rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Great game if you like stop n go and watching your friends have 25 minute ball times!
Not my recipe for a fun evening, but this title will do very very well no doubt...
Mof

At least 2 of those players are top tier tournament players so I wouldn't assume long ball times based on this stream.

#52 6 years ago

looks better than BM66 Imo

#53 6 years ago

Super Fast Ritchie Flow.....Lots to be happy about!

Agreeing on its comparison, sadly with BM66.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking that but I never saw him. He's a pro.

You should see ME play, man. It's like a clinic...

Quoted from mof:

Great game if you like stop n go and watching your friends have 25 minute ball times!

Only if your friends are Keith Elwin and one of the Sharpe brothers.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You should see ME play, man. It's like a clinic...

Only if your friends are Keith Elwin and one of the Sharpe brothers.

Imagine what Elwin would do on a Dialed In.

#56 6 years ago

They should pick up a random walking out of the stop n' shop down the road to play in between these guys. Would make me feel better for sure.

#57 6 years ago

Looks fast and probably fun, but this is like 1/10 as beautiful as STLE. I mean, its not even close.

#58 6 years ago

Archived stream link in case you missed it:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/156882185

#59 6 years ago

That was cool !

#60 6 years ago

He was fun to watch play tonight!

#61 6 years ago

I'll get the vid up to YouTube later tonight.
Thanks to everyone who tuned in!! Was super fun!

#62 6 years ago

Man am I glad I waited and didn't buy GB or AS. This game looks like it fk'n rocks!

#63 6 years ago

Nice job, game looks like a lot of fun and very deep. Outlanes look pretty deadly.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thank you!, the archives stream isn't working from mobile.0

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thought I was watching Peter Sarsgaard playing pinball.....

#66 6 years ago

I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe just not my type of game (from what I saw) but that part where you have to push a button to shoot all the fighters? Please - what a pain in the ass that would be after the fifth game. I don't know why gimmicks need to be put into pinball that play more like videogames. I don't mind a good video mode but mindless button mashing? I just didn't like what I saw.

As others said though, this thing will no doubt sell.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Best player in pinball, Keith Elwin. He works at Stern now as a designer (he is the guy who did the custom Archer pin as well).

Me and my 8-year-old daughter were watching him, she was blown away when he was stacking 3-4 balls on one flipper and working ramps with the other. So cool to watch.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe just not my type of game (from what I saw) but that part where you have to push a button to shoot all the fighters? Please - what a pain in the ass that would be after the fifth game. I don't know why gimmicks need to be put into pinball that play more like videogames. I don't mind a good video mode but mindless button mashing? I just didn't like what I saw.
As others said though, this thing will no doubt sell.

Well, there's one good thing about it: little kids that might want to play and aren't good at pinball can at least enjoy blowing up TIE fighters. Maybe you can disable it in software like the horrible GOT video mode.

#69 6 years ago

Archive from tonight's battle on @sternpinballinc STAR WARS Pinball.
Hold tight for higher quality options to show!

#70 6 years ago

Can't get it to play, you tube please!

#71 6 years ago

Gameplay looks awesome to me. Love the sounds and lighting. I wasn't too interested at first look but can't wait to play it now.

#72 6 years ago

I tried to watch the stream live, and ended up watching a circle going round and round trying to get it. So bummer. However, it's up on YouTube, so I finally get to see this things!

And if you watch on YouTube, the sync problem gets fixed a couple minutes in.

#73 6 years ago

Yeah I made note of the sync issue in the YouTube description with a link to skip the first 2 minutes.

Thanks for watching!

#74 6 years ago

Thanks for posting guys!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe just not my type of game (from what I saw) but that part where you have to push a button to shoot all the fighters? Please - what a pain in the ass that would be after the fifth game.

Man pushing a button is ruining pinball. As soon as there are two buttons I have to hit more than 30 times I'm retiring!!!

#76 6 years ago

Looks amazing. Can't wait for it to start shipping!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Great game if you like stop-n-go and watching your friends have 25 minute ball times!
Not my recipe for a fun evening, but this title will do very very well no doubt...
-mof

You mean control play? And 25 mins -- if your name is Keith Elwin...

#78 6 years ago

That looked crazy fast -- I bet it will be super hard on location.

Can't wait to try

Thank you for streaming...

#79 6 years ago

yes - DF. Thanks for streaming. Really enjoyed it (although game doesn't look like it's for me) and like when you do these premiers.

#80 6 years ago

In the future, I think the streams are better without the pros.

I stopped watching as they were just too good so it was going to ruin the game for myself to explore when ours arrives in a few weeks. I like the streams with just the regular folks and we get to see small snippits for the reveal videos and can concentrate on how the game shoots. Seemed they were in multiball so much that it was all just about the control play aspect (i.e. not playing the game how regular people do).

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I stopped watching as they were just too good so it was going to ruin the game for myself to explore when ours arrives in a few weeks. I like the streams with just the regular folks and we get to see small snippits for the reveal videos and can concentrate on how the game shoots. Seemed they were in multiball so much that it was all just about the control play aspect (i.e. not playing the game how regular people do).

but then who would tilt the table so hard it almost flips over? ; )

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I missed that part. lol, was that Josh or Kieth?

