Topic Stats

• 582 posts
  • 177 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

meatballs (resized).jpg
91bkZ+cUxfL__AA1500_ (resized).jpg
rick-springfield-linda-blair-27222 (resized).jpg
Freddy (resized).jpg
da bomb.gif
the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg
AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg
2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg
fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg
1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg
salma-hayek-big-screen-achievement-awards-at-cinemacon-las-vegas-3-30-2017-1_thumbnail (resized).jpg
Salma-Hayek (resized).jpg
IMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6340 (resized).JPG
tenor (resized).png
thisisspinaltap_rocknrollcreation_FC_470x264_062020170229 (resized).jpg

There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 1 year ago

So we're basically confirming some pinball enthusiasts are out of touch with mainstream. There is a big shock.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

So we're basically confirming some pinball enthusiasts are out of touch with mainstream.

If they've never seen F+F movie or know how many have been made, I'd say so.

#503 1 year ago

But instead of insulting you or calling you ignorant, for those that have never heard of it or paid attention, here is some info-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fast_and_the_Furious

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they've never seen F+F movie or know how many have been made, I'd say so.

I'm aware of the franchise and know they had a new movie recently but I've never seen one and never will, that's not due to me being out of touch with mainstream, just have zero time for the concept, its like saying if you have never been to a Beyonce concert then where have been under a rock? I would rather be under a giant boulder gasping for air than go to a Beyonce concert. Odin I want you to please relax and be patient, its coming, I can feel it.

1134609_121211104417_justin-bieber-believe-album-cover-500x500 (resized).jpg

#505 1 year ago

I dont have cable/satellite so no commericals

I listen to Spotify, not the radio, so no commercials

I use an app to check my email so no banner ads

I have a legit theater in my basement so I never go to a public theater. I piss away my 120" on documentaries about space, food & travel. Every once in a while we watch a movie but its via digital copy because I am too lazy to grab the disc so no previews lol.

I seriously didnt know about GOTG until a few days ago & it was all thanks to Pinside

This is for real. IDGAF about much of anything other than food, Golden Tee, my kids & pinball.

I dont even watch sports, gasp!

My point is maybe Odin is serious. Prolly not but maybe.

#506 1 year ago

Bieber's old news now. But think of the possibilities. Run over the paparazzi bash toy. Gathering of the groupies multiball. I could go on..

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I seriously didnt know about GOTG until a few days ago & it was all thanks to Pinside

That would make you just another ignorant bastard! You are supposed to know everything about every rumored "dream" theme on this website or don't bother to show your face around here Curly.

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm aware of the franchise and know they had a new movie recently but I've never seen one and never will, that's not due to me being out of touch with mainstream, just have zero time for the concept

If Kurt can make time for the concept then certainly you can too.

fast-and-furious-8-kurt-russell-scott-eastwood-and-dwayne-johnson (resized).jpg

#509 1 year ago

Please let's not have a vote on what the general populations best theme for a pinball machine would be. Chances are we would end up with an I am Cait or a Keeping up with the Kardashian's pinball. Sorry guys I feel the end is near.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

That would make you just another ignorant bastard! You are supposed to know everything about every rumored "dream" theme on this website or don't bother to show your face around here Curly.

I often find out about movies via licensed art on a paper Burger King cup lol.

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Please let's not have a vote on what the general populations best theme for a pinball machine would be. Chances are we would end up with an I am Cait or a Keeping up with the Kardashian's pinball. Sorry guys I feel the end is near.

Let's just hope it's not Garglers of the Galaxie. please.

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I'd really like to know is how anyone with the internet, TV, or radio does not know an 8th Fast and Furious movie was released this year called The Fate of the Furious with the kind of money it raked in at the box office.

Some of us try to tune out the endless zero creativity sequels that pour out of hollywood. But we sorta know... no Paul Walker, even more unbelievable stunts and Rock and Vin.

Thrilling And yeah I've seen every one on cable at some point.

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kurt just has his hand out. If I had the same cash to offer him he's be in one of my home movies. He's certainly not in it for the "art".

I don't mean to sound so down on the "franchise" (like a Burger King). They're enjoyable... you know what you'll get before you even sit down but... well that's about it.

But I know yer a car guy so that would explain your hard on for the series Nothing wrong with that. Stern could certainly
try their hand at not mucking up this theme as well as any.

#514 1 year ago

There will be no multiball for this title.

2017-08-07-19-25-17- (resized).jpg

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought Kurt did great job in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I was amazed to hear that for the 80's flashback scene with Kurt it was 90% makeup and only 10% CGI.

