IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.
#401 6 years ago

Well, my LE came in today but I'm not going to have time to pick it up today so I'll be heading up first thing in the morning to pick it up. Honest opinions from anyone who has played one? I've played the pro's and in my opinion it was just ok. I'd love to hear your honest opinions on the LE please for now just the guys who have actually played one or have one, don't think about the money you just spent, just honest opinions haha

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Well, my LE came in today but I'm not going to have time to pick it up today so I'll be heading up first thing in the morning to pick it up. Honest opinions from anyone who has played one? I've played the pro's and in my opinion it was just ok. I'd love to hear your honest opinions on the LE please for now just the guys who have actually played one or have one, don't think about the money you just spent, just honest opinions haha

Super fun, I'm pissed because I'm off to the airport and I won't get to play it again till Saturday

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Nice backhand to the Death Star ramp.

Agreed!! Great to see that. I either have some practice to do or maybe leveling of that game on location!

#404 6 years ago

While the LE owners are playing with the Death Star, could one of you take a tape measure and give me an approx diameter of the Death Star

#405 6 years ago

I got word from my distributor that my LE shipped today!! Should be here next week! #superawesome

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Pitifully gameplay attempted, need to start practicing!! Kids love it though!
» YouTube video

Thanks for the videos.

Your kids really seem to dig it!

Can't wait to teach my 2 year old to mash some Ties while daddy's playing!

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Im happy for everyone who is enjoying this pin. I backed out and got this instead. It was a very wise choice for my family. No quality control issues just collector quality fun.

Looks nice with the chrome.

#408 6 years ago

LE arrived at Starport Arcade and Pub. Very well received.

20170816_172018 (resized).jpg20170816_172018 (resized).jpg

20170816_172028 (resized).jpg20170816_172028 (resized).jpg

20170816_172033 (resized).jpg20170816_172033 (resized).jpg

20170816_172039 (resized).jpg20170816_172039 (resized).jpg

#409 6 years ago

The one thing on the LE I would change is the white t-molding. I think black would look much better and match the stock black armor. I wonder how difficult it would be to change?

Rob

#410 6 years ago

So what's the main difference for the LE? Is it way better than the standard game? Is it worth the extra cash?

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So what's the main difference for the LE? Is it way better than the standard game? Is it worth the extra cash?

I haven't even gotten mine yet, and I can answer that.

No.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Only the LE comes with Custom Upside Down and Backwards Star Wars Logo printed on the playfied.

Just kidding! Can't wait to get mine today!!

9fd13b1b202de231dc74e3d4aa66febf00e08c3d (resized).jpg9fd13b1b202de231dc74e3d4aa66febf00e08c3d (resized).jpg

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Not smart ass answer below.

Only real differences between the premium and LE are artwork on the cab and translite, fancier side rails, number plate on the speaker panel, and a Steve Richie signed plate on the apron.
Does that make it better than the premium? From a game play perspective, absolutely not.
Are those items worth roughly $1200 more than the price of a premium?
From a material cost standpoint, no but if you (meaning the potential buyer) like it better than the premium then yes it's worth it.
That's up to the individual buyer to decide, I think they are cool but others see it as a waste of money.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Not smart ass answer below.
Only real differences between the premium and LE are artwork on the cab and translite, fancier side rails, number plate on the speaker panel, and a Steve Richie signed plate on the apron.
Does that make it better than the premium? From a game play perspective, absolutely not.
Are those items worth roughly $1200 more than the price of a premium?
From a material cost standpoint, no but if you (meaning the potential buyer) like it better than the premium then yes it's worth it.
That's up to the individual buyer to decide, I think they are cool but others see it as a waste of money.

The LE also comes with all 3 translites

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The LE also comes with all 3 translites

Forgot about that, thanks.

Probably because my extra BM66 translites are sitting in the shipping tube in my attic.

#416 6 years ago

I am very much liking how bright the GI lights are on the playfield.

#417 6 years ago

I like the LE, too early to tell which I like better.
I'll have to go play some more!

IMG_0088 (resized).JPGIMG_0088 (resized).JPG

#418 6 years ago

On location at Cafe One Ormond Beach, Fl. LE#320

IMG_20170817_074231 (resized).jpgIMG_20170817_074231 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170817_100505 (resized).jpgIMG_20170817_100505 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170817_100453 (resized).jpgIMG_20170817_100453 (resized).jpg

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I like the LE, too early to tell which I like better.

Nice! Side by side comparison. Play 50-100 games and write a review, I would be interested to hear what your opinions are.

#420 6 years ago

STAR WARS le
Who is in?
Who was in?
Who was in but then went out?
Who was in but then went out but then went back in again?
Who was in but then went out but then went back in just to not remember if they were currently in or out?

