(Topic ID: 284942)

Star Wars New Code Suggestion Box (for next version after 1.10 code)

By SWfan

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinchild
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Alright, I did this for the 1.05 code, so thought I’d start a new topic for the 1.10 code.

Here is my wishlist for the next update, what are yours?

1. More than one video mode (speeder race between trees on Endor, final run dodging canon fire before blowing up Death Star, etc.).

2. Better use of small screen (other than at ball launch, Rangor mission and pointing at the tie fighter, it isn’t utilized very well and could be such a unique “toy” if it was used in more interesting ways and more often).

3. More interesting mystery rewards, and just one bigger reward instead of three smaller ones (easier to comprehend the effect of what award you just won).

4. Ability to cut to the end of the mystery award by pressing both flipper buttons (like with missions and after draining).

5. More John Williams music (Empire March should be added at a minimum, if licensing allows for it).

6. Pause in action somehow for when you beat a mission prior to victory multi ball starting (so you can enjoy in the achievement).

7. Midnight madness brought back (with Cantina scene music).

8. Longer ball save for certain achievements or hitting initial skill shot (like the +3 seconds, etc., that Avengers Infinity Quest has).

What say you?

#starwars

#2 3 years ago

I’m out on #1, the rest sound fun.

My biggest complaint is not being able to cancel the mystery video with flippers. Honestly that’s all I really would ask for if they ran a code update. Also if they could update the code so the Death Star shot is easier lol

#3 3 years ago

1. Fix mode instructional text (some of it is out of date)
2. Make tie fighter multiball supers worth something again
3. A way to restart the Hurry up during hyperspace multiball
4. Random character option like GoT has

#4 3 years ago

I forgot to add that I would love an option for co-op play. Would be great to play with my son with 6 balls between us to try to beat the Emperor. Can’t think of a game that would be more suited for a co-op mode.

Also, I’d like another physical ball lock other than HS because that one is so hard to activate and hard to lock. Would be great if there was a mode to have the left ramp physically lock balls with the up-post for another three ball multi ball mode.

#5 3 years ago

Should have also added that it would be great if they could add a fun alternative mode that you can select from the menu for home use like TMNT Half Shell game.

Maybe have shots light up for each of the four characters with a timer for best time (like half shell in TMNT).

#6 3 years ago

Also, would be really cool if the screen on the back glass changed depending on which character you select.

Luke would get the current view (X-Wing)
Han could get a Millenium Falcon cockpit view.
Leia could get a view from a speeder.
R2-D2 could get a view from his perspective in the X-Wing.

#7 3 years ago

Would love to see co-op on this!

2 weeks later
#8 3 years ago

Have one more suggestion...

I wish there was one additional multiball mode where the post on the left ramp ball return acted as a physical ball lock. Could be something related to Jabba the Hut as he isn’t in the game currently, but regardless, you hit the left ramp and the post comes up like it does to select a mode, but instead is just a ball lock and a new ball gets auto-plunged until you lock three balls and they all come down the wire form to start another multi-ball.

I love physical ball locks, and the Hyperspace is as good as it gets, but is very difficult to get, and is the only ball lock in the game currently.

#9 3 years ago

I like the ball-lock with a jabba mode idea. there is virtually no jabba in the game.

my biggest peeve with the game is how the mission objectives and movie clips can get buried behind the hurryups. keep the small screen for the hurryups and large screen for the missions! also can be a bit lackluster when you defeat a mode... needs a "mission accomplished" callout or something.

also, that midnight madness cantina mode needs to be put back in!!

#10 3 years ago

Yup I've thought about some additional video modes...

- Tatooine Search for R2 - Landspeeder perspective, time based, desert rocks, obstacles. Obstacles knock off your time/bonus... similar to Asteroid field. Maybe add a scanner so you can tell if your headed towards R2.
- Hoth Probe Droid Attack - Probe droid is able to move around and hide behind snow banks, your objective is to destroy, more than hit required, time based bonus. Droid self destructs if you don't complete the mission in time.
- Death Star - Trench run, avoid trench obstacles, knock out guns (like the star wars video game). I know its been done to death but it would work just fine IMHO.
- Endor Death Star Run - Maneuver through the super-structure, without wrong turns or collisions. Like the mine car run from IJ rewards based upon number of correct maneuvers.
- Endor Speeder Bike Chase - Although this is already a mission, I think this really should have been an interactive video mode. This is basically a re-skin of the Endor Death Star run... but would be a nice variation. Maybe add a enemy you can hit with the action button.

I know its not a video game, its a pinball machine, but I think of all the great video modes of WMS IJ and they are really fun breaks in the game.

... and can we change the video clip for when the ball is saved when playing Luke... that steaming carbon freeze chamber is lousy. Could have used anything else... Luke jumping from his crashed snowspeeder, luke waking up in bacta, Ben picking up Luke after the Tusken Raider attack, Luke pulling himself up from the gantry in Bespin... there are just so many more to choose from.

My gut tells me the likelihood of anything major happening to the software of this pin is next to nothing.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

can we change the video clip for when the ball is saved when playing Luke... that steaming carbon freeze chamber is lousy. Could have used anything else... Luke jumping from his crashed snowspeeder, luke waking up in bacta, Ben picking up Luke after the Tusken Raider attack, Luke pulling himself up from the gantry in Bespin... there are just so many more to choose from.
My gut tells me the likelihood of anything major happening to the software of this pin is next to nothing.

I got a fan edit code from a fellow pinsider that has lukes ball save changed to when he jumps off the platform on jabbas barge and flips up onto the barge and grabs his lightsaber. it's a huge improvement! also has some other epic ball drain clips other than yoda constantly berating you. if you're interested, shoot me a pm and I can link you to the edited code.

#12 3 years ago

a trash compactor hurry-up or mode would be cool. start with hitting the outside orbits and work your way into the inner shots

#13 3 years ago

No clue what you people are talking about as I just got one this evening.

But Dang Swfan you should add to your collection one pin is well you need more my friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-new-code-suggestion-box-for-next-version-after-110-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.