AP-Kurt-Russell-Marvel-hb-170529 (resized).jpg

#516 1 year ago

I had no idea Kurt was in that movie. He was awesome in Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. Shows how not up on things I really am.

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Kurt it was 90% makeup and only 10% CGI.

Dang, if they can pull that off let's have him do another Snake Plissken sequel!

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had no idea Kurt was in that movie. He was awesome in Computer Wore Tennis Shoes. Shows how not up on things I really am.

It was an impressive makeup job:

“My makeup man is a guy named Dennis Liddiard,” Russell explains, winding up for a great tale of classic technique trumping C.G.I. evil. “We’ve done 28 movies together. On the day we were going to start shooting a couple of these flashback scenes, he said [to producers], ‘Hey guys, I know his face really well, and I’ve got a lot of tricks in my bag. I can age him down a lot. Would that be helpful to you?’ They said, ‘Yeah. Anything you could do makes it easier for us.’

”And when he finished, it was so amazing,” Russell continues, excited at the recent memory. “We got the hair right, which was important and not easy. We got the makeup right. Then we got the wardrobe on, and I just said, ‘Wait a minute. This is great.’ ”

Russell was so blown away that he snapped a photo of himself. “I sent it to Goldie and the kids, and they were kind of amazed,” Russell says. “So what you see onscreen is really a mix of that.”

Its a fun movie you should check it out if you get a chance.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

another Snake Plissken sequel!

Quoted from ASOA:

Tango & Cash !!!!!!!!

The Barefoot Executive!

the-barefoot-executive-DI-01-1 (resized).jpg

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Its a fun movie you should check it out if you get a chance.

Great film, not quite as good as the first but still one of the best Marvel films, supposedly its next from Stern, I hope they do the theme justice!

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great film, not quite as good as the first but still one of the best Marvel films, supposedly its next from Stern, I hope they do the theme justice!

Is it the front runner for the rumored Keith Elwin Archer layout?

#523 1 year ago

I like the way some of you guys can actually clue people in to what a movie or theme is all about without throwing out insults to those that don't know.

It is actually a better way to spark some interest. It's been a long hot day at work, now it's time to go. Toodalooo.

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think so. I didn't pay attention to the layout. Any pics?

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

Maybe cause not everyone loves bash toys as much as you do???

Nonsense.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now when a Fast and Furious ad comes on, it always gets my attention. Saw Furious 7 for the first time yesterday and it was excellent.

Really? Are you being facetious? I can't tell.
I tend to be grounded in physics, so unless defying the laws of physics can be explained away like in The Matrix, I tend to discount such movies.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Really? Are you being facetious? I can't tell.

Really.
I watch movies to be entertained and believe it or not I can tell that some of the things that happen in them can only be created in a place like Hollywood.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's what keeps getting posted in various Stern threads, its also why I think SW might have been so bare, maybe save a little money on this title to spend a little more on the next? Keith's Archer does looked packed with stuff and the layout is just awesome, love the shot off the upper right flipper that can only be hit with the left upper flip held up and the inner loops. If Stern produce it at Prem/LE level in its complete form it will be one of Sterns most loaded games to date.

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's what keeps getting posted in various Stern threads, its also why I think SW might have been so bare, maybe save a little money on this title to spend a little more on the next?

That backfires if nobody wants to buy SW.

#530 1 year ago

F&F might be bordering on the absurd these days, FF5 was easily the best and not too out there, the bank vault scene was so good you could excuse its physic defying craziness, 6 pushed it with the worlds longest runway and 7 pushed it probably a little too far with Vin & Rock close to superhero territory.

But a lot of the scenes would translate to pinball perfectly, from the first time I saw SW I thought it would have been a great layout for a F&F pin, super fast and brutal and no real need for playfield toys just speed and maybe a magnet or two and ramps with diverters ala the shadow instead of pops.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

nobody wants to buy SW.

The top pinside dream theme ever? You're kidding right.

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That backfires if nobody wants to buy SW.

Wouldn't be the first decision Stern has done that doesn't make an ounce of sense from where we are standing.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Really.
I watch movies to be entertained and believe it or not I can tell that some of the things that happen in them can only be created in a place like Hollywood.

So when two cars play chicken each drivin in excess of 50mph and hit head on (100mph impact) the two drivers just get out of their cars and brush it off? Naw, I just can't abide that.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So when two cars play chicken each drivin in excess of 50mph and hit head on (100mph impact) the two drivers just get out of their cars and brush it off? Naw, I just can't abide that.

