12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'm still on the fence of buying a Pro vs Prem. I want the Premium, but I'm worried it'll have problems.

Get yourself a good distro and there is always plenty of help on Pinside if you get stuck. If you are really not sure do not buy one. Play it to make sure you like it first.

1 month later
#47 6 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

I have since discovered that what I'm having are two separate issues. One issue is that the ball sometimes doesn't get held by the death star when it should. The second issue is that a lot of times when the ball goes around the hyperloop, it ends up hitting metal directly underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators.
When I put the game into test mode, I turn the accelerators on, add a ball through, and it will circle around 2 maybe 3 times then smack into something metal underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators and come back down the death star fork ramps.
Isn't the main feature of the Premium/LE supposed to be that a ball gets locked into the hyperloop and stays there? Allowing you to lock multiple balls there at once? With this issue happening so frequently, I doubt I'll ever get more than one ball in there at a time. :/

First check that the accelerator coils are firing in order. You can tell by the blue LEDs above the plastic ramp you are talking about. As each coil fires, the blue LED above it turns on. Some owners have had to change the wiring around to make sure that the accelerator coils are firing in order.

You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down. We have our ramp set at the lowest point so that the ball does not hit the ramp on the way down on the way out of the death star. In test mode we can get 3 balls in there and they will not stop going around until we turn the accelerator off. When the ramp is set too high, the ball does not go around the hyper loop as it bounces off the ramp. When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.

I have never been able to get more than one ball in the loop while playing the game. My wife has managed to get 3 balls flying around. Holy cow, looks awesome.

Good luck!

Con

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

Thank you so much! Lots of very helpful information here.
I'm going to make these changes tomorrow and see where it gets me. I can confirm that all the accelerators are working in order in test mode. I bet adjusting that ramp will make the difference I'm looking for. Will update tomorrow night!

Good luck! Please let us know how it all turns out. We have played with that adjustment a fair bit.

2 weeks later
#89 6 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

Thank you for the great tips. After applying what you said to my machine and tweaking it a bit, I haven't had any more problems with the death star or the hyperloop.
Thanks again! -Nate

Pleasure Nate!

Cheers

Con

4 weeks later
#284 6 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Anyone having issues with a ball getting stuck behind the fork ramp on the hyperloop? Updated to the new code at the weekend and it happened a couple of times while playing Boba Fett Escape with Han Solo. Seemed fine with other characters.
Ball sits behind the ramp and does a ball search twice but the forks don't go all the way down (stay up about 5mm above playfield). On the third ball search the ramp goes fully down and releases ball.
This isn't a mechanical issue as it works with no problem on other modes and never happened on previous code.

We have noticed that issue. We reset the game code to see if that helped. All it did was drop the forks at the first ball search. Sometimes the ball does not fire out of the mystery hole and need a ball search to get that out as well. I think they are software glitches. Hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Good to see we are getting closer to a 1.0 code. I am liking the game, but not loving it yet. I cannot get my head around the multiplier.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This sounds like either the switch on the saucer needs adjusting or the ball isn't sitting properly in the saucer. I recommend testing it in switch test to verify the switch operation.

I have had the ball not be recognized behind the fork ramp on my game too, but it's a rare thing. We will just have to wait and see what the next versions fix.
Rob

Het Rob,

Thanks for the help, we have checked the saucer switch and works fine. I am fairly confident that it is a glitch. Does not bother us much. My wife loves the game.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hello Premium/LE owners, now that the dust has settled a little bit what are your thoughts on SW Premium/LE? I am still interested in a Star Wars but all of the issues and node board failures have me concerned. I want to love the game and the hyperloop, but I am wondering if I pulled the trigger if I would have instant regret. I asked another LE owner what his thoughts were and his reply was go Pro on this one. Any honest feedback is appreciated.

Hey Pinmister.

We have a SWLE. Code 0.92 was burning some node boards out on prem/Le only. Fortunately we were on holidays in the USA while this was happening so this did not happen to us. We upgraded to 0.93 code and machine works fine. We have had the machine for a few months now. It is a frustrating machine for me so far. Game is like a video console and pinball built in to one. I am finding it difficult to work out the objectives especially the multipliers. We have put around 600 games on our machine and last night was the first time I worked out how to get the hyper loop going. I have only worked out how to complete a few modes. For us, this is a good thing. We have 9 other really good machines (7 late model Sterns and 3 90's BWs) so this fits into our collection well. There is so much going on especially with the hurry ups, multiple modes, and pressure to hit one shot that the machine does my head in so I leave it and play something else for a while. If you are a Star Wars fan, you will love the movie clips. Not that you can see them when playing! I have been watching my wife play to help me learn the machine. It is awesome watching the screen while someone else is playing.

