12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smallkingtut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down.

When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.

This advice is fantastic. I moved the wire ramp up a little on my Premium, and it changed how well the ball was grabbed by the first coil as well as how the ball came out the other side of the accelerator. The Hyperloop is so much smoother now, the initial shot and everything. My ball "banging around near the entrance and exit to the accelerator and regularly falling out the bottom of the loop" problem is now fixed.

My last item to tinker with is now fixing the intermittent problem of the diverter popping up at the wrong time about once every 8 or 9 hyperloop attempts. Sometimes it is a little too late and the ball either gets catapulted off the hyperloop or the ball gets slowed down significantly to where it can't make it around again to the first accelerator coil. So it just eventually falls out at the bottom of the loop. It does not happen that frequently. It doesn't kill the game. However, it is a letdown right after what I think is one of the best/most exciting parts of this game.

I saw the diverter was a problem a while ago that people posted. Not sure if a software patch/update fixed it in the past and it is back? Anyone else with this problem still? Anything I can do about testing/fixing an intermittent problem with the timing of the diverter on the hyperloop? Or is that going to be more of a software release fix? Any insights would be fantastic from anyone that has been working on or addressed this problem.

Overall, this game is fantastic now that the Hyperloop is fixed (mostly)! Thanks

1 week later
#369 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

It looks like the accelerator lacks enough force as ball goes around.

I have noticed this as well. Sometimes it works great, times great with the diverter. Sometimes it falls out the bottom of the DS. I have also noticed that the first ball on HyperSpace Multi-Ball almost always falls out the DS immediately. Like all the other lights, sounds, popping new balls, and other action going on are taking too much energy from the accelerator to keep going strong.

At least I am not the only one. Thanks to all for replying. Things are better with the tweaking of the wire rails, but not consistently better.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

when hit hyperloop
starts to go, game goes dark and ball falls out while han says "think we having problems"
has this happened to anyone or has been covered?
thanks

So this happens to me when Hyperloop overlaps with the selection of a new mission. I try to pick an episode as quick as I can to reactivate the flippers and try to save the ball. I am not always fast enough. He also says "It's not my fault", which is also ironic due to the failing of HyperSpace just like the movie.

I can predict with pretty good certainty with Hyperloop problem. Tatooine II will likely end with a catapult of the ball from the diverter. First Hyperspace hurry up usually works fine. Hyperspace Multiball will almost never make it around even once - it barely makes it to the Death star to just drop out under it.

#378 6 years ago

I think that we all have the diverter issue and it is past something you and I can change. I feel that the issue is with the software catching up. The diverter does not open at exactly the same time every time. The better we have got playing the game, the more this happens

Quick update. Spoke on the phone with Stern and they are telling me things with the diverter are software related as well. They also told me to look for excessive wear on the loop where it may show that the ball may not be moving smoothly. Try to form the wire ramp appropriately.

I now think my wire ramp is clearly the problem on speed and the accelerator has plenty of power. I have tried bending it around a little where it exits the accelerator where the wire guards are to keep it on the ramp. Right after I find the sweet spot, it absolutely flies around the field smooth. Unfortunately, that doesn't last long and as it bends back a little or the ball moves it back over time. It is amazing what a small tweak on the ramp can do to make that ball fly and go smoothly. It's millimeters.

I guess I keep bending it back until the wire ramp settles into a spot where I like it too? I hate bending it this much though. Hard not to do it when the ball flies around so much faster and hyperspace multiball is so much more fun now - and working right. I might ask Stern for another wire ramp if I keep having to bend this thing around.

I am learning that is for sure...

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Could you post some pictures of the metal wireform you are bending please ? and what are you using to bend the metal wireform with . Thank you .

So the pic of the wear on the diverter shows how the ball comes out of the accelerator and wants to continue to the left as it goes into the wire ramp and the wire guard rings. You can see the line just slightly works its way to the left as you go from top to bottom of the pic of the diverter.

The pic of the wire ramp shows where I am trying to move/bend the wire ramp and the wire guard ring rails more to the left to support the ball as the receives it to the left. If you think of the ball as a clock, the wire guard rails should be guiding it at closer to 10 and 2 on the top of the ball. Before I started to shape it, the left guard rail was hitting the ball much closer to 11 or even 12. Less guiding there and more colliding. It would slow it down significantly or sometimes ricochet it down - until i reshape with my hand.

