rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Throw on that Leia costume

giggittttttyyyyyyyy!

#80 6 years ago

In the future, I think the streams are better without the pros.

I stopped watching as they were just too good so it was going to ruin the game for myself to explore when ours arrives in a few weeks. I like the streams with just the regular folks and we get to see small snippits for the reveal videos and can concentrate on how the game shoots. Seemed they were in multiball so much that it was all just about the control play aspect (i.e. not playing the game how regular people do).

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

but then who would tilt the table so hard it almost flips over? ; )

I missed that part. lol, was that Josh or Kieth?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you don't want to "spoil" the game don't watch any streams. Seems pretty simple.
People who do want to watch this stuff are better served by watching good players.

reveal streams are more fun without people needing to drain so they dont show the uncoded wizard mode. Sorry, just MHO.

I love these deadflip streams but there was so much continual gameplay that it did not seem to allow much time for Dwight to talk about stuff or interact with the crowd. That is the fun insight most are looking for at this stage when evaluating to buy, not how to beat the game on day 1.

I am guessing you were the guy that whipped out your game genie before even playing your new games to bugger in the cheat codes

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This qualifies for dumbest post of the year award!

Hey, it is only July and you have plenty of opportunity to top that.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

This is not the Who-Dey/Whysnow/jar155/The Law banter thread. Please move the conversation back to the Star Wars Dead Flip event. If personal discussions are desired, move them to private messages.
There will be no additional warnings.
Thanks.
Marcus

How the hell did I get looped in on this. I made exactly 1 "off topic" post, no banter here.

Deadflip event was great as always! So glad Stern has started doing these and I hope they keep it going forever.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seems to be all the multiballs are like TWD. They just start after you've completed the required shots to attain that multiball.
We're gonna find out soon enough.

I am super excited to explore this code! Dwight has some great ideas! I will say, I do hope that he gets the time to properly polish and it does not get left at the finish line like GB has.

4 weeks later
#330 6 years ago

Lol.

Pretty much all there is to say...

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think greed is killing Stern's products. I believe eventually it will catch up with them.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think cheaply made games with QC issues, constantly raising prices while removing features, poorly developed code, social media that's as friendly as a communist dictatorship, etc...will eventually alienate a large percentage of their customers. My perception of Stern is that they are arrogant, cheap, and greedy. When profit greatly outweighs passion I think you will have problems.
I have TWDLE, GBLE, STLE, TronLE, Met Premuim, AC/DC Premium, and IMVE. I have supported Stern, but they have become extremely unlikable in my opinion.
I want them to do well. I hope they shift and change direction and find some passion for pinball. I know there are a lot of good people that work there, but the people calling the shots seem to be winning the battle but losing the war.
There are a lot of choices where I can spend my money.

said extremely well. I think it is obvious that the tide has shifted on public opinion of Stern and you nicely listed all the reasons for it. Pretty hard to change culture/perception from both within and your customer base once this happens.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've been on this site now for almost 4 years and Stern has been a bash toy the entire time, all its going to take is one pin that satisfies the value geeks and the gameplay geeks (me) in one package and the perception will be back to golden status. Pinheads don't hold grudges if the pin is great they will come, regardless of the company.

I find that if anything there have been mostly vocal Stern fanboys for my entire time on this site, with a select few vocal minority pointing out what has now come to fruition on quality, lack of code, and price.

That has turned and more people seem to be waking up and changing what they are saying. You are correct that what really matters is the spending and people bought GB despite the pf issues. People appear to be buying SW despite the pf issues and price increase, and lack of value. However Stern cant get A list themes and sell on that alone forever, esp since others are taking over in quality, customer sevice, and value respectively.

I will say that I am starting to see the resale market on new out of box/huo/ low play colletor stuff dropping. Many games were riding on the increased Stern prices and influx of new people in the hobby that did not know better. People were buying that Met for 4200 delivered a few years ago and then able to resell for 4800 when the newest Stern came out with a price increase. As Stern raised NIB prices, collectors were raising NooB prices to match and then trade into the newest thing. That is slowing and we seem to have seen the top. I see that as this shifts and we get back to a place where opening a game and playing it for 6 months will cost you 1k on the secondary, then that spells back things for Stern unless they adjust quickly.

They like to lie and say they have 90% of market share, but they obviously dont and that portion is shrinking quickly. Competitors are getting games out quicker and people are buying.

Pinheads dont hold grudges? I would say they are fairly intelligent group and remember. People burned on crappy quality, burned on dead code, burned on increased prices dont tend to easily forget.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Never thought of the beer money in that perspective, just game play... I used to justify NIB pricing on saving $1/play on location. Figured I'd probably play the game a few hundred times on location; if my game depreciates that, then so what, it's a wash. But yeah, beer money... Figure paying a good $20 each time out for over priced booze vs. at home with friends makes it even easier to justify...
Now losing a grand or two, especially due to QC issues, yikes.
edit - forgot to mention the inherent value in playing a pin you know works 100%. how much is that really worth? I can tell you I lose a pretty penny each year dumping quarters in a game only to find out it's maintained like crap and barely plays.

how did you neglect the extra value of playing in your undies!!!! ???

that alone is worht he 1k depreciation

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-live-on-dead-flip-tonight?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.