rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 6 years ago

How can you have only one toy on a $7400 game and only have it used in deep play and expect people to feel they are getting their money's worth?

#302 6 years ago

Way to go Keith on blowing up the Deathstar! Too bad the light animation didn't work. I'm sure they can fix that, but it's too bad it wasn't working for tonights live stream.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

About 20 seconds in.
It was too hard to get to and disappointing due to some broken (or not programmed) lights. I guess both those things can be fixed with a code update.

No amount of LEDs are going to make that look dramatic, considering the amount of work it took Keith to get to it, the Death Star was hugely disappointing.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I think I might have just saved myself $8500

The pro is a fantastic machine, highly recommend playing one to see if it clicks!

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No amount of LEDs are going to make that look dramatic, considering the amount of work it took Keith to get to it, the Death Star was hugely disappointing.

Given its the major toy, was a lot of work to get it. Was a bit of an anticlimax.

#306 6 years ago

Welp, no need to buy SW. From what I've played of the pro and seen of the LE tonight I'm perfectly fine plopping quarters into this one on location.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Plus it's a toy that's only really used for 1 mission in the entire game. Kind of a non-feature perhaps.

Rob

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think there's a ramp on the upper right part of the loop that sends the ball down to the right wireform. I thought I saw that a few times.
Not sure what the slowdown/drop to the flippers thing was about, though.

Maybe the slowdown is a fall back exit if it somehow misses the "official" exit.

#309 6 years ago

Sad, personally I feel like Stern squandered a dream theme.
There definitely should have at least been Force magnets regardless of whether it was a Ritchie game or not.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Plus it's a toy that's only really used for 1 mission in the entire game. Kind of a non-feature perhaps.
Rob

Not a fan of locking one of the major toys out after you accomplish a set of modes. Seems like a big waste.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

How can you have only one toy on a $7400 game and only have it used in deep play and expect people to feel they are getting their money's worth?

And it took one of the best players in the world to do it, so chances of 99% of us mere mortal players getting there? Might as well remove it as a feature your ever going to see, I know I wouldn't ever see it.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Sad, personally I feel like Stern squandered a dream theme.
There definitely should have at least been Force magnets regardless of whether it was a Ritchie game or not.

I dropped in and out of the stream, is there an Endor Death Star mode? Actually I haven't seen much from ESB or ROTJ.

#313 6 years ago

Saved a lot of money from this stream lol

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I dropped in and out of the stream, is there an Endor Death Star mode? Actually I haven't seen much from ESB or ROTJ.

There is, but I don't know if you get to blow that death star up? Someone who owns a pro should know.

Rob

#315 6 years ago

Personally, I think it looked awesome! Hyper loop is awesome and I think that the sound effects/music compliments the game very well. Sad that the death star wasn't working but I have a feeling that shot to blow up the death star will be just as, or almost as, satisfying as destroying the ring. Can't wait to finally play it!

#316 6 years ago

I'm gonna guess they are going to adjust the ability to explode the deathstar in code updates so it doesn't take the best player in the world to get it.. but even still.. very underwhelming.

Think i'll go order a MMr.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't get why people say that, he used Magna Save on BK2000 and one of my favourite SR games of all time used a playfield magnet to great effect for Doc Oc on SM - that multiball start and magnet fling and usage in game is just awesome!

#318 6 years ago

I can't believe the death star lightshow did not work right when it exploded did no one test the game before the stream.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The pro is a fantastic machine, highly recommend playing one to see if it clicks!

Oh...I have...still been 50/50 on the game. After tonight...huge let down. I will drop quarters on location....

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Good point, to make better use of the Death Star toy/egg and to offer a little more integration with the original trilogy you should be able to blow up the Death Star at the end of the Endor modes.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't get why people say that, he used Magna Save on BK2000 and one of my favourite SR games of all time used a playfield magnet to great effect for Doc Oc on SM - that multiball start and magnet fling and usage in game is just awesome!

Magnet in acdc also.... he used 4 magnets in star wars ...just not the way people wanted.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Magnet in acdc also.... he used 4 magnets in star wars ...just not the way people wanted.

I don't have a problem with the hyperloop. It is just that the budget for the game is not spread around enough and is too thin for a $7400 game.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I loved Magna Save on BK which was amazing on location and Doc O and others but they are used to the catch the ball and then do something. I have always felt that magnets that change ball direction like people want from the force were more a PL thing than SR.

I enjoy the SW pro, will have to see about the Prem/LE but the hyperloop looked way more awesome than Getway the way the light show worked. It looked like strobe MB making it hard when you are trying to shoot more balls in. Cant wait to play and decide.

#324 6 years ago

Looks like a game I'll play on location if ever given the chance, but no way I pay that much for that pin. Reminds me of Avengers (an equally great theme that Stern really shat the bed when it came to the finished product)

#325 6 years ago

That Death Star needs to blow up a whole lot more than that

And if it takes Elwin to do it Dwight should go back to the code drawing board on that one

#326 6 years ago

Does anyone else thing the deathstar looks like the egg from lost world?

#327 6 years ago

I think it looks like the death star. What are you expecting?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That Death Star needs to blow up a whole lot more than that
And if it takes Elwin to do it Dwight should go back to the code drawing board on that one

Nobody played well in the stream, even KME struggled. But, I'd rather not see it dumbed down so it can be done every single game. It has to be an achievement rather than a gimmee.

