IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 6 years ago

Me too

#202 6 years ago

I'm dropping out on my LE. For me it's a matter of $$$, not really that I don't like the game.

Rob

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm dropping out on my LE. For me it's a matter of $$$, not really that I don't like the game.
Rob

Wow. You were, like, its biggest supporter.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, like I said for me it's the $$. I've been stressing way too much about paying for the damn thing and I don't want that in my head any more. It's making pinball no longer fun for me. I sold one game (GB Pro) to fund SW and have decided that I don't want to sell another. I will still buy a pro model though because I like the theme and I think it's going to be a great game when Dwight (and team) is done with it.

Rob

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think I'm right up there as one of the biggest supporters. It is my sole grail theme. Original trilogy. Color LCD. Dwight and Steve. All great.

But even I am getting a bit bummed by all the bs. SR signed card not playfield. Possible ghosting. Increased cost. Fewer features. Seemingly items removed from the LE to later sell for more profit.

My distro asked for final payment as mine is almost ready to ship. I paid. So I'm in. But seriously, Stern has pushed me to the limit. I have 12 pins. All Sterns. And I love my collection. But they are turning me off their product quickly.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think I'm right up there as one of the biggest supporters. It is my sole grail theme. Original trilogy. Color LCD. Dwight and Steve. All great.
But even I am getting a bit bummed by all the bs. SR signed card not playfield. Possible ghosting. Increased cost. Fewer features. Seemingly items removed from the LE to later sell for more profit.
My distro asked for final payment as mine is almost ready to ship. I paid. So I'm in. But seriously, Stern has pushed me to the limit. I have 12 pins. All Sterns. And I love my collection. But they are turning me off their product quickly.

Correct. For me, they win this battle, but I'm afraid going forward they've lost the war.

#207 6 years ago

What would Stern do if a substantial number of LE buyers backed out? I am curious what people think would happen, would they offer accessories (like the animated backbox which was must have been removed to sell as an accessory) to shift them or would they leave them as they are as it wouldn't be a problem for them but an issue for the distributors with unsold stock.?

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What would Stern do if a substantial number of LE buyers backed out? I am curious what people think would happen, would they offer accessories and upgrades to shift them or would they leave them as they are as it wouldn't be a problem for them but an issue for the distributors with unsold stock.

They dont give a shit because distributors bought them all. I think the distros would be pissed.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They dont give a shit because distributors bought them all. I think the distros would be pissed.

That is my initial gut feeling, was asking because I am curious what others think/what the general consensus on pinside would be.

#210 6 years ago

Again, I think the distros will eventually sell them all. This won't be the same situation as WWE, but it may take time and some substantial discounts. My distro is still sold out of them AFAIK; he had a waiting list that he tapped into.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again, I think the distros will eventually sell them all. This won't be the same situation as WWE, but it may take time and some substantial discounts. My distro is still sold out of them AFAIK; he had a waiting list that he tapped into.

On a licence like Star Wars though, the only situation distributors should be facing is they cant keep up with demand, SW should have been the easiest sell ever...

#212 6 years ago

Still in dream theme

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Still in dream theme

Fingers crossed you don't get a ghosted/chipping playfield, it genuinely
sucks knowing that any fellow Pinhead buying NIB especially at LE prices has to take this risk/gamble.

#214 6 years ago

My frustration with this machine is only going to get worse when the $500 motorized and projecting R2-D2 topper is announced.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My frustration with this machine is only going to get worse when the $500 motorized and projecting R2-D2 topper is announced.

And the $200 backbox hyperspace lighting mod that should have come with the LE.

#216 6 years ago

Now aren't recent price increases in part due to higher Distro floors, so the dealers are making a little more money. The margins are better for them, but are still pretty thin right? I figure the 2nd LCD cost a little more. The SW license must have been the highest ever, so that adds to the cost. A good question is whether the next LE will be $8500 US? GB was $7800 no?

