12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg
There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 6 years ago

This is for problems and solutions. So that us LE owners can hopefully correct problems that arise with this Title.

So far one of my biggest problems is the ball gets stuck on the left ramp exit by the hyperloop. This happens at least once per game.

20170815_171202 (resized).jpg20170815_171202 (resized).jpg

20170815_171207 (resized).jpg20170815_171207 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

for now just partly cut 2 post rubbers and place them on both ramps in that location.

#3 6 years ago

After unboxing and setup it played one game ok. Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems. Thought it might be a switch problem but switch test reveal nothing, everything works. Tried updating the code, and that didn't make a difference either.

In contact with Dist, and Stern. Awaiting TS support. No resolution yet.

#4 6 years ago

Next problem, ball trough issues. Drained ball not sensed. This could be due to the previous random electronics issues, but seems to be a standard problem with Stern. Ball drains, not sensed, goes into ball search, repeats.

Reseating the trough connectors appears to clear the problem for a short time.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is for problems and solutions. So that us LE owners can hopefully correct problems that arise with this Title.
So far one of my biggest problems is the ball gets stuck on the left ramp exit by the hyperloop. This happens at least once per game.

Just get a standoff and attach to the post instead of the nut. Get one tall enough to not allow the ball to get in there. I'd think that'd fix it up permanently.

Quoted from Talon2000:

After unboxing and setup it played one game ok. Then after that, it will randomly select a character, auto plunge, and then just start doing random things, like turn off the GI, turn off the flippers, and generally just go completely nuts. powered it off, let it sit for 30secs, then it wouldn't boot back up. Unplugged it, and now it boots. But still has random problems. Thought it might be a switch problem but switch test reveal nothing, everything works. Tried updating the code, and that didn't make a difference either.

This sounds horrible. Maybe a node network issue? If there is a node board test go into that and check it out. I'd also look at unplugging/plugging in the node board connectors.

Hope you get it going

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

With the power off, have you tried reseating connectors? I would lift the pf and start reseating them from board to board. Should only take about 15 mins. When pins get shipped, things rattle, one loose wire could cause a slew of issues.

Edit: reseat those opto boards too. A bad opto could trigger all sorts of switch hits.

#7 6 years ago

Also check the cat5 cables that are plugged in from board to board. I know someone who had a GB topper, where the internal cat5 cable, was installed and one of the pins was bent and not connecting and made it do all kinds of things.

#8 6 years ago

Kinda wondering why the spot is facing all the way to the left. Kinds looks like...'opps..it doesn't fit with the Prem\LE ramp anymore'

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With the power off, have you tried reseating connectors? I would lift the pf and start reseating them from board to board. Should only take about 15 mins. When pins get shipped, things rattle, one loose wire could cause a slew of issues.
Edit: reseat those opto boards too. A bad opto could trigger all sorts of switch hits.

Yup tried that.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Also check the cat5 cables that are plugged in from board to board. I know someone who had a GB topper, where the internal cat5 cable, was installed and one of the pins was bent and not connecting and made it do all kinds of things.

Reseated but didn't check the pins. will check when I get back to it.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Kinda wondering why the spot is facing all the way to the left. Kinds looks like...'opps..it doesn't fit with the Prem\LE ramp anymore'

Hadn't noticed that. But yeah it is kinda odd.

#10 6 years ago

Are balls supposed to lock in the Death Star at some point? when? how?
Are there magnets in this game in front of the force targets? I thought there were supposed to be. Maybe I'm wrong. It was too late last night for me to care and to lift up the playfield...

