12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 6 years ago

I cant help but think that the ball constantly smacking into the back of the forks is contributing to these failures. I updated to .092 this weekend as well and have logged about 20 games and no issues (yet) ... my machine currently has 103 balls played on it so perhaps my time has not yet come.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I hate to read about all the failures. I've got 127 games on V0.92.0 and the only problems I'm having with the ramp were there before I updated the code (ramp sticking due to ramp blades being bent outward). I'll bet Stern is scratching their heads.

Were your ramps bent on arrival?

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickbtx:

I can't say for sure because I didn't examine them that closely on arrival. After a few hundred plays I noticed the ramp would not drop completely until the ball search kicked in (the tips of blades were dragging on the outer edges of the slots in the PF). I took a large pair of hemostats, with heat shrink tubing over the tips to avoid scratching the ramp, and squeezed the tips of the ramp blades back together. That worked for a while, but they're starting to spread again. I think the ramp needs to be made from thicker material or made from a stronger alloy. In spite of it...I love the poop out of this game!!!

Thanks for the additional details. I've never felt easy about the ball constantly hitting the backside of the ramps. I dont have any bends in mine (yet) but it's definitely something we all need to keep an eye on.

As well as the ball hitting and bending the edges of the metal entry ramps. I know someone else already posted some pics of their ramps already banged up pretty bad. Mine have started to do that as well - I added some rubber edging over the ends to prevent any further damage but I think Stern underestimated that the nearby targets would protect those edges from the ball.

We are really loving the SW pin as well, I just hope it hols up over time.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

I did couple of games today with 0.92 again, at least 2 hours gameplay without any problems.

damn bro ... a couple games = 2 hours of gameplay? Teach me!

#149 6 years ago

So ... my forks are definitely bending outward as well. Although they do not seem to be impairing the up/down motion of the ramp (yet)... I know they were not like that out of the box because I got pretty intimate with the various components of the game when I was installing the playfield protector.

seems like Stern would have programmed the pop-up post to be up at the same time as the ramp and protect it.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I can't even get the game to power up anymore

A couple things to try if you hadn't already.

Make sure your game is physically unplugged (not just turned off) ... pull the cord from the back box if you have too ... wait a couple of minutes and then plug back in and try to turn on.

Slso you can remove the back glass and pop the SD card out of the Spike 2 board ... try and boot without the card and see if at least powers up. then power down and put SD card back in again.

If either of the above get it powered back on again then try to re-install the code update.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

My guess is it's a certain scenario/series of shots that causes the board to fail.

I believe you are right... I suspect either an alignment issues with the switches and/or the forks themselves binding combined with the new code is creating an overload scenario that is killing the Node Board.

I upgraded to .91 and .92 as soon as they were made available and been playing ever since without issue. Now I'm still mediocre at best so perhaps I am not making the appropriate order of shots to exploit the issue.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from waveb67:

The message I received stated that .91 and earlier are safe to play.
ATTENTION ALL STERN STAR WARS OWNERS:
Please be advised that Stern Pinball has recently released two (2) Star Wars software game code updates for LE and Premium models.  Version 0.91.0 was released on October 5th and on October 6th Version 0.92.0 was released.
If your game currently has Version 0.91.0 or below, no action needs to be taken.
However, if your have installed Version 0.92.0 released on October 6th, DO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME WITH THIS GAME CODE!!!  If Version 0.92.0 game code is installed on your machine, please contact us immediately at 847-778-4876 for assistance.
Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please contact us.

This is not an official communication from Stern. Based on the number, it looks like it's from Flip N Out Pinball ... I believe someone posted a ramp failure with .91 so we don't want to give false confidence in that version until we know for sure whats going on.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I've had a few times now where the ball is going around the hyperloop fine but when it goes to exit, it gets stuck in the diverter. Anyone else seen this yet?

I have not seen this yet but I have been amazed at how precisely timed it seems to be (at least on my machine) ... it appears to open up at the absolute last millisecond and shut just as quick. Should be an easy (code) fix to have it open a bit sooner and stay open just bit longer. I know some have reported it opening late and it launches the ball at the glass.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-premium
Guess they means there will not be any new code coming anytime in the next 2 or more weeks.

better that than a dead machine. It will be interesting to hear from those with dead ramps if this code brings you back to life.

#201 6 years ago

Would be great to hear if rollback revives the dead ramps ... if so i would think those on .91 or .92 that have not yet had an issue could continue playing on that code and IF they end up having a ramp issue THEN rollback to .89

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks like D1 went boom. Ouch...
Marc

Possible D2 as well unless that is just proximity damage.

Thanks for sharing the pics dnapac

#221 6 years ago

downgraded code tonight. I miss video mode and light saber duel but better safe than sorry.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Has anyone noticed that the speed of the ball hitting the back of the forks eventually deforms the forks?
Anyone else having this issue?

Mine are slightly bent if you look hard... I know others have mentioned this as well ... yours may be the worse so far... I would bring this to Sterns attention.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=RetroGamerJP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.