Trying to wrap my head around the new higher prices of these games. It is not easy to do.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Now aren't recent price increases in part due to higher Distro floors, so the dealers are making a little more money. The margins are better for them, but are still pretty thin right? I figure the 2nd LCD cost a little more. The SW license must have been the highest ever, so that adds to the cost. A good question is whether the next LE will be $8500 US? GB was $7800 no?
Trying to wrap my head around the new higher prices of these games. It is not easy to do.

When Jody boast about making 40% more profit than 2015 it's not too hard to know where the increases are coming from.

#218 6 years ago

Folks, Mike was just having a bit of fun with everyone for the video...he sold them at a great price at the show!

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it is anything like BM66LE topper, then you will have to buy the topper and projector separately.

So make that $500 for the topper and $250 for the projector.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it is anything like BM66LE topper, then you will have to buy the topper and projector separately.
So make that $500 for the topper and $250 for the projector.

(That's the face I make when Stern bends me over.)

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

(That's the face I make when Stern bends me over.)

With BM66LE/SLE the topper came with those models, it was obviously costed into the price points though, but on average what's a Stern topper, $400-$500?

BM66 projector is $250 so I would say it's a good guess if the SW topper and projector are seperate that's the pricing.

#222 6 years ago

This is my dream theme, but I'm cancelling my LE. The reviews just don't have me excited, no bling to the LE, lack of faith in Stern to finish the code, the bare playfield, potential ghosting, etc...are my reasons.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

This is my dream theme, but I'm cancelling my LE. The reviews just don't have me excited, no bling to the LE, lack of faith in Stern to finish the code, the bare playfield, potential ghosting, etc...are my reasons.

Mine as well. I would have purchased an LE if it were worth the cost. Still waiting to play a premium, but code development, value for what you pay and quality issues keep me from buying right now

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

okey, its odd he says differt in his interviews then, jusk look ay youtubes videoes with him

Probably older interviews then... lately he's changed his tune.

#225 6 years ago

No matter what. Dream theme, mush have LE for mee. In all the wayy

#226 6 years ago

So stern still so won't allow any video of LE gameplay and yet many asked to pay in full? And shipping soon? WTF? They don't even have one working prototype they can show us??

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

No matter what. Dream theme, mush have LE for mee. In all the wayy

Stern is gonna go "in" all the way....don't you worry about that LOL.... just brace for impact.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So stern still so won't allow any video of LE gameplay and yet many asked to pay in full? And shipping soon? WTF? They don't even have one working prototype they can show us??

Agreed. I don't think I ever remember things unfolding this way for a release. It's bizarre.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Umm... 13th Stern. You are not *really* turned off.

They still gotcha.

#230 6 years ago

This will be my last STERN GAME!

LOTR, IM, MET have ghosted inserts? Stern have gotten even more cheap and are now putting get out clauses in the manuals to get away with severe cost cutting!

Not on!
I would pull out of my STRWRSLE if my district allowed me too but I don't think he will

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This will be my last STERN GAME!
LOTR, IM, MET have ghosted inserts? Stern have gotten even more cheap and are now putting get out clauses in the manuals to get away with severe cost cutting!
Not on!
I would pull out of my STRWRSLE if my district allowed me too but I don't think he will

He should because you have not taken delivery. And B still no video....most distributors give you time to see the video and then confirm your purchase.

#232 6 years ago

So video of the premium changing anyone's mind either way? I feel I am warming up to the game a bit more now but still having a hard time with the value proposition for the premium and even more so on the LE. Seems like it's gonna be a long road to work the bugs out.

#233 6 years ago

I only watched the first half of the stream so far.
I do like the ball whizzing around,just wondering how much it will distract you by the flippers with multiple balls doing the same thing.

#234 6 years ago

Take a look at the stream at the 2h04 mark to watch the death star explode or crack open like an egg.

At first i told myself i was going to get a pro. Then stern released the game and the feature matrix and pricing.

I look at the price and what was on the pro and told myself i would have to get a premium.

I paused and reflected on this and realized that's exactly what stern wanted. To dumb down the pro to get more prem sales.

