Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

So I bought this Star Wars Premium edition, it´s a hard game indeed. I try to find rulesheets and youtube clips explaining hoe to utilize the multipliers all over the board. So far I have understood that If I hit a green one, it should increase multiplier, it does not always do that on my pin. Is that common on this game? I also undertsnd that I can hit action button to turn them off (they become red), and thereafter I can change were I want them on my playfield. Have no idea how to prolong the timers on them, even though i read that can be done. Also finally I got Video Mode with 40x on the board and scored 6 million!!! How is that even possible? I would literally buy you a coffe if you took the time to explain me how these multipliers work and if my game is broken?

#2 1 year ago

Three bank will advance multiplier .

#3 1 year ago

Green means the shot is multiplied. Red means they're off and can be moved.

The three bank increases the X and resets the timer. Once timer runs out it goes back to 2x.

Complete enough sets of force targets to get double mult, then it's 40x max instead of 20x

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Northstar1976:

So I bought this Star Wars Premium edition, it´s a hard game indeed. I try to find rulesheets and youtube clips explaining hoe to utilize the multipliers all over the board. So far I have understood that If I hit a green one, it should increase multiplier, it does not always do that on my pin. Is that common on this game? I also undertsnd that I can hit action button to turn them off (they become red), and thereafter I can change were I want them on my playfield. Have no idea how to prolong the timers on them, even though i read that can be done. Also finally I got Video Mode with 40x on the board and scored 6 million!!! How is that even possible? I would literally buy you a coffe if you took the time to explain me how these multipliers work and if my game is broken?

I have a Prem as well, and used to have the same thought process as you. I was wrong all along, which also has hurt me in some tournies and leagues where I played some SW Pros all wrong. Similar to what is said above, here's the bullet points and strategy...

- Action Button turns the multipliers on/off. When green they're locked in and activated. When red, they can be moved but are not active.

- Counter to what you think (and what I once thought), it's not hitting the green shots that increases the multiplier. It's the 3-Bank of standups under the mini LCD that increases the shot multiplier. The 3-bank will also give Tie Fighters if there's one aligned on the mini LCD with a standup you hit.

- Hitting the 3-Bank not only adds to your multiplier, it resets the countdown clock of your multiplier. If you have multipliers built up at all and you haven't hit the 3-Bank in a bit, you'll hear that increasingly rapid beep. You have to hit the 3-Bank before the "whomp" sound at the end or it goes back to 2x.

- Max regular multiplier is 20x. Hitting the FORCE targets enough times can double multipliers, up to a max of 40x.

- The 3-Bank is dangerous, and therefore multipliers are really only important when in high scoring opportunities - 1) Video Mode, 2) Hyperspace Jackpot, 3) Planet MB's. Outside these scenarios, I don't find it worth taking my hands off the action button and risking drains. Just park the multiplier on the left ramp or Death Star shot until it's worth moving.

- In any multiball, the game is going to Autoplunge into the 3-Bank, so "skillfully draining" a few of those balls with the ball saver on will allow your multiplier to get jacked up for free. Maybe fire at the 3-Bank with another ball while ball saver is on as well. Also go for the FORCE targets in a Planet MB while ball saver is on. Your action button turning Orange is an Add-A-Ball. Use this when draining to restart your MB and also get a few free hits on the 3-Bank to juice the multiplier again.

- Higher the multiplier is worth, the fewer arrows are lit. Keep this in mind when you park the 3 arrows at low multiplier value.

- To something you said, you may think you have the multiplier on the Video Mode shot, but if you increased the multiplier before the Video Mode (to my point above), you may have crossed a threshold where one less arrow is lit, thus potentially removing it off the Hoth shot. Last night I missed out on a 40x video mode for this exact reason (I had the Endor shot lit by mistake when starting Video Mode... got a measly 10M as a result. Could've been 400M+).

- Lastly, you will be forced into Light Saber Battle. No getting around it. During the movie clip, park the multiplier on the Hoth shot as it's lit during the mode and is the final shot too. It's not life or death, but it's a good score boost vs. having it on an orbit or the Endor shot.