I played prob 15 games on my LE last night and I'm so thoroughly disappointed in this LE. Star Wars Pro isn't a great table to me and the lack of difference in the LE is just saddening. As a huge Star Wars fan, and a pretty good pinball player, I was hoping that this Star Wars table would be the one that breaks the curse of bad Star Wars machines... nope. This game should have set the bar so high on what pinball machines strive to be. I'm already wanting to trade mine out. =/

Guess I just needed someplace to vent. Thanks for listening. =P

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

Are there magnets in this game in front of the force targets? I thought there were supposed to be. Maybe I'm wrong. It was too late last night for me to care and to lift up the playfield...
I played prob 15 games on my LE last night and I'm so thoroughly disappointed in this LE. Star Wars Pro isn't a great table to me and the lack of difference in the LE is just saddening. As a huge Star Wars fan, and a pretty good pinball player, I was hoping that this Star Wars table would be the one that breaks the curse of bad Star Wars machines... nope. This game should have set the bar so high on what pinball machines strive to be. I'm already wanting to trade mine out. =/

Glad you posted, It's hard to spend your hard earned money on something like this and not want to love it - I think they knew it would sell and didn't care about cutting corners...Hope code can help but please keep us updated once you get more time on the LE

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Glad you posted, It's hard to spend your hard earned money on something like this and not want to love it - I think they knew it would sell and didn't care about cutting corners...Hope code can help but please keep us updated once you get more time on the LE

I don't have an idea on the behind-the-scenes for this machine, but if *I* were in charge of this product there is NO WAY that I would have produced this machine. Maybe Stern needed to replace the money they spent on the license; maybe Disney said get it out by the Summer. Who knows? But, I would have set the pinball bar so high on this machine that every other machine EVER would have been compared to it (like I do now with AFM...)
What is ICONIC about this Stern playfield? Nothing. A plastic death star that does literally nothing. A poorly deco'd TIE fighter on a spring. Whoop-di do.
Picture MY Star Wars machine:
- The ENTIRE playfield would have been an LCD Screen. At the onset, you could choose the light side or the dark side and the playfield would change accordingly. During the game, as you enter a mode, the entire playfield would change. On tatooine? Hit a shot and enter the cantina and listen to the band play. How can you achieve that one the Stern table? can't. Cost to produce? don't care. people are paying 15k for a BM66. We can make it work...
- There would be an R2-D2 toy that projected a hologram onto the playfield. "Help me Player 2, you're my only hope". The R2 itself would be a toy with gizmos. R2 multiball - he opens up and drops a ball out for you.
- There would be a trash compactor which would be a shot that closed up and narrowed that you need to hit before time is up. cooool. (There's actual zero TOYS on what SHOULD be the most toy-etic pin ever...)
- You'd get to "use the force". Maybe the flippers get disabled and there's magnets that propel your ball instead? Or maybe magnets make a ball float and you have to hit the floating ball to start a multiball (ala Dracula).
- I'd call up Anthony Daniels and have him do the voice work. WHO IS NARRATING IN THIS STERN MACHINE? Some clone wars guy? Are you kidding me? The whole machine is Original trilogy themed and that's the best you can do? grrr

Thanks again for the space to vent on this table. I do WANT to love this game. I don't feel like that will ever happen. When I played Apollo 13 for the 2nd time ever, I got the 13 ball multiball. fun. I can't figure out how to lock a ball in my death star. not fun. =(

#13 6 years ago

post your prob LE ms here

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

That's a bummer it's not meshing well with you, and I really hope I don't sound like an ass when I say; don't feel too disappointed, you can afford a $8500+ pin without researching its features. So all isn't too bad.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

Nope. If you've got the LE the balls "lock" in the hyperloop at the beginning of hyperspace multiball (you load balls into the hyperloop where they continue to circulate, and then trigger the start of the multiball, at which point they're all released -- this is based on me watching Dead Flip videos so I can't promise I'm 100% correct on how it works). But there's no physical ball lock within the Death Star.

Quoted from kidforce7:

Nope. Those were a rumored feature (maybe seen on early leaked schematics or something?) but there are no playfield magnets on either the Pro or the LE. Only magnets in the LE are for the hyperloop to make the ball circulate (they're part of the hyperloop mechanism, are located behind the backboard, and don't interact with the balls you're knocking around on the playfield).