But the price difference and the feature differences are not perceived has added value. The hyperdeive yes..the death star egg. No.

Ill wait for the star wars pro ve that includes the hyperdrive.

#235 6 years ago

I got refunded my LE purchase after the stream....good luck Stern, I'm done being underwhelmed.

#236 6 years ago

Last night definitely solidified my decision to back out of my le. Game looks nice, but price is ridiculously out of line for what you get. Hyper loop and cracked egg were very underwhelming. Game would be fun for awhile I think, but not worth price of admission.

#237 6 years ago

I think it looks amazing. It'll be cooler with the light inside the Death Star, but the music, sound, and video leading up to it had my heart racing. I can't wait to add this to my collection. My arcade is going to have the sounds of Star Wars filling it soon!

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So video of the premium changing anyone's mind either way? I feel I am warming up to the game a bit more now but still having a hard time with the value proposition for the premium and even more so on the LE. Seems like it's gonna be a long road to work the bugs out.

Dropped out of LE upon reveal, considering Premium since but also had the chance to get back in on LE due to people cancelling, watched the stream live and once again on playback and now decided to totally back out of SW all together.

Not that the game looks bad, it's just underwhelming in almost every department imo and SW is such a huge licence and I am a huge SW fan I will always be looking at it in my lineup thinking/wishing what could have been.

#239 6 years ago

where is the vid of premium? link?
cant find. are you guys talking about the promo vids?

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

where is the vid of premium? link?

#241 6 years ago

thanks man! watching solidifies buying. i'm still in.

#242 6 years ago

I know someone posted a picture of a white card that Steve signed on an LE instead of on the playfield but did you guys catch this on the flyer?

I like this better than a signed playfied, hopefully this is what we are getting!

Screenshot_20170808-134214 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170808-134214 (resized).png

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I know someone posted a picture of a white card that Steve signed on an LE instead of on the playfield but did you guys catch this on the flyer?
I like this better than a signed playfied, hopefully this is what we are getting!

If its anything like Hulk Hogan signature on WWE LE which it looks just like Ulekstore will have to get a protective cover for the signature ready now before you LE guys remove the protective film Stern will stick over it.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

If its anything like Hulk Hogan signature on WWE LE which it looks just like Ulekstore will have to get a protective cover for the signature ready now before you LE guys remove the protective film Stern will stick over it.

Are they not very durable? I don't know anything about them so just curious.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Are they not very durable? I don't know anything about them so just curious.

The signatures smear easily on metal plate if touched by anything. IF Stern does include the gold metal signed plate which i do think is better then playfield signature Id recommend not removing the clear film over the plate until somebody sells a cover.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Gold plate looks great, a lot nicer than the white card shown previously. Would have been awesome to get Steve signature on the playfield though and say Hamill sign card under the Luke decal and James Earl Jones signed card under the Vader decal, could have been back lit blue and red would have looked pretty special

#247 6 years ago

My distributor said that US LE's are starting to ship next week. Didn't ask if that meant his batch or all.

There should be some out there soon for us to complain about. Interesting that I was number 42 in late June and I still am.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

My distributor said that US LE's are starting to ship next week. Didn't ask if that meant his batch or all.
There should be some out there soon for us to complain about. Interesting that I was number 42 in late June and I still am.

How did you find out what number machine your getting?? Man I'm way out of the loop!

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

How did you find out what number machine your getting?? Man I'm way out of the loop!

Sorry, it is not the number LE I get. I am 42 of his LE allotment.

I mentioned my number because I have never bought a game before it was out more than a year so never been in on an LE. Of the 2 NIBs I bought I received them a month or more earlier because people dropped out even when the game was known and liked after code updates.

Now that I am going to get an LE I have not moved up since early June even though all these people have dropped out. So either people sticking in quietly or ....

#250 6 years ago

Somehow missed this thread. Cancelled my LE order on 8/1... prior to the latest prem stream/video. No real information to give other than I just didn't feel like gambling over the potential ghosting. Just chiming in on the off chance anyone is keeping count.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.