• I was in on and LE but got out - or I am in but want out 90 votes
    35%
  • I am in on an LE but thinking about getting out 20 votes
    8%
  • I want in on an LE but not in yet 38 votes
    15%

(260 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20170728_182153_110 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170927-071915 (resized).jpg
5C8AEFFF-D586-4689-900A-3DE71F99921B (resized).jpeg
swle2 (resized).JPG
swle1 (resized).JPG
swle3 (resized).JPG
STERN STARWARS PRO Left  Orbit Exit rubber (resized).jpg
STERN STARWARS PRO Rifgt Orbit (resized).jpg
IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg

There are 1053 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

They are different

They build their own? I always assumed they were Stern's they are selling. That's all I've ever purchased.

Learn something new every day then

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from Krid_the_Insane:

Another problem i'm having is that this coil is getting bashed by this thingie. Anyone else with this? I know i can move it, but why did they put it there?

Just relocate the clip. There may be no template used for where they mount those and yours is just in a bad spot.

Rob

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Hey guys,
Pretty close to getting a premium. Just want to know which shaker motor you are using and how you like it.
Not thinking about the price ... which one gives the best effect? Or are they all the same?
Thanks for your advice in advance.

I upgraded all my STERN shaker Motors the these from Coin Taker . It has 30% more shaking power. If you want what I fell is the best (effect) this is it . It is now adjustable if it is to much. RED TREMOR Shaker by CoinTaker

ALL STERN MACHINES WWE (JANUARY 2015 RELEASE) and AFTER ARE ON THE NEW SPIKE SYSTEM

WWE, WNBJM, KISS, and GOT and after......

This new shaker adds about 30% more shake for even more fun!
https://cointaker.com/products/shaker-motor-stern

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

They are different

One difference is a non Stern one voids your warranty

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

One difference is a non Stern one voids your warranty

Yes I noticed the sticker there LOL... I hear the stern one is thicker doesn't require the bar to stop rattle .

#1006 2 years ago

Curious why the post is necessary on the Pro but not on the LE? Isnt the ball launch identical between the 2 models?

#1007 2 years ago

I joined the club! Well, that is I joined the "I blew up the Death Star club!". Looking out of the window of the clubhouse, I see boob still standing there at a distance.....

Rob

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious why the post is necessary on the Pro but not on the LE? Isnt the ball launch identical between the 2 models?

Ditto - wonder if SR will expand on that thought on Facebook. If anyone sees more, please post here!

#1009 2 years ago

Sometimes when i shoot the ramp up to the deathstar ball wiggels and comes down. Or done go all the way up. Is your ramp totally smooth? Any hints/fixes?

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I think it already has on mine. I didn't pay attention to it when I first received it, but the ramp on mine is spread out noticeably and starting to rub on the outer edges of the slots. Maybe they shipped it to me that way, but I can't help but think it's caused by the ball hitting from the back.

Is that a ghosting insert?

#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I joined the club! Well, that is I joined the "I blew up the Death Star club!". Looking out of the window of the clubhouse, I see boob still standing there at a distance.....
Rob

You're wrong, man. I blew it up already. If you go into the menu, then select tests...

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Ditto - wonder if SR will expand on that thought on Facebook. If anyone sees more, please post here!

Screenshot_20170927-071915 (resized).jpg

#1013 2 years ago

Is that adjustment not on the pro?

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Is that a ghosting insert?

No, I haven't seen any ghosting. My post was in regards to the tips of the ramp being spread out. I suspect that they are being bent from impact from the balls coming in from the Hoth loop and hitting it while the ramp is up...but that's only suspicion.

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that adjustment not on the pro?

Not sure about the pro, mine is an LE and I am going to try the adjustment tonight. It shoots is down the left drain far too often the way it is now.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Not sure about the pro, mine is an LE and I am going to try the adjustment tonight. It shoots is down the left drain far too often the way it is now.

Seems to be a simple fix. I remember Rollergames had a similar adjustment on the launch guide so that the ball would go up the side ramp. Was essential to have it perfect, but easy to fix, and even had a small cutout in the plastic to reach the adjustment screw.

#1017 2 years ago

I fixed it myself by adding that post anyway. I have no faith in bending that guide.

The guide might be slotted, but still its very minimal, my right orbit exit guide needed some adjusment, to stop looping into the right sling, but I had no room on that slot either. Each machine is different , thats just how it is.

What about just a simple coil strength adjustment for auto launch? seems the most logic thing to me

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're wrong, man. I blew it up already. If you go into the menu, then select tests...

The force is strong with this one...

Rob

1 week later
#1019 2 years ago

Code update really fills some missing holes. Love this update.

#1020 2 years ago

Stern Pinball has posted Star Wars code version 0.91.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains two new dynamic modes: "Lightsaber Duel” and "Navigate the Asteroid Field.”

The code update also contains fixes and adjustments.