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I haven't even gotten mine yet, and I can answer that.
No.

Pinside post of the day!

#422 6 years ago

Should get a lot of playtime this weekend.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Should get a lot of playtime this weekend.

What are you doing with 2 SW?

#424 6 years ago

I'll sell one eventually, I like having them side by side for a while.
I've done it with Metallica, Kiss, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars.
Always have kept the LE.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'll sell one eventually, I like having them side by side for a while.
I've done it with Metallica, Kiss, Ghostbusters, and Star Wars.
Always have kept the LE.

Bravo! Yup, I'm riding the edge that kind spending would get me divorced hahaha

#426 6 years ago

You get most of your money back, and I can make my side rails and hinges while I wait for my LE.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Pinside post of the day!

Upvoted to be the yin to a downvote's yang.

#428 6 years ago

I expect it will be a long afternoon for me, waiting for 5pm.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#429 6 years ago

Hopefully one shows up in the wild in Calgary. A few pubs have the pros but really want to try the premium/le. Nice to see they are landing, even if it is Toronto haha, congrats!

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

STAR WARS le
Who is in?
Who was in?
Who was in but then went out but then went back in again?
Who was in but then went out but then went back in just to not remember if they were currently in or out?

Ahahaha....

Pre ordered with 2 places just to ensure I had one.
Got one confirmed so I cancelled the second.
Read Pinside too much and it played on all of my fears for the pin so I cancelled it.
Thought about it and said, screw all the negative nancies it's friggen Star Wars. I'm going to try it and make up my own dam mind and who gives a crap if I hate it and lose a couple of bucks.
Re-purchased and just sent the check off yesterday.

This is the only pin I have let other people get me down on and it's my favorite license. I guess it was the fact that it was my most anticipated license that made me extra susceptible to the negativity. Well that and the price didn't help either. I have cleansed my pallet of the negativity and I am thinking positively about it now. I should have it in a few weeks and I can't wait for me and my friends and family to enjoy the hell out of it.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ahahaha....
Pre ordered with 2 places just to ensure I had one.
Got one confirmed so I cancelled the second.
Read Pinside too much and it played on all of my fears for the pin so I cancelled it.
Thought about it and said, screw all the negative nancies it's friggen Star Wars. I'm going to try it and make up my own dam mind and who gives a crap if I hate it and lose a couple of bucks.
Re-purchased and just sent the check off yesterday.
This is the only pin I have let other people get me down on and it's my favorite license. I guess it was the fact that it was my most anticipated license that made me extra susceptible to the negativity. Well that and the price didn't help either. I have cleansed my pallet of the negativity and I am thinking positively about it now. I should have it in a few weeks and I can't wait for me and my friends and family to enjoy the hell out of it.

My feelings exactly!

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have cleansed my pallet of the negativity and I am thinking positively about it now.

This is awesome and should be applied by everyone to all aspects of life.

Negativity eats away at you, there is absolutely no use for it.

Really looking forward to some positive reinforcement from Yoda later today when my new LE is kicking my ass........

#433 6 years ago

For sure there has been a lot of negativity. I found myself being pulled to the dark side now and again with my order (prem) but then I'd just watch some of the dead flip video and get excited again. Now I'm just going bat shit crazy waiting stern to finish the LEs and move to premiums

#434 6 years ago

It's kind of funny how this thread went from the "doom and gloom" of negativity to being really positive ever since people have started getting their machines, we've seen more video, and we've seen nothing but love from the lucky new owners.

Thanks to everyone who has shared video and pictures. I still haven't heard from my distributor, but I'm glad the people who did get it are having a blast.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

It's kind of funny how this thread went from the "doom and gloom" of negativity to being really positive ever since people have started getting their machines, we've seen more video, and we've seen nothing but love from the lucky new owners.

It's not funny, it's the same thing every time. Now everyone's acting like they were bullied into not ordering their "dream theme." Whom the hell caves to what other people think aboot their dream theme? It's liek a goddamn victim supoort group in here.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not funny, it's the same thing every time. Now everyone's acting like they were bullied into not ordering their "dream theme." Whom the hell caves to what other people think aboot their dream theme? It's liek a goddamn victim supoort group in here.

Gotcha - I'm kind of new to the pinball community (I started buying machines about 2 years ago, and just found this site fairly recently), so I've never experienced a new release on a game I was buying. You nailed it, though. I was never close to canceling (like you said, dream theme), but man was it a bad experience coming in here from time to time and reading how terrible this game was going to be.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Gotcha - I'm kind of new to the pinball community (I started buying machines about 2 years ago, and just found this site fairly recently), so I've never experienced a new release on a game I was buying. You nailed it, though. I was never close to canceling (like you said, dream theme), but man was it a bad experience coming in here from time to time and reading how terrible this game was going to be.

