IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMAG1284[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_1580 (resized).JPG
20170922_144505 (resized).jpg
t222222222 (resized).jpg
IMG_8168 (resized).JPG
20170902_022029 (resized).jpg

There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey thx guys, non Pinsider friend looking for LE for and putting off a bike for one.
won't let him get ripped for one a remaining one that's for sure...
I'm sure PREM or pro will wind up being fine too.

Last I heard JJ at game exchange still had a couple of LEs but that was about a week ago.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey thx guys, non Pinsider friend looking for LE for and putting off a bike for one.
won't let him get ripped for one a remaining one that's for sure...
I'm sure PREM or pro will wind up being fine too.

I am not sure that MSRP is a "rip off". My guess is that if anyone does give their spot up likely the distributor will resell at MSRP at this point. Not sure how much everyone paid on their LE.. perhaps people can chime in here without disclosing the distributor. I can say mine was very close to MSRP.

Once game play is shown, they could actually go up for awhile but I think that is highly doubtful considering the premium is the exact same game and there is nothing new on the LE cabinet, playfield or code that makes it different. Well, the decals I guess but that is small.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I am not sure that MSRP is a "rip off". My guess is that if anyone does give their spot up likely the distributor will resell at MSRP at this point. Not sure how much everyone paid on their LE.. perhaps people can chime in here without disclosing the distributor. I can say mine was very close to MSRP.
Once game play is shown, they could actually go up for awhile but I think that is highly doubtful considering the premium is the exact same game and there is nothing new on the LE cabinet, playfield or code that makes it different. Well, the decals I guess but that is small.

I think $8195 was the minimum and MSRP is $8995. Plus shipping on low end.

#54 6 years ago

I think i paid $7695 for my TWDLE, might have been $7495. Anybody else remember?

$8000 for GBLE

$8295 for ASLE

$8495 for SWLE

And of course $9495 for BM66LE

All delivered pricing

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think i paid $7695 for my TWDLE, might have been $7495. Anybody else remember?
$8000 for GBLE
$8295 for ASLE
$8495 for SWLE
And of course $9495 for BM66LE

I didn't buy ASLE or BM66LE but you are the exact same prices as me on GBLE and SWLE

#56 6 years ago

Was in on an LE, cancelled that with no regrets. No loss to Stern though as this is their weakest LE to date and still people are climbing over themselves for a plaque and 2 extra translites.

The days of LEs like STLE are certainly a thing of the past now, why add all that bling and extra cost to the BOM when they can literally add nothing and sell just as many

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The days of LEs like STLE are certainly a thing of the past now

In all fairness, STLE is more the exception than the rule with LE 'bling'. The majority of LE differences are backglass, cab art and armour (+ powdercoating). SWLE is no different except instead of a backglass, you get 3 translites. Even at a retail price, the extras are probably not worth the difference in price between SWLE and SWPRE. I think Stern is fully aware of customer displeasure with the LE feature matrix as evident by Steve's speech at a show a few weeks ago. There's talk of a backglass hyperspace effect, but nobody knows if it will be free or additional cost. Or maybe it won't happen after all. If it does happen and it's a freebie, that would be damn cool of Stern to do that. If it doesn't happen, I won't be disappointed... much... lol

Rob

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

In all fairness, STLE is more the exception than the rule with LE 'bling'. The majority of LE differences are backglass, cab art and armour (+ powdercoating). SWLE is no different except instead of a backglass, you get 3 translites. Even at a retail price, the extras are probably not worth the difference in price between SWLE and SWPRE. I think Stern is fully aware of customer displeasure with the LE feature matrix as evident by Steve's speech at a show a few weeks ago. There's talk of a backglass hyperspace effect, but nobody knows if it will be free or additional cost. Or maybe it won't happen after all. If it does happen and it's a freebie, that would be damn cool of Stern to do that. If it doesn't happen, I won't be disappointed... much... lol
Rob

I am glad Stern is hearing the comments and displeasure and I think the distributors are getting it to them as it never seems these forums go anywhere with Stern:

I agree STLE is the exception but no LE pinball matrix has been so lacking in addition features/value as SWLE and none in the past have been as high priced. Something has to give. I anxiously await any news but as it stands many including myself are leaning away from the LE or have already dropped out.

