(Topic ID: 282951)

Star Wars New Code Request/Suggestions (from 1.05)

By SWfan

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago

Hmm...I agree with some of your ideas (small screen usage and drain callouts), but also disagree with some (hyperspace change especially...just no). And as we went over in the owners thread, adjust those loop guide rails. You shouldn't be getting enough SDTM off your inner loop to want a ball save. That is an issue with your machine that you can and should fix. Yes, the Tatooine scoop was given a ball save option, but that is much more of a design issue. It can be improved, but not to the extent that the loop can.

Rather than type up my wishlist again, I will just copy/paste one of my old posts here. I've been harping on about this stuff for years, LOL. Truth is though, as-is it's one of my favorites. Copy/paste begins here:

Here's my code wishlist (discussed before, but it's been awhile):
A way to either pass on video mode, or have it come up less. A long, deep game means 5-6 video modes in a single game. I love the mode (as far as vid modes go anyway), but that's way too much. I should never see it more than once, maybe twice a game. While I would love to see Hoth 1 get a "real" mode of its own (Tauntauns / Wampa?), if that can't happen then require the video mode for that, but then have the rest give the choice, much like GoT or ST:TNG do. With or without consolation points, I don't care. If you decide to play it later, you have to requalify it. Also throwing in a floating extra ball or other rewards would be a pretty cool incentive to play it.

A/V priority tweaks...especially for the planet multiball mini-wizard modes. Tie fighters or hyperspace should never step over a wizard mode. I would say if there is any other mode (but especially planet multis) going on, move tie fighter hurryup/bashing and hyperspace countdown to the small screen. That way the info is still there to stack effectively, but it's not burying something more special.

Make a bigger celebration for finishing a planet. My suggestion would be when you hit the "kill shot", have the machine kill the flippers, and launch into a big celebration while the balls are draining, then relaunch the balls for Victory Multiball. Think the end of Cherry Bomb in GOTG, join the Cirqus in CV, and others...even battling the Emperor in SW if I remember right? As it is now, in the heat of an intense multiball, sometimes you do not even realize you blew up the Death Star or took down Jabba's barge. Killing the flippers gives you a chance to savor the moment, watch the DS explode. It wouldn't take long...just a few seconds and then launch into Victory like a boss. If you had anything stacked, that can carry in as well. This would truly make for a special fanfare "moment" when you beat one of those modes (which isn't something I do all that often..getting to them is one thing, beating them is another...for me at least!). Some people may not like the interruption in flow, so you could even make it an option in the settings.

I go back and forth if I want a way to pass on or "escape from" Light Saber Duel. It is such an amazing mode, but once you are in it, you are stuck until you finish it, time out, or drain all your balls. Way too often I have gotten stuck on a shot and ended up spending my whole game locked in. Since getting better at the game, this is less of an issue, but it can still be frustrating some days...especially if I was close to a planet multi. Not sure how to handle this one, but maybe at least giving the option whether or not to carry it over to the next ball would be nice. If you opt-out before it's done, you need to completely requalify it before trying again...so that would give the decision some weight if you are going for the Emperor. (Edit here: The longer I have the game, the less I see this as a problem. Amazing mode...play better to not get stuck. Maybe have an option setting...default as-is carry-over, or "hard" which makes you completely requalify it if you drain during? Not sure if that's the harder setting or the easier one, LOL. Depends how you look at it..."LSD jail" vs harder to get to the Emperor.)

Maybe help clarify mode shots a little better in some cases...especially the planet modes. I still get a bit lost in some of them, like Escape from Hoth. I'm never sure what shots just build points vs what shots progress to finishing. (Edit: OP above mentions better use of the small screen and I agree. One mode with perfect use of this screen is Rancor. More of this would help. Most modes are very clear, but some (Hoth) get confusing).

Would love to see more end of ball sequences and stuff like that. The game needs more Chewy and Jabba especially. But that's minor.

Maybe the max shot multiplier could be nerfed a little as that does get pretty crazy at 40x. I do not mind it, but I know it drives some people nuts. My argument is the game can be completely enjoyed while ignoring the multipliers. I'm more of a progression guy than a score guy anyway (if not competing). But I can see some of the annoyance. I'd be ok with the max being lowered even down to say 10x. That's still a huge multiplier compared to most other games, and worth going for, but not a complete game changer if you choose to ignore them. I don't know...just thinking out loud here to help a complaint that I hear about the game. It's not something that I personally really want/need changed and it wouldn't affect my enjoyment either way. I mean...a HUGE 40x cash-in does feel good...but realistically so would a 10x if that was the max. And either way you will kick yourself when you accidentally slop into the video mode without having the multiplier on it! LOL

I'm sure there are other things that could be tweaked, but this is just my wishlist. Honestly...I love this game just as-is. This stuff would put it over the top the way Dwight's last GoT tweak did for that game. I'd love to see at least some of these, but if not, it's still awesome right now.

2 weeks later
#34 3 years ago
Quoted from SWfan:

Geez, it’s been almost 3 weeks since I posted the request for a new code before they came out with one!
Kidding aside, I am really disappointed that there is nothing new in terms of gameplay. No cantina scene, no new video modes, no change to Mystery, no change to call outs, no Co-op mode, no scoring changes.
For those who have already updated, is there anything new to the actual gameplay (other than the new ball save features)?

I got my #1 wish granted...the option to limit video mode to once per game (per character). For me, that's HUGE. I was getting pretty frustrated playing through it 5-6 times in a good game. In a perfect world, I would have preferred a STTNG style choice of vid mode or points, but I do not mind completely limiting it either.

The new ball save should help those that suffer from a lot of launch-drain-ballsave-drain nut-punches. On my machine that is thankfully very rare, but it will be nice to have those few times covered.

I'd still love to see A/V priority tweaks, and a flipper kill celebration for completing planet multiballs. A few more end of ball sequences would be nice. But all that is minor, and now that video modes are under control, I am super happy. After what Dwight did for GoT years after the fact, I will keep my fingers crossed that he might someday swoop in and do some perfecting (when he has the spare time...ha! ). But if he can't, that's OK. I super appreciate that he listened and fixed the biggest annoyance I had with the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-new-code-request-suggestions-from-105?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.