Only real downside is a few glitches in the code and the forks bending. The code will be fixed soon I am sure (I have reported to Stern and they know about them). The forks get absolutely belted by the ball when it flies around the horse shoe and they are up. You may have to stuff around with the hyperloop to get the balls flying around freely and you may also have to stuff around with the plunger and out lane return mech to get machine running great.

For us, so far it is a winner. I can let you know in a few years time if it is a keeper on not. Machine is not going anywhere soon. I am not a big Star Wars fan but I do like the theme. Machine is very true to the theme. Probably best theme intergration of any pin ever. My wife loves it. I am not quite there yet. As honest as it gets!

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Set the multipliers to the short loop/left ramp and FORGET about them for now. When you are more comfortable with the other game rules, then try moving the multipliers around. Also, you can also move and lock the multiplier during each mission intro. Move it where you know the shots will be and then just concentrate on making your shots.
Rob

Thanks very much Rob. At the moment, I do not touch the multipliers at all. That is awesome advice and I just had another Ahhha! moment. This is why I love Pinside. Most of us are happy flippers from around the world all in one place.

Cheers

Con

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I know it's been discussed before, but I'm having a problem with the hyperloop. At the end of the run, occasionally the diverter is a millisecond to late and launches the ball. The ball then gets wedged between the side and the hyperloop, near the diverter. I think an air ball deflector across the area of the beginning of the diverter would prevent this. Has anyone heard of someone making this. I can rig something, but it won't look nearly as good.

You know, we own SWLE and HS2. Guess what? 25 years apart, both machines have the same issue. In HS2 the diverter is not fast enough so the ball falls back on to the playfield and on SWLE the ball either flies into the glass or gets stuck where you have mentioned. No issue on either machine until I got the balls whizzing around on both machines. For us, it does not really happen often enough on either machine to be a problem.

Good Luck!

1 week later
#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

All 3 models have different plastics.
Rob

Thanks Rob!

1 month later
#364 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

This advice is fantastic. I moved the wire ramp up a little on my Premium, and it changed how well the ball was grabbed by the first coil as well as how the ball came out the other side of the accelerator. The Hyperloop is so much smoother now, the initial shot and everything. My ball "banging around near the entrance and exit to the accelerator and regularly falling out the bottom of the loop" problem is now fixed.
My last item to tinker with is now fixing the intermittent problem of the diverter popping up at the wrong time about once every 8 or 9 hyperloop attempts. Sometimes it is a little too late and the ball either gets catapulted off the hyperloop or the ball gets slowed down significantly to where it can't make it around again to the first accelerator coil. So it just eventually falls out at the bottom of the loop. It does not happen that frequently. It doesn't kill the game. However, it is a letdown right after what I think is one of the best/most exciting parts of this game.
I saw the diverter was a problem a while ago that people posted. Not sure if a software patch/update fixed it in the past and it is back? Anyone else with this problem still? Anything I can do about testing/fixing an intermittent problem with the timing of the diverter on the hyperloop? Or is that going to be more of a software release fix? Any insights would be fantastic from anyone that has been working on or addressed this problem.
Overall, this game is fantastic now that the Hyperloop is fixed (mostly)! Thanks

The beauty of Pinside is that we get to share information that helps all of us! I think that we all have the diverter issue and it is past something you and I can change. I feel that the issue is with the software catching up. The diverter does not open at exactly the same time every time. The better we have got playing the game, the more this happens. It is crazy but HS2 has the same issue with the supercharger diverter! Hopefully software updates from Stern will make this better over time.

1 week later
#379 6 years ago

Quick update. Spoke on the phone with Stern and they are telling me things with the diverter are software related as well. They also told me to look for excessive wear on the loop where it may show that the ball may not be moving smoothly. Try to form the wire ramp appropriately.
I now think my wire ramp is clearly the problem on speed and the accelerator has plenty of power. I have tried bending it around a little where it exits the accelerator where the wire guards are to keep it on the ramp. Right after I find the sweet spot, it absolutely flies around the field smooth. Unfortunately, that doesn't last long and as it bends back a little or the ball moves it back over time. It is amazing what a small tweak on the ramp can do to make that ball fly and go smoothly. It's millimeters.
I guess I keep bending it back until the wire ramp settles into a spot where I like it too? I hate bending it this much though. Hard not to do it when the ball flies around so much faster and hyperspace multiball is so much more fun now - and working right. I might ask Stern for another wire ramp if I keep having to bend this thing around.
I am learning that is for sure...

Thanks very much for posting your info. Bending metal in a pinball machine is all part of the fun. I hope that you are really enjoying your machine, we love ours.

