12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kidforce7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Are balls supposed to lock in the Death Star at some point? when? how?
Are there magnets in this game in front of the force targets? I thought there were supposed to be. Maybe I'm wrong. It was too late last night for me to care and to lift up the playfield...

I played prob 15 games on my LE last night and I'm so thoroughly disappointed in this LE. Star Wars Pro isn't a great table to me and the lack of difference in the LE is just saddening. As a huge Star Wars fan, and a pretty good pinball player, I was hoping that this Star Wars table would be the one that breaks the curse of bad Star Wars machines... nope. This game should have set the bar so high on what pinball machines strive to be. I'm already wanting to trade mine out. =/

Guess I just needed someplace to vent. Thanks for listening. =P

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Glad you posted, It's hard to spend your hard earned money on something like this and not want to love it - I think they knew it would sell and didn't care about cutting corners...Hope code can help but please keep us updated once you get more time on the LE

I don't have an idea on the behind-the-scenes for this machine, but if *I* were in charge of this product there is NO WAY that I would have produced this machine. Maybe Stern needed to replace the money they spent on the license; maybe Disney said get it out by the Summer. Who knows? But, I would have set the pinball bar so high on this machine that every other machine EVER would have been compared to it (like I do now with AFM...)
What is ICONIC about this Stern playfield? Nothing. A plastic death star that does literally nothing. A poorly deco'd TIE fighter on a spring. Whoop-di do.
Picture MY Star Wars machine:
- The ENTIRE playfield would have been an LCD Screen. At the onset, you could choose the light side or the dark side and the playfield would change accordingly. During the game, as you enter a mode, the entire playfield would change. On tatooine? Hit a shot and enter the cantina and listen to the band play. How can you achieve that one the Stern table? can't. Cost to produce? don't care. people are paying 15k for a BM66. We can make it work...
- There would be an R2-D2 toy that projected a hologram onto the playfield. "Help me Player 2, you're my only hope". The R2 itself would be a toy with gizmos. R2 multiball - he opens up and drops a ball out for you.
- There would be a trash compactor which would be a shot that closed up and narrowed that you need to hit before time is up. cooool. (There's actual zero TOYS on what SHOULD be the most toy-etic pin ever...)
- You'd get to "use the force". Maybe the flippers get disabled and there's magnets that propel your ball instead? Or maybe magnets make a ball float and you have to hit the floating ball to start a multiball (ala Dracula).
- I'd call up Anthony Daniels and have him do the voice work. WHO IS NARRATING IN THIS STERN MACHINE? Some clone wars guy? Are you kidding me? The whole machine is Original trilogy themed and that's the best you can do? grrr

Thanks again for the space to vent on this table. I do WANT to love this game. I don't feel like that will ever happen. When I played Apollo 13 for the 2nd time ever, I got the 13 ball multiball. fun. I can't figure out how to lock a ball in my death star. not fun. =(

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kidforce7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=kidforce7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.