Do you believe they could blow up the death star and darth vader could just walk away?

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you believe they could blow up the death star and darth vader could just walk away?

He had a specially equipped long range Tie fighter. He escaped to the nearest planet system. And he is strong with the force. When the Death Star blew up he was spinning away from it and at a safe distance from the shockwave.

#536 1 year ago

I guess that sounds more real than two cars in a head on collision.

#537 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess that sounds more real than two cars in a head on collision.

It absolutely does.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It absolutely does.

Then I'm going to get in my Romulan war bird and cause them force people a whole bunch of headaches and they will regret the day they ever entered Klingon space!

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then I'm going to get in my Romulan war bird and cause them force people a whole bunch of headaches and they will regret the day they ever entered Klingon space!

A Star Wars/Star Trek crossover? I like it. Just as long as your Romulan war bird doesn't hit the Millenium falcon head on while each is traveling over 50 miles per parsec, and you and Han walk away unscathed. Because if that happens, I'm out.
Edit: assuming near equal masses of course.

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

50/50 - I am a firefighter here in the UK and I have driven towards some crashes and collisions you would instantly think the occupants are unfortunately dead yet once we take a close look you a literally gob smacked the people in the car are trapped but with nothing more than a few cuts and bruises.

Went to a crash involving a BMW earlier this year, it hit a tree at about 60mph (there isn't much you can hit that is worse than a big tree, they do not move a single mm) car was in two halves and the rear half had been thrown into the front half, yet the guy was inside practically under his dash but we got him out and he walked himself out onto a stretcher.

Quoted from o-din:

Never seen a Death Star blow up at work but I have genuinly seen a guy in a car crash dressed as Darth Vader last Halloween.

#541 1 year ago

Throw some drinks in me and ill give you the 6 hour rundown on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Gotta be Sharknado!

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Common misconception, it's just a 50mph impact. The collision at 50 mph into an object with no give IE a concrete wall and the impact into another car traveling at 50mph is the exact same force.

Although I still couldn't get out of a car after driving it into a wall at 50mph though....

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn't be the first decision Stern has done that doesn't make an ounce of sense from where we are standing.

You can't just change your avatar like that j85m !

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Common misconception, it's just a 50mph impact. The collision at 50 mph into an object with no give IE a concrete wall and the impact into another car traveling at 50mph is the exact same force.
Although I still couldn't get out of a car after driving it into a wall at 50mph though....

You're correct. I realized that shortly after I typed it, but wanted to see if anyone would catch that rather than point out my mistake. Honestly though, those cars appeared to be going quite a bit over 50mph in the movie and came to an instant stop like hitting a brick wall. One of the cars is from late 60s/early 70's. No airbag or crumple zones. And he just got out and started fighting and running.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

50/50 - I am a firefighter here in the UK and I have driven towards some crashes and collisions you would instantly think the occupants are unfortunately dead yet once we take a close look you a literally gob smacked the people in the car are trapped but with nothing more than a few cuts and bruises.
Went to a crash involving a BMW earlier this year, it hit a tree at about 60mph (there isn't much you can hit that is worse than a big tree, they do not move a single mm) car was in two halves and the rear half had been thrown into the front half, yet the guy was inside practically under his dash but we got him out and he walked himself out onto a stretcher.

I guess I stand corrected. I owe Odin an apology. Fast and Furious is completely plausible and is the best movie(s) ever.

Kinda ironic that it's Star hit a rather small tree, and didn't get out and walk away.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Kinda ironic that it's Star hit a rather small tree, and didn't get out and walk away.

He wasn't driving. And it's a real shame. I've only seen up to 7 and it was a great tribute to the man. I don't know if it will ever be the same without him.

#548 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can't just change your avatar like that j85m !

Didn't think anyone would notice

Had to show my BM66 loyalty for the upcoming code, plus it was time for a change, it will go back once I start my Goldeneye restore.

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's what keeps getting posted in various Stern threads, its also why I think SW might have been so bare, maybe save a little money on this title to spend a little more on the next? Keith's Archer does looked packed with stuff and the layout is just awesome, love the shot off the upper right flipper that can only be hit with the left upper flip held up and the inner loops. If Stern produce it at Prem/LE level in its complete form it will be one of Sterns most loaded games to date.

I don't think Keith is next...
My money is on John T next

#550 1 year ago

Anybody notice that in this Star Wars thread the last pages are only about the next Stern ??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Orange, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 62.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.99
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 50.00
$ 106.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 159.99
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Salem, NH
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 582 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside