12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider straight2vhs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

Our LE is getting a lot of attention but we have uncovered at least one issue. The hyperspace hurry up hyperloop feature won't send the ball around more than once. It seems the accelerator magnets may not be receiving enough voltage. The PF is at 6.2 degrees. I know 6.8 is optimal but the floor is preventing us from setting the back any higher. Any how, this issue is causing problems when in some cases sending a ball into the hyperloop triggers a mission selection. Since the ball falls out after 1 round, it drains immediately because the flippers are inactive during mission selection.

Does anyone know if the accelerator magnets can be adjusted in the system menu? I was unable to find it anywhere. Also, when I go into diagnostics mode to test the accelerator, I get the same issue with the ball going around only once. If I pull the PF up and raise it high enough, the hyperloop does send the ball around over and over.

A second issue is showing on the system menu saying right flipper EOS check switch #6. The flipper seems to work fine.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Are you running the latest code?
I think this is the issue that was occurring on the dead-flip stream?

Yes, I am running .89. Hyperspace hurry up is set to the default easy mode in the settings. I've tried numerous times to get a ball to circle more than once with the glass off and had no success.

We also had the anchor screw come off on the tie fighter prop, which was causing it to turn left and right. I never found the screw but was able to replace it with another one I had on hand.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I would suggest that you try the test in the menus first. You can hand-propel a ball into the deathstar, and it should cycle all the way around the warp ramp/loop that way. If that doesn't do it, at least you know for sure that something's off.

Did the test and no-go. Just one time around. It is finally logging an issue in the service menu though. Check switch #52 accelerator opto 3. I'll reach out to Stern this week on the issue.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Did the test and no-go. Just one time around. It is finally logging an issue in the service menu though. Check switch #52 accelerator opto 3. I'll reach out to Stern this week on the issue.

Issue resolved. I swapped connections between the #3 and #4 accelerators and that solved my issue. I feel like R2 fixing the hyperdrive.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Awesome - I'll have to swing by and drop more coin

Swing by. Big difference with this feature working. I thought it would hold the ball in the Death Star during mission selection. It actually continues the loop until you select. Much better than watching it drain with no use of the flippers.

2 years later
#657 3 years ago

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.

Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider straight2vhs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=straight2vhs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.