I don't believe there have likely been this many LE drop outs in the past. They always seemed to sell out and no one moved out early.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

LE still available from p4p.no (scandinavian dealer) and Pinball Heaven so i don't why you still keep saying "sold out"

Trust me, im first on the list at p4p.no. If anybody dropps off, still waiting for Ole to contact me

#60 6 years ago

you should change the title of this thread to, "slow learners".

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

In all fairness, STLE is more the exception than the rule with LE 'bling'. The majority of LE differences are backglass, cab art and armour (+ powdercoating). SWLE is no different except instead of a backglass, you get 3 translites.

SWLE is very different if you compare it to the two best & minus GOT most recent Ritchie LEs I can think of - AC/DC & STLE. Other than the usual LE difference of different art, those two LEs had the following:

STLE: Powdercoated armour, LED lite "interactive" side rails, raised laser cut backlit "flasher" insignias on backbox head, backglass, backlit stainless steal speaker panel & shaker

AC/DC: Powdercoated armour, Lasercut side rails & Backbox hinges, backglass, upgraded 12" sub, transparent red apron & shaker motor.

SWLE has: Powdercoated armour, laser cut side rails (but they are pretty lame compared to ST & AC/DC) 3 translites & .....?

Quoted from Rob_G:

Even at a retail price, the extras are probably not worth the difference in price between SWLE and SWPRE.
Rob

SWLE represents a new level of money grab from Stern there is nothing unique created specifically for the LE (other than the art) giving LE buyers 2 extra translites that Stern are producing hundreds of anyway is costing them pennies yet they are charging 1000s for the jump from Prem to LE.

I am a big Stern supporter (look at my collection of games) but they are starting to take make it obvious they are taking the p*ss and are not even trying to hide the fact.

#62 6 years ago

I don't know why you include powder coated armor as a benefit or an upgrade. Name one DMD stern that doesn't have powdercoated armor?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know why you include powder coated armor as a benefit or an upgrade. Name one DMD stern that doesn't have powdercoated armor?

Fancier powder coated armor. A gloss finish with different color and sometimes a design on the side rails. Instead of the standard hammer tone(?) simple black.

Rob

#64 6 years ago

but you do realize there is no added cost benefit here, as it cost the same to powdercoat flat black as it is for any other color or style.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but you do realize there is no added cost benefit here, as it cost the same to powdercoat flat black as it is for any other color or style.

Might not benefit you guys in the states but it benefits your pinhead brothers abroad!

We already pay a massive market up over domestic sales so nicer/fancier powder coating is a bonus, might be a little benefit to some compared to others but it's still a benefit/upgrade non the less - something that we then don't need to pay for on top of the price of the pin is an upgrade in my eyes.

Regardless point still stands, take away the powdering coating if you have to, it just makes the list on the SWLE really short!

#66 6 years ago

i'd rather my game come in steel and let me send it out for powdercoating and make it how I want and get my game cheaper. Powdercoating is cheap to get done. really cheap.

#67 6 years ago

So we are only showing 65 in that are staying in for sure. 35 were in and got out or are getting out. 12 (including me) thinking about getting out.

Wish we could see more numbers here as we are only 1/8 of the total LE's being sold. Perhaps no more on Pinside that are buying the LEs? Maybe the public, non pinside and likely less pinball educated people are the other 700?

That would almost make sense because it's hard to believe knowing what we know that many more would succumb to the LE with its low low value proposition on this title.

Of course we haven't seen premium or LE gameplay but judging from the Matrix there will be zero game play of playfield difference from the Premium.

#68 6 years ago

bump

#69 6 years ago

LE: All the gameplay and none of the wait.

#70 6 years ago

Gamefields are exactly the same. It's literally just a different art package and some siderail that will probably be options from modders later on. With $1300+ savings by getting a premium, I can do color dmds in my other games and plenty of great mods I've been wanting to do. That's how I'm seeing it anyway.

1 week later
#71 6 years ago

Just bumping this thread again. Anyone else with concerns that maybe never had concerns before. I see many LEs still for sale and available. Everyone still waiting for final look at the LE and whether it will offer any extras compared to what the matrix says? If the matrix is correct and there are no other value add items for the LE I am very likely going to be OUT

#72 6 years ago

I thought they started building them last week (could have been wrong info), so would assume the feature matrix is staying as is if so.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I thought they started building them last week (could have been wrong info), so would assume the feature matrix is staying as is if so.

SR talked on the twitch stream that perhaps something else was coming or being considered? I believe Stern is getting some push back from distributors as more drop out and more continue to sit on the fence as the extras in the LE are so slim.

Maybe someone knows more? The matrix has changed in the past near or at production so I am still hoping...

#74 6 years ago

"

Quoted from pinchamp:Maybe someone knows more? The matrix has changed in the past near or at production so I am still hoping...
"

I'm all in on the LE. I know I'll love this pin, but am a bit disappointed with the LE goodies ... if this were any other game, I'd be waiting for a used LE. However, I played the pro and flat out know I'll be keeping this thing as long as I roam the Earth .

If Stern wants to make me feel better about this purchase and wants me to buy the LE versions of their next rumored pins (Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Maiden), add the following to the LEs going forward :

1> Shaker motor (about $10 in COGS ... seriously, buy the frigging motors in quantity from China and throw one in each LE ... it is such a cheap feature to include on the top of the line model).

2> Their equivalent of invisiglass ... I know there isn't much of a profit margin on this stuff since you'd have to buy a building's worth of glass to get a decent price break, but it'd be a great token of goodwill.

3> Do something amazing with the backglass. If there aren't many good ideas, just have them made the old fashioned way (mirrored of course).

In the case of Star Wars LE, the *first* thing I thought we'd see on the LE after seeing the initial pics of the game is some kind of animation outside of the cockpit of the Falcon ... specifically some kind of amazing light show with motorize art akin to Black Hole ... that might get expensive though and not produce the desired effect ... what they should do is mount an LCD back there and drive static space, entering hyperspace, in hyperspace, and exiting hyperspace in sync with the game. Maybe throw in some Tie Fighter animations at the appropriate times. I think a 22" LCD would fit comfortably and the 3D effect of the translite overlaying the LCD would look amazing. The overhead driving the graphics is almost negligible since there isn't much, and the LCD itself would be silly-crazy cheap if bought in quantity. I wonder if the CPU board in SW has dual HDMI output ... if so, that approach would be a no brainer (I'm aware this introduces some overhead in software ... I don't think it'd be much though).

4> Maybe a colored apron if metal ones are a thing of the past (I kind of like the translucent colored ones).

Maybe throw in more Stern swag ... we idiots love swag.

When all is said and done, you're looking at a rather small increase on the BOM with most of the money going towards the invisiglass.

I don't mind the eventual topper being an option (though make it worth the asking price).

I really hope the holo r2d2 thing in the game's settings amounts to something cool.

#75 6 years ago

Still in on LE. Just love the theme. I feel the lights, sounds, and LCD will be over the top with the lights low in my game room. I will crank the volume and live it up playing!

#76 6 years ago

I dropped out of my LE a while back but I know of two others that have now done the same and waiting on Prem/LE video to decide on a Pro or Premium.

If I get back in, it will most definitely be a Prem and probably HUO, never thought I would be able resist buying SW NIB.

