12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobKnapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is for problems and solutions. So that us LE owners can hopefully correct problems that arise with this Title.
So far one of my biggest problems is the ball gets stuck on the left ramp exit by the hyperloop. This happens at least once per game.

Quoted from Talon2000:

After unboxing and setup it played one game ok. Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems. Thought it might be a switch problem but switch test reveal nothing, everything works. Tried updating the code, and that didn't make a difference either.
In contact with Dist, and Stern. Awaiting TS support. No resolution yet.

I have a location that wants a STERN SW . It is a good account and owners are demanding . I was thinking of biting the bullet and purchasing a Prem/LE. I have another company that I own not related to my Coin-Op Amusements . I am busy . I cant deal with the stress of this kind of stuck ball issue that will require me to go to location to take glass off just for a stuck pinball . Williams had it down with StarWars Episode I . You could and I did give the location a key that only opened the lock down bar to remove glass it was awesome .
Did you get this stuck ball every game issue fixed by STERN sending you a new wire form? Cluster F*&K.
Secondly : Quote: Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems.
Did you fix you demonic possessed SWLE . If so what was causing all theses issues was something arching?
Sounds like the PRO is a better bet . But I like LE's . But They sound like a pain in the ass.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm really liking my Premium thus-far, but the Death Star appears to have been shipped to me out of alignment. It looks like maybe the left half of the Death Star (from the player's perspective) is hitting the ramp, keeping it from closing entirely? I took a quick look but did not see an obvious, simple way to adjust how the Death Star sits on the ramp (or how it aligns when in closed position). Did anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you fix it?
(I already ran the Death Star in test mode, confirms that it's not just offset somehow, and I wasn't able to just move the halves around with my hands to get them to line up properly).

Cluster F*&k I have seen many photo's of this issue . Even in the STERN SWLE gallery and in streams .

Quoted from dnapac:

I had this exact problem. If you push gently on the top of the left piece, does it snap into alignment? If so, and the it comes out of place when you set off the Death Star, I can help. I thought the "Death Star hold power" in the service menu was the answer, but I realized it was still a problem. I resorted to very slightly modifying the Death Star. The left half has the middle jut that should key into the recess on the right half...but it was catching. That's why it wouldn't close. Take a very sharp blade/single sided razor, and shave off the backside of the top of this jut...hard to explain, easy to do. If you look at the top of this area, it's flat...you are gonna shave less than a mm off the back edge...at about a 45 degree angle. There is no part of thi modification that is visible from the front of the Death Star...in essence, you are shaving off the inside edge. It should then slide into place when the 2 halves come together. Hope this helps

This sound like the a solution to a $ 8,900.00 with tax . Worse than tweeking my Avengers LE .
Before I spend any $$ can dnapac you post some photos of your exactly were you shaved the (Jig/Jut) on your Death Star
And what setting did you put the DS Hold to . Regards , RDK PLAY AMUSEMENTS AKA: Rob Knapp

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You can see some of the shavings that were pushed towards the Death Star body. This is only done on the inside edge...won't be visible from the outside. DS hold power at 100.

Thank you for taking the time to take a photo.

1 month later
#307 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know I would love the hyperloop feature and it is worth the upgrade, my problem is I don't want to have to be MacGyver and fix a bunch of stuff like bent fork ramps, aligning ramp properly, and damage to machine from balls slamming against stop. I am concerned that the mechanics of it will drive me crazy. If code seemed to help and people are happy now that is what I want to know.

I am really following all STERN SW threads . I feel as you do at this point with out spending money on a SW yet . That I have never bought a non Limited Edition STERN accept Black SM in my life . But one great thing that Steve did is to add all the RGB LED inserts and all the color LED GI on the SW Pro . I am concerned that the Prem/LE mechanics of it will drive me crazy. This may be my first Pro . I am not sure the Reliability - the hyperloop is frickin' cool, but it's going to be a nightmare to keep working properly. Everyone I've played has had issues, rejects, and other problems that are not software related.
Quality of Play . The fork ramp . It totally kills the speed and flow that Ritchie intended for this game. Hitting the HOTH shot only to have the ball smack into the back of the fork ramp, sit there, pause while the fork ramp lowers and then dribble down to the flippers sucks and kills the excitement (plus, what do you think is going to happen to the balls and the ramp when a solid mass of steel is slamming into the back of those thin forks coming out of the playfield...)
Cost I have no problem buying LE . But in this case the Black SW Armor just is not doing it for me. Not a real Back Glass. The Premium Translite is not the characters I am drawn to as a Carrie Fisher fan and all the other protagonists . Not the Premium Antagonist art . I already contacted Marco who claim for $150.00 they can get me a Pro Tranlite if I bought a SW Premium . The deprecation on the Pro will be a lot less than the premiums and LEs in the event I want to sell my game down the road. All this being said . I still am in a holding pattern as I want to wait a little longer to see about the issue is just poor design and that's what I see with the hyperloop. In am leaning to buy a SW pro I played it more then the LE and I loved it . My OCD mind vacillates I my change my mind but this is were I am at . Pro Photo courtesy of 'Lermods'

STERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpgSTERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpg

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

You went to Game Exchange and played their games. Why not support them with your business? JJ a great distributor and will likely get you get best price on a NIB LE. If you can find a NIB LE $8k or less it won't be from a Stern dealer and will likely require shipping make the cost about equal to what you would have paid with JJ. If you don't want to pay less than $8k, just get the premium - it will be just as much fun to play.