Also on the pic of the wire ramp, you can see how the wire ring that is further back it not very circular on the left side, a sharp crook to the left, unlike the wire ring closer in the picture. I am wondering if the sharp bend is a telltale sign of the problem too. Cant help but wonder if others without problems have a nicely rounded back wire ring? Thinking something happened during the welding?

Anyway, yes I truly love the game. So much fun. Hopefully I can put the wire rails issue to bed soon. I just share here to see if anyone else has had any bright ideas or if I am on the right track or not.

IMG_20180114_163942352 (resized).jpgIMG_20180114_163942352 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180114_164108597 (resized).jpgIMG_20180114_164108597 (resized).jpg

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thanks for taking the time

No problem. I thought it was a good idea for others needing help or maybe someone could confirm the shape of the wire guard rings being rounded or more like mine - lopsided to the left.

Anyway, i played a quick game to test out if the wire rails were still in a good place since the last "shaping", and I was lucky enough to get HyperSpace Multiball. Got two in the loop and they were even diverted appropriately at the end. SO much fun. I love the HyperLoop.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Also on the pic of the wire ramp, you can see how the wire ring that is further back it not very circular on the left side, a sharp crook to the left, unlike the wire ring closer in the picture. I am wondering if the sharp bend is a telltale sign of the problem too. Cant help but wonder if others without problems have a nicely rounded back wire ring? Thinking something happened during the welding?
Anyway, yes I truly love the game. So much fun. Hopefully I can put the wire rails issue to bed soon. I just share here to see if anyone else has had any bright ideas or if I am on the right track or not.

Quick update: Finally called Stern. They agreed to send me a new hyperloop within minutes of the call starting. Very happy with Stern tech support.

I am also having more enjoyment playing now since I am not stressing on the Hyperloop related stages. Glad I called.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Quick update: Finally called Stern. They agreed to send me a new hyperloop within minutes of the call starting. Very happy with Stern tech support.
I am also having more enjoyment playing now since I am not stressing on the Hyperloop related stages. Glad I called.

Received the Hyperloop and it is installed. Wow. What a difference. The Hyperloop flies now. It is night and day. It never went this fast before ever. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I had received all new amped up accelerators.

Thanks to everyone here for posting their problems and solutions over time - helping me diagnose and get to the answer. This game just got even better.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I'm planning to use the external audio line and install a sub, that will certainly be extensively amazing.

I searched all over for an ext audio line for my sub. I was about ready to get some alligator clips.

Where is "the external audio line" you speak of? Thank you.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Can something cause the accelerator mechanism not to fling the ball around as fast? I was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Make sure the optics light test is firing for all four optics on the screen on the accelerator test as well.

Otherwise, a few things can be the problem in my experience: the wire ramp going into the Death Star may need to be adjusted up or down, the wire ramp leaving the accelerator may have a wire guard rail slowing things down, the diverter may be opening to late and slowing the ball down - if not flat out ejecting or colliding with the ball. The diverter is a software problem.

My diverter problems are a lot less often now that my wire ramp problems are solved. I needed a new wire ramp, but didn't realize it at first because I didn't know any better. My wire guard rails coming out if the accelerator were slowing down the ball by hitting them closer to the top of the ball instead of the sides.

Good luck

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

On my Premium, when you start a game each character has solid lights on some of the mode inserts - is this normal? The lit inserts change depending on the character
Just noticed it and don't think I recall this being the case when I first got the machine...
Makes it look like you have already completed modes when you haven't

That is part of fun of selecting a path. Different characters have different bonuses as well as different paths to getting to Jedi multi ball. I find Han easier to advance in modes and R2-D2 easier to rack up points.

1 month later
#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

I too have noticed hyperloop slowness with the new code.

I have noticed the Hyperloop slowness at times as well. I don't get as many catapults now, but they still happen.

A catapulted ball bounced off the glass and knocked the level off it's mount and onto the play field last night. First time the catapult kinda bummed me out...

1 week later
#509 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

The hyperloop speed is definately slower, but it does not hit the dropdoor and hit the glass now. That was happening on mine and it was a pretty violent smack on the glass. It also restarts the ball after the dead flipper thing. I wish some other changes would be made.