Quoted from kidforce7:

Sorry man, hope it grows on you over time if you don't sell/trade it right away (though based on your stated expectations that may not be in the cards). FWIW, I was a little underwhelmed by the Pro my first time or two playing it but enjoy it much more now that I've got some ideas on how to attack it.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your impressions.

#16 6 years ago

This is supposed to be a thread about problems on the machine, not personal issues with the title.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from kidforce7:

There would be an R2-D2 toy that projected a hologram onto the playfield. "Help me Player 2, you're my only hope". The R2 itself would be a toy with gizmos. R2 multiball - he opens up and drops a ball out for you.
- There would be a trash compactor which would be a shot that closed up and narrowed that you need to hit before time is up. cooool. (There's actual zero TOYS on what SHOULD be the most toy-etic pin ever...)
- You'd get to "use the force". Maybe the flippers get disabled and there's magnets that propel your ball instead? Or maybe magnets make a ball float and you have to hit the floating ball to start a multiball (ala Dracula).

All 3 of these things would get boring in less than 10 plays, game is amazing and will only get better but obviously its not for everyone

#18 6 years ago

Did they fix the ball stopping on the hyperdrive ramp and falling out in the last code update?

#19 6 years ago

Just unboxed ours, blue painters tape as t-mould protection on backbox kept tearing and left residue all over it. Goo-gone or lighter fluid takes it off.

W/ my experience w blue tape, I can't imagine the mess it will be trying to get it off if someone buys a NIB thats been sitting for some time.... ours is only 10 days old.....

Side rails and lock down were covered in a protective blue plastic which has left slight hazing / ghosting in the black gloss lockdown and rails. Assume some sort of gas-off, light cleaner wouldn't budge it assume an auto cleaner / wax will.

Outside of that only had energy to put 5 or 6 games in after coding up, so will update if anything else is found.

Game is relentlessly fast, on a scale it's an 11.... where can you go from here?

I mean the 1/2 second ds ramp ball hold is a breath of fresh air lol....

Rod

#20 6 years ago

Our LE is getting a lot of attention but we have uncovered at least one issue. The hyperspace hurry up hyperloop feature won't send the ball around more than once. It seems the accelerator magnets may not be receiving enough voltage. The PF is at 6.2 degrees. I know 6.8 is optimal but the floor is preventing us from setting the back any higher. Any how, this issue is causing problems when in some cases sending a ball into the hyperloop triggers a mission selection. Since the ball falls out after 1 round, it drains immediately because the flippers are inactive during mission selection.

Does anyone know if the accelerator magnets can be adjusted in the system menu? I was unable to find it anywhere. Also, when I go into diagnostics mode to test the accelerator, I get the same issue with the ball going around only once. If I pull the PF up and raise it high enough, the hyperloop does send the ball around over and over.

A second issue is showing on the system menu saying right flipper EOS check switch #6. The flipper seems to work fine.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Our LE is getting a lot of attention but we have uncovered at least one issue. The hyperspace hurry up hyperloop feature won't send the ball around more than once. It seems the accelerator magnets may not be receiving enough voltage. The PF is at 6.2 degrees. I know 6.8 is optimal but the floor is preventing us from setting the back any higher. Any how, this issue is causing problems when in some cases sending a ball into the hyperloop triggers a mission selection. Since the ball falls out after 1 round, it drains immediately because the flippers are inactive during mission selection.
Does anyone know if the accelerator magnets can be adjusted in the system menu? I was unable to find it anywhere. Also, when I go into diagnostics mode to test the accelerator, I get the same issue with the ball going around only once. If I pull the PF up and raise it high enough, the hyperloop does send the ball around over and over.
A second issue is showing on the system menu saying right flipper EOS check switch #6. The flipper seems to work fine.

Are you running the latest code?

I think this is the issue that was occurring on the dead-flip stream?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Are you running the latest code?
I think this is the issue that was occurring on the dead-flip stream?

Yes, I am running .89. Hyperspace hurry up is set to the default easy mode in the settings. I've tried numerous times to get a ball to circle more than once with the glass off and had no success.

