12F7532C-74D1-4C23-B411-00903E072A83 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4111 (resized).jpg
20200927_130059 (resized).jpg
20200927_114202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0423 (resized).jpg
IMG_0422 (resized).jpg
021 (2) (resized).JPG
A36B34AC-C8DC-43E8-8021-809DDC17D93B (resized).jpeg
There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 6 years ago

I installed the fork ramp replacement board and it works flawlessly under .89. After all this trouble I’m hesitant (but aching) to move up to .93 (aside from blowing my ramp, .92 was excellent). Who’s been playing .93 incessantly and have you run in to any issues? Thanks, in advance.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Totoro49:

I installed the fork ramp replacement board and it works flawlessly under .89. After all this trouble I’m hesitant (but aching) to move up to .93 (aside from blowing my ramp, .92 was excellent). Who’s been playing .93 incessantly and have you run in to any issues? Thanks, in advance.

All good after ~30 games here. And I just doubled my former grand champion score, so the new code is clearly superior

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Totoro49:

I installed the fork ramp replacement board and it works flawlessly

How long did it take to get the replacement parts? I have been waiting 10 days?

#254 6 years ago

4 screws and 3 connectors...about 10 minutes. Take a picture of it hooked up before you disconnect to reconnect correctly.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

How long did it take to get the replacement parts? I have been waiting 10 days?

Stern got me the board within a couple of days of my distributor talking to them. They accidentally sent me a power supply first but overnighted the board to me after that. Excellent service!

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

4 screws and 3 connectors...about 10 minutes. Take a picture of it hooked up before you disconnect to reconnect correctly.

It was very easy but, yes, take a pic of the connectors. I didn’t and strugggles with the configuration for a couple of minutes, doubting my memory. I did get it right, though.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Totoro49:

We played a couple hours last night and it was excellent. Love the light saber duel where you stall Darth Vader, and loved the dodging asteroids with the Millennium Falcon. No issues at all for us.

#258 6 years ago

Stern sent a new power supply that I switched out but it still won't turn on. I have no idea

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

Stern sent a new power supply that I switched out but it still won't turn on. I have no idea

Then the cpu must be bad?

Rob

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

Mine is probably the CPU going bad. Still waiting on the part from Stern. Ill let you know. If they send a CPU to you keep us updated if it fails again. Thanks

#261 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the speed of the ball hitting the back of the forks eventually deforms the forks?
Anyone else having this issue?

20171022_122012 (resized).jpg20171022_122012 (resized).jpg

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Has anyone noticed that the speed of the ball hitting the back of the forks eventually deforms the forks?

Mine are slightly bent if you look hard... I know others have mentioned this as well ... yours may be the worse so far... I would bring this to Sterns attention.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

How many plays?

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Yes, it's been noted. The real question is when will Stern change the material used to make these forks?

Rob

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Mine was bent a little like that out of the box so it didn't always go down all the way. Once I bent it back I didn't have any problem, thus I'm not sure it is the ball doing this as much as they just weren't very careful making the forks straight to begin with.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine was bent a little like that out of the box so it didn't always go down all the way. Once I bent it back I didn't have any problem, thus I'm not sure it is the ball doing this as much as they just weren't very careful making the forks straight to begin with.

Can you explain how you bent them back into shape?
Access to the area is very limited and removing the forks involves partial disassembly of the playfield

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Access to the area is very limited and removing the forks involves partial disassembly of the playfield

Are the forks bending, or is it just play in the fork mech...As the ball hits them they move slightly side to side. Has this misalignment caused anyone any problems or failure of the fork ramp?

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Correct, it would take a lot of disassembly to remove it from the bottom. I bent it from the top using Knipex pliers.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

Look at post #144 and following...

#270 6 years ago

I had been experiencing issues when the ball is coming out of they hyper loop. The flap comes up maybe too slow or miss timed and the ball pops out onto the playfield. Also if it makes it to the lower ramp the ball hops out of the wire form and lodges at the spot light post or goes to the out lane.

Anyone else have this issue? I have down time waiting on my fork ramp board, playing with some fix ideas.

#271 6 years ago

I had that issue with .089, but not with the newer code that eventually became .093

#272 6 years ago

Weak Flipper - All of a sudden today my left flipper lost a considerable amount of strength. It would barely send a ball around the right orbit. Any suggestions?

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Weak Flipper - All of a sudden today my left flipper lost a considerable amount of strength. It would barely send a ball around the right orbit. Any suggestions?

Check that you have constant continuity at the EOS switch. If that switch is not making good contact when the flipper is down, weak flipper city.

#274 6 years ago

I received a new CPU and so far working fine. I bent the fork blades so they would work because looking at switching it out with the one they sent me would be a big pain. It will eventually bend back but Ill wait to take it all apart until a better part comes out. Very fun game. Took me 21 days from the date I received it to get it going 100%. If someone could take a picture of a way they protect the backs of the blade ramp Id appreciate it. Any idea when the R2D2 topper may be available?

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

Any idea when the R2D2 topper may be available?

Have your $500 in hand?

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from faqawi:

I bent the fork blades so they would work because looking at switching it out with the one they sent me would be a big pain.

Stern sent me a replacement ramp because mine was bent outward. I removed the ramp from beneath the playfield, which is like removing piston rings of an internal combustion engine through the tailpipe, and it turns out the replacement ramp was spread even wider. I ended up bending the original ramp inward and everything is okay after a couple of hundred games.

Quoted from faqawi:

If someone could take a picture of a way they protect the backs of the blade ramp Id appreciate it.

When I removed the ramp I was quite surprised to see that there was very little damage to the back of the ramp. After 1000+ games I expected to see major impact damage from all the balls coming in from the Hoth loop, but that was not the case. I'm now of the opinion that the ramp is pretty strong and it probably wasn't tweaked enough when they assembled the machine. Time will tell, but I'm hoping the ramp won't be a chronic problem once it's adjusted (bent) properly. YMMV

#277 6 years ago

Running .93 had this issue for the first time.
Playing R2D2 tie fighter multiball.
Had two balls left then all of the sudden both flippers no response.
Left side flasher behind the drop targets flashing.
Looked up at the display and the Star Destroyer had little explosions various places but a still picture just for a moment.
Balls had drained and I put my name in (it had went to game over mode).
Attempted to start another game no coils, Force lights under the inserts were cycling very dim and flasher behind them blinking but no coils. I could here the flipper sounds so the switches were working.
Went directly to coil test and cycled coils nothing. Powered down machine and back on, booted but still no coils.
Removed balls lifted playfield found nothing obvious put playfield back in place.
Turned off machine opened back box and cycled power back on all lights on MPU came on normally, and the machine booted normally. Pressed start and it searched for the balls so the coils were back on.

Played by hand making sure hyper loop worked and it does.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 week later
#278 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Running .93 had this issue for the first time.
Playing R2D2 tie fighter multiball.
Had two balls left then all of the sudden both flippers no response.
Left side flasher behind the drop targets flashing.
Looked up at the display and the Star Destroyer had little explosions various places but a still picture just for a moment.
Balls had drained and I put my name in (it had went to game over mode).
Attempted to start another game no coils, Force lights under the inserts were cycling very dim and flasher behind them blinking but no coils. I could here the flipper sounds so the switches were working.
Went directly to coil test and cycled coils nothing. Powered down machine and back on, booted but still no coils.
Removed balls lifted playfield found nothing obvious put playfield back in place.
Turned off machine opened back box and cycled power back on all lights on MPU came on normally, and the machine booted normally. Pressed start and it searched for the balls so the coils were back on.
Played by hand making sure hyper loop worked and it does.
Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue while playing R2D2 and getting Hyper Space or Tie Fighter multi-ball, I forgot which mode. Same thing balls came out of loop and flippers just died. This happened with the newest code.

#279 6 years ago

I'm having two issues with my Premium SW machine running 0.93:

1. The balls do not stay locked in the hyperspace loop. They usually go around 5 times or so (sometimes more, sometimes less) before falling out. It looks like they hit the top of the accelerator input tunnel (the metal, not the plastic cover) after going through the Death Star and then fall back down the fork ramp (see picture). I've tried adjusting the height of the wire ramp that goes through Death Star, but still can't get the balls to fly through endlessly like they should in service mode. Contacted Stern and sent pictures. Waiting to hear back. Any suggestions on adjustments I can make?

2. The ball bounces up and over the flipper way too often. Mostly happens when the flying through the inner loops (coming from either side) and moving very quickly. Any idea what I can do to prevent this?

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated!

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#280 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with a ball getting stuck behind the fork ramp on the hyperloop? Updated to the new code at the weekend and it happened a couple of times while playing Boba Fett Escape with Han Solo. Seemed fine with other characters.
Ball sits behind the ramp and does a ball search twice but the forks don't go all the way down (stay up about 5mm above playfield). On the third ball search the ramp goes fully down and releases ball.
This isn't a mechanical issue as it works with no problem on other modes and never happened on previous code.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from todler:

Anyone having issues with a ball getting stuck behind the fork ramp on the hyperloop? Updated to the new code at the weekend and it happened a couple of times while playing Boba Fett Escape with Han Solo. Seemed fine with other characters.
Ball sits behind the ramp and does a ball search twice but the forks don't go all the way down (stay up about 5mm above playfield). On the third ball search the ramp goes fully down and releases ball.
This isn't a mechanical issue as it works with no problem on other modes and never happened on previous code.

My fork just got stuck over the weekend using .92 code. Nothing seems to work in terms of making it move again. Going to have a troubleshoot walkthrough with my distro tomorrow. Maybe I'll break out the whiskey later tonight and have a go at fixing it.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My fork just got stuck over the weekend using .92 code. Nothing seems to work in terms of making it move again. Going to have a troubleshoot walkthrough with my distro tomorrow. Maybe I'll break out the whiskey later tonight and have a go at fixing it.

.92 burns the 9D board out (gives power to the fork ramp motor). That's why Stern took it down and updated to .93. Call Chas at Stern and they will send out a new board (first make sure I'm right about that board. You should see an obvious burn mark in the center right of the board...around D2.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Yeah, I don't know if your board is burned or not (if the ramps still moving at all, I'd guess not), but that "ramp stays up a bit" thing was definitely a .92 problem. Upgrading to .93 solved it for me. I would try updating first before you call Stern and ask for board replacement. If nothing else, they're going to tell you to upgrade first anyway before they send you a replacement board.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from todler:

We have noticed that issue. We reset the game code to see if that helped. All it did was drop the forks at the first ball search. Sometimes the ball does not fire out of the mystery hole and need a ball search to get that out as well. I think they are software glitches. Hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Good to see we are getting closer to a 1.0 code. I am liking the game, but not loving it yet. I cannot get my head around the multiplier.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from jon_f:

1. The balls do not stay locked in the hyperspace loop. They usually go around 5 times or so (sometimes more, sometimes less) before falling out. It looks like they hit the top of the accelerator input tunnel (the metal, not the plastic cover) after going through the Death Star and then fall back down the fork ramp (see picture). I've tried adjusting the height of the wire ramp that goes through Death Star, but still can't get the balls to fly through endlessly like they should in service mode. Contacted Stern and sent pictures. Waiting to hear back. Any suggestions on adjustments I can make?

I don't have an idea on any adjustments, but there are rare occasions where the ball hits something and goes flying off the rail at the back right of the loop. It's really rare that it happens though.

Quoted from jon_f:

2. The ball bounces up and over the flipper way too often. Mostly happens when the flying through the inner loops (coming from either side) and moving very quickly. Any idea what I can do to prevent this?

I tend to let the ball bounce of the flipper to avoid this and the balls smacking the bottom of the hyperloop (above the flippers). Eventually the game will slow down a bit and it shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Rob

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sometimes the ball does not fire out of the mystery hole and need a ball search to get that out as well.

This sounds like either the switch on the saucer needs adjusting or the ball isn't sitting properly in the saucer. I recommend testing it in switch test to verify the switch operation.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have noticed that issue. We reset the game code to see if that helped. All it did was drop the forks at the first ball search.

I have had the ball not be recognized behind the fork ramp on my game too, but it's a rare thing. We will just have to wait and see what the next versions fix.

Rob

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from jon_f:

I'm having two issues with my Premium SW machine running 0.93:
Any help on these would be greatly appreciated!

2. You could try sliding up the flipper rubbers on the flippers. This will add more downward push when they contact the ball. May help a bit.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This sounds like either the switch on the saucer needs adjusting or the ball isn't sitting properly in the saucer. I recommend testing it in switch test to verify the switch operation.

I have had the ball not be recognized behind the fork ramp on my game too, but it's a rare thing. We will just have to wait and see what the next versions fix.
Rob

Het Rob,

Thanks for the help, we have checked the saucer switch and works fine. I am fairly confident that it is a glitch. Does not bother us much. My wife loves the game.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Why are you still running v0.92 when v0.93 has been out for 2 weeks already?

#290 6 years ago

Hello Premium/LE owners, now that the dust has settled a little bit what are your thoughts on SW Premium/LE? I am still interested in a Star Wars but all of the issues and node board failures have me concerned. I want to love the game and the hyperloop, but I am wondering if I pulled the trigger if I would have instant regret. I asked another LE owner what his thoughts were and his reply was go Pro on this one. Any honest feedback is appreciated.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hello Premium/LE owners, now that the dust has settled a little bit what are your thoughts on SW Premium/LE? I am still interested in a Star Wars but all of the issues and node board failures have me concerned. I want to love the game and the hyperloop, but I am wondering if I pulled the trigger if I would have instant regret. I asked another LE owner what his thoughts were and his reply was go Pro on this one. Any honest feedback is appreciated.

