rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago

Projector is set up at work, roll on midnight!

#37 6 years ago

Midnight Madness Champion screen just popped up on instant info. Another mode to add to the game.

#97 6 years ago

I am sure others noticed, but on the Hoth modes, when two modes where running at once, Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters started to appear on the screen, as the screen/video was from the cockpit of a Snowspeeder flying over Hoth, I guess that is just a glitch?

Thought the cockpits changing depending on what mode your in was awesome and a great touch of detail

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a side effect of stacking Tie Fighter multiball I think. The game lights the standups which need to be hit to destroy tie fighters which are shown on the main screen. It (eventually) makes sense in the way it's presented, but it's not elegant looking either.
Rob

I was hoping it was a visual glitch, it makes the other wise excellent graphics look a little sh*t, must be a better way to represent it rather than have static tie fighters showing up over a animated Hoth!?

Main mode on LCD secondary/stacked modes on mini LCD maybe? Other than those stacking issues the graphics for Star Wars are exceptional and the cockpits changing between modes is the kind of attention to detail I've been waiting to see from Stern, great job!

4 weeks later
#240 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

tonight's stream is a make or break for me on whether I cancel my LE preorder... If you had asked me 3 weeks ago I was 100% keeping it. Now I'm about 50/50 after seeing the pro in person and thinking about what I'm paying the extra $3,000 for. I don't have any interest in a Pro or Premium at this point. The premium looks nice but it would be the same reasoning for me on what is it that I am paying the extra $$ for.
Hoping that finally seeing an LE in action changes my mind; as it's a dream theme for me - and the rest of the world.

I am most interested in seeing if they added any animation to the backbox for the translite. Would be a decent extra to give the LE a little more value over the Premium.

They added art blades that where supposed to be an extra to BM66LE's so there is a small possibility Stern might have added something but I'm not holding my breathe. Also interested to see the loop in action.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hope there's like a few shakers in the you can sell to get some monies back

I'm not buying, dropped out of my LE upon the reveal/feature matrix release.

But they added $100 worth of art blades to the BM66LE's, so there's a tiny chance they might do something similar on SW and with the LEs limited extras/value over the Premium and people dropping out, every little could help at this point.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

About 20 seconds in.
It was too hard to get to and disappointing due to some broken (or not programmed) lights. I guess both those things can be fixed with a code update.

No amount of LEDs are going to make that look dramatic, considering the amount of work it took Keith to get to it, the Death Star was hugely disappointing.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How can you have only one toy on a $7400 game and only have it used in deep play and expect people to feel they are getting their money's worth?

And it took one of the best players in the world to do it, so chances of 99% of us mere mortal players getting there? Might as well remove it as a feature your ever going to see, I know I wouldn't ever see it.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There definitely should have at least been Force magnets regardless of whether it was a Ritchie game or not.

I don't get why people say that, he used Magna Save on BK2000 and one of my favourite SR games of all time used a playfield magnet to great effect for Doc Oc on SM - that multiball start and magnet fling and usage in game is just awesome!

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I dropped in and out of the stream, is there an Endor Death Star mode? Actually I haven't seen much from ESB or ROTJ.

Good point, to make better use of the Death Star toy/egg and to offer a little more integration with the original trilogy you should be able to blow up the Death Star at the end of the Endor modes.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you guys see the video of Steve's seminar at one of the pinball shows after SW was announced? He literally made the statement "Gary Stern is allergic to spending money". I think this game just had a budget and Steve had to stick to that budget. Just seems like they blew most of the wad on the actual Star Wars assets to make the video screen pop. Also the fact that so many people around here love gluing action figures to their games, they probably figured people would just buy some hallmark ornaments, stick an LED in it and be happy with it. I really think the game is fun even with the lack of toys. It really has that one more game feel to it.

I would love to see his various prototype designs for SW to see what his original design/vision was compared to the production game.

One of the preview videos (think it was the IGN one) showed a magnet and possibly a motorised bank, would be interesting to see the different incarnations of SW from start to finish.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I wouldn't have to glue figures or ships on my pin if Stern put some more toys on their playfield. I just saw a Youtube video posted by Cointaker of them showing off a HemiOrange modded out SW Pro with the added vehicles. I think it really fills out the pin nicely.

I just saw that video and thought the exact opposite, makes the game look even cheaper, like someone playing knocked a box of micro machines over the playfield.

Which is my biggest complaint about SW, the amount of iconic material that can be drawn from the franchise, should have been more than enough to fill the playfield with toys/mechs incorporated into the gameplay.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Four years straight? That's some kind of record isn't it. By the time the machine's out it probably won't be anymore.

GOTG 2, c'mon Odin your not that old man

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Its a fun movie you should check it out if you get a chance.

Great film, not quite as good as the first but still one of the best Marvel films, supposedly its next from Stern, I hope they do the theme justice!

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is it the front runner for the rumored Keith Elwin Archer layout?

That's what keeps getting posted in various Stern threads, its also why I think SW might have been so bare, maybe save a little money on this title to spend a little more on the next? Keith's Archer does looked packed with stuff and the layout is just awesome, love the shot off the upper right flipper that can only be hit with the left upper flip held up and the inner loops. If Stern produce it at Prem/LE level in its complete form it will be one of Sterns most loaded games to date.

#530 6 years ago

F&F might be bordering on the absurd these days, FF5 was easily the best and not too out there, the bank vault scene was so good you could excuse its physic defying craziness, 6 pushed it with the worlds longest runway and 7 pushed it probably a little too far with Vin & Rock close to superhero territory.

But a lot of the scenes would translate to pinball perfectly, from the first time I saw SW I thought it would have been a great layout for a F&F pin, super fast and brutal and no real need for playfield toys just speed and maybe a magnet or two and ramps with diverters ala the shadow instead of pops.

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That backfires if nobody wants to buy SW.

Wouldn't be the first decision Stern has done that doesn't make an ounce of sense from where we are standing.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So when two cars play chicken each drivin in excess of 50mph and hit head on (100mph impact) the two drivers just get out of their cars and brush it off? Naw, I just can't abide that.

50/50 - I am a firefighter here in the UK and I have driven towards some crashes and collisions you would instantly think the occupants are unfortunately dead yet once we take a close look you a literally gob smacked the people in the car are trapped but with nothing more than a few cuts and bruises.

Went to a crash involving a BMW earlier this year, it hit a tree at about 60mph (there isn't much you can hit that is worse than a big tree, they do not move a single mm) car was in two halves and the rear half had been thrown into the front half, yet the guy was inside practically under his dash but we got him out and he walked himself out onto a stretcher.

Quoted from o-din:

Do you believe they could blow up the death star and darth vader could just walk away?

Never seen a Death Star blow up at work but I have genuinly seen a guy in a car crash dressed as Darth Vader last Halloween.

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can't just change your avatar like that j85m !

Didn't think anyone would notice

Had to show my BM66 loyalty for the upcoming code, plus it was time for a change, it will go back once I start my Goldeneye restore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 21.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-live-on-dead-flip-tonight?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.