We also had the anchor screw come off on the tie fighter prop, which was causing it to turn left and right. I never found the screw but was able to replace it with another one I had on hand.

#23 6 years ago

Yes, I am running .89. Hyperspace hurry up is set to the default easy mode in the settings. I've tried numerous times to get a ball to circle more than once with the glass off and had no success.
We also had the anchor screw come off on the tie fighter prop, which was causing it to turn left and right. I never found the screw but was able to replace it with another one I had on hand.

I would suggest that you try the test in the menus first. You can hand-propel a ball into the deathstar, and it should cycle all the way around the warp ramp/loop that way. If that doesn't do it, at least you know for sure that something's off.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I would suggest that you try the test in the menus first. You can hand-propel a ball into the deathstar, and it should cycle all the way around the warp ramp/loop that way. If that doesn't do it, at least you know for sure that something's off.

Did the test and no-go. Just one time around. It is finally logging an issue in the service menu though. Check switch #52 accelerator opto 3. I'll reach out to Stern this week on the issue.

#25 6 years ago

Did the test and no-go. Just one time around. It is finally logging an issue in the service menu though. Check switch #52 accelerator opto 3. I'll reach out to Stern this week on the issue.

Issue resolved. I swapped connections between the #3 and #4 accelerators and that solved my issue. I feel like R2 fixing the hyperdrive.

#26 6 years ago

I'm still on the fence of buying a Pro vs Prem. I want the Premium, but I'm worried it'll have problems.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'm still on the fence of buying a Pro vs Prem. I want the Premium, but I'm worried it'll have problems.

Well the MF hyperdrive was always breaking down in the movies so problems seem appropriate

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Get yourself a good distro and there is always plenty of help on Pinside if you get stuck. If you are really not sure do not buy one. Play it to make sure you like it first.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Get yourself a good distro and there is always plenty of help on Pinside if you get stuck. If you are really not sure do not buy one. Play it to make sure you like it first.

Yes, not worth rushing if you've got any doubts. These will be in production for years.

#30 6 years ago

I'm excited and need to get one soon. I just want to hear if there's anymore problems with the hyper loop. I'll be pay attention to this forum for sure. I don't think the premiums are available till September.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I'm excited and need to get one soon. I just want to hear if there's anymore problems with the hyper loop. I'll be pay attention to this forum for sure. I don't think the premiums are available till September.

Pay attention to the playfield ghosting and clearcoat issues and their resolutions here also.

#32 6 years ago

Hey guys! I got my Star Wars LE today (#369), and I am wondering if any of you are having the same behavior. Every now and then there is a fan in the power supply in the backbox that will run for at least a minute, and it is pretty loud. It also comes on periodically -
usually after a game, but even sometimes if I haven't been playing the machine a while. It came with .87 code, but I upgraded to .89 pretty quickly. So I am not sure if it had this behavior with .87 as well as .89. Thanks!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys! I got my Star Wars LE today (#369), and I am wondering if any of you are having the same behavior. Every now and then there is a fan in the power supply in the backbox that will run for at least a minute, and it is pretty loud. It also comes on periodically -
usually after a game, but even sometimes if I haven't been playing the machine a while. It came with .87 code, but I upgraded to .89 pretty quickly. So I am not sure if it had this behavior with .87 as well as .89. Thanks!

Yip that's normal with the new SPIKE set-up, some people have changed out the fan for a quieter model, there was a tutorial on here I believe

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Yip that's normal with the new SPIKE set-up, some people have changed out the fan for a quieter model, there was a tutorial on here I believe

Third Spike game for me and the fan doesn't bother me at all. You don't hear it during gameplay. Sometimes it turns on during attract mode for a few seconds, but it is really no big deal to me. So far the fan doesn't turn on as much as my previous Spike 1 games.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

If you go this route, just be aware that there are apparently different fans in the Pro and LE/Premium (or were with prior games anyway) so make sure you're doing an LE-specific install.

#36 6 years ago

Okay, thanks everyone! This is my first Spike-based machine. My others are SAM, WPC, etc. Cheers!

