You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8745 (resized).jpg
C6393A83-3FC9-4D79-9573-D37ED3305CDA (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I listened to Steve Richie Q&A on Facebook, at around 46:30 he mentions the Mystery scoop problem and_ how to fix it:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/

As it turns out the intent is for the scoop to fire into the left flipper. He describes the adjustments to make to correct this.

#2 6 years ago

Cool. Not sure why anyone thought it was supposed to dribble out to the right flipper.

#3 6 years ago

Yes I did this too. Adjusted it to look like this:

C6393A83-3FC9-4D79-9573-D37ED3305CDA (resized).jpegC6393A83-3FC9-4D79-9573-D37ED3305CDA (resized).jpeg

#4 6 years ago

I did Steve's suggested tweak this evening. My RUK would SDTM at normal power levels. Removed the lower screw and nut holding the plastic above the RUK, and loosened the nut up top so that I could rotate the plastic out of the way (did not have to remove the ramps). The metal above the RUK is held in place with 2 1/4" screws. Looking at the metal it was slightly out of alignment from the RUK. Adjusted the metal so that it was perfectly lined up with the hole and retightened the screws. Rotated the plastic back into place and reapplied the screw & nut.

Worked perfectly!! Now at default power setting (40) the RUK goes to the left flipper everytime!!

#5 6 years ago

I haven’t done yet. To understand what’s what, are we talking about adjusting the metal tongue over the kicker hole?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I haven’t done yet. To understand what’s what, are we talking about adjusting the metal tongue over the kicker hole?

Correct! It needs to line up with the kicker hole. Loosen the 2 1/4" nuthead screws holding it in place (see kermit's pic), and then make the edges of the metal tongue square with the outhouse itself.

#7 6 years ago

I think it's more involved with a Pro - the ramp is going to have to come out to gain access.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think it's more involved with a Pro - the ramp is going to have to come out to gain access.

Yep, just a bit. With a Premium/LE you can snake the nut driver through the ramp wires.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, just a bit. With a Premium/LE you can snake the nut driver through the ramp wires.

Removing the right ramp wireworm is super easy as it is just one nut. Makes it easier to get to it.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Removing the right ramp wireworm is super easy as it is just one nut. Makes it easier to get to it.

I know, removed it several times already getting the plunger lane shot right.....just didn't feel like it this time.

#11 6 years ago

Think I'm going to do the same fix on mine. Really want to do a video for this tweak.
I thought game code was going to fix this with ball save. So far have not seen 6 second ball save software work after update.

OK. SW CODE 1.0
Added a right eject ball save adjustment. If the adjustment is non-zero, the
ball saver will activate for the amount of time of the adjustment whenever
balls are ejected from the scoop. The factory default is zero. If you want
to turn on 5 seconds is recommended

Wish I knew what number was assigned to this feature

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Think I'm going to do the same fix on mine. Really want to do a video for this tweak.
I thought game code was going to fix this with ball save. So far have not seen 6 second ball save software work after update.
OK. SW CODE 1.0
Added a right eject ball save adjustment. If the adjustment is non-zero, the
ball saver will activate for the amount of time of the adjustment whenever
balls are ejected from the scoop. The factory default is zero. If you want
to turn on 5 seconds is recommended
Wish I knew what number was assigned to this feature

Seriously? It’s the 3rd adjustment. Feature Adjustment #3. I put mine at 5 seconds. Does not apply during multiball.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Seriously? It’s the 3rd adjustment. Feature Adjustment #3. I put mine at 5 seconds. Does not apply during multiball.

Yeah. I usually start scrolling from Backwards at 83. Not sure why I don't go from low to high.

4 weeks later
#14 6 years ago

I fiddled with dialing in the scoop (based on the SR video) with little improvement. Decided on 3 tweaks that made a huge difference:

- removed & bent the ball guide to better align with the left flipper.
- removed the hole protector.
- installed some vinyl tape to soften the impact (minor/optional).

Hard to know what had the largest impact, but the shot is 100% better. Rather than drain or hit the very tip of the left flipper, it hits the sweet spot of the left flipper consistently. Now, it's trivial to nail the left ramp directly from the Mystery Scoop eject. Sweet

snaroff

IMG_8745 (resized).jpgIMG_8745 (resized).jpg
IMG_8747 (resized).jpgIMG_8747 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mystery-scoop-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.