12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is for problems and solutions. So that us LE owners can hopefully correct problems that arise with this Title.
So far one of my biggest problems is the ball gets stuck on the left ramp exit by the hyperloop. This happens at least once per game.

Just get a standoff and attach to the post instead of the nut. Get one tall enough to not allow the ball to get in there. I'd think that'd fix it up permanently.

Quoted from Talon2000:

After unboxing and setup it played one game ok. Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems. Thought it might be a switch problem but switch test reveal nothing, everything works. Tried updating the code, and that didn't make a difference either.
In contact with Dist, and Stern. Awaiting TS support. No resolution yet.

This sounds horrible. Maybe a node network issue? If there is a node board test go into that and check it out. I'd also look at unplugging/plugging in the node board connectors.

Hope you get it going

1 month later
#126 6 years ago

On the fork ramp, my fork ramp wasn't going down right and staying up all the time. I went into the test and both the down and up switches were showing engaged when the ramp was up. I was able to manually adjust the down switch and it seems to be working just fine now.

I think the code changed how it was looking at the switches and expects them to only work when they are supposed to so some of you may need to try adjusting the switches.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Thanks for the input but during the ramp test, I manually moved the motor to trip the switches to read but I still got no voltage going from the board to the motor. I also tested the motor outside of the circuit and it works properly. Hopefully they'll address this quickly, or at least provide us some code to allow the game to grant mode starts without the ramp. Not near as fun but at least it'd be playable.

Well looks like I'll go play my other games this weekend and leave the SW off until we know more. I'd rather not toast a board...

#171 6 years ago

Well this sucks, I updated my SW to .92 the day it came out and have only played a handful of games because we went out of town. I'm in the leave it off camp, until I know what is going on. I didn't have any problems with mine after I adjusted the switches, but am weary to try playing and risk frying a board. However, I may just turn the thing on this coming weekend and play the snot out of it if we haven't heard anything from Stern by then.

During the update, I did leave the machine on for quite a while after it completed and pretty sure I left it off a while before turning it back on for the reset. I was doing other things as usual, so wasnt in any hurry.

#178 6 years ago

Ok, I was mistaken. I only put .91 code on my machine. Is .91 safe to play? I don't have an older version around and no links on the Stern site to grab an earlier version and go backwards.

If we are sure it is only a 0.92 issue, then I'm going to fire it up and start playing again. I'm having withdrawals...

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Well, I downloaded the old code. Took three times of turning on and it finally read the USB and kicked the screen on. Started download and it froze just like when I was trying to re download .92. Now on second week with this machine sitting there not working at all. Literally from hour 1 I've had issues. Still waiting on parts from stern. Distro is zero help. Just curious has anyone had to sue stern or the distro over a "lemon" before?

This sounds a lot like your USB stick isn't up to the task. I'd go pick up a new 16GB super fast stick, not the cheapest available. Format it, and then copy the code onto the stick. Make sure you EJECT the USB from the PC before pulling it out. Put it in the machine and switch it on. Then do a Full Upgrade with verification. (use the selectors to walk through the options). I've had issues with USBs on all pinballs, even from other manufacturers. These small boards are not as fault tolerant to slow/unsteady USB sticks.

Hope it works out. I was able to download .89 and downgrade my machine last night and it's all working fine.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

No. Bought two new High speed USB 32 gb. Formatted before. Download worked fine the first time for .92. Game crashed and now it won’t turn game on or finish download.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it straightened up soon.

2 months later
#377 6 years ago

So I got my spacer kit and cap kits installed yesterday and started playing SW again. I figured I wouldn't risk it and just wait until the kits came in. They went in fairly easily and the game still worked so I called that a win.

However, I hadn't played in a week or so and the first couple of times I hit the hyperloop, the diverter opened late and launched the ball all the way up the shooter lane via a bounce off of the glass. After those first couple of times it seemed to work just fine.

I'm wondering if this had more to do with the playfield being in an upright position while I added the spacers and caps, or if it's the result of not playing it for a week. Figured I'd mention it in case others notice the same thing after servicing the underplayfield in an upright position. It might be wise to open and close that diverter a couple times to make sure it is lined up well after putting the playfield down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=silverballnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.