Happy Flipping!

2 months later
#507 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I am finding the game really fusterating. I am not a pin wizard but I dont suck either. I have had the game for i guess 9 months now and yet to crack the death star (le) or win the death star mode. I dont mind the challenge but when the plunge hits the bank and sends the ball directly down the left drain one after the next, that really sucks. I am going to try adjusting the bank angle as suggested so this does not happen. It would be nice to adjust the plunge strength in the software and simplify things like the 2 ball kill the death star or give more time. I have been playing the game exclusevly trying to make some progress but not getting anywhere lately.
Also, the hyper ramp shot is really hard. Occasionally I can backhand it which is a better angle, but it does not have nough speed to make it up the ramp. I am wondering if i can lower the angle a touch. Again another thing that makes it tough, aim is good but a limitation of the flipper strenth or design makes it really hard to play.

It is an extremely frustrating game. Check your playfield angle. It really needs to be 6.5 degrees. This will help you backhand the deathstar shot, and could also solve your left drain issues. The correct playfield angle really makes that much difference on this game. We have had our LE for 7 months and only managed to destroy the death star 3 times using Battle above Endor to do it. A fellow pinsider posted how to.

If you have a few different games in your collection, SW is fantastic. It is extremely frustrating to the point where you have to change your tactics or get rid of the machine. I play Han and concentrate on getting the hyperloop hurry up (hyperloop multiball) picking up whatever I can on the way. Concentrate on safe shots and build from there. The beauty of SW is there are plenty of different ways to play the machine. We love ours but I get that frustrated with the game, I leave it and play a different machine.

Good Luck!

1 month later
#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Another code bug: I had the flippers die and ball drain when i was selecting Hoth I mode and Endor I mode stack while playing with princess Lea.
Tried to replicate it again however couldn't manage to do it.
Is there some kind of register or log to report these?
Thanks

Have you updated your game code? The last couple of updates addressed this issue. Also, [email protected] do not answer your emails. We have sent plenty and never received a response.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

yea I had this issue on the latest 1.03 code.
Guess i'll report it to that email
Thanks

Good luck with it!

4 weeks later
#566 5 years ago

So it appears that my right outlane "may the force be with you" gate will interfere with the shooter lane when the gate is open. Sometimes the ball strikes it enough on an auto-plunge that the ball just floats out onto the field and drifts down directly to the flippers. There is also wear on the butt of the gate where this happens.
I have tried unscrewing and reseating. I have also tried making the bend a little closer to 90 degrees on the gate to have it be more squarely seated when screwed down all the way.
These have helped, but when I place my finger on the gate during an auto-plunge, i can still feel some small amount of contact from the ball.
Anyone else have this problem? Thinking about calling Stern for a new gate...
Thanks

We did. At first I thought it was because the gate screw had come loose. Ours turned out to be the auto plunger adjustment. If the auto plunger shoots the ball straight up the shooter lane, the ball does not hit the return gate.

Auto plunger...Playfield can be up and out of the machine. Without the ball in the shooter lane, fire the auto plunger by hand a few times to make sure that it centers itself. In the shooter lane, slowly move the ball down towards the autoplunger. As the ball starts touching the two prongs, the ball must touch to two prongs evenly. If you can manage it, evenly spaced on the ball helps too. It cannot touch one side first and then the other. It has to be even so it launches the ball straight. You will notice the prongs will already be bent. Usually you only have to bend one prong to get this right. If you think you have it right, take the ball away, fire the auto plunger by hand a few times and check. Once you like it, turn the machine back on and check. If the machine in on and you put a ball in the shooter lane, machine will fire the auto plunger. You do not have to go in to test. When you are happy with this then check the plunger.

Plunger. make sure the playfield is all the way down and sitting exactly where it should as if you were going to put the latch bar back on. The plunger should not be touching the ball, the ball should be resting evenly on the auto plunger. Push on the plunger slowly until it touches the ball. The plunger should hit middle, just top of dead centre. This is so when you plunge the ball, it fires straight up the shooter lane with top spin. The are 3 no2 phillips head screws on the plunger. If you loosen all three, you should be able to move the plunger around enough to get the adjustment right. If you cannot, you will need to remove the two locating screws that hold the plunger in the machine. Once you have the plunger in the right spot, you can replace those 2 screws so the plunger does not move any more.

Good luck.

#568 5 years ago

Thank you for this great post. After a quick glance this morning, I am almost positive the auto plunger is the problem. I will explore more tonight.
Thank you for sharing your insights.

My pleasure! I have received far more help than I have given out on Pinside. Good to help out in return.

Good Luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 21.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.