating. It should be easier.

I had same issue. See above. Hope that helps!

#95 6 years ago

I uploaded .91 yesterday, but I’ll probably add .92 today.

Anyone else having issues with the fork not dropping all the way, and the ball getting stuck on it after the video mode? I’ve never had the ball get stuck above the fork until this update, and it’s done it about 5 times now. After 3-4 ball searches, it’ll drop low enough to roll down.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I uploaded .91 yesterday, but I’ll probably add .92 today.
    Anyone else having issues with the fork not dropping all the way, and the ball getting stuck on it after the video mode? I’ve never had the ball get stuck above the fork until this update, and it’s done it about 5 times now. After 3-4 ball searches, it’ll drop low enough to roll down.

Not that, but I did notice 2 things that I didn't notice on .89:
    Twice the ball went to death star shot but didnt acknowledge the shot. And once, as I have read from earlier threads from earlier codes, while in the hyperloop, the ball didn't trap in the death star during a point when it was time to make a new mode choice...and instead kept in the trail to the right flipper, which was of course was nonfunctional because of mode choosing. Lost the ball down the ol drain and at that point I still hasn't done a lightsaber duel!! I was frustrated.

#97 6 years ago

Hey Dave

Small world.

Rob here - bought your Robotron years back. Still have it and love it.

Hope all is well

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Hey Dave
    Small world.
    Rob here - bought your Robotron years back. Still have it and love it.
    Hope all is well

Nice! Of all the games I've bought and sold, that's probably the one I miss the most. Glad to hear you're still enjoying it. I need to find another one.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Nice! Of all the games I've bought and sold, that's probably the one I miss the most. Glad to hear you're still enjoying it. I need to find another one.

Robotron robotron robotron. I want one. And secondly perhaps a crazy climber.

Also great to see new code! Can't wait to play it.

#100 6 years ago

Hoth shot still bounces back frequently on the Pro.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-newly-released-code-v91/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.