#77 6 years ago

you should all drop outa your le's until stern gives you something for the le price you are paying. stern is gonna keep skimming the le until all you get is a plaque with a number and a bullshit certificate.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I dropped out of my LE a while back but I know of two others that have now done the same and waiting on Prem/LE video to decide on a Pro or Premium.
If I get back in, it will most definitely be a Prem and probably HUO, never thought I would be able resist buying SW NIB.

I used to be into all the LEs. Then BM66 came and I dropped out. I just don't feel they are worth the price. I may get a premium after I play it and feel it is worth it.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I used to be into all the LEs. Then BM66 came and I dropped out. I just don't feel they are worth the price. I may get a premium after I play it and feel it is worth it.

Lyman is the main reason I stayed in on a BM plus I liked my BDK a lot but always wanted it to loose that teeter totter for a real 2nd ramp and loose that upper playfield, 66 offered those changes and Lyman at the helm was a risk I was happy to take.

It might only be true here in the UK as BM66 is priced no different to AS & SW but the BM66LE offered pretty good upgrade value over the Premium.

#80 6 years ago

I guess the real question should be... how many who are in on LEs even have the opportunity to drop out? Will all distributors offer a refund if drop out happens before game play is shown? Or drop out with refund as long as game hasn't shipped? What's the deal with that? If the gameplay is shown and the LE fails to really excite the senses and the hyperspace ramp and Death Star just show as cheap gimmicks, the LE is really going to go down the drain. But how many are in already with no way out? Would a distributor really keep your deposit? With no paperwork I don't believe they have any right. Should be buyers right to refund unless strict paperwork saying otherwise.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you should all drop outa your le's until stern gives you something for the le price you are paying. stern is gonna keep skimming the le until all you get is a plaque with a number and a bullshit certificate.

Yeah I get the whole BOM stuff. I am sure Stern spent like little or nothing for the SW license, but I don't give a crap. I have met so many good, opps sorry, GREAT friends since I got into Pinball 5 years ago and I can't figure out the cost of them coming over to play the crap out of my SW LE. I am actually adding value to it for that reason and not discounting it! Whoa!

I know a shit ton of folks in the ATL area that can come and play SW or any of my games if they like and are more than welcome. If you do not know me yet please PM me and we can see about setting up a time for you to stop by. I am serious! PM me.

I am in it for the people and the relationships I make with folks. I have never been in pins for the BOM or RIE or the BS for, so......let's quit being bitches and play some pinball!

Greg Banister

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah I get the whole BOM stuff. I am sure Stern spent like little or nothing for the SW license

I am sure you are completely wrong.

Rob

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am sure you are completely wrong.
Rob

Completely joking.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

...non pinside and likely less pinball educated people are the other 700?

The majority of my "pinball friends" are not on pinside or any other forum. And those are mainly REALLY long time collectors, many of them originating from routing games in the 80s & 90s. They are either just not interested in talking about pinball but rather spend their time playing their machines or they have looked into the forums and can't take the BS that's going on.

Think Steve Ritchie and his comments about pinside...it's the same I've been hearing for years from long time collectors when I start with "I read on pinside..."

I like to read/discuss about pinball, but even I need a few months break from pinside every now and then because it's become more of a display of bizarre nerd ego problems than a discussion platform about the hobby.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I like to read/discuss about pinball, but even I need a few months break from pinside every now and then because it's become more of a display of bizarre nerd ego problems than a discussion platform about the hobby.

Some of that is present, but it's not the whole forum from my perspective. The title of this topic already centers around whose going to spend $8-9,000.00 on a luxury purchase. That's a pretty limited group of people, even on Pinside.

As for the topic, I find myself in a unique situation. I've saved money for a game like this and could use it to get an LE, but I'm not tempted at all. I love Steve Ritchie games and Star Wars. I've come to realize that I've gotten really picky about what's on a game when I buy it NIB vs older at a value price. I agree with the many here that the LE doesn't seem as feature packed (or packed with the features I see as value) as some prior games. I purchased a AC/DC Premium right after it premiered. It was nicer than many LEs are just a few years later. I also have an STLE, another huge upgrade for the money.