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

Pro – v0.91.0:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-co…/game-code-star-wars-pro

Premium - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/gam…/game-code-star-wars-premium

Limited Edition - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-le

This update and read me files can be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

#1021 2 years ago

Oh my god, I am loving my LE!! The asteroid video mode is a nice touch and really cool. I still have not been able to blow up the Death Star which is getting real frustrating. I burn out the multi-ball and finish the Death Star mode at the count down and it times out all the purple modes are solid and no more for me to work. Anyone have a cheat that I'm missing here? Do all the balls need to be in play to blow it up??

1 week later
#1022 2 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-premium
Stern rolled back to v0.89 for now. Guess they means there will not be any new code coming anytime in the next 2 or more weeks. I hope this gets anyone's fork ramp working again that had an issue with v0.92.

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-premium
Stern rolled back to v0.89 for now. Guess they means there will not be any new code coming anytime in the next 2 or more weeks. I hope this gets anyone's fork ramp working again that had an issue with v0.92.

Glad I didn’t update my code

Question though. Has everyone who ordered got theirs yet? Or are there ppl still waiting for their machines?

#1024 2 years ago

No issues with code update. Family is putting 30 + games a night on ours I'm having to peel family off game to play our other titles though. Cant let the wife keep her HS forever.

#1026 2 years ago

May the fork (ramp) be with you.

#1027 2 years ago

I had a customer cancel an order for an LE backbox panel mod so I'm offering it up for sale for half price. I don't have an le to show the effects, but I've shown a pic of it in the pro. It is not a cookie cutter mod and is custom made to specifically bring out the color and detail of the LE translight. It is quite vivid and clear in person. It also has rgb fading effects and comes with a remote to control it. It comes with it's own power supply so you turn it on and off from inside the coindoor or I can provide a direct connection to plug into the board to power it so it turns on and off with the game, your choice. Takes about 5 mins to install. It is $100 shipped in the US. Pm me if you are interested.

Short video of the pro

IMG_20170728_182153_110 (resized).jpg

#1028 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had a customer cancel an order for an LE backbox panel mod so I'm offering it up for sale for half price. I don't have an le to show the effects, but I've shown a pic of it in the pro. It is not a cookie cutter mod and is custom made to specifically bring out the color and detail of the LE translight. It is quite vivid and clear in person. It also has rgb fading effects and comes with a remote to control it. It comes with it's own power supply so you turn it on and off from inside the coindoor or I can provide a direct connection to plug into the board to power it so it turns on and off with the game, your choice. Takes about 5 mins to install. It is $100 shipped in the US. Pm me if you are interested.
Short video of the pro
» YouTube video

The left side just looks way too blue.

Rob

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The left side just looks way too blue.
Rob

the lower left quadrant is RGB fade that was on blue when I took the pic, only the upper left quadrant is blue and it's not too much in person. As I said, my camera makes the leds look oversaturated. Also, the pro is shown only so you can see the difference of what an LED backbox mod can do, it is different for the LE. I wish I had an LE translight to demonstrate, but I don't.

Edit: this has been sold.

1 week later
#1030 2 years ago

Thoughts on code depth and lastability after owners have had a few months now? Considering a premium still, but don't want something lacking enough depth to hold onto long term. Thoughts appreciated.

#1031 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thoughts on code depth and lastability after owners have had a few months now? Considering a premium still, but don't want something lacking enough depth to hold onto long term. Thoughts appreciated.

I have a premium with 1000 or so plays. I'm not a great player, but really enjoy SW. A great rush, with great immersion, and deep rules. So many modes, so many characters to choose from. I don't see getting bored with this game quickly, and wouldn't hesitate on recommending it for a home pin. That said, if you're just a casual player, and learn a few of the rules (takes just a few games and/or someone with 10 minutes), it's still a blast and has the "one more time" quality.

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hey Konghusker,

I just posted below on another SW thread:

We have a SWLE. Code 0.92 was burning some node boards out on prem/Le only. Fortunately we were on holidays in the USA while this was happening so this did not happen to us. We upgraded to 0.93 code and machine works fine. We have had the machine for a few months now. It is a frustrating machine for me so far. Game is like a video console and pinball built in to one. I am finding it difficult to work out the objectives especially the multipliers. We have put around 600 games on our machine and last night was the first time I worked out how to get the hyper loop going. I have only worked out how to complete a few modes. For us, this is a good thing. We have 9 other really good machines (7 late model Sterns and 3 90's BWs) so this fits into our collection well. There is so much going on especially with the hurry ups, multiple modes, and pressure to hit one shot that the machine does my head in so I leave it and play something else for a while. If you are a Star Wars fan, you will love the movie clips. Not that you can see them when playing! I have been watching my wife play to help me learn the machine. It is awesome watching the screen while someone else is playing.

Only real downside is a few glitches in the code and the forks bending. The code will be fixed soon I am sure (I have reported to Stern and they know about them). The forks get absolutely belted by the ball when it flies around the horse shoe and they are up. You may have to stuff around with the hyperloop to get the balls flying around freely and you may also have to stuff around with the plunger and out lane return mech to get machine running great.