Try this out and report back.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I have a Prem as well, and used to have the same thought process as you. I was wrong all along, which also has hurt me in some tournies and leagues where I played some SW Pros all wrong. Similar to what is said above, here's the bullet points and strategy...
    - Action Button turns the multipliers on/off. When green they're locked in and activated. When red, they can be moved but are not active.
    - Counter to what you think (and what I once thought), it's not hitting the green shots that increases the multiplier. It's the 3-Bank of standups under the mini LCD that increases the shot multiplier. The 3-bank will also give Tie Fighters if there's one aligned on the mini LCD with a standup you hit.
    - Hitting the 3-Bank not only adds to your multiplier, it resets the countdown clock of your multiplier. If you have multipliers built up at all and you haven't hit the 3-Bank in a bit, you'll hear that increasingly rapid beep. You have to hit the 3-Bank before the "whomp" sound at the end or it goes back to 2x.
    - Max regular multiplier is 20x. Hitting the FORCE targets enough times can double multipliers, up to a max of 40x.
    - The 3-Bank is dangerous, and therefore multipliers are really only important when in high scoring opportunities - 1) Video Mode, 2) Hyperspace Jackpot, 3) Planet MB's. Outside these scenarios, I don't find it worth taking my hands off the action button and risking drains. Just park the multiplier on the left ramp or Death Star shot until it's worth moving.
    - In any multiball, the game is going to Autoplunge into the 3-Bank, so "skillfully draining" a few of those balls with the ball saver on will allow your multiplier to get jacked up for free. Maybe fire at the 3-Bank with another ball while ball saver is on as well. Also go for the FORCE targets in a Planet MB while ball saver is on. Your action button turning Orange is an Add-A-Ball. Use this when draining to restart your MB and also get a few free hits on the 3-Bank to juice the multiplier again.
    - Higher the multiplier is worth, the fewer arrows are lit. Keep this in mind when you park the 3 arrows at low multiplier value.
    - To something you said, you may think you have the multiplier on the Video Mode shot, but if you increased the multiplier before the Video Mode (to my point above), you may have crossed a threshold where one less arrow is lit, thus potentially removing it off the Hoth shot. Last night I missed out on a 40x video mode for this exact reason (I had the Endor shot lit by mistake when starting Video Mode... got a measly 10M as a result. Could've been 400M+).
    - Lastly, you will be forced into Light Saber Battle. No getting around it. During the movie clip, park the multiplier on the Hoth shot as it's lit during the mode and is the final shot too. It's not life or death, but it's a good score boost vs. having it on an orbit or the Endor shot.
    Try this out and report back.

WOW! Really don´t know how to thank you for this. Now I really understand this. To be total honest, I read about this "3 bank target" and had no idea what it was, even been trying to google it". This game is really fast, diffult and with this knowledge require some insane split-vision! Once again thanks alot!!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Northstar1976:

WOW! Really don´t know how to thank you for this. Now I really understand this. To be total honest, I read about this "3 bank target" and had no idea what it was, even been trying to google it". This game is really fast, diffult and with this knowledge require some insane split-vision! Once again thanks alot!!

Glad to help! I don't even know how many games of SW I played where I thought hitting the green shots increased my multiplier. Either it was a stream on early code, or just misinterpreting something that screwed me up. Only when I got the game and asked was I set straight.

#7 1 year ago

The rules wiki on Tilt Forums may be of use for many of the other rule intricacies too if you hadn't found it: http://tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

I kinda both don't like this multiplier system, and yet love it at the same time. I had a lot of fun moving the multiplier around rapidly making shots in succession when I had my Pro.

You're probably also unaware of the combo shot lighting and getting to the Escape From Boba Fett mode - the rules wiki above doesn't really cover it effectively imo. There was a very informative post explaining the combos and how they're lit in the club thread on here, but unfortunately I don't have the link handy and I've forgotten the details since I sold mine. I'm sure if you use the find in thread option on the club thread (or maybe it is a key post) you can locate it.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Glad to help! I don't even know how many games of SW I played where I thought hitting the green shots increased my multiplier. Either it was a stream on early code, or just misinterpreting something that screwed me up. Only when I got the game and asked was I set straight.

Wow. Green arrows increase I too? Wild. They don’t increase the timer too do they?

#9 1 year ago

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the left most multiplier spot lit is the last one to remain lit as your multiplier goes up too.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer3246:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the left most multiplier spot lit is the last one to remain lit as your multiplier goes up too.

Yes.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Green arrows increase I too? Wild. They don’t increase the timer too do they?

No. That was apparently both OP’s and my initial impressions. I swear I watched an early stream where the only way to increase shot multiplier was to hit green shots, and the more you hit the lesser arrows there were as multiplier climbed.

Obviously not the case now. But that’s how I approached the game on location and at leagues for a long ass time, and since I never hit the 3-Bank, my scores were far from good.

#12 1 year ago

I see. Yeah. 3 bank all day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-multipliers-i-get-nuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.