The slower Hyperloop has not been a problem for me until now. I just installed a shaker. Now the new slower Hyperloop speed seems to be affected by the two shakes at the start of a hyperloop. If it makes it past the two shakes, it is fine. Otherwise the shakes cause the loop to fall down the bottom of the loop.

I hope they can get the timing worked out and speed the loop back up. The super fast loop is really fun.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Anyone else have the ball get stuck going around the hyperspace loop more than it should? Like when you hit a hyperspace hurry up and it used to go around 3 times and then into the diverted, but now I’m seeing it go around about 20 times. It still comes out of the diverter like normal, but that seems wrong.

So this just happened to me twice - two games in a row. While playing Hoth2/Tatooine2 as Luke, I hit the Hyperloop and it went around countless times. Clearly not Hyperspace multiball mode, it was the initial hyperspace mode. The first time it finally stopped on its own and fell out the bottom of the death star - 20-30 times around. The second time it went really really long. Eventually i turned off the game to stop it.

I love the hyperloop. Starting to get a little frustrated with the diverter - 1.) excessive hyperloops with Luke on Hoth2/Tatooine2 and 2.) diverter catapulting

Hope the new code this month has a big diverter fix and the hyperloop speeds back up again.

2 months later
#564 5 years ago

So it appears that my right outlane "may the force be with you" gate will interfere with the shooter lane when the gate is open. Sometimes the ball strikes it enough on an auto-plunge that the ball just floats out onto the field and drifts down directly to the flippers. There is also wear on the butt of the gate where this happens.

I have tried unscrewing and reseating. I have also tried making the bend a little closer to 90 degrees on the gate to have it be more squarely seated when screwed down all the way.

These have helped, but when I place my finger on the gate during an auto-plunge, i can still feel some small amount of contact from the ball.

Anyone else have this problem? Thinking about calling Stern for a new gate...

Thanks

#567 5 years ago

We did. At first I thought it was because the gate screw had come loose. Ours turned out to be the auto plunger adjustment. If the auto plunger shoots the ball straight up the shooter lane, the ball does not hit the return gate.
Auto plunger...Playfield can be up and out of the machine. Without the ball in the shooter lane, fire the auto plunger by hand a few times to make sure that it centers itself. In the shooter lane, slowly move the ball down towards the autoplunger. As the ball starts touching the two prongs, the ball must touch to two prongs evenly. If you can manage it, evenly spaced on the ball helps too. It cannot touch one side first and then the other. It has to be even so it launches the ball straight. You will notice the prongs will already be bent. Usually you only have to bend one prong to get this right. If you think you have it right, take the ball away, fire the auto plunger by hand a few times and check. Once you like it, turn the machine back on and check. If the machine in on and you put a ball in the shooter lane, machine will fire the auto plunger. You do not have to go in to test. When you are happy with this then check the plunger.
Plunger. make sure the playfield is all the way down and sitting exactly where it should as if you were going to put the latch bar back on. The plunger should not be touching the ball, the ball should be resting evenly on the auto plunger. Push on the plunger slowly until it touches the ball. The plunger should hit middle, just top of dead centre. This is so when you plunge the ball, it fires straight up the shooter lane with top spin. The are 3 no2 phillips head screws on the plunger. If you loosen all three, you should be able to move the plunger around enough to get the adjustment right. If you cannot, you will need to remove the two locating screws that hold the plunger in the machine. Once you have the plunger in the right spot, you can replace those 2 screws so the plunger does not move any more.
Good luck.

Thank you for this great post. After a quick glance this morning, I am almost positive the auto plunger is the problem. I will explore more tonight.

Thank you for sharing your insights.

#579 5 years ago

My pleasure! I have received far more help than I have given out on Pinside. Good to help out in return.
Good Luck!

Quick follow up. I bent the prong over like you suggested. Worked like a charm. Thank you.

1 month later
#597 5 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

I am having issue with hyperloop speed. It will not even make it all the way around once. It just started happening. I was running .03 and just update to .05 and it is still happening. Any thoughts?

How does the accelerator test go? Does it make it all the way around then? Do all the sensor lights work? Turn off the accelerator off if you have to and roll the ball backwards to see the test results. If they work you likely need to adjust the loop a little.

I had a sensor go bad. I also had a poorly shaped loop. Both are fixed for me now. Stern gave great and fast support for both problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smallkingtut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=smallkingtut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.