12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

Are balls supposed to lock in the Death Star at some point? when? how?

Nope. If you've got the LE the balls "lock" in the hyperloop at the beginning of hyperspace multiball (you load balls into the hyperloop where they continue to circulate, and then trigger the start of the multiball, at which point they're all released -- this is based on me watching Dead Flip videos so I can't promise I'm 100% correct on how it works). But there's no physical ball lock within the Death Star.

Quoted from kidforce7:

Are there magnets in this game in front of the force targets? I thought there were supposed to be. Maybe I'm wrong. It was too late last night for me to care and to lift up the playfield...

Nope. Those were a rumored feature (maybe seen on early leaked schematics or something?) but there are no playfield magnets on either the Pro or the LE. Only magnets in the LE are for the hyperloop to make the ball circulate (they're part of the hyperloop mechanism, are located behind the backboard, and don't interact with the balls you're knocking around on the playfield).

Quoted from kidforce7:

I played prob 15 games on my LE last night and I'm so thoroughly disappointed in this LE. Star Wars Pro isn't a great table to me and the lack of difference in the LE is just saddening. As a huge Star Wars fan, and a pretty good pinball player, I was hoping that this Star Wars table would be the one that breaks the curse of bad Star Wars machines... nope. This game should have set the bar so high on what pinball machines strive to be. I'm already wanting to trade mine out. =/

Sorry man, hope it grows on you over time if you don't sell/trade it right away (though based on your stated expectations that may not be in the cards). FWIW, I was a little underwhelmed by the Pro my first time or two playing it but enjoy it much more now that I've got some ideas on how to attack it.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your impressions.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Get yourself a good distro and there is always plenty of help on Pinside if you get stuck. If you are really not sure do not buy one. Play it to make sure you like it first.

Yes, not worth rushing if you've got any doubts. These will be in production for years.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Yip that's normal with the new SPIKE set-up, some people have changed out the fan for a quieter model, there was a tutorial on here I believe

If you go this route, just be aware that there are apparently different fans in the Pro and LE/Premium (or were with prior games anyway) so make sure you're doing an LE-specific install.

1 month later
#64 6 years ago

I'm really liking my Premium thus-far, but the Death Star appears to have been shipped to me out of alignment. It looks like maybe the left half of the Death Star (from the player's perspective) is hitting the ramp, keeping it from closing entirely? I took a quick look but did not see an obvious, simple way to adjust how the Death Star sits on the ramp (or how it aligns when in closed position). Did anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you fix it?

(I already ran the Death Star in test mode, confirms that it's not just offset somehow, and I wasn't able to just move the halves around with my hands to get them to line up properly).

IMG_9234 (resized).JPGIMG_9234 (resized).JPG

IMG_9235 (resized).JPGIMG_9235 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The Death Star appears to have been shipped to me out of alignment. It looks like maybe the left half of the Death Star (from the player's perspective) is hitting the ramp, keeping it from closing entirely? I took a quick look but did not see an obvious, simple way to adjust how the Death Star sits on the ramp (or how it aligns when in closed position).

Ok, this seems to have been an easy fix. I took another look and at the back of the DS halves are some little thumb screws with rubber ends that seem to control where the halves stop. By adjusting those I was able to get the halves properly lined up when "at rest". I haven't tested extensively with the menus to see how it looks after the DS explodes, but hopefully that can also be addressed with the thumb screws if necessary.

Now I just need to blow up the DS in game!

[EDIT: Oh, and from some of the other photos I've seen it looks like it's "normal" for the left half of the DS shell to rest against the habitrail while the right side is set off a bit, that doesn't seem to be what was impeding the shell from fully closing in my case at any rate].

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My winning Pinball EDU raffle prize arrived today. No issues out of the box. Came with v0.89 installed. I'm afraid to update it for the time being.

Welcome to the club!

My first-ever Stern upgrade was on SW. Not as bad as it seems (despite Stern's vague directions). There are good posts in this thread on upgrading, or just post with your questions and we'll be glad to help. The new code is pretty cool!

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The jump ramp did not change from .91 to .92.
Rob

It sure seems like something happened. I didn't see any reports of bricked ramps prior to 0.92, and there are definitely a number of them here now. My ramp's still working, but I have noticed occasional new odd behavior since installing 0.92 -- ramp goes up or stays up about 1/4, which doesn't seem right.

