12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 6 years ago

Unfortunately the dead flippers when the ball comes off the hyperspace ramp is not fixed in code .093. Had a game where the ball went into the hyperspace ramp, ball came back onto the play field and the game just ended the turn and the flippers died. I really want to like this game but I have a feeling this will be the quickest game to come and leave my collection.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jack the back legs up and see if that will help. Keep the game steep.

Rob and Chuck, thanks for the reply. I believe the game is set at 6.8 right now. Getting the ball into the Death Star actually works really well. I forgot which mode it was in when the dead flippers happened. I kind of remembered the ball going around the ramp a couple times, then it was released into the right outlane and then the ball just ended. This happened before the .93 code update also. Getting this game level and all the bugs ironed out is frustrating. I have about 20 games in my collection now and had about four that I sold. As of now this game has to be the hardest to setup to play correctly. The horse shoe sometimes shoots the ball directly down the middle also. The game is level left to right after checking with a level.

2 weeks later
#278 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Running .93 had this issue for the first time.
Playing R2D2 tie fighter multiball.
Had two balls left then all of the sudden both flippers no response.
Left side flasher behind the drop targets flashing.
Looked up at the display and the Star Destroyer had little explosions various places but a still picture just for a moment.
Balls had drained and I put my name in (it had went to game over mode).
Attempted to start another game no coils, Force lights under the inserts were cycling very dim and flasher behind them blinking but no coils. I could here the flipper sounds so the switches were working.
Went directly to coil test and cycled coils nothing. Powered down machine and back on, booted but still no coils.
Removed balls lifted playfield found nothing obvious put playfield back in place.
Turned off machine opened back box and cycled power back on all lights on MPU came on normally, and the machine booted normally. Pressed start and it searched for the balls so the coils were back on.
Played by hand making sure hyper loop worked and it does.
Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue while playing R2D2 and getting Hyper Space or Tie Fighter multi-ball, I forgot which mode. Same thing balls came out of loop and flippers just died. This happened with the newest code.

1 month later
#345 6 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

So I'm getting a Star Wars, and I'm getting at least the premium. After that, I'm torn. I "want" an LE on this specific title simply to get the best of the best on a timeless classic theme, and that might just be enough. But that's so emotional, not really rational.
Since, there's nothing "limited" anymore about a run of 800 LE's I can't see the price going up in the secondary market. Can anyone make rational arguments for getting the LE over the Premium? No difference in game play? How about lighting? Is there a different light show like there was in Star Trek LE with those side rails? Is there anything about the gameplay experience? Maybe I could see the resale value not dropping quite as severely?

jkleinnd, I created two videos of the walk thru of a Star Wars LE and also a Premium. I went through gameplay, artwork, and also specs of each game. I purchased a Premium model myself since the differences of the two were minor. I also like the artwork on the Prem better than the LE. That is my personal opinion. I posted the two versions of the video if you want to look through them to maybe help with your decision.

Star Wars Prem Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/11/28/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-premium-unboxing-tweaks-artwork-rules-and-gameplay-video/

Star Wars Prem Video :

Star Wars LE Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/unboxing-sterns-star-wars-le-unboxing-and-video-review/

Star Wars LE Video :

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

These were by far the best videos posted that I have watched from start to finish. Thank you for doing them and posting.

Thanks, appreciate the positive comments.

2 weeks later
#353 6 years ago

If the ball is it hard really fast through the horse shoe area (Going through Hoth area first), the ball shoots right down the middle. It happens 1 in every 10 shots usually. Really annoying. Don't know if that area is adjustable at all.

2 weeks later
#371 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

when hit hyperloop
starts to go, game goes dark and ball falls out while han says "think we having problems"
has this happened to anyone or has been covered?
thanks

It has happened to me , rarely, but it has happened before and after the most recent update of 1.0

7 months later
#602 5 years ago

Anyone else find any fixes for the horse shoe drain down the middle? I saw the post about the plumbers tape, haven't tried that yet. I am getting drains mostly from entering the Hoth side leaving the Death Star area..My game is pitched correctly and leveled. Thanks

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I was able to re-align the rail enough by loosening the holding nuts and gently bending. The same for the Mystery eject and left orbit. Now the Mystery hits the left flipper squarely and the left orbit hits the right flipper even at full speed. Both would sdtm.

Thanks HPR and D-Gottlieb will give both of these options a try to see if I can get the shots working better. It is a fun game when everything works. It's the only game I owned where you have to tweak the heck out of it for it to work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=wiggy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.