Pinsiders in general despise anything pinball-related.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Haha - This phenomena isn’t limited to just pinside though. I lurk on a motorcycle enthusiast forum as well and it’s amazing how many people there seem to hate motorcycles

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not me, I love pinball!
One down one to go......

20170817_145939 (resized).jpg20170817_145939 (resized).jpg

#441 6 years ago

Mine is sitting in my box truck. It's my birthday today, so dinner after work and then maybe take it out of the box this weekend. LE model.

#442 6 years ago

Super fast! Look stern protected the corners and even the t molding. Also have protective film on rails and hinges!

IMG_8370 (resized).JPGIMG_8370 (resized).JPG

IMG_8371 (resized).JPGIMG_8371 (resized).JPG

#443 6 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone heard of/seen an LE on route in the Montreal area? I'm in town for the weekend and would love to sneak in a game or three on the LE if one's available.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I'm still out. Was pondering getting back in, but I'm just going to wait until a used one comes up. I still maintain that the game is frigging great, but I'm simply not willing to spend NIB price for what you get. Having said that SW is sure to become the next $10K game since I do want an LE later on in life .

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Having said that SW is sure to become the next $10K game since I do want an LE later on in life .

I wouldn't worry about that. It didn't sell out before release, which shows diminished demand upfront. The craze just wasn't there for the title. It may hold value fairly well, but there are still distributors with LE stock remaining. Ghostbusters literally sold out in under 30 minutes on the LE level, and even that game isn't seeing inflated prices in the secondhand market (and Ghostbusters is a better game than Star Wars).

#446 6 years ago

I wanted an LE really badly, but just can't justify it. I'll be getting a premium and then adding my own powder coating, etc to make my own version of a limited game. I'm actually liking the LE artwork more and more, but I like the premium artwork too so I'll be fine with my decision.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

and even that game isn't seeing inflated prices in the secondhand market (and Ghostbusters is a better game than Star Wars).

I was trying to imply that "since I let the one I had reserved go, it'll be the next $10K game" . I backed out of a Tron Premium when they came out since I had this stupid dislike of photos on a playfield. That makes me a complete idiot and learned a lesson there ... don't be bigoted towards the stupidest of things on a pinball machine .

I think SWLE will take a price path similar to Star Trek LE ... drop around $1K or so after a year then recover somewhat from that. The game shoots outstanding and I can see it having long term appeal. I'm going to put the money I set aside towards restoring a few games I have and thinning out the herd a bit in the meantime (mainly some EMs and other earlier titles I have that I am not playing ... just too damn busy with work).

I remember Star Trek LEs selling for as low as $6K at one point (that was one posted here on Pinside in 2014 ... even had invisiglass ... I missed that and bought mine for $6.5K from a nice Pinsider in NJ). I think an NIB STLE was $7400 or so. I can't see SW ever crashing though ... it's too damn good for what it is .

#448 6 years ago

Went and picked up my Star Wars LE and ended up with a Metallica also.

20170817_142522-1 (resized).jpg20170817_142522-1 (resized).jpg

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Thanks to everyone who has shared video and pictures. I still haven't heard from my distributor, but I'm glad the people who did get it are having a blast.

Primary complaints were about: limited number of shots, missing playfield toys, disjointed software, complicated rules, high price, photoshopped artwork, lockdown bar button, Stern's recent lack of quality control and then a big question was how much fun was possible. All these issues still remain, so is anything different?

Software is improving, people are having fun playing the game and enjoying the learning process. There is realization that selecting a character and mode aren't as complicated as initially thought, and the game plays even faster than fast. When combined with a gentle warming to the price levels and an absence of alerts from manufacturing, news is indeed sounding more positive. That every aspect is turning out to be as expected or better than is adding buoyancy too. As SW premiums and LEs are churned out, we'll see how the loop and Death Star perform. If they are at least average, there is an opportunity for more positive vibes.

The biggest obstacle remains price, followed closely by lack of game features. So far there has been no improvement on either front. If the pro and LE were $5k and $7k delivered, and there had been more features - sales might have soared. Instead the high prices and lack of toys on SW have slowed people in their tracks and caused enhanced scrutiny. Not many claimed extreme positions - that the game sucked or the art work prevented redeeming value. Rather the questioning was centered on issues of whether the game would hold its long term appeal and whether it was priced correctly, given the the apparent barrenness. Some are learning that it is a good game. While the jury is still out whether there is enough fun to be had to justify purchasing SW pin, there is no question it is worth seeking out and playing on location.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

...and no alerts from manufacturing yet are positive.

There have been major insert ghosting going on actually. We shall see how it shakes out when more people get machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in/page/9?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.