Rob

#329 6 years ago

its-a-cash-598521 (resized).jpgits-a-cash-598521 (resized).jpg

#330 6 years ago

Lol.

Pretty much all there is to say...

#331 6 years ago

so for about 3k more you get, balls spinning around on a wire ramp a la getaway, a lame death star that crack open with lights turning on and a ball gate saver.... great that's what? $300-$400 in parts?

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Nobody played well in the stream, even KME struggled. But, I'd rather not see it dumbed down so it can be done every single game. It has to be an achievement rather than a gimmee.
Rob

I hear you, except its the main/only toy.

Any btw, I'd would love to "struggle" like Elwin did!

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

great that's what? $300-$400 in parts?

With the quantity breaks Stern gets to manufacture parts, far, far, far, far less than that.

#334 6 years ago

yeah....... not saying the game isn't fun, but come on Stern..

Then again as long as people keep buying, Stern will keep pushing the market as far as they can. Can't blame them really.

#335 6 years ago

Ok to sum up:

Some people think it's cool.

Some people think it's the worst thing ever and they hate it.

I did not see this coming!

#336 6 years ago

Counting this I skipped the last three Stern pins...here is to hoping that the next title has some magic to it - or that the ACDC VMLE has decent art as I missed out on Luci back in the day....

#337 6 years ago

Just watched the stream. Main thing i noticed different with game then present code on Pro during the Multiballs usually the action button lights orange for add a ball then times out or you use it but it seemed like the new code made the add a ball stay lit like Martell on GOT.

Ive played my Pro a ton and still havent destroyed the deathstar, its tough.

I dont think the extras between Pro and Premium are worth it in my opinion(Deathstar was pathetic) and the LE is surely not worth the extra money.

#338 6 years ago

IMG_0223 (resized).PNGIMG_0223 (resized).PNG

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok to sum up:
Some people think it's cool.
Some people think it's the worst thing ever and they hate it.
I did not see this coming!

I'm a player, so I love it.

#340 6 years ago

Quality issues aside. This game has what it takes to be great. Plays fast. Great Shots. Great Theme. Great Lighting. Great Sound. Cool animations. Hyper Loop is cool. Death Star is decent probably will look better when it has lights working. Why is everybody hating on this game. Stop asking for so much. We all just want a game to play good. A lot of the classics aka must haves do not have that much stuff inside and yet nobody dare talk bad about them. I think people just have a bad feeling about stern pinball right now because of quality issues and warranty concerns. My opinion is as long as the cabinet does not fall apart or the playfield crack discolor or ghost it is a great Game. Be honest even if you do not like what the company is doing right now. Steve Ritchie designed a great game!

Granted they need to give us a game without any defects. That is a given!

#341 6 years ago

After watching a good bit of the video again I am not totally down on the game quite yet. It does appear to have enough going on with code and modes to end up being a good competition game. I don't expect it will be popular with beginners and novice players because it will be short ball times and likely turn them off quickly, but for decent players it could turn out to be another Iron Man or something along those lines but with the modes and LCD adding something extra. Hopefully they will be adding callouts because that seems to be almost non-existent right now.

I noticed Jack said that the Premium seemed to play a little faster than the Pro. I wonder if that was because of the metal ramps instead of plastic (likely less ball friction and dirt build up on metal ramps).

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

so for about 3k more you get, balls spinning around on a wire ramp a la getaway, a lame death star that crack open with lights turning on and a ball gate saver.... great that's what? $300-$400 in parts?

No, maybe $30-$40. You had an extra 0 there.

#343 6 years ago

Sure 30 bucks gets you motors magnets wire forms hardware extra lighting more R&D software and code. OH WAIT ALSO 2 EXTRA TRANSLITES CUSTOM POWDER COATED RAILS AND "HINGES" yes that was a shot at the afmrle. (Great game I bought one) If you don't like the game fine. Stop bashing the game. I could name 30 games off the top of my head that the star wars le is better then. Is it perfect NO! But it is far from Horrible. I just think people are out of room or out of money so they are making excuses not to buy it.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I just think people are out of room or out of money so they are making excuses not to buy it.

This made me giggle.

#345 6 years ago

SW Premium gameplay on YouTube. KME blows up the Death Star at 2:04 - 2:05 or so. Thanks Jack!

#346 6 years ago

I just can't get the image of this kids toy out of my head when I look at the Death Star in this machine.

IMG_1204 (resized).JPGIMG_1204 (resized).JPG

IMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPG

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Sure 30 bucks gets you motors magnets wire forms hardware extra lighting more R&D software and code. OH WAIT ALSO 2 EXTRA TRANSLITES CUSTOM POWDER COATED RAILS AND "HINGES" yes that was a shot at the afmrle. (Great game I bought one) If you don't like the game fine. Stop bashing the game. I could name 30 games off the top of my head that the star wars le is better then. Is it perfect NO! But it is far from Horrible. I just think people are out of room or out of money so they are making excuses not to buy it.

Hahahahahahah, love u man

#348 6 years ago

I am so happy that Stern continues to make games that I have no interest in buying. Couple that with their QC issues and lack of code and code updates and I will continue not to be tempted. Thank you Stern!

#349 6 years ago

That Death Star explosion sequence was perfect....

IMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPG

#350 6 years ago

thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpgthisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-live-on-dead-flip-tonight/page/7?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.