#37 6 years ago

Issue resolved. I swapped connections between the #3 and #4 accelerators and that solved my issue. I feel like R2 fixing the hyperdrive.

Awesome - I'll have to swing by and drop more coin

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Awesome - I'll have to swing by and drop more coin

Swing by. Big difference with this feature working. I thought it would hold the ball in the Death Star during mission selection. It actually continues the loop until you select. Much better than watching it drain with no use of the flippers.

3 weeks later
#39 6 years ago

Hey gang. Just purchased a SW Premium, my very first brand new pin. I was super excited about putting it on location.

However, I'm finding the game to be almost unplayable. Any time Death Star missions are lit, you shoot the ball up the death star ramp, and I assume the ball is supposed to circle around the hyperspace loop while you're choosing your mission... except it doesn't.

The ball goes around once, maybe twice, and then falls out. The flippers are turned off, so your ball just ends up draining before you can choose a mission.

Even in test mode, when you put a ball into the loop, shouldn't it just continually stay there? It's like it loses speed and can't continue to make it around.

This is a serious issue, as people can't be expected to put money into the game if they're just going to be cheated out of a ball every time they make that shot.

I tried switching the #3 and #4 connectors as suggested above, and that made the issue worse. (Unless I'm doing it wrong. Detailed pictures of exactly what you switched around would help immensely.) Really hoping that something can be done to correct this asap. I can't justify charging people to play this game as it sits.

#40 6 years ago

Can you show any photos of what you did? I tried the same fix and it basically made things worse. Thanks!

#41 6 years ago

LE: also have the problem of ball jumping onto slingshot plastic too often

Can anyone please post pictures how they fixed this? Thanks a lot in advance!

IMG_2731 (resized).JPGIMG_2731 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

This is supposed to be a thread about problems on the machine, not personal issues with the title.

Yes, but some people can't help but to bash a game as soon as they get the opportunity. It wouldn't matter what they make somebody's going to bash it.
I noticed in the menu settings it said R2-D2 topper. I'm assuming Stern going to bring out an R2-D2 topper? By the way I love mine!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

LE: also have the problem of ball jumping onto slingshot plastic too often
Can anyone please post pictures how they fixed this? Thanks a lot in advance!

I was told it was a bad wire form ramp. It shouldn't bounce out after coming down. I would call stern.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

Any time Death Star missions are lit, you shoot the ball up the death star ramp, and I assume the ball is supposed to circle around the hyperspace loop while you're choosing your mission... except it doesn't.

If Death Star missions are lit when you shoot it up there it should hold the ball while you select your mission not fire around the hyperloop.

I have had what you have happen once and assumed it missed a switch somewhere. Because it is expecting the ball to be held while you select the mission. I also drained with dead flippers

Since it happens every time, contact Stern and see if they can help you troubleshoot. Or check each of the magnet connections and the switches.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

If Death Star missions are lit when you shoot it up there it should hold the ball while you select your mission not fire around the hyperloop.
I have had what you have happen once and assumed it missed a switch somewhere. Because it is expecting the ball to be held while you select the mission. I also drained with dead flippers
Since it happens every time, contact Stern and see if they can help you troubleshoot. Or check each of the magnet connections and the switches.

There are a couple of bugs which can cause this, but it won't be every single time a player shoots the ramp.

Rob

#46 6 years ago

I have since discovered that what I'm having are two separate issues. One issue is that the ball sometimes doesn't get held by the death star when it should. The second issue is that a lot of times when the ball goes around the hyperloop, it ends up hitting metal directly underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators.

When I put the game into test mode, I turn the accelerators on, add a ball through, and it will circle around 2 maybe 3 times then smack into something metal underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators and come back down the death star fork ramps.

