12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

If Death Star missions are lit when you shoot it up there it should hold the ball while you select your mission not fire around the hyperloop.
I have had what you have happen once and assumed it missed a switch somewhere. Because it is expecting the ball to be held while you select the mission. I also drained with dead flippers
Since it happens every time, contact Stern and see if they can help you troubleshoot. Or check each of the magnet connections and the switches.

There are a couple of bugs which can cause this, but it won't be every single time a player shoots the ramp.

Rob

2 weeks later
#93 6 years ago

A fix/mod is needed for the right ramp leading edge - or all ramp edges. The right ramp edge is too exposed and balls are directly hitting the edge and a dent is forming. It's a very thick ramp, but I suppose the weld could still eventually break. In any case, the ball should not be hitting ramp edges like this on any game.

The left ramp edges also have small dents, but by far the worst is the right ramp, right side.

Rob

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg

20171001_025632 (resized).jpg20171001_025632 (resized).jpg

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Mine has the same small dings. What welds? I think they thought the targets at the edges would protect the ramps. Not sure how to fix this without messing with the target shots.

However the pieces of the ramp are connected to each other. The ramps are pretty strong so maybe that won't happen..

The right target isn't wide enough to protect the ramp leading edge.

Rob

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t think this is going to be an issue, but you could take a post sleeve and slit it so it can be installed on the edge of the ramp if you were very concerned.

Or tweak the ramp opening wider about 1mm on each side.

Rob

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Hey STERN,
pls upload 0.91 again to your code side so that I can play while waiting of the fix.
Just submitted the request to STERN to upload 0.91 while they fixing the problem. Seems to be a longer story

The jump ramp did not change from .91 to .92.

Rob

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

So ... my forks are definitely bending outward as well. Although they do not seem to be impairing the up/down motion of the ramp (yet)... I know they were not like that out of the box because I got pretty intimate with the various components of the game when I was installing the playfield protector.
seems like Stern would have programmed the pop-up post to be up at the same time as the ramp and protect it.

The game is still new, but the bending forks could be a problem down the road. But like some things in pinball, it might just be a wear and tear item that gets replaced. Hopefully future replacements will be better and non bending. If not, someone will make improved parts that don't bend.

The up post keeps the ball from backspinning out of the loop.

Mine are bent a little too, but not as bad as shown in some pictures.

Rob

#151 6 years ago

Pulling the glass out of the game makes a horrible loud screeching sound, like nails on a chalkboard. I've never had a game do this before. Maybe some talc powder in the glass channel or??? I'll try some novus 1 in the plastic channel first.

Rob

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I just bought a Starwars LE 4 weeks ago and I notice I have an issue with outlane gate. When the ball goes down the outlane and the outlane gate opens then the ball ends up in the shooter lane, the gate doesn’t close and reset. Even when it goes into a new game or another player the outlane gate does not close or reset. Even when I shut the game down and started it up again the outlane gate stays open and doesn’t reset. Any ideas on a fix for this and has anybody else experienced this issue.

I had the opposite where the gate on my LE wouldn't open.

Make sure the gate hast a slight amount of up/down play (like flippers do) so it's not binding on the pivot shaft.

If that's ok, then I suspect the flat metal plate that the small coil pulls on is binding at its pivot point. The spring is supposed to pull it away from the coil when the coil has no power. That closes the gate. If it's jamming, you might need to do some 'adjusting' to loosen it up so it moves freely. I used pliers on mine to give it a bit of a sideways tug. It's been good since. Or, you can talk to your distributor and see if they can get a replacement assembly for you from Stern.

See if it's binding/jammed where the white arrow is.

Rob

482edd206159cf606043cc801ba76f7e3eb5e48b.jpeg (resized).jpg482edd206159cf606043cc801ba76f7e3eb5e48b.jpeg (resized).jpg

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Well, I downloaded the old code. Took three times of turning on and it finally read the USB and kicked the screen on. Started download and it froze just like when I was trying to re download .92. Now on second week with this machine sitting there not working at all. Literally from hour 1 I've had issues. Still waiting on parts from stern. Distro is zero help. Just curious has anyone had to sue stern or the distro over a "lemon" before?

Why is your distro not helping you?

And what parts are you waiting on?

Rob

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Unfortunately the dead flippers when the ball comes off the hyperspace ramp is not fixed in code .093. Had a game where the ball went into the hyperspace ramp, ball came back onto the play field and the game just ended the turn and the flippers died. I really want to like this game but I have a feeling this will be the quickest game to come and leave my collection.

Did it go into mission select while the ball was looping?