For us, so far it is a winner. I can let you know in a few years time if it is a keeper on not. Machine is not going anywhere soon. I am not a big Star Wars fan but I do like the theme. Machine is very true to the theme. Probably best theme intergration of any pin ever. My wife loves it. I am not quite there yet. As honest as it gets!

Good luck and happy flipping!

1 week later
#1033 2 years ago

2600 Games played since it Arrived in August. Compared with the 2788 Plays on my Metallica which is 2 years old. There is a clear winner here.
SWLE is the favorite in this house!

#1034 2 years ago

Does the game have enough variety in it to keep from feeling repetitive?

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Does the game have enough variety in it to keep from feeling repetitive?

As long as JJP PotC is not ready SW has more variety than any other game out there in my opinion.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

As long as JJP PotC is not ready SW has more variety than any other game out there in my opninion.

That's the two games I've narrowed it down to. Both look great, and I love both themes. Family wants potc, I kind of want SW. Tough choice. I'll be playing the most after novelty wears off as usual.

1 month later
#1037 2 years ago

yo LE ers you still loving?

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Premium here, and yes, most definitely!!!

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Why, yes, yes I am

Loving the progression of code so far and non pinheads are drawn to it.
Cheers!

#1040 2 years ago

traded mine out... just didn't click with me

#1041 2 years ago

Loving my Premium

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

We have a LE. The more I play it the more I like it. You have to be open to this game and want different and want to learn how to play it. I feel people that have sold theirs did not give the game a real go. Typical negativity on Pinside wrongly put people off including myself. Game is an absolute winner.

#1043 2 years ago

heck yeah! i love mine too. have not thought twice. was a little worried for min when all the bash was going on right before release. but so happy now. best decision ever.

#1044 2 years ago

It's my first NIB, bought a Premium and the more i play the more i'm in love with it.
Yeah all the negativity is not justified in my opinion, lot of people make an opinion with just a little knowledge
of all the possibilities from this pin.
Must PLAY with it 50-100 games, try to feel, learn and master it and after make a real opinion of it.
IMHO, my personnal feelings, rush of adrenaline and fun factor, best pinball i ever bought.
I'm a big Star Wars fan and this title is crazy fun, challenging and addictive

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Game has improved dramatically since release with improvements to code, and since I set mine to the absolutely required 6.5 degree playfield angle. More than any other pin I've owned, the pf angle is critical. I wonder if some of the haters just didn't have their tables set up correctly (like me!)

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Game has improved dramatically since release with improvements to code, and since I set mine to the absolutely required 6.5 degree playfield angle. More than any other pin I've owned, the pf angle is critical. I wonder if some of the haters just didn't have their tables set up correctly (like me!)

i dont get this 6.5 thing? dont see how could be on the level? do you guys mean 65.0? and if its 65 that is way way steep. im confused.

and now the hyperloop shot for hurry up will shot ball around once and then it stops and drops ball and game goes black. there is callouts saying stuff like we have a problem etc.

anybody know whats up? thanks

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

i dont get this 6.5 thing? dont see how could be on the level? do you guys mean 65.0? and if its 65 that is way way steep. im confused.

Trigonometry: A slope expressed in percent simply tells you how many units up or down that slope goes over a horizontal distance of 100 units. Think of it as rise over run. We have a named ratio for rise/run. It's call tangent. The tangent of an angle is the rise divided by the run. So if you have an angular slope, and you want to convert it to a percent, divide the rise by the run and multiply by 100.

Tan (slope in degrees) * 100 = slope in percent

Example: Tan(2.8624deg) = 5%
Tan(6.5deg) = 11.4%

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

and now the hyperloop shot for hurry up will shot ball around once and then it stops and drops ball and game goes black. there is callouts saying stuff like we have a problem etc.
anybody know whats up? thanks

As I mentioned in the other thread, how is it working in test mode?? That will show if you are running into a hardware issue or software issue.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As I mentioned in the other thread, how is it working in test mode?? That will show if you are running into a hardware issue or software issue.

hey thanks for help man. ok yeah i ran the accelerator game specific test. i shoot ball in and it will shoot around once all the boxes light when it does pass around but it will still only do one go around when gets to second pass it just drops ball. the game has no technical issues from what it says. im really not sure?

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

hey thanks for help man. ok yeah i ran the accelerator game specific test. i shoot ball in and it will shoot around once all the boxes light when it does pass around but it will still only do one go around when gets to second pass it just drops ball. the game has no technical issues from what it says. im really not sure?

I remembering reading here on Pinside that there were a few early LE owners that reported that for two of the accelerator magnets the plugs were swapped, causing the ball to not have enough power to make it around the loop as they were firing out of order (1->3->2. Scan thru this and some of the other threads, just around the time when the pin was released....

If that doesn't help, I'd call Stern directly.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
8,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
There are 1053 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside