12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talon2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

This is for problems and solutions. So that us LE owners can hopefully correct problems that arise with this Title.

So far one of my biggest problems is the ball gets stuck on the left ramp exit by the hyperloop. This happens at least once per game.

20170815_171202 (resized).jpg20170815_171202 (resized).jpg

20170815_171207 (resized).jpg20170815_171207 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

After unboxing and setup it played one game ok. Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems. Thought it might be a switch problem but switch test reveal nothing, everything works. Tried updating the code, and that didn't make a difference either.

In contact with Dist, and Stern. Awaiting TS support. No resolution yet.

#4 6 years ago

Next problem, ball trough issues. Drained ball not sensed. This could be due to the previous random electronics issues, but seems to be a standard problem with Stern. Ball drains, not sensed, goes into ball search, repeats.

Reseating the trough connectors appears to clear the problem for a short time.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With the power off, have you tried reseating connectors? I would lift the pf and start reseating them from board to board. Should only take about 15 mins. When pins get shipped, things rattle, one loose wire could cause a slew of issues.
Edit: reseat those opto boards too. A bad opto could trigger all sorts of switch hits.

Yup tried that.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Also check the cat5 cables that are plugged in from board to board. I know someone who had a GB topper, where the internal cat5 cable, was installed and one of the pins was bent and not connecting and made it do all kinds of things.

Reseated but didn't check the pins. will check when I get back to it.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Kinda wondering why the spot is facing all the way to the left. Kinds looks like...'opps..it doesn't fit with the Prem\LE ramp anymore'

Hadn't noticed that. But yeah it is kinda odd.

#16 6 years ago

This is supposed to be a thread about problems on the machine, not personal issues with the title.

1 month later
#43 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

LE: also have the problem of ball jumping onto slingshot plastic too often
Can anyone please post pictures how they fixed this? Thanks a lot in advance!

I was told it was a bad wire form ramp. It shouldn't bounce out after coming down. I would call stern.

2 weeks later
#71 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Did you fix you demonic possessed SWLE . If so what was causing all theses issues was something arching? Sounds like the PRO is a better bet . But I like LE's . But They sound like a pain in the ass.

Returned the machine, and got another one.

2 weeks later
#233 6 years ago

Been running .92 since it came out on my LE, no issues yet. Just scored a 1.5B game.

2 months later
#363 6 years ago

So I installed 1.0 in my SWLE and played today.

Had a software bug where while playing I got the hyperloop hurry up lit, and the tie fighter assault lit. Finished the Tie assault, and then immediately shot the hyperloop. Ball went around the hyperloop, GI went out, flippers died, and all I could do was select a DeathStar Mission, and watch my ball drain.

Don't forget if you run into a software problem to email [email protected]

2 weeks later
#389 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

when hit hyperloop
starts to go, game goes dark and ball falls out while han says "think we having problems"
has this happened to anyone or has been covered?
thanks

Yes it's a software bug, for some reason it thinks you want to start the DS mission, so it starts the select mission sequence. They know about it and are working on it.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Usually sdtm shots comes from the death star to hoth side, about 20% of the shots were sdtm
Sometimes on both sides of the loops also.
Now with this small diverter about 1/30 shots are sdtm

Well that's why I haven't noticed it. I can't hit that damn shot. I can't hit the Hyperloop, but once in 20 games. It's the only shot I constantly practice and constantly miss

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

What SW version are you playing Premium/LE or the Pro . Thank You still deciding which version to purchase.

I got an LE

1 month later
#460 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am on V1.0 and still having the issue where flippers go dead after hyperloop.

New code just came out, sounds like they implemented a fix for this. However from reading teh update notes, it sounds like this will still happen, but it will send a ball to the shooter once it drains. Not exactly the fix I would have wanted, but at least getting a ball back after it drains from mission select being activated during a hyperloop will piss me off less. Installing the new code today so we shall see.

#462 6 years ago

Ok new code installed. Didn't have the hyperloop, tie fighter assault, mission select ball drain issue.

But what I did get was this.

Death Star Mission select ready,
Hyperspace Loop Ready,
Tie Fighter Assault ready.
Hit Tie Fighter, completed Assault mode, shot the deathstar.
Ball loops around hyperloop 2-3 times, then stays in the Deathstar.
Mission select missing, ball not returning.
Ball search then released the ball from Death Star.

Also I've started noticing planking on the play field appears to be inline with the wood grain, approximately 1/8" apart going the full length and width of the playfield.

1 week later
#476 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

IT seems like 1.01 slowed down the hyperloop speed, but it sometimes runs out of oomph now. Still have a lot of issues. Ball gets trapped behind the forks a lot and have to wait for ball search. There is a optical sensor back there so i dont whats going on, it works sometimes. Its a little fusterating.

I too have noticed hyperloop slowness with the new code.

1 week later
#498 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

It works 95% of the time, but occasionally just sits there. I think has to do playing r2d2. I will try to figure out the sequence. Nobody else having this issue?

I guess I'll have to play R2 more. I get stuck Playing Han most of the time.

#499 6 years ago

Sorry no picture at this time, but I got tired of hearing the metal clunk sound when the ball transitions to the wire form on the right side. So I removed the wire form, and put some small rubber hose on the ends of the wire form that engage into the metal ramp bracket. Not more rattle noise. I guess you could also use some wire shrink on the tips of the wire ramp.

1 week later
#510 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It is a left outlane monster.

Just put a ring between the posts I'm really hating the left outlane myself. Still haven't destroyed the Deathstar. I can typically get one or two shots to the hyperloop in a game. I just keep practicing that shot, but no love so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talon2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=talon2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.