IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 6 years ago

Having followed a number of Stern LE launches this one really seems different. Not sure I have heard so many people be in and now be out. I just wonder who is still in compared to who was in and since dropped out compared to who wants in... Is there anyone who wants in and has not been able to find one? It would seem many more have dropped out on their LEs then I remember ever before.

#2 6 years ago

Was in, changed to AFMr LE. Sorry Stern, the lack of value turned me off. Probably pick up a used premium later after I play of course, but Stern is losing a new sale from me regardless. No skin off missing on the LE on this, vs. Sterns a number of previous LE titles or even AFM LE. Those titles offer something extra for your money. I'm not going to support their current business model, period.

#3 6 years ago

I'm really debating on it. I wish gameplay footage was out to help decide. I really keep thinking about a dialed in instead, or waiting for jjp4. Jjp offers far more value imo at same price as a stern Le. Once gameplay is shown, I may be thrilled to get it. We'll see.

#4 6 years ago

My choice wasn't in the poll.
I am in on the SWLE,but waiting for game play video.

Decide after I see it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My choice wasn't in the poll.
I am in on the SWLE,but waiting for game play video.
Decide after I see it.

That would be choice #3 then because if you aren't in for good then you are still thinking you COULD be out. That is my choice right now as well.

#6 6 years ago

I guess it is,lol

#7 6 years ago

Not in, never in, don't want to be in.

#8 6 years ago

Its Star Wars! How can they mess it up, Im in for an LE.

#9 6 years ago

I was looking for an LE spot and couldn't find any LE's available without a major markup following the announcement. Since then I've decided on a Premium subject to seeing the gameplay. Every time I think about looking for an open LE spot, I go back to the fact that I just like the premium art package better and there's no other draw to the LE.

#10 6 years ago

Was in. Got out and I'm relieved for now to not have to worry about making a spot for it.

Might get a Premium, later, after playing it and after something else starts feeling stale enough to flip.

#11 6 years ago

As a dealer I can honestly say I am excited about this one. I wish my allotment was higher.

-Jerry

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I was looking for an LE spot and couldn't find any LE's available without a major markup following the announcement. Since then I've decided on a Premium subject to seeing the gameplay. Every time I think about looking for an open LE spot, I go back to the fact that I just like the premium art package better and there's no other draw to the LE.

This is spot on. I like the premium art more than the LE and when the premium is finally made, we will know whether it is a good game or not.

#13 6 years ago

When you say a lot of folks are "dropping out" that should mean a lot the dealers have pins from their allotments left to sell, but how many delaers still have them available at Sterns minimum pricing level? Also to drop out you actually have to be in in the first place. If you were on the call list for an LE from a dealer that does not make you "in" on one in my book. If you have your depsosit down then you are in. I am not really hearing anyone say they got their deposit back. Maybe after seeing gameplay they will, but you really think a lot folks are going to see SW gameplay and pull their deposits? I dont know.

From what I hear, if you are at Sterns lowest price level with a deposit and want to drop out your dealer will have absolutely no problem with it and sell it for a little more to someone else, if not that same day within the next couple of weeks. I think dealers are not concerned that they will have a problem selling out their remaining LE's and at higher then the Stern floor also.

#14 6 years ago

Who/how many droppet out? LEs are impossible to find in Europe at this time. All LEs are gone.
Is it easy to get one in the US? LE model?

#15 6 years ago

What do you mean with impossible ?
Still available

http://www.parts4pinballs.com/sw-le/

#16 6 years ago

No. LE is sold out. Also at freddys pinball paradise

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Not in, never in, don't want to be in.

Survey not for you- there is no option for this.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

When you say a lot of folks are "dropping out" that should mean a lot the dealers have pins from their allotments left to sell, but how many delaers still have them available at Sterns minimum pricing level? Also to drop out you actually have to be in in the first place. If you were on the call list for an LE from a dealer that does not make you "in" on one in my book. If you have your depsosit down then you are in. I am not really hearing anyone say they got their deposit back. Maybe after seeing gameplay they will, but you really think a lot folks are going to see SW gameplay and pull their deposits? I dont know.
From what I hear, if you are at Sterns lowest price level with a deposit and want to drop out your dealer will have absolutely no problem with it and sell it for a little more to someone else, if not that same day within the next couple of weeks. I think dealers are not concerned that they will have a problem selling out their remaining LE's and at higher then the Stern floor also.

If you were in at a dealer regardless of whether they require a deposit or not, this makes you IN for this survey since that dealer still has reserved a spot for you. If you then decide to drop out or are thinking to drop out, the survey still works...

However as above I would prefer that those who were never in and never want in on an LE don't answer but of course no way to control that.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

No. LE is sold out. Also at freddys pinball paradise

The LE can still be bought.I tried "add to cart" and was then told to "proceed to checkout" to complete the purchase.
Orderd the premium since i didn't like the art package the same day the different models was added to their website.

When i bought Ghostbusters LE,it was only available 4-5 days and after that you could be added to a waiting list if one were to become available.

#19 6 years ago

I wish i could afford a pro, so i did not vote. But if you are able to buy pinball machines you got to have this one i think. LE!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Its Star Wars! How can they mess it up, Im in for an LE.

