12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider D-Gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#463 6 years ago

Does anyone know the effective solution to the ball diverter opening at the wrong time in the HyperSpace loop. Mine is opening up at the exact time the ball passes over it and either is launched into the glass and down the playfield or is slowed and drops out of the loop over the flippers. I am running 1.01.

#465 6 years ago

Thanks, I know I have seen it written about. Happens about half the time.

#466 6 years ago

Yesterday I saw that my Premium had locked up while in attract mode... I power cycled and it wouldn't boot. The lights on the cpu board and a few others came on, but nothing else. Just by luck I looked at the sdcard and saw that it was not securely seated in it's slot for some reason. All good now. Has anyone tried backing up the data on the sdcard that's in the game? I am a bit leery of doing that not knowing if I will accidentally corrupt something.....

#474 6 years ago

I answered in the other thread. I had a set screw come loose. Right behind the deathstar but you need to pull the playfield forward to get access.

#479 6 years ago

Every so often I run into stuff like this. I just think it's software related.

#487 6 years ago

It happens occasionally when the ball drops off the fork and lands in the opto zone. Otherwise works fine.

#489 6 years ago

So, after reading these, it would seem that Stern needs to address the hyper loop diverter timing and the fork opto detection. What else?

#497 6 years ago

There was some contact between the hyperloop exit and the cabinet metal bracket causing a squeak. Make sure there is some clearance here. I filed away about a millimeter of the cabinet bracket.

IMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpgIMG_20180328_171043 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#508 6 years ago

It is a left outlane monster.

#511 6 years ago

Seriously, the distance between the posts of the left outlane vs the right is about a quarter of an inch even after moving the adjustable post down. I am thinking of drilling another hole...

#514 6 years ago

Oh, wow. You got me. I feel like an idiot.

#526 6 years ago

After playing with the settings and dropping the outlane posts, there still remains one thing--the Pro model has the extra post and that alone affects the gameplay. Why was it not removed from both models?

#528 6 years ago

Yeah, I read that. But the Pro is still being made this way and the Premium isn't. Makes no sense. Either pull the the post from the Pro or add it to the Premium.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why? You don’t compare scores across models. The premium and pro don’t need to play the same at all. This is the case for most pro / premiums out there. They play quite different regardless of that post. There is also another post at the top of the drops that is on the pro, so actually it is +2 posts. It would actually be more strange to make a running change to the pro model and have some pros with the posts and others without.

The post(s) were added prior to the change to drop targets. This area of both the Pro and Premium are pretty much the same. If the original design idea to use standups rather than drop targets was implemented there would be posts on both models. Also, what is with the retractable plastic upright post in the loop?

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Original design was to have standups on the Pro model, hence the posts. Game was changed to drops but playfields were already done.
Plastic post comes up to stop the ball during Hoth mission selects / video mode so it won’t bounce out.

I have never seen it come up. I will be looking for that.

#537 6 years ago

High? Don't you mean low?

1 month later
#543 5 years ago

There is a bulletin from Stern on this issue
Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit 502-7059-00

#544 5 years ago

So I went and got some rubber mounts for the node board directly under the flippers- The idea is to limit any damage to any components or solder joints over several years of use. I just screwed them in to the holes left by the existing screws and and used m3 screws to mount the board.

#550 5 years ago

They won't respond to that email. It is for reporting bugs only. They reference it when putting together an update.

3 weeks later
#558 5 years ago

The adjustment is not in the fork height, but in the receiving ramp that the fork leads into. The height is adjustable. If the flippers are losing power over time and you were able to backhand the shot before, then maybe it's the flipper strength.

#559 5 years ago

Has anybody come up with a outhole protector? I notice that the edge of the playfield where the ball returns to the trough is wearing heavily and needs something like a Cliffy protector but can't find anything out there.

#561 5 years ago

It's the drain. Where the ball goes through the playfield to the trough. I emailed Cliff and he is fabbing up a prototype for me. Meanwhile, I made a very rough temporary one.

IMG_20180615_084531 (resized).jpgIMG_20180615_084531 (resized).jpg
#563 5 years ago

I don't know about any of that, just that the front of the slot was getting hammered and the clear coat was chipped away on the bevel and a crack that was on it's way to becoming a large chip was forming. The balls bounce off the back of the out hole rail and into the wood. A protector is needed here.

#570 5 years ago

A full speed clockwise orbit should land on the left flipper. Same for the eject hole.