Star Wars will have to blow me away in the playfield features. If it does, I think Premium will do it. I don't think it a reflection on Steve Ritchie at all, but Disney's control over the license makes it hard to get any art package in an adult oriented style that a die hard pinball fan would love. This game is ripe for a custom translight. As a personal preference, I much prefer wire form habittrails than plastic return ramps. It's purely cosmetic, but that my preference. I don't like that feature in the pro.

I hope those who are "in" really enjoy their games!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Completely joking.

Completely understood..

#87 6 years ago

Has Stern shown the added drop targets and magnet to SW prem yet? The lack of a prem/le video might be an instance of no news is good news. If they add it, I will buy it! #keepingthefaith

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Has Stern shown the added drop targets and magnet to SW prem yet? The lack of a prem/le video might be an instance of no news is good news. If they add it, I will buy it! #keepingthefaith

Are you just making stuff up?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you just making stuff up?

A couple of different people have posted it, the "rumour" in one or two of the SW threads. Personally I think it's wishful thinking but I agree with Jeff, if they add that stuff back in, I would get back in on a SW NIB.

#90 6 years ago

I agree with a Jeff as well. Some value added features - especially for the LE are badly needed to keep me in. Considering other LEs sold out on announcement day and SWLE still plentiful, I hope Stern has listened to their customers and distributors and add some more game features.

#91 6 years ago

Pinside would explode if they add these features to the premium/LE.

Lets hope we see some fireworks.

#92 6 years ago

The way pinball companies have been running things lately, I could see Stern saying, "Okay, all of you who already preordered an LE and were satisfied with what was already there, here's your features matrix. For those of you thinking about buying one, here's an updated matrix with added features."

#93 6 years ago

If Star Wars LE remains as it is... "I've got a bad feeling about this"...

The next LE could very well be more FEATURE packed than ever before.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Don't count on it,it is Stern after all.
Better wow me to, or I am out on the SWLE as well.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

LE is usually about bling. Most of the time I don't care about bling, but rather features that interact with the ball. This one time, because it's Star Wars I have interest in the LE.

Rob

#96 6 years ago

I was in on 2 LE's, dropped out of one. Feel like dropping out of the second one due to Stern's lack of communication and video before shipment. It is absolutely unacceptable, this may be my last Stern purchase if I don't drop out. On the flip side...I am stoked about getting my AFMRLE. Some of the other manufactures are just doing it better......for sure!

#97 6 years ago

CGC has really stepped it up! Now is their time to take over the market and get into new theme's as well as remakes!!

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I was in on 2 LE's, dropped out of one. Feel like dropping out of the second one due to Stern's lack of communication and video before shipment. It is absolutely unacceptable, this may be my last Stern purchase if I don't drop out. On the flip side...I am stoked about getting my AFMRLE. Some of the other manufactures are just doing it better......for sure!

Expecting my AFMLE to arrive in the next few weeks. So nice to have no concerns and no second guessing as they have communicated throughout the process. I have no idea if a SWLE even exists or maybe this is the pre-order model again

#99 6 years ago

6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi (resized).jpg6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago

I think the thing we "pinheads" are forgetting is this is STAR WARS! Stern is not stupid, they know they can cut corners on this one to save money and people will still buy it. I'm not backing out of my LE because even if it's completely garbage I know there's some ultra star wars fan out there that will spend a Fortune on it. I have a star wars cockpit from 1983 and had an upright as well. Some guy asked me if I'd sell my upright and I said no he kept bugging me until I threw out an insane number $4,500 he didn't hesitate. Like I said pinball collecting is one thing but Star Wars collectors are an entirely different breed. I honestly think you wouldbe making a big mistake backing out of this one . Don't forget the extra movie will be released this winter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,053 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-who-is-in-who-was-in-who-wants-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.