IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I'm really debating on it. I wish gameplay footage was out to help decide. I really keep thinking about a dialed in instead, or waiting for jjp4. Jjp offers far more value imo at same price as a stern Le. Once gameplay is shown, I may be thrilled to get it. We'll see.

1 week later
#34 6 years ago

I just cancelled mine. I'm not in love with the game. At the Le and premium price, it has to have a WOW factor for me, and I don't have that with SW. Hopefully code cleans up some if the mess in the LCD, but the playfield just got to boring for me. I want a machine that's beautiful, fun, unique layout, innovative, and great rules. I don't see that here. Believe me, it really is disappointing as my family has been waiting for our favorite all time theme SW a long time. If code gets a lot better, I may consider the premium down the road. Otherwise, I'll look at other great games and just watch all the movie clips on my Blu Ray for my SW fix. Hoping it gets better though. Just my personal opinion.

#70 6 years ago

Gamefields are exactly the same. It's literally just a different art package and some siderail that will probably be options from modders later on. With $1300+ savings by getting a premium, I can do color dmds in my other games and plenty of great mods I've been wanting to do. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

2 weeks later
#111 6 years ago

LEs obviously still pretty available for some reason. I just had a distributor solicit me asking if I was still interested. I wasn't on his wait list either BTW, but simply asked prices a couple months ago. Told him I wasn't interested at that price and lack of features. Anyway, good news for people wanting one and more than likely price may be lower than expected.

#117 6 years ago

As much as I keep wanting to like SW, it seems like more and more negative reviews pop up. I got out of my le, and I really don't regret it at all. It's sad to say, but I'm truly disappointed on this long awaited title.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean it's just going to the same with a toy tacked here and there and No Fear accelerator right? Doesn't seem like a mind blowing diff'rence like when we were all waiting to see the magno-slings does it?

This is exactly correct. Same game, same shots, but hyper loop to loop balls around. Will be a cool gimmick for awhile, but eventually it doesn't change gameplay at all. I'm going to hold off until I can play a premium before deciding anything. I really think that's the best plan when it comes to any nib anymore at these crazy prices.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No need to keep beating yourself up Kong, best plan is always to wait, play it, let code develop, and pick one up much cheaper on the secondary market

Agreed ice. I'm happy I cancelled my Le and have no pressure now. I'm just anxious to see the premium play, but still doubting it blows me away enough to get one. We'll see though.

Quoted from kermit24:

I cancelled my LE and switched to a premium. I am torn because the LE art package is the best to me, but not good enough to justify the price difference. To not include a shaker motor on at $8,500+ pinball machine is shameful.
I would switch back if there was a more compelling benefit to the LE.

This is exactly what I feel. Glad I'm out on Le, but I definitely prefer the looks of the Le over premium. Cost difference doesn't make any sense, and I'm definitely not in love with gameplay footage either, so I can't spend$8500 on that. Premium will be available for years, so no pressure.

#142 6 years ago

I have zero problem with Le and premium playfields being the same. My issues with the Le was the half ass side rails that DON'T light up yet look like they should, no shaker, no backglass, no hd glass, and no hyper light kit installed behind a translite designed for special lighting effects. These are all items that stern will gladly sell you after the fact. On top of that, the playfield is about as bare and boring as I've ever seen. Can the game still be fun? Sure. Is it a cash grab due to the big name license? Absolutely. I backed out completely for two reasons. The game looks way too stripped down especially for the cost and quality of license. Second, because it feels like stern didn't put as much into it because of the SW license carrying it, and that honestly irritated me. While I am considering an AS currently instead, I will say any future stern titles need to really wow me if I'm ever buying a nib stern again. AS and GB lead me to believe SW would be epic, and it's obviously not.

#164 6 years ago

I don't think there's some sort of emergency going on or anything, but something isn't right with this titles le pre orders. SW should never have had any problem selling out. Yeah, stern is sold out, but only to distributors that were anticipating a license that would command high prices. I literally had a distributor call me out of the blue this week offering me an LE at a lower price than he would go a month or so ago. They literally are asking us to take them at a discount. LMAO. I was nice about it, and told him no thanks. Explained the lack of features for the price and the fact that the game overall was unfortunately a huge disappointment to me. I can't even begin explaining my disappointment with SW. I'm sure many will love it, and good for them. I tried, but it's not happening. Obviously something isn't clicking with the Le though for many early pre order people. Hopefully stern heard our concerns and adjust accordingly. I really thought they were on track with GB and AS. Oh well. It's only pinball right?

#177 6 years ago

I was quoted over a month ago at $9k. The call I got the other day was offering it at $8495 shipped from that same distributor. I've found as low as $8300 when I was looking after a return customer credit elsewhere. I was just laughing because when is the last time a distributor called you out of the blue to lower an LE price by $500? Obviously they aren't selling as expected. I was originally in on one from a newer distributor who was getting only one Le. When I went to try to pay on it, he backed out on me and told me he was going to list it on auction instead now, thinking it would bring huge money and would be hard to get because it's SW. I'm chuckling at him now because not only was he wrong about the value/demand of the Le, but he also lost a pretty good customer at the same time. Just saying the Le isn't what everyone thought it was going to be.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would think that is cool if a distro offers me a game. Tell them "thanks let me think about it.", even if you are not Interested. Why not keep a line on one if there is no video and Or you did not play a pro yet?
It is a lot of money even for a pro so if you are not sure then definitely hold off or pass. Totally ok. Complaining and thinking you are so cool to pass - eh kind of lame.

I agree with this and typically I would keep a line in the water. I knew for sure I was out on the Le regardless of a small discount though. I thanked him for the offer, and explained my reasons for not spending the extra on the Le. I think it's important to voice a fair opinion on the lack of le features so stern will continue to hear us. It's not the distributors fault that the value isn't there.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...your initial quote was a ripoff. The second quote was the standard price. $8300 is a great price...if that's including shipping.
This game will go the way of GOT LE...they'll eventually sell out once people get their hands on it and start playing it. It'll just take a while.
But Stern's plan of taking the money from people up front, rather than watching people make money on their products on the secondary market (like TRON LE) seems to be working. The LEs are eventually selling out (albeit more slowly with every price hike), and secondary sales are getting less money than retail, which is exactly what Stern wanted to see, IMO.
Another price hike and I think they'll have reached the tipping point with most buyers - we're already seeing it with this title.

I agree with this. It was just interesting how some distributors were holding to the 9k price at first, and have now realized that the game demand isn't high enough to command that price. It's just interesting is all, and just shows that the Le needed more to it.

1 week later
#236 6 years ago

Last night definitely solidified my decision to back out of my le. Game looks nice, but price is ridiculously out of line for what you get. Hyper loop and cracked egg were very underwhelming. Game would be fun for awhile I think, but not worth price of admission.

2 weeks later
#587 6 years ago

Right call refusing that. Dang.

2 months later
#1030 6 years ago

Thoughts on code depth and lastability after owners have had a few months now? Considering a premium still, but don't want something lacking enough depth to hold onto long term. Thoughts appreciated.

1 week later
#1034 6 years ago

Does the game have enough variety in it to keep from feeling repetitive?

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

As long as JJP PotC is not ready SW has more variety than any other game out there in my opninion.

That's the two games I've narrowed it down to. Both look great, and I love both themes. Family wants potc, I kind of want SW. Tough choice. I'll be playing the most after novelty wears off as usual.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.