12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 6 years ago

Stern Pinball has posted Star Wars code version 0.91.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains two new dynamic modes: "Lightsaber Duel” and "Navigate the Asteroid Field.”

The code update also contains fixes and adjustments.

Additional details can be found in the read me file.

Pro – v0.91.0:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-co…/game-code-star-wars-pro

Premium - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/gam…/game-code-star-wars-premium

Limited Edition - v0.91.0
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-le

This update and read me files can be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Code .92. Played a couple great games and my fork ramp is stuck up. Power cycle did nothing. In service menu I test the ramp and nothing. I try to switched between 55, 56, 57 and all times I try it "failed". Lifted the playfield and connections look ok...any ideas.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. That is the LE ?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Another question. When in the service menu and you test a node board...it doesn't seem to do anything. I select the node board and then hit the black button. It makes the "boom" sound, but nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something?

Yep, code is not yet implemented for node board testing. Stay tuned!

#87 6 years ago

My premium will be delivered on Monday. Fun times ahead.

#99 6 years ago

My winning Pinball EDU raffle prize arrived today. No issues out of the box. Came with v0.89 installed. I'm afraid to update it for the time being.20171009_195012 (resized).jpg20171009_195012 (resized).jpg20171009_211506 (resized).jpg20171009_211506 (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

My Fork Ramp has ceased working on my SW LE as well .

Did that happen before or after downloading v0.92?

#111 6 years ago

Ok. I just updated to v0.92 and hoping the update is not related to the fork ramp failure.

So after updating SW to new code...I had to unlearn what I learned

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from FlyingW:

I updated on Monday and my fork ramp stopped working too. Called Stern, he's going to call me back once they figure out if it's a software issue or a hardware issue.

Did this happen after you power cycled the game after download or after your first game?

#136 6 years ago

After the v0.92 update, I made sure all the LEDs on the CPU board in the backbox completely turned off before I turned the game back on. I hope this is what is saving my fork ramp. Played 10 games after the update on Tuesday and another 20 ass kicking games today and the fork ramp is still working.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I upgraded the code fine and played for awhile and then the game shut off and restarted twice in the middle of a game. Now it won't turn on at all. Anybody have any suggestions?

Update the game again. Once it is complete and you turn off the game, make sure the LEDs on the CPU turn completely off before you turn the game back on again.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I can't even get the game to power up anymore

Well, that's not good. Afraid you will need to call your distributor for help now.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea I am totally not playing it until the new code comes out and/or I downgrade. Seems highly probably its the code, I dont know how but maybe its a node board update issue?

Yes I agree the code has caused an issue on some premium/LE games.

I am up to 140 games on my premium without any issues with the fork ramp with v0.92. Once the code updated and I turned off the game, I made sure the LEDs on the CPU turn completely off before I turned the game back on again. I recommend doing this on any SPIKE game once the code has updated. The download instructions say to leave the game off 1 to 2 minutes before turning back on.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Stern just put .89 back on for the prem/le...so I guess we get a downgrade.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-premium
Guess they means there will not be any new code coming anytime in the next 2 or more weeks.

#200 6 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-star-wars-premium
Stern rolled back to v0.89 for now. Guess that means there will not be any new code coming anytime in the next 2 or more weeks. I hope this gets anyone's fork ramp working again that had an issue with v0.92

1 week later
#275 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Any idea when the R2D2 topper may be available?

Have your $500 in hand?

1 week later
#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My fork just got stuck over the weekend using .92 code. Nothing seems to work in terms of making it move again. Going to have a troubleshoot walkthrough with my distro tomorrow. Maybe I'll break out the whiskey later tonight and have a go at fixing it.

Why are you still running v0.92 when v0.93 has been out for 2 weeks already?

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Has anyone noticed that the speed of the ball hitting the back of the forks eventually deforms the forks?
Anyone else having this issue?

Nope. Not an issue here. How many plays you have on your game? I have about 280 plays.

1 week later
#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Finally got a new node board in. They ended up replacing node board 9, but this has caused a new issue. After switching out boards, when I boot up the game I get the message "node not found." So now the situation has become that the game can't even locate node board 9. DIP is correct, red / yellow / green LED lights are all present, everything is wired correctly. I'm going to call my distributor again and keep troubleshooting this weekend. I figured I'd see if anyone else knows what to do or has any ideas on what I could possibly do to troubleshoot the issue? At this point, my guess based on other people's SW board issues, that it's possible that 9d is a failed board.

Did you update to 0.93 yet?

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Yeah, it's 0.93 code.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

that it's possible that 9d is a failed board.

Then likely it is. Hope you get one from your distributor quickly.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

It ended up being 9d. All is well now and back to flipping.

Very nice. How long did it take you to get it? Did it come from your distributor or Stern?

1 month later
#366 6 years ago

monte, what is the software version of your game?

2 years later
#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had the exact issue. To analyze it I had created super slow motion videos. Adjusting the auto launcher is impossible reliably because the thing is not designed for such adjustments and has enormous tolerances to begin with. I filed down that corner in a 45 degree angle to match the others and the problem is solved.[quoted image]

Filed down the corner of what?

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]
When the gate opens up, the bit highlighted in yellow sticks out ever so slightly into the shooter lane, it can be filed down to minimize the ball hitting into the gate. It's a common problem actually, I had to do something similar to what Sprudeldudel did.

Awesome. Thank you. I am sure I will have to do the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.