I don't think you'd have any regret. I've played the pro and pre/le and both are really great and addictive games, but I put my money on the LE and don't have any remorse. The hyper loop is an amazing spectacle and I actually enjoy the added challenge of the fork ramp for the deathstar shot. Make no mistake, that shot is much harder on the pre/le though. My machine hasn't had any issue with any boards, though in full disclosure I did miss 0.92 code by happenstance and jumped from 0.91 to 0.93, so maybe I dodged a bullet.

You can't go wrong with either, but if you like the hyper loop then I don't think there's any reason for you at this point to get a model without it. GLWTB!

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I don't think you'd have any regret. I've played the pro and pre/le and both are really great and addictive games, but I put my money on the LE and don't have any remorse. The hyper loop is an amazing spectacle and I actually enjoy the added challenge of the fork ramp for the deathstar shot. Make no mistake, that shot is much harder on the pre/le though. My machine hasn't had any issue with any boards, though in full disclosure I did miss 0.92 code by happenstance and jumped from 0.91 to 0.93, so maybe I dodged a bullet.
You can't go wrong with either, but if you like the hyper loop then I don't think there's any reason for you at this point to get a model without it. GLWTB!

What he said. (And I had no problems with .92, either...or with anything else for that matter.)

#293 6 years ago

I bought a NIB SW Pro in August an had zero issues. Game is fast and if you like SW it's a winner. Sounds, Video and light is great. I liked it so much I sold it and bought a NIB SW Premium. If you have the cash buy the premium. My concern was that the inner loop shot on the pro would be way different on the Premium/LE but it's not. The hyperdrive shot is great! and the gate on the outlane is a nice addition. The metal ramps give a nice look, esp with mirror blades. I have zero issues out of the box with this one also.

sw (resized).JPGsw (resized).JPG

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I liked it so much I sold it and bought a NIB SW Premium.

Thank you, this is what I wanted to hear

I know I want a Star Wars but I really am on the fence to which one to get. Anyone have the opposite opinion and go from Premium/LE to Pro? Sometimes it takes a little time to determine what model is best. I still think Pro is the way to go on GOT. SW is still TBD.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Thank you, this is what I wanted to hear
I know I want a Star Wars but I really am on the fence to which one to get. Anyone have the opposite opinion and go from Premium/LE to Pro? Sometimes it takes a little time to determine what model is best. I still think Pro is the way to go on GOT. SW is still TBD.

I'm still undecided myself and was concerned about the fork ramp issues. Seems like it slows game down on premium vs pro.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

concerned about the fork ramp issues

I know I would love the hyperloop feature and it is worth the upgrade, my problem is I don't want to have to be MacGyver and fix a bunch of stuff like bent fork ramps, aligning ramp properly, and damage to machine from balls slamming against stop. I am concerned that the mechanics of it will drive me crazy. If code seemed to help and people are happy now that is what I want to know.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know I would love the hyperloop feature and it is worth the upgrade, my problem is I don't want to have to be MacGyver and fix a bunch of stuff like bent fork ramps, aligning ramp properly, and damage to machine from balls slamming against stop. I am concerned that the mechanics of it will drive me crazy. If code seemed to help and people are happy now that is what I want to know.

My fork ramp was bent a little out of the box so it didn't always go down all the way but it was easy to bend back without any disassembly. Every NIB pin I've gotten (JJP, Stern, Spooky) has required some minor adjustments or repair out of the box and that and decreasing the power on the right scoop kick out were the only thing I had to do on my SW LE. Very happy with this one.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Why are you still running v0.92 when v0.93 has been out for 2 weeks already?

My son recently had surgery, so it was one of those, "I'm going to get around to it" tasks.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

.92 burns the 9D board out (gives power to the fork ramp motor). That's why Stern took it down and updated to .93. Call Chas at Stern and they will send out a new board (first make sure I'm right about that board. You should see an obvious burn mark in the center right of the board...around D2.

That's my fear from what I've read. I'm going to take a look at it this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah, I don't know if your board is burned or not (if the ramps still moving at all, I'd guess not), but that "ramp stays up a bit" thing was definitely a .92 problem. Upgrading to .93 solved it for me. I would try updating first before you call Stern and ask for board replacement. If nothing else, they're going to tell you to upgrade first anyway before they send you a replacement board.

For sure. I updated to .93, still the same issue as of yesterday evening. I'm about to check the board itself. Pretty sure the board is fried at this point. My distributor wants to do a quick troubleshoot before escalating to Stern, which I'm fine with. I'm glad all parties involved are jumping on this issue quick and solving it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 723 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.