Hopefully they'll get this straightened out quickly.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

This is crazy, .92 froze my machine after owning it for 4 hours. Now it won’t turn on and trying to reload .92 is freezing mid download. Also my fork ramp didn’t work out of the box. Curious how many have contacted stern. They’re sending me new ramp setup and .92 game card since mine is jacked. A little ridiculous all of my 70’s-90’s Games fire right up for years and this POS won’t even turn on brand new. Pic is of screen freezing and going white during “download”

Sorry that happened to you, frustrating start but glad to hear Stern's trying to work with you to solve the problem(s). When you say they're sending you a new "game card", are they sending you a new USB flash drive with new code on it (i.e. so you can try updating from a different USB flash drive than the one you used to take that picture)? Or a new CPU or node board or something?

Also, did you get a sense of how hard the fork ramp mech will be to replace? Any soldering involved or is it a plug and play swap? I'm curious how this will play out if the end up needing to swap a bunch of ramps.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Stern just put .89 back on for the prem/le...so I guess we get a downgrade.

Have they officially advised Premium/LE owners to roll back to .89?

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Just spoke to Stern support. It requires downgrading the code and replacing the board.

I emailed Stern to ask if I should downgrade the software in my Premium (my ramp's still working ATM but I haven't been playing for fear of messing something up). I'll report back if I hear anything.

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Random note, is Chicago Pinball redoing Cactus Canyon?

Unlikely. Smart money says MB is next CPC remake. Cactus Canyon is widely considered to have subpar code, so they'll have to either reach a deal with the guy that did CCC (I understand Rick put a lot of time into poisoning that relationship, so seems unlikely) or redo it themselves. Not impossible, but probably makes it less attractive than some of the other remake candidates.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Totoro49:

I installed the fork ramp replacement board and it works flawlessly under .89. After all this trouble I’m hesitant (but aching) to move up to .93 (aside from blowing my ramp, .92 was excellent). Who’s been playing .93 incessantly and have you run in to any issues? Thanks, in advance.

All good after ~30 games here. And I just doubled my former grand champion score, so the new code is clearly superior

2 weeks later
#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My fork just got stuck over the weekend using .92 code. Nothing seems to work in terms of making it move again. Going to have a troubleshoot walkthrough with my distro tomorrow. Maybe I'll break out the whiskey later tonight and have a go at fixing it.

Yeah, I don't know if your board is burned or not (if the ramps still moving at all, I'd guess not), but that "ramp stays up a bit" thing was definitely a .92 problem. Upgrading to .93 solved it for me. I would try updating first before you call Stern and ask for board replacement. If nothing else, they're going to tell you to upgrade first anyway before they send you a replacement board.

2 weeks later
#335 6 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

So I'm getting a Star Wars, and I'm getting at least the premium. After that, I'm torn. I "want" an LE on this specific title simply to get the best of the best on a timeless classic theme, and that might just be enough. But that's so emotional, not really rational.
Since, there's nothing "limited" anymore about a run of 800 LE's I can't see the price going up in the secondary market. Can anyone make rational arguments for getting the LE over the Premium? No difference in game play? How about lighting? Is there a different light show like there was in Star Trek LE with those side rails? Is there anything about the gameplay experience? Maybe I could see the resale value not dropping quite as severely?

Gameplay and lighting are the same between LE and Premium. I'd only buy an LE if I absolutely loved the art package on it and didn't mind blowing an extra grand for that. Many of us actually like the Premium (Dark Side/ESB art vs. Millennium Falcon for the LE) art package better, in which case there'd be no reason to step up to the LE.

LE resale value often drops more than Premium (starting higher, further to fall before the Pro pricing catches it) in real dollar terms. Maybe the % decline is similar? Either way, if you're worried about resale value the Pro is your safest bet.

If you have your heart set on an LE, consider shopping around for a HUO. You should be able to save some coin that way, and be able to assess the playfield for ghosting at the same time.

3 months later
#472 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Any body have the issue where only one side of the death star opens? see pic below

There are some thumb-screws under there that adjust the Death Star halves. You've probably already tried, but maybe try tweaking them a bit to see if things improve?

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

When playing r2d2, ball gets stuck behing hyperloop ramp and does not lower until ball search. Happens often.

Is that on 1.0.1 software?

2 weeks later
#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Guys - modifying it gameplaywise means you're not playing the game as designed and can't take credit for your scores.

Yep, whatever. I haven’t modified mine like that but don’t have a problem with people adjusting their games however they like so they can best enjoy the game (of course if they permanently alter the game they’ll probably pay for it when they try to sell).

If you step back for a moment, it’s not different than adjusting pitch, outhole gap, ball saver, or fifty other settings that change the difficulty and therefore affect the score. If you really want to compare scores you’ll have to do it on the exact same machine.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

After playing with the settings and dropping the outlane posts, there still remains one thing--the Pro model has the extra post and that alone affects the gameplay. Why was it not removed from both models?

Here's some info re: the "extra post" by the drop targets:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/80#post-4320514

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 21.50
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.