Well, there are already 3 or more Star Wars pin out. None of them are close to a home run.

#21 6 years ago

Second game in a row from stern that I have not been excited about.

Great titles. Wish it was done better .

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Second game in a row from stern that I have not been excited about.
Great titles. Wish it was done better .

I mean it will probably not be as good as a $3500 DE SW, but......

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Survey not for you- there is no option for this.

If you were in at a dealer regardless of whether they require a deposit or not, this makes you IN for this survey since that dealer still has reserved a spot for you. If you then decide to drop out or are thinking to drop out, the survey still works...
However as above I would prefer that those who were never in and never want in on an LE don't answer but of course no way to control that.

What dealers let you reserve a SW LE with no deposit?

I don't recall any game having a waiting list just in case a pin was ever announced either.
SW was the only LE where folks could be on a call list and then pass once deposits were collected, so if that is what you mean in your survey as "dropping out" then sure, but only because SW is the first LE to do a list to call for the dealers.

So no wonder why you think so many folks are "dropping out" on SWLE.

But yes it is a lot of money and only has a few more add ins compared to a Prem. So yeah maybe drop out, but I would hang in to see more gameplay.

I am in on an LE and will see video game play and go from there.

#25 6 years ago

Supposedly the Death Star explosion on the LE is wild. I can't wait to see. I hope it is. I always root for good pinball. It is hard for me to be overly critical. There have been very few pinball machines that I didn't like when my fingers are on the buttons. Heck I even like Raven as long as I'm not looking at the translite.

-J

#26 6 years ago

LEs are readily available here in the UK so I will wait to see some footage before I decide to purchase one as I'm interested in a few NIB pins at the moment and as it will be my first NIB pin so I want to make sure I get it right

#27 6 years ago

Tho has LES in the U.K. For sale?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

LEs are readily available here in the UK

Where are they available from? Pinball Heaven I believe have sold out their allocation and not sure of any other Stern dealers that Electocoin supply.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Supposedly the Death Star explosion on the LE is wild. I can't wait to see. I hope it is. I always root for good pinball. It is hard for me to be overly critical. There have been very few pinball machines that I didn't like when my fingers are on the buttons. Heck I even like Raven as long as I'm not looking at the translite.
-J

Gotta be sound/lighting off the charts, because mechanically it pops open like an egg!

#30 6 years ago

I started loosing interest in the LE's when they starting cutting back on the features. I mean on this one all the LE has over the Premium is the side rails and 3 translites? I liked it better back when they did it right like with Star Trek LE, I'm the proud owner of one of those. But these days with game play being in question (See Batman) and code being weak (See, well see a lot....Kiss, Batman to name a few). With all that it's too risky to pick one up without mature code and seeing the final product, and by then the Premium makes sense since the LE's don't really have anything worth going crazy over anymore. Instead I do look very much forward to my AFMr LE, which does deliver on every penny spent.....The Topper....Side Blades.....Extra LED's in the saucers.....all over the SE for what $700 more? Now that's value delivered.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I started loosing interest in the LE's when they starting cutting back on the features. I mean on this one all the LE has over the Premium is the side rails and 3 translites?

Missing a few other things...
see photo. First 5 things below the gray bar... the biggest being the number plate /800. IMO

Also the "collectible" signed by SR. and the gary stern signed certificate, blah blah.

IMG_3411 (resized).PNGIMG_3411 (resized).PNG

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Missing a few other things...
see photo. First 5 things below the gray bar... the biggest being the number plate /800. IMO
Also the "collectible" signed by SR. and the gary stern signed certificate, blah blah.

Eh that's all fluff really. IMO who really cares about 800? It's not like they make 20,000 of these things anymore. And the signed stuff is silly things I'd lose anyways, honestly don't know if I have any of the certificates for my LE's and I don't care. Star Trek LE was the pinnacle of their LE's......All the extras on the cabinet are what make that on sing.... I think people who buy the LE's thinking they are some sort of financial investment with future gains are just fooling themselves. I'd fully expect any used pinball machine to lose value. Yeah there are some exceptions, but they are the rarity and it is only really ever worth what someone actually buys it for, not these theoretical values.

1 week later
#33 6 years ago

So anyone changing their mind on an LE yet? Still in? Now out? Can it really be worth the extra $$? I am leaning more and more toward being out but still hanging in for now.

#34 6 years ago

I just cancelled mine. I'm not in love with the game. At the Le and premium price, it has to have a WOW factor for me, and I don't have that with SW. Hopefully code cleans up some if the mess in the LCD, but the playfield just got to boring for me. I want a machine that's beautiful, fun, unique layout, innovative, and great rules. I don't see that here. Believe me, it really is disappointing as my family has been waiting for our favorite all time theme SW a long time. If code gets a lot better, I may consider the premium down the road. Otherwise, I'll look at other great games and just watch all the movie clips on my Blu Ray for my SW fix. Hoping it gets better though. Just my personal opinion.

#35 6 years ago

Still in. Only $1300 more for a little more on the game. Is it worth it to blow my friends minds and all others who come over to play it for a couple of months before the Premiums come out. Heck yeah! Everyone is invited!

It is fun to be irrational sometimes. Feels good.

#36 6 years ago

Still in. Honestly nothing would make me get out though, so I'm probably not a good indicator on how people feel. I liked the stream and feel like it will be a good fit with my only other pin at the moment - GB premium.

#37 6 years ago

Is it worth it to blow my friends and others who come over to play it... Heck yeah! Everyone is invited!
It is fun to be irrational sometimes. Feels good.

You're a HELL of a host. I usually just offer guests a drink.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're a HELL of a host. I usually just offer guests a drink.

His jaw must get tired.

#39 6 years ago

I watched the second half of dd twitch live on an iphone where sound was worthless ... and my impression was meh, it's about an average game. Tonight I watched first half, but this time on YouTube in high def on an iPad with headphones and learned all kinds of cool things about the game and the features. I heard the designer talk about the rules and other players making comments about what to hit. I watched the LCD and saw the emphasis on building multipliers and not letting them time out, you select a character and a mission and up to three missions can be stacked. I like the add a ball during mb, use of the bar button for tie fighter mb and controllable multiplier. The emphasis is on the graphics shown in backbox and sometimes the graphics on small LCD are different. Lots of starategies and combinations and the code looks complete at release. Tons of stats are available, which will make this pin a nerds wet dream. I think this is quite an achievement for Stern.

It stacks up pretty well against the Hobbit too, which is another pin that melds a lot of things together and has a big video emphasis. A poll comparing the two, after some polishing of the LCD graphics on SW, would be interesting. My opinion has gelled and now find myself excited about this game for the first time. Don't know if I'll bite and buy one, but I am watching it closely and look forward to playing. And the pro model seems like the way I'd go.

Specifically back on topic though, how can people be strongly in or out of an LE after seeing the pro footage, but without seeing videos of all the added features? The Stern demo of the hyperdrive was not long enough to show anything. The added costs for LE are significant so wouldn't you need more info. When I see people falling over themselves to track down an LE and throw money down before the model is even in production, it reminds me of other preorders. Just Stern can follow through and make the game, and JJP and Spooky have proven dependable. All others are sketchy to fraudulent.

#40 6 years ago

I guess with the LE you really have to be in until you cancel since we put deposits down.

So out would work a deal for the deposit back or buy another game. If you paid low Stern floor price I am sure your dealer would gladly send your deposit back to you and then try to sell yours for more. As of now at least.

#41 6 years ago

I guess with the LE you really have to be in until you cancel since we put deposits down.
So out would work a deal for the deposit back or buy another game. If you paid low Stern floor price I am sure your dealer would gladly send your deposit back to you and then try to sell yours for more. As of now at least.

I sold my GB pro already and have SWLE on order. Looking at other games available now and I still think SW is a very good choice. While I think DI is neat, it's just not a theme that resonates with me at all. MMR and AFMR are good games and I'll play them on location, but I just don't have desire to own those either. AS looks like a great game too, but I held off that and decided to wait for SW.

Rob

#42 6 years ago

I sold Acdc modded Prem before the vault and a nice HUO LOTR with mods and picked up an AS pro nib already and will get SW LE. It will be even even money in the end for the two in and two out. I played Acdc and LOTR each for over a year and liked them. It was just time to move on.

I know it is lame to say, but I just hope SW is fun. Folks get so caught up in art, code, complex rules, lack of stuff in the PF etc, but fun is number one for me. Like I think AS is a blast! If SW doesn't work for me it will move on. I think the LE will hold its value better than the Prem but who knows. The pro may be the best value in the room.

#43 6 years ago

Was looking at a Premium (LE sold out), but now looking at a Pro I think. While the hyperspace loop/DS toys would be cool, not sure its worth the few thousand hike.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Still in. Honestly nothing would make me get out though, so I'm probably not a good indicator on how people feel. I liked the stream and feel like it will be a good fit with my only other pin at the moment - GB premium.

you can unbox it, play it and get most if not all your money back if you dont like it.
i still see bm66 getting good money around here.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Was looking at a Premium (LE sold out), but now looking at a Pro I think. While the hyperspace loop/DS toys would be cool, not sure its worth the few thousand hike.

It would be a $2000 or a little less hike for a Prem. Need to see Prem/LE being played for sure, myself included. The pros have been the best at holding their value lately.

#46 6 years ago

Please let me know if you cancel LE order in europe, they are completley sold out here!

#47 6 years ago

Let me know if you cancel your LE order in the US! Thanks!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Please let me know if you cancel LE order in europe, they are completley sold out here!

LE still available from p4p.no (scandinavian dealer) and Pinball Heaven so i don't why you still keep saying "sold out"

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Let me know if you cancel your LE order in the US! Thanks!

Did you try Fun! ? Maybe they are sold out now too..

Rob

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you try Fun! ? Maybe they are sold out now too..
Rob

Hey thx guys, non Pinsider friend looking for LE for and putting off a bike for one.
won't let him get ripped for one a remaining one that's for sure...
I'm sure PREM or pro will wind up being fine too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.