Rob

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

Stern sent a new power supply that I switched out but it still won't turn on. I have no idea

Then the cpu must be bad?

Rob

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Has anyone noticed that the speed of the ball hitting the back of the forks eventually deforms the forks?
Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, it's been noted. The real question is when will Stern change the material used to make these forks?

Rob

2 weeks later
#285 6 years ago
Quoted from jon_f:

1. The balls do not stay locked in the hyperspace loop. They usually go around 5 times or so (sometimes more, sometimes less) before falling out. It looks like they hit the top of the accelerator input tunnel (the metal, not the plastic cover) after going through the Death Star and then fall back down the fork ramp (see picture). I've tried adjusting the height of the wire ramp that goes through Death Star, but still can't get the balls to fly through endlessly like they should in service mode. Contacted Stern and sent pictures. Waiting to hear back. Any suggestions on adjustments I can make?

I don't have an idea on any adjustments, but there are rare occasions where the ball hits something and goes flying off the rail at the back right of the loop. It's really rare that it happens though.

Quoted from jon_f:

2. The ball bounces up and over the flipper way too often. Mostly happens when the flying through the inner loops (coming from either side) and moving very quickly. Any idea what I can do to prevent this?

I tend to let the ball bounce of the flipper to avoid this and the balls smacking the bottom of the hyperloop (above the flippers). Eventually the game will slow down a bit and it shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Rob

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sometimes the ball does not fire out of the mystery hole and need a ball search to get that out as well.

This sounds like either the switch on the saucer needs adjusting or the ball isn't sitting properly in the saucer. I recommend testing it in switch test to verify the switch operation.

We have noticed that issue. We reset the game code to see if that helped. All it did was drop the forks at the first ball search.

I have had the ball not be recognized behind the fork ramp on my game too, but it's a rare thing. We will just have to wait and see what the next versions fix.

Rob

#305 6 years ago

I am finding it difficult to work out the objectives especially the multipliers.

Set the multipliers to the short loop/left ramp and FORGET about them for now. When you are more comfortable with the other game rules, then try moving the multipliers around. Also, you can also move and lock the multiplier during each mission intro. Move it where you know the shots will be and then just concentrate on making your shots.

Rob

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The fork ramp . It totally kills the speed and flow that Ritchie intended for this game.

No it doesn't.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

The deprecation on the Pro will be a lot less than the premiums and LEs in the event I want to sell my game down the road.

And if you don't sell, depreciation is moot anyhow. But if you are concerned about that, then buy a used one instead of new.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

My OCD mind vacillates I my change my mind but this is were I am at .

You certainly have been over thinking this.

Rob

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

JJ is great I just have an issue spending that much on a pinball machine. I have the money but it is about principle to me. The routine price increases from Stern have made buying an LE a difficult pill to swallow. There is a NIB on marketplace for $8500 OBO so I figured maybe a dealer is sitting on one and they want to turn some inventory. It may be wishful thinking but sometimes patience pays off.

Then buy a premium?

Rob

1 week later
#333 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The side rails are cool on an LE......but that's it. Otherwise there is no appreciable difference between and LE & Premium for Star Wars....pick the cabinet art & translate you like better.
The one thing I cannot say for sure are the playfield plastics. They differ from a Pro to a Premium in artwork, but I do not know if an LE's plastics are unique. I will say that Chewbacca is no where to be found on a Premium......

All 3 models have different plastics.

Rob

2 months later
#428 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

anyone else find its hard to see the lanes up top behind the little video screen? My own complaint...LOVE this game...wonder if anyone would make a mirror mod like I've seen on TOM to help up top

I just slightly adjust my stance when the ball is up there so I can see what's going on. And there does seem to be a bit of reflection already.

Rob

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am 6.1 inches tall and I can not see the top rollover lanes unless I learn forward . It need a mirror like TOM for sure as when the game play gets very intense It would be nice to view the top lane at a quick glance via a reflective mirror In my opinion . If I ever put my money were my mouth is and buy a STERN SW it will be retro fitted with a mirror . As in this photo.

An interesting observation on that right ramp. The leading edges on my SWLE right ramp were more exposed than what is shown on this game. I had to bend the leading edges outward a bit so the balls stop hitting those edges.

Rob

1 month later
#488 6 years ago
Quoted from reflex33:

Anyone else have the ball get stuck going around the hyperspace loop more than it should? Like when you hit a hyperspace hurry up and it used to go around 3 times and then into the diverted, but now I’m seeing it go around about 20 times. It still comes out of the diverter like normal, but that seems wrong.

Yes. Not 20 times, but about 5 times on mine.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.