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He barely touched it.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

push a button to shoot all the fighters? Please - what a pain in the ass that would be after the fifth game. I don't know why gimmicks need to be put into pinball

I agree shooting the tie fighters would get old like after two games but somebody new to the hobby may enjoy it on location? This game is going to do well on location.

It looks like a flow monster and the light show is spectacular.

Concerned it could get old quick, chopping some wood after 20 games or so. TBD

Code could make or break this game

Quoted from Whysnow:

I stopped watching as they were just too good so it was going to ruin the game for myself to explore when ours arrives in a few weeks. I like the streams with just the regular folks and we get to see small snippits for the reveal videos and can concentrate on how the game shoots.

I actually really think Dead Flip does a great job with these reveal videos because he knows how to play well. Nobody wants to watch a novice player suck it up and drain quickly. It is nice to see the majority of features and the more the better. With zero to little marketing and video release from Stern, we need all we can get.

Great job Dead Flip, thanks for doing this!

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I missed that part. lol, was that Josh or Kieth?

It was the kid of the guy who is Mr. Pinball. Forgot his name. After he did that, one guy was like you know this isn't a tournament but we're just playing it. The machine basically moved off camera after he did it.

#86 6 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
It was a perfect storm that all this great players were there but it helped to see modes I know I couldn't get too right away.
It also helped Dwight notice a bunch of stuff he wanted to fix/change.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

#87 6 years ago

1s2ec8 (resized).jpg1s2ec8 (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I stopped watching as they were just too good so it was going to ruin the game for myself to explore when ours arrives in a fe.

If you don't want to "spoil" the game don't watch any streams. Seems pretty simple.

People who do want to watch this stuff are better served by watching good players.

#89 6 years ago

I stopped watching after I got a "taste", no need to see far in the game. I love that Keith was there though, I'm sure those that love to watch good game play and see far into the game were very satisfied. I think he will be a great asset to Stern.

#90 6 years ago

Think it's safe to say that this will be Sterns best selling modern game. I look forward to playing it!

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you don't want to "spoil" the game don't watch any streams. Seems pretty simple.
People who do want to watch this stuff are better served by watching good players.

reveal streams are more fun without people needing to drain so they dont show the uncoded wizard mode. Sorry, just MHO.

I love these deadflip streams but there was so much continual gameplay that it did not seem to allow much time for Dwight to talk about stuff or interact with the crowd. That is the fun insight most are looking for at this stage when evaluating to buy, not how to beat the game on day 1.

I am guessing you were the guy that whipped out your game genie before even playing your new games to bugger in the cheat codes

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

reveal streams are more fun without people needing to drain so they dont show the uncoded wizard mode. Sorry, just MHO.
I love these deadflip streams but there was so much continual gameplay that it did not seem to allow much time for Dwight to talk about stuff or interact with the crowd. That is the fun insight most are looking for at this stage when evaluating to buy, not how to beat the game on day 1.
I am guessing you were the guy that whipped out your game genie before even playing your new games to bugger in the cheat codes

I didn't watch the stream. Preview streams don't interest me. I'll see the game when I play it like every other new game.

And I already played it 3 weeks ago and I'll see it again at pintastic this weekend.

Just having trouble with the "wish the reveal video was played by shitty players" angle

but different strokes for different folks.

And what's a "game genie?"

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The only problem with having the top elite players stream is now everyone thinks the game has long ball times and simply dismiss the fact that all the other players were playing for less than a few minutes

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The only problem with having the top elite players stream is now everyone thinks the game has long ball times and simply dismiss the fact that all the other players were playing for less than a few minutes

Tennis is too easy. I mean, Serena Williams has won the US open like 8 times!

#95 6 years ago

Curious if the guy in the beginning of the stream was a top player bc he had a monster game? I thought i heard he worked for stern doing the harnesses?

#96 6 years ago

Thanks DeadFlip & Stern for getting this preview game play out for everyone. It's always nice to kick back and get an idea of what is coming soon to a location near you. I'm looking forward to playing this one.

#97 6 years ago

I am sure others noticed, but on the Hoth modes, when two modes where running at once, Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters started to appear on the screen, as the screen/video was from the cockpit of a Snowspeeder flying over Hoth, I guess that is just a glitch?

Thought the cockpits changing depending on what mode your in was awesome and a great touch of detail

#98 6 years ago

Extremely petty feedback: The selections on the 'mystery' where R2 is rotating the interface port thing should have some sort of a rotation based animation, not the goofy zooming square box. GOSH.

#99 6 years ago

The issue isn't the players, it is how the machine was setup for play, on normal slope, ball saves, extra balls, outlanes at normal, very generous tilts. Any top 100 player would blow up that machine (not that I am saying that Keith and Josh aren't exceptional players, but the top 100 players are all very good). It is great to see all the modes and gameplay, but it is pretty boring to watch when a guy get multiball after multiball and extra balls after extra balls. When you invite these calibre of players to a stream like this you need to adjust the machine accordingly or you will see them blow up the machine like you seen today.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Curious if the guy in the beginning of the stream was a top player bc he had a monster game? I thought i heard he worked for stern doing the harnesses?

I guess you have never had a good game with one ball that was decently long?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-live-on-dead-flip-tonight/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.