3 weeks later
#582 5 years ago

Don't go bending springs. There are two links that connect each half off a common plunger. One of mine came off completely and when I reinstalled it and adjusted/tightened the set screw it worked properly.

#583 5 years ago
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#586 5 years ago

I noticed that after upgrading the code to 1.05 that the backbox screen will blank out momentarily every so often. Has happened maybe 4 times now. Doesn't matter what is going on in the game.

#589 5 years ago

You're correct about the audio lapses. I forgot to mention that. I fired off a bug report to Stern.

2 weeks later
#595 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Anyone else have issues after shaker install?

The pin is designed for a shaker motor. Stern sells them for about 100 bucks. There was an issue in some cases and Stern addressed this with a capacitor plug in. I am running a shaker in mine and have zero problems. It makes the machine a lot more fun.
The vibration from the shaker should not hurt the boards. I rubber mounted my 8 and 9 boards to isolate them from the playfield shocks.

2 weeks later
#604 5 years ago

I was able to re-align the rail enough by loosening the holding nuts and gently bending. The same for the Mystery eject and left orbit. Now the Mystery hits the left flipper squarely and the left orbit hits the right flipper even at full speed. Both would sdtm.

10 months later
#617 4 years ago

That screen uses an hdmi cable. Wiggling doesn't fix it?

#619 4 years ago

Well, if it never blanks out during use, then I would recommend a reflash of the SD card. The software may be a bit corrupted.

1 month later
#631 4 years ago

If the opto was bad, the fork should still lower when ball search kicked in.

#634 4 years ago

To help troubleshoot, I would suggest entering diagnostics and look at the switch tests. You can also navigate the menus with the flipper buttons.

#636 4 years ago

Does this happen when the machine is first turned on after being off for a while or after warming up? Or does it matter?

#638 4 years ago

Assuming wires and connections are good, you can call Stern tech support and they will help troubleshoot.

#640 4 years ago

Well, give them a call and keep us posted. They are quite helpful. I called on a volume control issue I was having and they wound up sending me a new board.

#642 4 years ago

Calling the distro is applicable during the first few months or maybe upto a year for possible warranty coverage. After that, Stern is who you can call with tech problems. They do support over the phone.

9 months later
#652 3 years ago

Your auto launcher is not centered and sending the ball into the side of the shooter lane.

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I have an LE that has always had two issues I can't seem to resolve. First, when Death Star missions is lit and the hyperspace hyperloop hurry up is going, when I hit a shot into the Death Star the mission select is activated but the ball is either not held to select the mission, so it drains right away or it goes through the hyperloop once or twice then drains before you can quickly get through the mission intro. To solve this issue I find myself avoiding the death star when death star missions are lit until the hurry up is over or I select a mission and hold the flipper as fast as I can to power the flippers back up before the ball drains.
Second issue also involves the hyperloop. I can't seem to get it to return a ball until it goes into ball finder mode. This means I typically have to wait 25 cycles around the loop before I can get my ball back. I have had some luck hitting the flippers enough to lower the electrical current on the magnets allowing the ball to drop back into play from the Death Star ramp. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the number of times the ball goes around or another trick to get it to eject earlier?

This sounds like a code issue and I would contact Stern. They will probably tell you to do a factory reset or reflash.

#662 3 years ago

Great pic.

#668 3 years ago

How can playfield pitch help?

2 months later
#678 3 years ago

If you remove it, there will hear the clack when it drops. See if the ramp got tweaked.

3 months later
#687 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone notice w/ the latest code that the hyperspace loop seems to occasionally "misfire" and cause the ball to only make it partially around the loop? I never had any issues w/ the hyperspace loop pre-upgrade. But perhaps it's a coincidence.

I have that happen when two or more balls are in there, before the code update as well as after.

2 years later
#707 9 months ago

Kind of a loaded question here. If someone tells you how to proceed and you then break something, whose fault is that? Having said that, I suggest using a socket to loosen or tighten the flipper set screws.

#710 9 months ago

An appropriate size socket wrench rather than a screwdriver. I think it's 1/4 or 3/16. Quarter inch drive.

6 months later
#723 79 days ago

Sometimes it seems weak when multiple balls are in there. I have had it peter out and the balls wind up colliding and fall out at the bottom. I would like to have it fire as fast as possible. No adjustments that I can see regarding this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 21.50
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider D-Gottlieb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?tu=D-Gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.