Isn't the main feature of the Premium/LE supposed to be that a ball gets locked into the hyperloop and stays there? Allowing you to lock multiple balls there at once? With this issue happening so frequently, I doubt I'll ever get more than one ball in there at a time. :/

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from nateluke85:

I have since discovered that what I'm having are two separate issues. One issue is that the ball sometimes doesn't get held by the death star when it should. The second issue is that a lot of times when the ball goes around the hyperloop, it ends up hitting metal directly underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators.
When I put the game into test mode, I turn the accelerators on, add a ball through, and it will circle around 2 maybe 3 times then smack into something metal underneath the plastic cover over the accelerators and come back down the death star fork ramps.
Isn't the main feature of the Premium/LE supposed to be that a ball gets locked into the hyperloop and stays there? Allowing you to lock multiple balls there at once? With this issue happening so frequently, I doubt I'll ever get more than one ball in there at a time. :/

First check that the accelerator coils are firing in order. You can tell by the blue LEDs above the plastic ramp you are talking about. As each coil fires, the blue LED above it turns on. Some owners have had to change the wiring around to make sure that the accelerator coils are firing in order.

You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down. We have our ramp set at the lowest point so that the ball does not hit the ramp on the way down on the way out of the death star. In test mode we can get 3 balls in there and they will not stop going around until we turn the accelerator off. When the ramp is set too high, the ball does not go around the hyper loop as it bounces off the ramp. When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.

I have never been able to get more than one ball in the loop while playing the game. My wife has managed to get 3 balls flying around. Holy cow, looks awesome.

Good luck!

Con

#48 6 years ago

I've gotten three balls going at once on the hyperloop. But I've found that if the ball you add up the ramp goes up just as a ball comes zipping around, it'll interrupt the flow of the hyperloop and it will cause the balls to just slow down until they fall out the front. It's not a bug, and there's nothing you can really do about it (it's basic physics, after all), but it still sucks.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've gotten three balls going at once on the hyperloop. But I've found that if the ball you add up the ramp goes up just as a ball comes zipping around, it'll interrupt the flow of the hyperloop and it will cause the balls to just slow down until they fall out the front. It's not a bug, and there's nothing you can really do about it (it's basic physics, after all), but it still sucks.

Shouldn't there be an accelerator directly under wherever ball is launched onto the loop? Not so much adding one now but back during design days, the decision of how the hyperloop would work should have uncovered this issue and the layout should have been altered to accommodate. When I hear there is nothing Stern can do to resolve a new ball being added effecting balls already in the loop, I think they should have designed it correctly the first time to prevent this from occurring. This does not happen ib HS2 super charger, which was also designed by Steve Ritchie and it happens to be a cool feature.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

First check that the accelerator coils are firing in order. You can tell by the blue LEDs above the plastic ramp you are talking about. As each coil fires, the blue LED above it turns on. Some owners have had to change the wiring around to make sure that the accelerator coils are firing in order.
You can adjust the height to the wire ramp that is entering the death star. This is the issue we had and the ball was falling out the bottom of the death star because our ramp was set too high and the coil was not catching the ball. There is a nut right under the death star on the left hand side. If you loosen the nut, you can move (adjust) the ramp up and down. We have our ramp set at the lowest point so that the ball does not hit the ramp on the way down on the way out of the death star. In test mode we can get 3 balls in there and they will not stop going around until we turn the accelerator off. When the ramp is set too high, the ball does not go around the hyper loop as it bounces off the ramp. When the ramp is set too low, same thing however the ball will not come out the bottom of the death star. If the ramp is set too low, you will have difficulty shooting the ball up in to the death star. It took us a few goes to get it right. You will know when you have it in the right spot. Shots in to the death star are smooth, the first accelerator coil catches the ball every time, and the balls fly around the loop as they are supposed to.
I have never been able to get more than one ball in the loop while playing the game. My wife has managed to get 3 balls flying around. Holy cow, looks awesome.
Good luck!
Con

Thank you so much! Lots of very helpful information here.

I'm going to make these changes tomorrow and see where it gets me. I can confirm that all the accelerators are working in order in test mode. I bet adjusting that ramp will make the difference I'm looking for. Will update tomorrow night!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions?hl=nateluke85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.