It is the 7.65% sales tax in Denver that adds up and brings the price tag up to $9,150.00 . That is why some people do not buy local. I do not ship pinball I buy in Colorado .

2 months later
#380 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

Quick update. Spoke on the phone with Stern and they are telling me things with the diverter are software related as well. They also told me to look for excessive wear on the loop where it may show that the ball may not be moving smoothly. Try to form the wire ramp appropriately.
I now think my wire ramp is clearly the problem on speed and the accelerator has plenty of power. I have tried bending it around a little where it exits the accelerator where the wire guards are to keep it on the ramp. Right after I find the sweet spot, it absolutely flies around the field smooth. Unfortunately, that doesn't last long and as it bends back a little or the ball moves it back over time. It is amazing what a small tweak on the ramp can do to make that ball fly and go smoothly. It's millimeters.
I guess I keep bending it back until the wire ramp settles into a spot where I like it too? I hate bending it this much though. Hard not to do it when the ball flies around so much faster and hyperspace multiball is so much more fun now - and working right. I might ask Stern for another wire ramp if I keep having to bend this thing around.
I am learning that is for sure...

In am still on the fence about buying a STERN SW Premium/LE as these issue concern my greatly . That is why I think the Pro may better suite my 'OCD' brain . But the collector mentality I have hade for years in me saying buy the LE .
I just want the best game play experience as far as fun.
Could you post some pictures of the metal wireform you are bending please ? and what are you using to bend the metal wireform with . Thank you .

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks very much for posting your info. Bending metal in a pinball machine is all part of the fun. I hope that you are really enjoying your machine, we love ours.
Happy Flipping!

I have had the modify quite a few pinball machine in my day . I never considered it fun . More like a pain in the ass . I have always thought more time should be taken in beta testing . But to each there own I suppose.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from SmallKingTut:

So the pic of the wear on the diverter shows how the ball comes out of the accelerator and wants to continue to the left as it goes into the wire ramp and the wire guard rings. You can see the line just slightly works its way to the left as you go from top to bottom of the pic of the diverter.
The pic of the wire ramp shows where I am trying to move/bend the wire ramp and the wire guard ring rails more to the left to support the ball as the receives it to the left. If you think of the ball as a clock, the wire guard rails should be guiding it at closer to 10 and 2 on the top of the ball. Before I started to shape it, the left guard rail was hitting the ball much closer to 11 or even 12. Less guiding there and more colliding. It would slow it down significantly or sometimes ricochet it down - until i reshape with my hand.
Also on the pic of the wire ramp, you can see how the wire ring that is further back it not very circular on the left side, a sharp crook to the left, unlike the wire ring closer in the picture. I am wondering if the sharp bend is a telltale sign of the problem too. Cant help but wonder if others without problems have a nicely rounded back wire ring? Thinking something happened during the welding?
Anyway, yes I truly love the game. So much fun. Hopefully I can put the wire rails issue to bed soon. I just share here to see if anyone else has had any bright ideas or if I am on the right track or not.

Thanks for taking the time for the photo's . The only LE I played is at a Friends home. It looks so cool. But It does weird "shit pardon my French". The (fork ramp) Death Star shot very important to the game gets a lot rejects and is harder than the Pro which is at a location and I have played a lot . I have a KISS LE where there is a shot into a scoop that is very important to game play . I added a Cliffy for protection and it made the shot so hard it sucked the fun out of the KISS pinball . I took the Cliffy off and I am now having fun with my KISS pinball again. Just an example of were some of my eccentric and possible redundant post about my concerns about the SW Premium are seeming from. And his the Hyperloop seems to work randomly and not as intended . I swear I have never be so flakey about a pinball purchase in my life . I can not make up my damn mind on this pinball title . I have never bought a STERN pro in my life and really may do it on SW . But I am biding my time as STERN will be producing these for a while hoping a code or physical hardwear fix may iron out some of these issues . Thanks for feed back .

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

My right ramp developed the same crack and eventually broke along the crack line. The impact to play after it splits is that on some shots, the plastic actually helps the balls progression around the loop. I've had numerous air balls without it. A new plastic is with my distributor now. Stern replaced it.

I seems that this ramp plastic needs a plastic protector . I looked at Pam's Pinbits SW plastic protector set I appears to be not included . Hopefully it can be made.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_96&products_id=646

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Well that's why I haven't noticed it. I can't hit that damn shot. I can't hit the Hyperloop, but once in 20 games. It's the only shot I constantly practice and constantly miss

What SW version are you playing Premium/LE or the Pro . Thank You still deciding which version to purchase.

1 week later
#434 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

anyone else find its hard to see the lanes up top behind the little video screen? My own complaint...LOVE this game...wonder if anyone would make a mirror mod like I've seen on TOM to help up top

I am 6.1 inches tall and I can not see the top rollover lanes unless I learn forward . It need a mirror like TOM for sure as when the game play gets very intense It would be nice to view the top lane at a quick glance via a reflective mirror In my opinion . If I ever put my money were my mouth is and buy a STERN SW it will be retro fitted with a mirror . As in this photo.

StarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpgStarWars LCD screen Bezel (resized).jpg

1 week later
#450 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

The motor is bad

Quoted from todler:

Pictures attached. I have been in touch with Stern and they have asked the same question. Just waiting to hear back. It may be just touching but when I turned the machine on tonight it returned to the home position straight away.
Will update when I have an answer/solution.
Cheers

There are also a series of rocker switches that could be causing the issue . I found this on an other thread .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/38#post-4035612

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobKnapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=RobKnapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.