(Topic ID: 158692)

Star Wars LE with LCD Screen in November...

By eggbert52

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

055b744ebcf80e5902229882778a6edc5df5896f.jpeg
    starwarsjaws_(resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20160430-173604_(resized).png

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, MMr is not their problem. They are just assembling it. When CGC has the parts there and ready for assembly it will be assembled. They will not delay their own seminal releases for MMr.
    As for the others, exactly how many back orders from distributors do you believe they may have? There is pent up demand, sure, but even with GB do we believe the back orders are over 4,000 games in total at this moment in time? If so, and that would really surprise me, do you think it is over 5,000 games?
    Stern isn't going to go into Expo in October with Ghostbusters being their newest game. That just isn't going to happen.

So in other words what you're saying is, it absolutely is their problem and they are manufacturing it in the same way that they do their own games. As has been gone into at length many times, they make practically nothing except wiring looms in-house, so parts being oursourced for MMr is no different than any of their own games. Further, they have a contract with CGC .. I doubt it allows them to stop building them entirely or continually halt production because it suits their own needs.

Nowhere remotely near 4000. But I don't for a minute think with their current issues they're going to clear a backlog any time soon.

If they're still languishing with curtailed production, they'd be unwise to even announce a VE for Expo, let alone an all new title.

The production problem rumours began last autumn. The obviously very real problems don't show any sign of being alleviated yet. I'm not sure why you think they'll disappear and the factory will suddenly begin working at nominal efficiency or production numbers.

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Star Wars in March 2017 based on Episodes IV, V and VI. This is what I had heard.

I hope that's wrong... Would hate to want another machine so soon after GB. Was hoping for one themed after the new movies to squash my desire for one. ??

#103 7 years ago

a March 2017 release of a Star Wars based on 4/5/6 movies will KILL it in sales....time for people to recoup after GB money spent...as long as it is done with great art and such it will likely top the GB hype...just another opinion tho!

#104 7 years ago

It will be based on episode 7, TFA printed money for Disney faster than they could spend it financing rogue one and episode 8, Disney is one of the biggest and richest companies in the world for a reason they don't miss a trick when it comes to merchandising, if anything we will get two SW pins or maybe something like WWE, where the LE will be an original trilogy (Legends) theme?

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

a March 2017 release of a Star Wars based on 4/5/6 movies will KILL it in sales....time for people to recoup after GB money spent...as long as it is done with great art and such it will likely top the GB hype...just another opinion tho!

Yeah, I know....

055b744ebcf80e5902229882778a6edc5df5896f.jpeg055b744ebcf80e5902229882778a6edc5df5896f.jpeg

#106 7 years ago

They (the sternos and disbags) are gonna milk the sh@t out of this theme and f@ck themselves is the process. Charging us more for technology that is cheaper to produce because WoW! It's an LCfuckinD. I guarantee pro has no lcd and you gotta pay prem/le for it. Not 10k but 9k by April 1. Just give us quality color dots, let us play pinball and quick jerking are aortas please.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

They (the sternos and disbags) are gonna milk the sh@t out of this theme and f@ck themselves is the process. Charging us more for technology that is cheaper to produce because WoW! It's an LCfuckinD. I guarantee pro has no lcd and you gotta pay prem/le for it. Not 10k but 9k by April 1. Just give us quality color dots, let us play pinball and quick jerking are aortas please.

They'd be out of their minds to do LCD on Premium & LE, and DMD on Pros. Which ever LCD solution they choose, it absolutely won't be a costly one; this is Stern in 2016/17 we're talking about - it'll be as cheap as they can feasibly make it. DMD for Pro and LCD for other would just unnecessarily increase sunk costs, cause confusion and ill will, and no doubt increase the number of returned games when people realise they'd ordered a DMD game when they thought they were getting LCD. Maybe they put a better LCD in the Premiums & LEs, but again I rather doubt it ... they'll want to get by with the bare minimum.

But if you don't want to buy a pinball machine which has been hugely cost cut, allowing obscene margins for the manufacturer, then simply don't buy any new Stern machines. As long as people keep lapping up the increasingly costly, but simultaneously lower build quality and feature bereft machines (with much lower bill of materials) they put out, then they won't change. Simple.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Can't say I would be too excited about a SW pin. I grew up with the original trilogy but seems like a pin should be based on one of the latest movies. Original SW trilogy has been done to death in video games, merchandising, and already a pin. Aerosmith lol good luck with that.

But there have been zero good Star Wars pins based on the original movie(s). I would hope SOMEONE could get it right eventually.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But there have been zero good Star Wars pins based on the original movie(s). I would hope SOMEONE could get it right eventually.

Your opinion.

#110 7 years ago

Of course. That goes without saying, but it doesn't mean many people don't share that opinion.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

The movie just got so ruined for me when Kylo Ren took off his mask and turned from a bad ass villain into JP from grandmas boy

Darth Wannabe, whose ass was kicked by an untrained girl who 30 minutes earlier believed the force was fantasy.

#112 7 years ago

Didn't care for the new one, grew up on 4, 5 and 6 and really liked the 3rd one, revenge of the sith.

1 week later
    #113 7 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Book it. Flame me if you want but my sources are good. Probably not new news but wanted to share nonetheless.

Have you heard anything else about Star Wars.Pin bud?... just curious

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

I hope that's wrong... Would hate to want another machine so soon after GB. Was hoping for one themed after the new movies to squash my desire for one. ??

You will have to wait for one based on the new movies after episode 9 is out.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

They'd be out of their minds to do LCD on Premium & LE, and DMD on Pros. Which ever LCD solution they choose, it absolutely won't be a costly one; this is Stern in 2016/17 we're talking about - it'll be as cheap as they can feasibly make it. DMD for Pro and LCD for other would just unnecessarily increase sunk costs, cause confusion and ill will, and no doubt increase the number of returned games when people realise they'd ordered a DMD game when they thought they were getting LCD. Maybe they put a better LCD in the Premiums & LEs, but again I rather doubt it ... they'll want to get by with the bare minimum.
    But if you don't want to buy a pinball machine which has been hugely cost cut, allowing obscene margins for the manufacturer, then simply don't buy any new Stern machines. As long as people keep lapping up the increasingly costly, but simultaneously lower build quality and feature bereft machines (with much lower bill of materials) they put out, then they won't change. Simple.

1000 thumbs up. I also believe all 3 models will carry the LCD.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-with-lcd-screen-in-november/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.