rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 6 years ago

Would love to see the premium, but thanks for doing this anyways. Lots of potential for this to be the next "AC/DC" tournament game with the scoring features that already exist. Very interesting.

1 month later
#475 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll be sure to go see the movie in the theater the next time a pinball machine introduces me to it. In the 90s that's the only way I learned about some movies.

"O-din: Willful ignorance for 50 years and counting! When you need to not know anything....choose O-din!"

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You can't even think about using Batman '66.

Aside from potentially ridiculously long ball times.....why?

There's no scoring glitches in the last code drop for B66 that I know of, and the rest of the scoring is pretty balanced. It's been a fun game for our league to have access to, even before things like Bat Turn and Bat Signal, I felt like...

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And darn proud of it!
It's not my fault it takes pinside two years after the release of a movie to start begging for the pinball game and two more years before it might become a reality. And that's fast work in this business.

It's also not Pinside's fault that you're feigning ignorance for a laugh, but really, it's just kind of 'meh' and not all that funny. You've diluted your own 'product.' I don't think a single person here believes that you're actually living in a cave, but that's basically the face you're putting forward if you expect anyone to believe that you didn't know about GOTG/GOTG2. If nothing else, it's been brought up multiple times on multiple threads on Pinside long before now... so even if I was willing to suspend disbelief for a moment, and buy into the fact that you're living in a cave or bunker and only leave to buy pins and food, and don't listen to the radio or watch TV or browse ANY OTHER PART OF THE INTERNET....

You'd still know about the existence of those movies. A good joke is a little bit true, and a little bit of a lie...you've swung way to one side. :p

#487 6 years ago

LOL...just......whatever man.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's possible I saw an add for it when it first came out, but I tend to ignore or forget TV commercials about things I have zero interest in. But honestly I never cared to look it up because most of the pinside dream themes people talk about here don't interest me either.

I guess my point is that I know about a LOT of things I have less than zero personal interest in. I listen to the radio, occasionally watch TV, browse the internet. I pick up on a lot. If you're capable of mentally filtering and discarding everything you see that's not of immediate personal use, more power to ya, I guess....keeping it simple. But for me, being an information sponge, that's kind of a hard thing to fathom. Especially for these two movies, which blew up bigtime and went way way outside 'comic book guy' audiences, much like Deadpool.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I pick up a lot too. This one never struck me as memorable if I indeed see something about it. And guessing it is a theme you are probably interested in, makes me even less interested.

Not really. I would have liked to have seen Archer a hell of a lot more. I liked the 1st movie much more than the second one, FWIW. I find baby groot extremely irritating. If they do make this pin, and there's some stupid "I AM GROOT" callouts all over the place, I don't even want to play it.

Infinity Gauntlet is what I'm waiting for. Otherwise...meh...my primary interest in GOTG was always tied to the Infinity Gauntlet tangents, and I was really hoping for Adam Warlock in that second movie. Marvel F'ed this one up. I dunno how the hell you do Infinity Gauntlet without Adam Warlock. He's basically responsible for defeating Thanos in the first place, and then leads the group that splits up and controls the gems afterwards...plus the "sequels" hinge on him having had the Gauntlet and gems...so.. hell if I know WTF Marvel is doing at this point. I knew about Groot and Rocket Racoon prior to the movies, but it wasn't anything I ever read as a kid. Drax and Gamora were both members of the Infinity Watch...Drax actually swallowed the stone he was given. =|

#494 6 years ago

I don't think I've seen a single one of those, which is kind of odd in the same way, I suppose. You'd think with 7 of them bastards out there, I would've seen at least one, but no. The pace at which those sequels come out is amazing...I think they're already working on the next one? My wife did con me into watching Gone in 60 Seconds a long time ago.

*edit* GOTG is more of an 'antihero' thing. There's more guns and lasers than 'powers'....well...at least in the first one. Just stick with the first one.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And there you have it. Different strokes for different folks. I saw the first one in the theater and the rest one by one on TV. With each one it gets a little more outlandish, but no shortage of action and adventure.
The fact that it is one of if not the top grossing movie franchises of all time says something about it's mass appeal. But apparently not good enough for a pinball theme.
And there are 8 of them now. 9 if you include the original one from 1955.

I get what you're saying, but I still maintain there's a difference between not knowing about it at *all* and not having seen it. I still remember seeing Tokyo Drift trailers and just laughing because it was so ridiculous, and right around the time that all the 'serious' racing sims were taking hold, and oh look here's a drifting game turned into a movie. I should probably check a few of them out. I like Vin Diesel....it's no Riddick though.

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I'd really like to know is how anyone with the internet, TV, or radio does not know an 8th Fast and Furious movie was released this year called The Fate of the Furious with the kind of money it raked in at the box office.

Quoted from o-din:

Don't I get a touche for that?

Nope, because I already knew about it. I just haven't seen it. =Þ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-live-on-dead-flip-tonight?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.