Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by wiggy07
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 48 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6371 (resized).JPG
22540813-3451-406A-9018-891035343009 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_20180615_084531 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpg
IMG_0535 (resized).jpg
IMG_1922 (resized).JPG
IMG_1921 (resized).JPG
IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
IMG_0303 (resized).JPG
IMG_0300 (resized).JPG
StarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpg
IMG_6301 (resized).JPG
A71418C3-B76A-4D69-A279-11347CDB31D2 (resized).jpeg
plastic4ramp_broken (resized).jpg
IMG_20180114_164108597 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mandelbloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 1 year ago

Sucks I want to play the game but dont want it to break guess I will just let it sit.

#146 1 year ago

Anyone downgrade their code ?

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I joined the no hyper ramp club today.
Worked fine during game play. Powered off and back on later to play noted it was dead. Checked power during ramp test none from driver board.
Checked motor and it works fine independent of the machine.
Bummer and yes running .92 for about 10 -15 games prior to the failure.

Quoted from doomid:

Node 9d replaced along with new ramp assembly...buggy but worked for a few days. Now dead, again

Yea I am totally not playing it until the new code comes out and/or I downgrade. Seems highly probably its the code, I dont know how but maybe its a node board update issue?

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Well this sucks, I updated my SW to .92 the day it came out and have only played a handful of games because we went out of town. I'm in the leave it off camp, until I know what is going on. I didn't have any problems with mine after I adjusted the switches, but am weary to try playing and risk frying a board. However, I may just turn the thing on this coming weekend and play the snot out of it if we haven't heard anything from Stern by then.
During the update, I did leave the machine on for quite a while after it completed and pretty sure I left it off a while before turning it back on for the reset. I was doing other things as usual, so wasnt in any hurry.

I emailed them so they are working on it

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ok, I was mistaken. I only put .91 code on my machine. Is .91 safe to play? I don't have an older version around and no links on the Stern site to grab an earlier version and go backwards.
If we are sure it is only a 0.92 issue, then I'm going to fire it up and start playing again. I'm having withdrawals...

I dont think much changed from .91 to .92 I would assume they both have the issue if I was you. Not worth the hassle. Granted many aren't having the issue.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from jp335i:

This is not an official communication from Stern. Based ob the number, it looks like it's from Flip N Out Pinball ... I believe someone posted a ramp failure with .91 so we don't want to give false confidence in that version until we know for sure whats going on.

Searched the number thats from Flip N Out pinball....looking at the readme nothing noted that would affect it on .92 vs .91 but maybe its ok. Wish we had more insight.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from KidSmitty:

I just spoke with Chaz at Stern...they are recommending using 0.89 to avoid fork ramp motor burn-out. I upgraded to 0.92 when it came out, have about 100 games and haven't had fork ramp problems (yet). He also said they hope to have a new update 'very soon, in a couple of days' so for now I am going to leave the machine turned off and await the new code for a few days.

Yep just got the same response! I am hoping for Friday I will just not play for now, if its not here Friday I will downgrade. Hopefully there are no residual effects from whatever that code was doing.

2 months later
#351 10 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

1 out of 30/40 shots into the back of the forks is not picked up and requires a ball search, and that is usually a real slow roller....

And I don’t think I have ever had this .

3 weeks later
#398 9 months ago
Quoted from McPin54:

I made the jump today and........I'm extremely happy I did. I haven't had any problems with the fork ramp or hyperloop (fingers crossed). I need to do a code update but I just couldn't quit playing tonight. game is very addictive. Plus my ball times are like 30 seconds. My game count on this thing is going to be ridiculous by the end of the weekend (somebody is going to think I had this on route).
I am glad that I went premium. Love the metal ramps and hyperloop. The right kick out does shoot for a drain. If I do nothing with the flippers it bounces and gives me a shot to keep it in play.
I did not get to a video mode tonight, I thought that was odd. Maybe code??
Also, whats up with knocking down the FORCE targets 5 times? Does it light Duel? Nothing happened for me. I was kinda looking forward to seeing what that did.

Sounds to me like you have old code update to 1.0 if you like it now your gonna LOVE it on the new code !!

#422 9 months ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

I searched all over for an ext audio line for my sub. I was about ready to get some alligator clips.
Where is "the external audio line" you speak of? Thank you.

Spike2 doesn't have this, but you can buy one from Pinnovators.

#441 8 months ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

On my Premium, when you start a game each character has solid lights on some of the mode inserts - is this normal? The lit inserts change depending on the character
Just noticed it and don't think I recall this being the case when I first got the machine...
Makes it look like you have already completed modes when you haven't

Normal certain characters sport certain modes .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 217.00
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 34.50
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Metalhead Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mandelbloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside